Matlab 2011b hangs 5-6 seconds after running small m-files

Dear all,
i did not have this problem with previous Matlab releases. My problem is that since I have the 2011b  release every time I run a m-file it hangs  5-6 seconds after all the computation are performed. In those 5-6 seconds I cannot do anything, neither checking workspace or write in the command window or using the editor. I tried to create minimal examples to understand when it does that and it looks that the problem is related with figures. The following code never hangs (I tried 10 times):

close all
clear all
clc
a= 1:1:100000;

The following code always hangs:

close all
clear all
clc
a= 1:1:100000;
figure

and also the following code always hangs:

close all
clear all
clc
a= 1:1:100000;
plot(a(1:1000))

This is very annoying. Expecially when you are "debugging" your code or trying different inputs. Any suggestion?
thanks
Alberto

"Alberto " <canestrelli@idra.unipd.it> wrote in message
> Dear all,
> i did not have this problem with previous Matlab releases. My problem is
> that since I have the 2011b  release every time I run a m-file it hangs
> 5-6 seconds after all the computation are performed. In those 5-6 seconds
> I cannot do anything, neither checking workspace or write in the command
> window or using the editor. I tried to create minimal examples to
> understand when it does that and it looks that the problem is related with
> figures. The following code never hangs (I tried 10 times):

*snip*

> This is very annoying. Expecially when you are "debugging" your code or
> trying different inputs. Any suggestion?

What OS are you using?

Can you share information about your graphics driver? Have you tried
downloading newer or older versions of your driver from your graphics card
manufacturer's website?

Did this problem start recently or has it always been the case? If the
former, what changes have you or your OS made to your system (patches,
installing new applications, removing old applications, updating your virus
scanner, etc.) between the last time this did NOT occur and the first time
it did?

--
Steve Lord
slord@mathworks.com

0
slord (13689)
4/17/2012 9:25:17 PM
Thanks,
my OS is windows 7 64 bit. The problem always showed up since I installed Matlab 2011b. With Matlab 7 it works perfectly (just tried, same m-file runs ok with matlab 7 and holds 6 seconds with 2011b). I did not do any major changes to the PC. I tried to disable the antivirus but nothing.
My graphic card is Intel(R) HD graphic family,version 8.15.10.2509 . Shall I tried to update it? everything else works fine...I would not like to mess up anything.
Please let me know
thanks
Alberto

"Steven_Lord" <slord@mathworks.com> wrote in message <jmkn3t$cn1$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...

> "Alberto " <canestrelli@idra.unipd.it> wrote in message
> > Dear all,
> > i did not have this problem with previous Matlab releases. My problem is
> > that since I have the 2011b  release every time I run a m-file it hangs
> > 5-6 seconds after all the computation are performed. In those 5-6 seconds
> > I cannot do anything, neither checking workspace or write in the command
> > window or using the editor. I tried to create minimal examples to
> > understand when it does that and it looks that the problem is related with
> > figures. The following code never hangs (I tried 10 times):
>
> *snip*
>
> > This is very annoying. Expecially when you are "debugging" your code or
> > trying different inputs. Any suggestion?
>
> What OS are you using?
>
> Can you share information about your graphics driver? Have you tried
> downloading newer or older versions of your driver from your graphics card
> manufacturer's website?
>
> Did this problem start recently or has it always been the case? If the
> former, what changes have you or your OS made to your system (patches,
> installing new applications, removing old applications, updating your virus
> scanner, etc.) between the last time this did NOT occur and the first time
> it did?
>
> --
> Steve Lord
> slord@mathworks.com
> http://www.mathworks.com
Any suggestion?

> Any suggestion?

Nothing there seems unusual. I suggest you contact Technical Support and
work with them to determine the cause of this behavior; debugging this with
direct, one-on-one assistance from Support will likely be faster and easier
than debugging it over the newsgroup.

