matlab 32 bit operation 64 bit operation caculation precision

Hi

I run matlab programme seperately in 32 bit windows xp operation and 64 bit windows 7 operation ,but find that result is difference.  The programme uses fmincon function .In 32 bit ,It can get optimization result ,but in 64 bit , a error occures as follows . I trace caculation process ,and find that It is causes by multiplication
difference .
??? Error using ==> svd
Input to SVD must not contain NaN or Inf.

Error in ==> pinv at 29
   [U,S,V] = svd(A,0);

First ,What's the reason of the difference. I wonder that maybe it is caused by  digit lenght in bit 32 and bit 64.But I'm not sure.

Second, How can I do to get the same result in bit32 and 64 bit . Do I need to control digit length in bit 64 operation .

Thanks

Thanks
0
Feng

"Feng " <shi01fg@163.com> wrote in message <j4ee4l$smt$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> Hi
>
> I run matlab programme seperately in 32 bit windows xp operation and 64 bit windows 7 operation ,but find that result is difference.  The programme uses fmincon function .In 32 bit ,It can get optimization result ,but in 64 bit , a error occures as follows . I trace caculation process ,and find that It is causes by multiplication
> difference .
> ??? Error using ==> svd
> Input to SVD must not contain NaN or Inf.
>
> Error in ==> pinv at 29
>    [U,S,V] = svd(A,0);
>
> First ,What's the reason of the difference. I wonder that maybe it is caused by  digit lenght in bit 32 and bit 64.But I'm not sure.
>
> Second, How can I do to get the same result in bit32 and 64 bit . Do I need to control digit length in bit 64 operation .

The 32/64 OS has little to do with "precision" issue. 64-bit can access to larger memory that's the main thing.

The error is due simply because the two computers / two Matlab versions never ever warranty for identical numerical results. If you feed an unstable algorithms or that are not bullet-proof to out of bound arguments, then you might get such error.

Bruno
0
b.luong5955 (6401)

32-bit Matlab on 64-bit Linux
Hi, I've some mex code(compiled by somebody else on 32-bit machines) but I currently have a 64-bit version of Matlab installed on 64-bit ubuntu. I saw this suggestion from somebody- http://www.mathworks.cn/matlabcentral/newsreader/view_thread/100595 "The fix (since you can't recompile the .mex files) is to run the x86 version of Matlab, which you can install alongside the native x86_64 version. Once you've done that, whenever you need to run your .mexglx files, start Matlab with 'matlab -glnx86'." So I decided to search if this was actually possible and I found two threads from mathworks.com which I personally believe contradict each other with their answers- http://www.mathworks.com/support/solutions/en/data/1-O7POO/ http://www.mathworks.com/support/solutions/en/data/1-1CAT7/ So my question is whether 32-bit matlab can be installed on a 64bit machine ? Thanks On Sep 29, 1:09=A0pm, "Gautam " <gautam.iiith...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > I've some mex code(compiled by somebody else on 32-bit machines) but I cu= rrently have a 64-bit version of Matlab installed on 64-bit ubuntu. > > I saw this suggestion from somebody-http://www.mathworks.cn/matlabcentral= /newsreader/view_thread/100595 > "The fix (since you can't recompile the .mex files) is to run the x86 ver= sion of Matlab, which you can install alongside the native x86_64 version. = Once you've done that, whenever you need to run your .m...

32 bit compiler on Matlab 64 bit
Can you install a 32 bit compiler on 64 bit Matlab? I need to deploy compiled code on a 64 bit machine using 64 bit Matlab to a 32 bit machine. Is there any way I can do this WITHOUT installing 32 bit Matlab on my 64 bit computer? Thanks, Saba "Saba El-Hilo" <selhilo@sfu.ca> wrote in message <j7np4m$mae$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > Can you install a 32 bit compiler on 64 bit Matlab? > I need to deploy compiled code on a 64 bit machine using 64 bit Matlab to a 32 bit machine. Is there any way I can do this WITHOUT installing 32 bit Matlab on my 64 bit computer? The last time I check: No you still can't. Bruno ...

