Matlab 5 vs Matlab 6

Are there any significant difference/s between Matlab 5 and 6?
comp.soft-sys.matlab 211266 articles. 13 followers. lunamoonmoon (258) is leader. Post Follow

In article <ef0b5a4.-1@webx.raydaftYaTP>,
 "Timothy Ramos" <teej_ramos@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Are there any significant difference/s between Matlab 5 and 6?

Yes.
0
woodchips (7943)

http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk_r13/help/base/relnotes/matlab/rn.html

--
Brad Phelan
http://xtargets.com
Timothy Ramos <teej_ramos@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Are there any significant difference/s between Matlab 5 and 6?

As others have said, yes there are.  Two that spring to my mind are that
MATLAB 6 has Java embedded much more deeply than MATLAB 5, and that
(somewhat as a consequence) MATLAB 6 is only available in 32 bit versions,
whereas MATLAB 5.3 has 64 bit versions for several flavours of UNIX.

If you gave us more background information, perhaps we could give some more
appropriate answers.

--
Dr Tristram J. Scott
Energy Consultant