--
Steve Lord
slord@mathworks.com

0
slord (13689)
5/2/2012 5:24:23 PM
hi Alberto!

could you ever solve your issue? i think i'm experiencing the same thing with R2012b..

cheers, Daniel

"Alberto" wrote in message <jnrjgs$imb$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> Any suggestion?
>

> "Alberto" wrote in message <jmkoem$heq$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> > Thanks,
> > my OS is windows 7 64 bit. The problem always showed up since I installed Matlab 2011b. With Matlab 7 it works perfectly (just tried, same m-file runs ok with matlab 7 and holds 6 seconds with 2011b). I did not do any major changes to the PC. I tried to disable the antivirus but nothing.
> > My graphic card is Intel(R) HD graphic family,version 8.15.10.2509 . Shall I tried to update it? everything else works fine...I would not like to mess up anything.
> > Please let me know
> > thanks
> > Alberto
> >
> > "Steven_Lord" <slord@mathworks.com> wrote in message <jmkn3t$cn1$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> > >

> > > "Alberto " <canestrelli@idra.unipd.it> wrote in message
> > >
> > > *snip*

> > > What OS are you using?
> > >
> > > Can you share information about your graphics driver? Have you tried
> > > downloading newer or older versions of your driver from your graphics card
> > > manufacturer's website?
> > >
> > > Did this problem start recently or has it always been the case? If the
> > > former, what changes have you or your OS made to your system (patches,
> > > installing new applications, removing old applications, updating your virus
> > > scanner, etc.) between the last time this did NOT occur and the first time
> > > it did?
> > >
> > > --
> > > Steve Lord
> > > slord@mathworks.com
> > > To contact Technical Support use the Contact Us link on
> > > http://www.mathworks.com
0
e0427584 (2)
4/2/2013 11:29:10 AM
Hey Daniel! Unfortunately I did not solve it. It s a pain, it does not hang always but often. Unfortunately here they dont help much....
I notice that it happens more often when I have the option checked here: Debug->stop if error/warnings -> always stop. But this is often very useful when debugging.
Let me know if you solve it please.
Cheers
A.

> Hey Daniel! Unfortunately I did not solve it. It s a pain, it does not
> hang always but often. Unfortunately here they dont help much....

I have been busy and this thread slipped off my radar.

> I notice that it happens more often when I have the option checked here:
> Debug->stop if error/warnings -> always stop. But this is often very
> useful when debugging.
> Let me know if you solve it please.

I don't know of a solution to this problem; please contact Technical Support
(using the instructions in my signature) so they can work with you to
diagnose the cause of this behavior and hopefully find a solution or a
workaround.

--
Steve Lord
slord@mathworks.com

0
slord (13689)
4/3/2013 1:31:53 PM
"Steven_Lord" <slord@mathworks.com> wrote in message <kjhb09$pis$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...

> "Alberto " <canestrelli@idra.unipd.it> wrote in message
> > Hey Daniel! Unfortunately I did not solve it. It s a pain, it does not
> > hang always but often. Unfortunately here they dont help much....
>
> I have been busy and this thread slipped off my radar.
>
> > I notice that it happens more often when I have the option checked here:
> > Debug->stop if error/warnings -> always stop. But this is often very
> > useful when debugging.
> > Let me know if you solve it please.
>
> I don't know of a solution to this problem; please contact Technical Support
> (using the instructions in my signature) so they can work with you to
> diagnose the cause of this behavior and hopefully find a solution or a
> workaround.
>
> --
> Steve Lord
> slord@mathworks.com
> http://www.mathworks.com

It's interesting finding this topic as I experience the same problem. Alberto and Daniel did you experience your problem when having big amouns of bytes in the memory?
Running XP 32 bit matlab 2012b

Incompatible of MAT file for Matlab 6.5.1 and Matlab 7.0
Hi! I have recently installed Matlab 7.0. I have save my simulation results in .MAT file. However, these MAT files can't be opened using Matlab 6.5.1. I encountered problem as follows: ??? Error using ==> load Unable to read MAT file D:\MATLAB7\work\results.mat File may be corrupt. How can I solve this problem? Thanks. Linda Please see here: <http://tx.technion.ac.il/~perryb/matlab7/mat7.pdf> In short, save again as: The new features and enhancements are described in the "Release notes" of Matlab. A new feature that causes incompatibility with previous versions of Matlab is the new encoding of MAT files. Matlab release 14 writes character and figure data to MAT-files using Unicode encoding by default. Unicode encoded MAT-files are not readable by earlier versions of Matlab. If you intend to load your MAT-files created with Matlab release 14, you must override the Unicode default during the save. You can override the default encoding by using the -v6 switch with save and hgsave: save filename -v6 hgsave filename -v6 Hope it helps Linda wrote: > > > Hi! > > I have recently installed Matlab 7.0. > I have save my simulation results in .MAT file. > However, these MAT files can't be opened using Matlab 6.5.1. > > I encountered problem as follows: > > ??? Error using ==> load > Unable to read MAT file D:\MATLAB7\work\results.mat > > File ma...