Can ActiveX server on 64-bit MATLAB open a 32-bit app?
Hello, Does anybody know if the ActiveX server of 64-bit MATLAB can open a 32-bit application running on a 64-bit Windows 7? It looks like I lost this capability after upgrading to 64-bit machine... Thank you! Did you find the solution? As per http://www.mathworks.com/products/matlab/preparing-for-64-bit-windows.html it cannot. Phil. ...

Where is Matlab executable for 32 and 64 bit?
Basic question here: I downloaded R2011b in both the 64 and 32 bit versions (need 32 bit for opendap and OrcaFlex). I want to run the 32- bit version as part of a Windows scheduled task, so I need the full path name to the Matlab executable. Is the following correct: C:\Program Files\MATLAB\R2011b\bin\matlab.exe - This is the 32- bit version C:\Program Files (x86)\MATLAB\R2011b\bin - This is the 64-bit version ke <kateedwards11@hotmail.com> wrote in message <dcc968f6-95eb-4fdf-8932-8a16ecdf34c9@d4g2000yqk.googlegroups.com>... > Basic question here: I downloaded R2011b in both the 64 and 32 bit > versions (need 32 bit for opendap and OrcaFlex). I want to run the 32- > bit version as part of a Windows scheduled task, so I need the full > path name to the Matlab executable. Is the following correct: > C:\Program Files\MATLAB\R2011b\bin\matlab.exe - This is the 32- > bit version > C:\Program Files (x86)\MATLAB\R2011b\bin - This is the 64-bit > version You have it backwards. x86 is 32bit. ...

64-bit with 32-bit
This may be off topic I have Access 2010 32-bit installed on a Windows 7 64-bit computer. I am writing a dot net add-on for SolidWorks EPDM that will get data from a MDB. It requires the 64-bit "Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0 driver which is available from the download site. The installer requires that all Office 32-bit applications be uninstalled before installing the 64-bit driver. Will I be able to re-install the 32-bit version of Access? If so will the 2 version behave? ...

32-bit or 64-bit
hi, i have two questions: 1) how do i know my processor is 32-bit or 64-bit? 2) Which version of aix (32-bit or 64-bit) running on my system? is there a command equalent of isainfo on solaris? Thanking you, regards, kiran hi, KIRAN MN wrote: > hi, > > i have two questions: > > 1) how do i know my processor is 32-bit or 64-bit? lsconf bootinfo -y (not sure about is this is proc or kernel) lsattr -El proc0 > 2) Which version of aix (32-bit or 64-bit) running on my system? ls -la / unix -> /usr/lib/boot/unix_64 --> means 64 Bit-Kernel > > is there a command equalent of isainfo on solaris? > > Thanking you, > regards, > kiran regards Volker man bootinfo "KIRAN MN" <kiranmn@my-deja.com> schreef in bericht news:439b2f2e.0310130720.3259b751@posting.google.com... > hi, > > i have two questions: > > 1) how do i know my processor is 32-bit or 64-bit? > > 2) Which version of aix (32-bit or 64-bit) running on my system? > > is there a command equalent of isainfo on solaris? > > Thanking you, > regards, > kiran You should use: 1. bootinfo -y for architecture 2. bootinfo -K for enabled kernel "KIRAN MN" <kiranmn@my-deja.com> wrote in message news:439b2f2e.0310130720.3259b751@posting.google.com... > hi, > > i have two questions: > > 1) how do i know my processor is 32-bit or 64-bit? > > 2) Which version of aix (32-bit or...

Multithreading: Different in 64 and 32 Bit Versions of Matlab?
Dear all, I just upgraded to a Windows 7 64 bit box, multicore, 6GB. I installed the 32 bit as well as the 64 bit version of Matlab 2008b (I'm currently stuck with this version). I checked that both versions are actually able to use multithreading using the following code, which led to the use of 4 cores: a = rand(40000,1); for k=1:20000; b=log(a); end Now I let my real world code (pure Matlab) run on both versions: 1.) The 64 bit version make much less use of multithreading. The exact same code runs in the 32 Bit Matlab on 4 cores, and on the 64 bit Matlab only on 1 core. 2.) For some reason, there is not that much of a speed difference. Both Matlab versions take about the same amount of time running that code. The code is complex and it's hard to provide a good minimized example illustrating these effects. But for example, I'm using fmincon, which should gain a lot from multithreading since the computation of the derivatives can be computed in parallel, does not get much slower on the 64 bit Matlab, although it just uses one core. This also holds similarly for other functions I use, for example lsqnonlin. What is going on here? Can somebody tell me more about this behavior? Thanks in advance... What is going on here? I'm having a very similar problem. The 64 bit version of Matlab uses less cores than the 32 Bit version. PS: Matlab 2009a, Parallel Computing Toolkit is NOT installed Dear Holger, > But for example, I...

What is the best way to import Excel files, with stock data, into Matlab? I’m using Matlab R2010b (64-bit)
What is the best way to import Excel files, with stock data, into Matlab? I’m using Matlab R2010b (64-bit) I’m trying to import historical prices of stock data. Matlab keeps cutting off the header of each column; it gives me only values. I am thinking that this is a data-type-mixing-issue, or whatever it’s called. I have ‘Dates’ in ColumnA, and ‘MSFT’, ‘PWER’, ‘KO’, and ‘SBUX’, in ColumnB-ColumnE. Basically, if I put the Excel file in my Matlab folder and double-click the file, I see the values in a matrix (no dates and no headers), I hit ‘Next’. Then, I see only one option; one radio button is enabled – ‘Create variable matching preview’. The other two options, ‘Create vectors from each column using column names’ and ‘Create vectors from each row using row names’ – both are greyed out. I’ve seen videos, on YouTube and on the Matlab site, where people import excel data and these options are NOT greyed out. No matter what I do, there options are ALWAYS greyed out. The problem is, when I click ‘Finish’ in my ‘Workspace’ I have a variable named ‘data’ all values in a 575x4 matrix, but I have NO DATES and I have NO HEADERS on the columns. All of this seems to go into another variable, called ‘textdata’; all dates and headers ate in textdata. This is VERY inconvenient. I’m trying to analyze some stock data and I have no headers, so I have no idea which stock is which (I can figure it out, but I think Matlab should do this for me). Also, I have no dates corresponding to ...

64 bit - Windows Liberty 64bit, Windows Limited Edition 64 Bit, Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Developer Edition 64 Bit, IBM DB2 64 bit
64 bit - Windows Liberty 64bit, Windows Limited Edition 64 Bit, Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Developer Edition 64 Bit, IBM DB2 64 bit - new ! Windows Liberty 64bit 8403 Windows Limited Edition 64 Bit Edition 8764 Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Developer Edition 64 Bit 12 000 IBM DB2 UNIVERSAL CONNECT ENTERPRISE EDITION V8.1.2 64BIT 12 211 IBM DB2 Administration Client V8.1.2 64bit W3KSERVER 12 266 IBM DB2 UDB Enterprise Server Edition V8.1.2 64Bit W3KSERVER 12 284 IBM DB2 Connect Applic Server Edition V8.1.2 64bit W3KSERVER 12 392 IBM DB2 Spatial Extender v8.1 64Bit Multilanguage 12 610 If you have Googled your butt off, and haven't come up with anything ...., and for 14,000 more reasons, please send e-mail, tel4@ath.forthnet.gr, tel2003@pathfinder.gr, astra35@pathfinder.gr, TEL wrote: > 64 bit - Windows Liberty 64bit, Windows Limited Edition 64 Bit, > Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Developer Edition 64 Bit, IBM DB2 64 bit - > new ! > > Windows Liberty 64bit 8403 > > Windows Limited Edition 64 Bit Edition 8764 > > Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Developer Edition 64 Bit 12 000 > > IBM DB2 UNIVERSAL CONNECT ENTERPRISE EDITION V8.1.2 64BIT 12 211 > > IBM DB2 Administration Client V8.1.2 64bit W3KSERVER 12 266 > > IBM DB2 UD...