bar
In MatLab 6.5, the routine above works normal: figure; sem=Average(:,2)./sqrt(Average(:,3)); bar([1:1:7],Average(:,1),sem); ylabel('% of epochs analyzed') xlabel('Frequency Band') title ('Occurrence of Oscillatory Events - Ch X') %Where Average and sem are vectors; But, in MatLab 7.0, the same code cause the following error: ??? Error using ==> xychk Too many input arguments. Error in ==> bar at 53 [msg,x,y] = xychk(args{1:nargs},'plot'); Error in ==> cross_subj_analysis>ok_Callback at 327 bar([1:1:7],Average(:,1),sem); I'd like to know why this occour. Thanks Henrique In article <g7a1j6$l1$1@fred.mathworks.com>, Henrique Amaral <henriquetomaz@uol.com.br> wrote: >In MatLab 6.5, the routine above works normal: >figure; >sem=Average(:,2)./sqrt(Average(:,3)); >bar([1:1:7],Average(:,1),sem); >ylabel('% of epochs analyzed') >xlabel('Frequency Band') >title ('Occurrence of Oscillatory Events - Ch X') >%Where Average and sem are vectors; >But, in MatLab 7.0, the same code cause the following error: >??? Error using ==> xychk >Too many input arguments. >Error in ==> bar at 53 > [msg,x,y] = xychk(args{1:nargs},'plot'); >Error in ==> cross_subj_analysis>ok_Callback at 327 >bar([1:1:7],Average(:,1),sem); >I'd like to know why this occour. When the third argument is numeric, it must be the bar width. barwidth must b...

some problems of codes of MATLAB 7.0 working on MATLAB 6.5
I have used MATLAB for few hours.So I don't know the differences between version 6.5 and 7.0.I want to use some codes of MATLAB 7.0, but they doesn't work in MATLAB 6.5.How to change these codes so that they can work in matlab 6.5.Waiting for your help. Thank you . The codes are like this .I think changing the function findPI may work ,but I don'y know how % PIfun.m % Evaluate a function used to find the PI-line, using Kyle Champley's % method. % % Adam Wunderlich % last update: 5/18/06 function y = PIfun(r,R,h,gamma,x3,sb) temp = R - r*cos(gamma-sb); y = h*((pi - 2*atan(r*sin(gamma-sb)/temp))*(1 + (r^2 - R^2)/ (2*R*temp)) ... + sb) - x3; % find_PI_Line.m % % Find the the parametric interval corresponding to the unique PI-line % passing through the point x for a given helical pitch. % This code implements the method of Kyle Champley. % inputs: P = pitch (cm/turn), R = helix radius, delta_s = s stepsize, x % output: PI = [sb st] % % Adam Wunderlich % last update: 5/18/06 function [PI] = findPI(P,R,delta_s,x) h = P/(2*pi); r = sqrt(x(1)^2+x(2)^2); gamma = atan2(x(2),x(1)); options = optimset('TolX',h*delta_s/100,'FunValCheck','on'); [sb,fval,exitflag] = fzero(@(sb) PIfun(r,R,h,gamma,x(3),sb),... [(x(3)-h*pi)/h,x(3)/h],options); if exitflag ~=1, disp('Error: PI invalid'); end % note that beta=sb in Kyle's formula alphaX = atan(r*sin(gamma-sb)/(R - r*cos(gamma-sb))); st = sb + pi -...

Why can't Fortran-mex files be compiled on matlab V5.3 and run on matlab V6?
Hi, does anyone know why Fortran-mex files can't be compiled on matlab V5.3 and run on matlab V6? For example: if I compile the example-program (shipped with matlab) timestwo.f on matlab version 5.3 (R11) and try to run it on matlab version 6+ (R12 or R13), I get the error message: "Unable to load mex file: E:\timestwo.dll. The specified module could not be found. ??? Invalid MEX-file" Likewise if I compile it on matlab version 6.1 (R12), I get a similar error message if run on matlab version 5.3 (R11). However, if I run it on matlab version 6.5 it works OK. If I try the same experiment with the corresponding example file written in C, timestwo.c, I get no such problems. Why is that? Per A. Hi Per, usually MEX-files need to be compiled with the MATLAB version you want it later to run with. The reason is, that the code links against the current dynamic libraries (DLLs), which may change from version to version. You may have luck that it works (see your example of timestwo.f), but you should never rely on this. Titus "Per A. Brodtkorb" <Per.Brodtkorb@ffi.no> wrote in message news:eecb303.-1@webx.raydaftYaTP... > Hi, > > does anyone know why Fortran-mex files can't be compiled on matlab > V5.3 and run on matlab V6? > > For example: if I compile the example-program (shipped with matlab) > timestwo.f > on matlab version 5.3 (R11) and try to run > it on matlab version 6+ (R12 or R13), I ...