C++ Mex file crashes matlab on 64bit linux, but not 32 bit windows, but program runs fine outside Matlab
Hello, I have written a mex gateway function to a C++ class. If I compile this mex function on 32Bit windows using R2008a I have no problems. If I compile and run on Matlab R2011a running 64bit Scientific Linux (a version of Red Hat Enterprize Linux) matlab exits with a segfault when the mexfunction is called, although it appears to run about halfway through the program. The C++ class can be compiled and run (with a main function) outside of Matlab on both platforms with no errors. I am using Microsoft Visual C++ Express Edition on the windows machine, and gcc 4.4.5 on the Linux machine. Can anyone suggest what the cause of this might be and how I can I fix it? I am having a hard time debugging on Linux as I do not have access to a graphical debugger for use with matlab and am unfamiliar with gdb. This is compounded by the fact that the program compiles and runs fine when compiled as a standalone program. A zip file containing the code and data files necessary to reproduce the problem can be downloaded from http://www.see.ed.ac.uk/~s0237326/downloads/mexcrash.zip. This zip file contains the .m and .cpp source code, and a text file for testing (Temp.fem). The file fmehsersetup.m shows the commands I am using to compile. The file Test_mexfmesher.m runs the mexfunction with an appropriate input for testing. The mex gateway function is mexfmesher.cpp, it calls the fmesher class which is made up of the files in the fmesher directory. Below is a backtrace from the se...

How to tell if a program compiled as 32-bit or 64-bit? (Windows Vista 64)
I think I have finally gotten my Visual C++ Express 2008 to use the 64-bit compiler in the Windows 7 SDK. I THINK! But I want to make sure. I've compiled some programs with the 'target platform' set to x64 in VC Express, but how do I tell if they really compiled into AMD64 code? Thanks, Roy "Bad Roy" <AlaBadRoy@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:e1t5e51mvn3hd721l4or8l1qr2vjiff069@4ax.com... > I think I have finally gotten my Visual C++ Express 2008 to > use the 64-bit compiler in the Windows 7 SDK. I THINK! But I want to > make sure. I've compiled some programs with the 'target platform' set > to x64 in VC Express, but how do I tell if they really compiled into > AMD64 code? > if it is a long-running process, you can use CTRL-ALT-DEL to get to task manager, and see if there is a '*32' by the name (although, verify that there are some other processes which do have this, to make sure this feature is present). alternatively, one can use the CMD shell, and then dumpbin, and see what it says... or via "printf("%p\n", &foo);" or similar (x64 if you see 16 hex digits, rather than 8), not that printf generally only works in console apps though, and doesn't do anything in GUI apps (nevermind that MSVC++ may complain when accessing the C API, as MS for whatever reason thought this was a good idea...). .... > Thanks, > Roy Bad Roy wrote: > I think I have...

64-bit vs 32-bit distros
I have a 64-bit AMD Athlon 3000 system. I'm trying out a bunch of distros, and I'm wondering whether it's better to get the 64-bit version when available. I have 1 GB of memory, and don't use memory-intensive apps right now, so that's not an issue. I wonder if 64-bit is really faster (significantly) than 32-bit. But I mainly wonder if, when a distro that comes with both versions, the two are equivalent in features and stability. Is it simply a recompile of the same code? If I try a 64 bit version of Fedora, is it exactly the same as the 32-bit version? Thanks for your input. -- Marty mjf at leftcoast-usa dot com Press Enter to Exit On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 01:28:20 +0000, Marty wrote: > I have a 64-bit AMD Athlon 3000 system. I'm trying out a bunch of distros, > and I'm wondering whether it's better to get the 64-bit version when > available. I assume you have a decent sized hard drive, why not do a couple of side-by-side comparisons and let us know. > > I have 1 GB of memory, and don't use memory-intensive apps right now, so > that's not an issue. I wonder if 64-bit is really faster (significantly) > than 32-bit. But I mainly wonder if, when a distro that comes with both > versions, the two are equivalent in features and stability. Is it simply a > recompile of the same code? If I try a 64 bit version of Fedora, is it > exactly the same as the 32-bit version? > > Thanks for your inp...