Shall i use the misrosoft Visual c++ code from a m-file generated from matlab in Visual C++ with out matlab runtime environment
undefined ...

reading matlab .m file
Hello, I have a signal in matlab .m format and I want to read it by using LabVIEW for further processing. In matlab_file_reader you can see my approach. As documentation I have used the document Mat-File format (you can download it from http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/pdf_doc/matlab/matfile_format.pdf) The signal is also attached bellow, I change the extention from.m to .txt to be able to attach the file As you can see in the Endian Indicator of the Header Flag Field has a value of "IM" which indicates that the signal should be read by inverting the bytes order. I perform that and I start to read the values. On the vi attached only the two first values are readed. The values that I obtain are: value 1 = 6 value 2 = 1 and they should be (when the signal is readed with matlab - load(signal) command): value 1 = 0.6736 value 2 = -0.0911 as you can see there is something wrong. The data type that I read from the Sub Element Tags are 32-Bit Unsigned and 32-Bit signed for the first two values respectively, something that can not be if you see the expected values. Does anyone know where the problem could be? matlab_file_reader2.vi: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/283953/1/matlab_file_reader2.vi signal.txt: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/283953/2/signal.txt Hi, &nbsp; I have been looking at this for a while now and yes you have missed out the array subset flags, array size, and array name registers.&nbsp; Once you process...

can't run matlab setup/No puedo correr matlab
Hi! I opened the&nbsp;matlab script fractal.vi&nbsp;then my antivirus (Kaspersky)&nbsp;ask&nbsp;if I acept the modified te registry of matlab setup,&nbsp; I &nbsp;say "yes" After that when I want open matlab the setup run but inmediatly it's close, why???? &nbsp; Hola: Abri el matlab script fractal.vi y mi antivirus (Kasoersky)me preguntaba si aceptaba una modificacion del registro del setup de matlab yo acepte Despues de eso cuanto abro matlab se cierra inmediatamente porque?? &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Hola Sa�l Es probable que el problema est� relacionado con el antivirus Kaspersky, trata de deshabilitarlo y correr nuevamente el ejemplo.&nbsp; Si esto no funciona revisa el estado de tus licencias de LabVIEW y de Matlab, probablemente tengas que reinstalar el programa y/o activar las licencias. �Qu� versi�n de LabVIEW y Matlab tienes? �El comportamiento es el mismo con el otro ejemplo?, me refiero al de la siguiente dir: labview\examples\scriptnode\Differential Equation.llb\MATLAB Script - Lorenz Diff Eq.vi Si corres este ejemplo �El antivirus tambi�n te pregunta cambiar lo de los registros?, ser�a bueno contactar a Mathworks para saber c�mo reconfigurar nuevamente los registros de Matlab ...

Execute m-file without starting Matlab
Hello, I would like to execute a Matlab m-file several times from LabView. I want to start Matlab only once at the beginning and then leave it opened. If I use the SystemExecution.vi, I can use the system instruction to execute the script, but this also starts Matlab. I don't think that using Math Script Node is a good idea, since the Matlab code is huge and consists of lots of m-files, therefore I don't want to paste the whole code into the Script Node. How can I do this? Regards, Gerald Hi Gerald, &nbsp; Some alternatives to consider: - You could try invoking your .m file script from MathScript by calling it from the MathScript node rather than inserting the entire script. To do&nbsp;so, you would save your script(s) in a folder that's part of the MathScript search path. (See the help for&nbsp;the path command (<a href="http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361B-01/lvtextmath/msfunc_path/" target="_blank">here</a>) for more info about this search path.) - LabVIEW includes a "MATLAB Script&nbsp;Node" that allows you to call on an installed copy of The Math Works Inc. MATLAB� software to execute your m file scripts. This node coexists with LabVIEW graphical code as a "script node," a rectangular region that you can add to your LabVIEW block diagrams and use to enter or load .m files. When the node executes, LabVIEW calls the MATLAB software to execute the .m file script. See this &l...

C code generation from Matlab (m-file)
Can i generate c code from matlab m-files I believe that c code can be generated from simulink models using rea time workshop but can the same be done using m-files instead of simulink. "arslan" <arsl_khalid@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:_KSdnfsQqo6d0srVnZ2dnUVZ_hSdnZ2d@giganews.com... > Can i generate c code from matlab m-files > I believe that c code can be generated from simulink models using real > time workshop but can the same be done using m-files instead of simulink. Look at MCS from AgilityDS http://www.agilityds.com/products/default.aspx Hans www.ht-lab.com arslan wrote: > Can i generate c code from matlab m-files > I believe that c code can be generated from simulink models using real > time workshop but can the same be done using m-files instead of simulink. Yes, if you have the matlab Compiler product. Otherwise you have to code by hand. There are third party converter products, but they aren't cheap. http://www.ancad.com/codeConverter.php On Jun 17, 1:43=A0am, "arslan" <arsl_kha...@yahoo.com> wrote: > Can i generate c code from matlab m-files > I believe that c code can be generated from simulink models using real > time workshop but can the same be done using m-files instead of simulink. Yes, I do it all the time, you have to first drag an embedded matlab block into simulink, then put your m code inside it, there are some limitations as far as what functions you can and cannot use...

Errors and Warnings after compiling MATLAB GUI m-file
Hello Matlab Community, I need help ASAP! Any thoughts/input on what might be going wrong would be appreciated. I'm new to creating Matlab GUIs. I have created a straight forward GUI that works fine in the Matlab enviroment and consists of simple static text, editable text and push buttons. When I compile to create a stand alone application using 'mcc -o outputfile -m guifilename.m', the warnings and errors below are generated (the GUI does pop-up when I click on the .exe file but does not function): - Warning: Could not find appropriate function on path loading function handle C:\Program Files\MATLAB\R2008a\toolbox\matlab\guide\guidemfile.m@<hObject,eventdata>MFL_GUI<'input1_Callback',hObject,eventdata,guidata<hObject>> > In hgload at 43 In openfig at 78 In gui_mainfcn>local_openfig at 271 In MFL_GUI at 16 (It loops over and over) Then the following: ??? Error using ==> struct2handle Undefined function handle ??? Error using ==> struct2handle Error while evaluating uicontrol CreateFcn Any help would be appreciated... Thanks, J J J wrote: > I need help ASAP! Any thoughts/input on what might be going wrong would > be appreciated. I'm new to creating Matlab GUIs. I have created a > straight forward GUI that works fine in the Matlab enviroment and > consists of simple static text, editable text and push buttons. When I > compile to create a stand alone applicat...

What is the best way to import Excel files, with stock data, into Matlab? I’m using Matlab R2010b (64-bit)
What is the best way to import Excel files, with stock data, into Matlab? I’m using Matlab R2010b (64-bit) I’m trying to import historical prices of stock data. Matlab keeps cutting off the header of each column; it gives me only values. I am thinking that this is a data-type-mixing-issue, or whatever it’s called. I have ‘Dates’ in ColumnA, and ‘MSFT’, ‘PWER’, ‘KO’, and ‘SBUX’, in ColumnB-ColumnE. Basically, if I put the Excel file in my Matlab folder and double-click the file, I see the values in a matrix (no dates and no headers), I hit ‘Next’. Then, I see only one option; one radio button is enabled – ‘Create variable matching preview’. The other two options, ‘Create vectors from each column using column names’ and ‘Create vectors from each row using row names’ – both are greyed out. I’ve seen videos, on YouTube and on the Matlab site, where people import excel data and these options are NOT greyed out. No matter what I do, there options are ALWAYS greyed out. The problem is, when I click ‘Finish’ in my ‘Workspace’ I have a variable named ‘data’ all values in a 575x4 matrix, but I have NO DATES and I have NO HEADERS on the columns. All of this seems to go into another variable, called ‘textdata’; all dates and headers ate in textdata. This is VERY inconvenient. I’m trying to analyze some stock data and I have no headers, so I have no idea which stock is which (I can figure it out, but I think Matlab should do this for me). Also, I have no dates corresponding to ...

matlab file
i need to know how we calculate euclideandistance of a bitstream/codeword based on the channel gain of that particular codeword/bitstream subchannel ...