AIX 5L
Wanted to know about AIX 5L so I typed 'aix' into google the first link that comes out is www.ibm.com/servers/aix - so far so good so I clicked on it and got: 403 Forbidden. You don't have permission to access /servers/aix/ on this server. gee, it's nice to be wanted ;-) anyway, since I'm here (and I can't RTFM) can anyone tell me whether aix 5L is 64 bit with some kind of 32-bit emulation for 32-bit software, or do you have a choice of installing 32 or 64 bit versions of the OS ? I have a 32-bit app currently on 4.3.3, and would like to know what are the chances of it running OK on 5L without a recompile Many thanks Andy Andy Fish wrote: >Wanted to know about AIX 5L so I typed 'aix' into google > >the first link that comes out is www.ibm.com/servers/aix - so far so good > >so I clicked on it and got: >403 Forbidden. You don't have permission to access /servers/aix/ on this >server. >gee, it's nice to be wanted ;-) > Try again - it works fine... >anyway, since I'm here (and I can't RTFM) can anyone tell me whether aix 5L >is 64 bit with some kind of 32-bit emulation for 32-bit software, or do you >have a choice of installing 32 or 64 bit versions of the OS ? > >I have a 32-bit app currently on 4.3.3, and would like to know what are the >chances of it running OK on 5L without a recompile > >Many thanks > >Andy > > Plenty of people who read the manuals s...

8714 coversion 32 bit to 64 bit
Hi, all: I have an Oracle 8170 32 bit production database on HP 11 9000/899, and want to upgrade to Oracle 8174 64 bit. I am trying to do it by two steps. 1. upgrade 8170 32 bit to 8174 32 bit by following the patch README, it is successful. 2. covert 8174 32 bit to 64 bit by following Metalink documetation "How to Migrate from a 32-bit to a 64-bit database with Java installed" (DocID 183649.1, this doc is for migrating an 8173 32-bit to 8173 64-bit). However, the problem are: (1) step 14 "creata or replace java system" was hang, (2) step 18 -- after change init.ora "_system_trig_enabled = true" the database can not be mounted. Anyone has idea how to solve this problem? Or I can use Oracle dbua to to do from 8170 32-bit to 8174 64-bit directly? Thanks in advance Willie On 28 Jan 2004 12:48:42 -0800, w2jin@hotmail.com (willie) wrote: >Hi, all: > >I have an Oracle 8170 32 bit production database on HP 11 9000/899, >and want to upgrade to Oracle 8174 64 bit. I am trying to do it by two >steps. > >1. upgrade 8170 32 bit to 8174 32 bit by following the patch README, >it is successful. > >2. covert 8174 32 bit to 64 bit by following Metalink documetation >"How to Migrate from a 32-bit to a 64-bit database with Java >installed" (DocID 183649.1, this doc is for migrating an 8173 32-bit >to 8173 64-bit). However, the problem are: > (1) step 14 "creata or replace java system"...

component versions
According to MFC documentation, when you're writing an ActiveX component and you want to define its version, you are limited to a 32-bit number. http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/vclib/html/_mfc_COleControl.3a3a.ResetVersion.asp?frame=true But when you refer to the component, each of the major and minor versions can be 32 bits long, so the component can have a 64-bit version number: http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/networking/moniker/reference/functions/cogetclassobjectfromurl.asp http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/delivery/download/overview/managing.asp#mngver_spec Anyone have a clue what's going on? TIA, Faz ...