Problems with installation with Matlab 6.5 R13 in Windows XP
Hello ALL, I'm new with Matlab and I've being problems with the Matlab's instalation on Windows XP Professional. When I try to execute te setup.exe a pop-up appear on my screen with this message: "There is not enough space on the C: drive to complete the installation. The installer needs about 7 MB of space for temporary files. You need to free some space on this drive, or change your TMP environment variable to point to a drive that has more space." My PC is a AMD Athlon XP 1900+ with 256 MB RAM and has HD with capacity to 40GB of storage. It has free 19 GB to use yet. I can't understand because the installation of this software does not happen. I need help URGENTLY to solution this question. My graduation depends this Really Thanks Best Regards, Rog�rio Carrasqueira Hi Rogerio, Check your TMP environment variable and make sure that it exists and that it points to a directory that exists and has enough space (~7Mb) to copy temporary files to. If this does not help, I would contact support (support@mathworks.com). Good luck! Sean "Rog�rio Carrasqueira" <rgcarrasqueira@superig.com.br> wrote in message news:eeed806.-1@webx.raydaftYaTP... > Hello ALL, > > I'm new with Matlab and I've being problems with the Matlab's > instalation on Windows XP Professional. When I try to execute te > setup.exe a pop-up appear on my screen with this message: "There is > not enough space on the C: drive to comp...

Request for space-time coding (block, trellis, turbo trellis, BLAST) MATLAB m-files
Hi, I'm studying the performance of various space-time codes in MIMO systems (block codes, trellis codes, turbo trellis codes, VBLAST, D-BLAST). I need some MATLAB m-files about this. thanks, BITA I'm studying the performance of powerful sports cars and I need a Porche, a Ferrari and a Maserati. Plz e-mail me if you have these available. thanks Murphy. ...

FAQ 5.22 All I want to do is append a small amount of text to the end of a file. Do I still have to use locking? #6
This is an excerpt from the latest version perlfaq5.pod, which comes with the standard Perl distribution. These postings aim to reduce the number of repeated questions as well as allow the community to review and update the answers. The latest version of the complete perlfaq is at http://faq.perl.org . -------------------------------------------------------------------- 5.22: All I want to do is append a small amount of text to the end of a file. Do I still have to use locking? If you are on a system that correctly implements flock() and you use the example appending code from "perldoc -f flock" everything will be OK even if the OS you are on doesn't implement append mode correctly (if such a system exists.) So if you are happy to restrict yourself to OSs that implement flock() (and that's not really much of a restriction) then that is what you should do. If you know you are only going to use a system that does correctly implement appending (i.e. not Win32) then you can omit the seek() from the code in the previous answer. If you know you are only writing code to run on an OS and filesystem that does implement append mode correctly (a local filesystem on a modern Unix for example), and you keep the file in block-buffered mode and you write less than one buffer-full of output between each manual flushing of the buffer then each bufferload is almost guaranteed to be written to the end of the fi...

FAQ 5.5 How can I copy a file? #6
This is an excerpt from the latest version perlfaq5.pod, which comes with the standard Perl distribution. These postings aim to reduce the number of repeated questions as well as allow the community to review and update the answers. The latest version of the complete perlfaq is at http://faq.perl.org . -------------------------------------------------------------------- 5.5: How can I copy a file? (contributed by brian d foy) Use the File::Copy module. It comes with Perl and can do a true copy across file systems, and it does its magic in a portable fashion. use File::Copy; copy( $original, $new_copy ) or die "Copy failed: $!"; If you can't use File::Copy, you'll have to do the work yourself: open the original file, open the destination file, then print to the destination file as you read the original. -------------------------------------------------------------------- The perlfaq-workers, a group of volunteers, maintain the perlfaq. They are not necessarily experts in every domain where Perl might show up, so please include as much information as possible and relevant in any corrections. The perlfaq-workers also don't have access to every operating system or platform, so please include relevant details for corrections to examples that do not work on particular platforms. Working code is greatly appreciated. If you'd like to help maintain the perlfaq, see the details in perlfaq.pod. --...

Can I atomically include files to the ctf file of the Matlab compiler?
Hi, My problem: I've a function myHelperFcn.m which needs myData.mat and myImage.jpg at runtime. I can include the needed files with the -a option of the mcc command, like this: mcc -m myFcn.m –a myData.mat -a myImage.jpg But I'm searching for a mechanism like the function pragma (%#function myCallbackFcn) for non m-files, which atomically includes the needed files to the ctf file. thanks, Martin ...

RE: KRB5 1.5 or 1.6 compiled on AIX 5.2/5.3 #6
Wasn't really the solution I came up with; but it worked. You might be correct since now the OpenSSL binaries will not build against the Kerberos libraries currently. libssl and libcrypto build fine along with everything else; but the actual openssl binary fails. Phil, Have you successfully linked OpenSSL with the new Kerberos libraries ? Thanks, Lamar -----Original Message----- From: Sam Hartman [mailto:hartmans@mit.edu] Sent: Friday, February 09, 2007 10:18 AM To: Saxon, Lamar Cc: pgp@psu.edu; kerberos@MIT.EDU Subject: Re: KRB5 1.5 or 1.6 compiled on AIX 5.2/5.3 Do you really want rtl as a linker flag? Isn't that going to be an issue for people linking against the kerberos libraries. Why is that the right solution? Privileged and Confidential. This e-mail, and any attachments there to, is intended only for use by the addressee(s) named herein and may contain privileged or confidential information. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify me immediately by a return e-mail and delete this e-mail. You are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail and/or any attachments thereto, is strictly prohibited. ________________________________________________ Kerberos mailing list Kerberos@mit.edu https://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/kerberos ...

Need help for a matlab mini project

FAQ 5.22 All I want to do is append a small amount of text to the end of a file. Do I still have to use locking? #5
[...]

reformat dat file in matlab
Hello all , I have a .dat file containing binary data.Every line in file has 16 bits but I want to read 40 bits at a time until the end of file. How can I do that? Could you provide me some guidelines? Thank you, Sanjeeb "Sanjeeb palikhel" <int89835@stud.uni-stuttgart.de> wrote in message <ndgf7r$fjs$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > Hello all , > > I have a .dat file containing binary data.Every line in file has 16 bits but I want to read 40 bits at a time until the end of file. How can I do that? Could you provide me some guidelines? > > Thank you, > > Sanjeeb content of file is like: 0000000000000000 0000001000001000 0000000000000001 1111110111110111 1111111111111101 0000001000001000 0000000000000011 1111110111110111 1111111111111011 0000001000001000 0000000000000101 1111110111110111 1111111111111000 and i want o format them as: 0000000000000000000000100000100000000000 0000000111111101111101111111111111111101 0000001000001000000000000000001111111101 and so on ...

Web resources about - Matlab 2011b hangs 5-6 seconds after running small m-files - comp.soft-sys.matlab

Second Gear
Second Gear creates beautiful iPhone and iPad applications, including Elements for storing your writing and notes on Dropbox.

Second Intermediate Period of Egypt - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Apparently, she had no heirs, causing the twelfth dynasty to come to a sudden end as did the Golden Age of the Middle Kingdom, which was succeeded ...

Instagram rolling out longer 60-second videos + multi-clip support on iOS
... viewership on Instagram videos has increased by more than 40 percent in the last six months, Instagram today will begin rolling out 60-second ...

What’s Possible: How To Get Business In 30 Seconds Or Less
Maybe you dread making "cold calls" but it's far easier than you think to turn "cold" conversations into warm ones, according to columnist David ...

JUSTICE CLARENCE THOMAS: Why are Americans' Second Amendment Rights So Easily Ripped Away?
... again, but I think you could limit the manner and means by which…” Justice Thomas: “So how is that different from suspending your Second Amendment ...

Dead Meadow sold out Brooklyn show, add second night with Creepoid
Long-running psych rockers Dead Meadow recently announced a tour that includes NYC on May 13 at Saint Vitus. That show since sold out, but now ...

Instagram will now let you make 60 second videos
Instagram will now let regular users create 60 second videos. Previously, you could only post 30 second clips. This follows Instagram's decision ...

LEGO Batman Gets a Second Movie Trailer
... first trailer dropped late last week . Apparently, Lego Batman is also social media savvy — he’s keeping the hype train rolling with the second ...

3 reasons why Instagram has 60-second vids
Instagram users can now post videos of up to a minute in length as the Facebook-owned social service looks to lure in advertisers.

Say It Ain’t So, Luke: “Star Wars'” Mark Hamill Attacks Second Amendment With Snarky “Right to Own a ...
Say It Ain’t So, Luke: “Star Wars'” Mark Hamill Attacks Second Amendment With Snarky “Right to Own a Musket” Tweet