Backup from 64 bit and restore to 32 bit
Hi. We have an oracle 10g database running on a Windows 2003 64 bit server and another oracle 10g database running on a Windows 2003 32 bit server. The databases are identical, except from the fact that the 32 bit version is used as a test server, so the data is different. We need to make the test server really identical to the production server. How can we export the data/structures from the 64 bit database to the 32 bit database? I have read some articles about backup policies and it seems that it is necessary to downgrade the 64 bit database to 32 bit. Is it the only way? Thanks, Rinaldo Ferreira Junior rinaldof@gmail.com wrote: > Hi. > > We have an oracle 10g database running on a Windows 2003 64 bit server > and another oracle 10g database running on a Windows 2003 32 bit > server. The databases are identical, except from the fact that the 32 > bit version is used as a test server, so the data is different. > > We need to make the test server really identical to the production > server. How can we export the data/structures from the 64 bit database > to the 32 bit database? I have read some articles about backup policies > and it seems that it is necessary to downgrade the 64 bit database to > 32 bit. Is it the only way? > > Thanks, > Rinaldo Ferreira Junior No. It isn't. One would ask how much sense it makes have a test system on 32 bit and a production server on 64 bit. Both upgrading the test server to 64 bit or ...

32 bits *.dll for 64 bits compiling
Hello, I use 64 bits AIX 5.3 and all programs compiled on it are compiled as 64 bits mode using xlC and I've got a *.dll library which is 32 bits mode. Is it possible to use this dll library compiling it in 64 bit mode? In other way I want to use this library adding it to code, which is compiled in 64 bits mode (xlC -q64 ...). Have any idea how to do this or maybe it is no possible? Tom tomej@tlen.pl wrote: > I use 64 bits AIX 5.3 and all programs compiled on it are compiled as > 64 bits mode using xlC and I've got a *.dll library which is 32 bits > mode. Is it possible to use this dll library compiling it in 64 bit > mode? In other way I want to use this library adding it to code, which > is compiled in 64 bits mode (xlC -q64 ...). > Have any idea how to do this or maybe it is no possible? I would copy the DLL to a Windows system and use it there. Yours, Laurenz Albe Why? ..dll files are WINDOWS Dynamic Link Library files... not AIX. tomej@tlen.pl wrote: > I use 64 bits AIX 5.3 and all programs compiled on it are compiled as > 64 bits mode using xlC and I've got a *.dll library which is 32 bits > mode. Is it possible to use this dll library compiling it in 64 bit > mode? In other way I want to use this library adding it to code, which > is compiled in 64 bits mode (xlC -q64 ...). > Have any idea how to do this or maybe it is no possible? With respect to nomenclature, a .dll (as has been pointed out) implies that it...

64 bit real
hav a look at the vi&nbsp;..can someone help me to convert the 64-bit real output to 32-bit ot to bitstream.... 64.vi: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/328973/1/64.vi Many times you can simply typecast it to the other representation. Take your DBL array, wire it to typecast, and wire e.g. an empty&nbsp;U32 array to the type input. You can also typecasrt it to a string. &nbsp; (this assumes you want big endian.) &nbsp; Can you be a bit more specific on what you need to do with the output? i am very new to labview...... what is typecast?...plz be more specific i am not too fimiliar with the terms.... i have found the type cast function in labview..but i dun know how to give the input to type??? If you don't wire the type, you'll end up with a binary string. Otherwise, you can just wire anything you want. To create e.g. an empty U32 array, do the following: - Drop an empty array container (from the array palette) on the diagram. - Place a numeric diagram constant (from the numeric palette)&nbsp;on the diagram, right-click it, and select representation...U32. - Now drop the constant into the array container and you have an empty U32 array. - Wire it to the type input. What is your LabVIEW version? Do you have more details on what you actually want to do? actually i want to convert this .wav file into bitstream.......but i was stuck at 64 bit ...thanx for the help thanx for the&nbsp;help ...it really helped ...

Determining if my *.mex64 really is 64-bit (or 32-bit)
I just compiled what I hope is a *.mex64. However, due to the hoops one has to jump through with MS C++, etc., I am wondering if there is a way to tell if, indeed, I have created a 64-bit *.mex64 executable. Thanks, --Scott "Scott " <scottlery@gmail.com> wrote in message <jnrrdu$oqd$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > I just compiled what I hope is a *.mex64. However, due to the hoops one has to jump through with MS C++, etc., I am wondering if there is a way to tell if, indeed, I have created a 64-bit *.mex64 executable. Well, you can rely on the extension. If it's *.mexw64 (note the w character), the there is no double it's 64-bit matlab dll (not 'executable'). Bruno "Bruno Luong" <b.luong@fogale.findmycountry> wrote in message <jnt6pf$mv9$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > "Scott " <scottlery@gmail.com> wrote in message <jnrrdu$oqd$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > > I just compiled what I hope is a *.mex64. However, due to the hoops one has to jump through with MS C++, etc., I am wondering if there is a way to tell if, indeed, I have created a 64-bit *.mex64 executable. > > Well, you can rely on the extension. If it's *.mexw64 (note the w character), the there is no double it's 64-bit matlab dll (not 'executable'). > > Bruno Also, using >> mexext will let you know the file name extension for the current Matlab platform you are working o...

Cannot run a 64 bit program on a 32 bit processor
Can you specify how to configure oracle 9i in 32 bit mode. Also give steps to set up Tuxedo & AIX in 32 bit mode and any other tips that may help in the setup? there is a version for AIX 4.3.3 which is 32-bit ... and really, Oracle doesn't care what kernel mode are you running as long as 64-bit extention is loaded... Harish, For Oracle 9i and your questions about setting up AIX in 32-bit mode, you may find this note from Oracle's support website useful. It tells you how to set up for 64-bit support, but you can also follow some of it to do the opposite and use it in 32-bit mode. As for Tuxedo, I only did the install once, but don't remember it asking me to install a 32-bit vs 64-bit version. I guess either you have to buy the right version, it installs the right one depending on the system, or it can operate on either setup. I know my TUXCONFIG does not have a value that has to be set to 64 or 32, but then again we are still on Tux 6.5. ========================= Excerpt from metalink.oracle.com ========================= Oracle9i - AIX5L Installation Tips ---------------------------------- 1. Install AIX v5.2 at ML01 [or later] and PTFs for HIPER (High-Impact, PERvasive) APARs. If the customer is not ready to use AIX v5.2 and must stay on AIX v5.1, install AIX v5.1 at ML03 [or later]. To get a list of HIPER APARs, please visit: https://techsupport.services.ibm.com/server/aix.CAPARdb . Enter Yes in the box at the top of the window . ...

32-bit or 64-bit in AIX 5.3?
whats the command to tell if the AIX 5.3 is 32-bit or 64-bit? I tried oslevel and it says 5.3.0.0 thanks. Steve <javacc2@gmail.com> wrote: > whats the command to tell if the AIX 5.3 is 32-bit or 64-bit? I tried > oslevel and it says 5.3.0.0 bootinfo -K Regards, Gregory Gregory Young wrote: > Steve <javacc2@gmail.com> wrote: >> whats the command to tell if the AIX 5.3 is 32-bit or 64-bit? I tried >> oslevel and it says 5.3.0.0 > > bootinfo -K Officially, on current levels, prtconf. And, FYI, you'll want to become familiar with lslpp. ...

running 64 bits apps on 32 bits hardware
Is it possible at all on AIX 4.3.3 if I install the bos.64bit extension? What if I upgrade to AIX 5 without changing the hardware? "Jacques-Henri" <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:<bpt44t$rnk$1@s1.read.news.oleane.net>... > Is it possible at all on AIX 4.3.3 if I install the bos.64bit extension? > What if I upgrade to AIX 5 without changing the hardware? If you enable bos.64bit, you should not have a problem. Jacques-Henri wrote: > Is it possible at all on AIX 4.3.3 if I install the bos.64bit extension? > What if I upgrade to AIX 5 without changing the hardware? > Nope. You must have a 64-bit CPU to run 64-bit code. AIX version doesn't matter. -- Jason ...

primary 64-bit with a logical 32-bit standby?
I want to know if this is possible for cost concerns. Is it possible to have a 64-bit primary instance with a logical standby that is 32- bit? Pete wrote: > I want to know if this is possible for cost concerns. Is it possible > to have a 64-bit primary instance with a logical standby that is 32- > bit? What is the difference in cost? You probably can't find a 32bit server motherboard anymore. The operating system is free: Linux. And Oracle certainly doesn't charge by the bit. -- Daniel A. Morgan Oracle Ace Director & Instructor University of Washington damorgan@x.washington.edu (replace x with u to respond) Puget Sound Oracle Users Group www.psoug.org On Mar 3, 3:49 pm, DA Morgan <damor...@psoug.org> wrote: > Pete wrote: > > I want to know if this is possible for cost concerns. Is it possible > > to have a 64-bit primary instance with a logical standby that is 32- > > bit? > > What is the difference in cost? You probably can't find a 32bit > server motherboard anymore. The operating system is free: Linux. > And Oracle certainly doesn't charge by the bit. > -- > Daniel A. Morgan > Oracle Ace Director & Instructor > University of Washington > damor...@x.washington.edu (replace x with u to respond) > Puget Sound Oracle Users Groupwww.psoug.org cost, meaning what it would cost to upgrade my current environment. i have 1 box which is 64-bit ready, and 2 physical standby's that...

Linking 32-bit and 64 bit oracle library
Hi , I am creating two libraries using Pro*c , one which uses Oracle client 8.0.5 and the other uses Oracle 10.2.0.1.0(In their own environment) . The 8.0.5 library is a 32 bit , and 10g's library is 64 bit library(uses -xarch=v9 flag while compiling) when I include these libraries as USRLIBS I get errors like : ld: fatal: file pro_10.o: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64 Is there any way to convery the 32 bit library to 64 or vice versa ? Thanks ! abhi147@gmail.com wrote: > I am creating two libraries using Pro*c , one which uses Oracle > client 8.0.5 and the other uses Oracle 10.2.0.1.0(In their own > environment) . The 8.0.5 library is a 32 bit , and 10g's library is 64 > bit library(uses -xarch=v9 flag while compiling) > > when I include these libraries as USRLIBS I get errors like : > > ld: fatal: file pro_10.o: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64 > > Is there any way to convery the 32 bit library to 64 or vice versa ? Let me get that right: You're writing a C program that should run against an 8 and a 10g server? And you want to encapsule the Oracle stuff in a shared library, and depending on which database you want to access you're repacing the shared library? Yours, Laurenz Albe abhi147@gmail.com wrote: > Hi , > > I am creating two libraries using Pro*c , one which uses Oracle > client 8.0.5 and the other uses Oracle 10.2.0.1.0(In their own > environment) . The 8.0.5 library is a 32 bit , and 10g&...

Web resources about - matlab 32 bit operation 64 bit operation caculation precision - comp.soft-sys.matlab

Statistical Modeling, Causal Inference, and Social Science
... of why defaults matter a lot. I got an email of Evan Cooch forward by Matt , saying that there exists a trick to speed up R matrix caculation. ...

The History of Computer Role-Playing Games Part 1: The Early Years (1980-1983)
Welcome, brave adventurer, to the first of my in-depth feature articles exploring the history of our favorite computer game genre: The Computer ...

Bricolage: Memoization
Caching is a useful general technique that sometimes makes programs run faster. Itdoes this by exchanging space for time: Caching tries to save ...

Mikrocodesimulator MikroSim 2010 - ... the ultimate CPU-Simulation Program
The Mikrocodesimulator is a Windows compatible application, on which microprocessor functionality can be simulated didactially. The user is able ...

Guides, Information, and Brochures
Skip to main content - Skip to footer Federal Transit Administration CONNECT WITH FTA News Public Affairs Contacts News Releases» News Release ...

WPA crackable in fifteen minutes
WPA crackable in fifteen minutes. A pair of security researchers are to give a presentation at PacSec this week demonstrating a method of cracking ...

The History of Computer Role-Playing Games Part 1: The Early Years (1980-1983)
Welcome, brave adventurer, to the first of my in-depth feature articles exploring the history of our favorite computer game genre: The Computer ...

Forms and Accessibility