Matlab 6 Student Version 12 w/Simulink [Windows - Linux] ACCESS problem ?

I purchased this copy from a university bookstore in California and the
bookstore employee, as an inducement to purchase, indicated that the
necessary permanent password would be forthcoming. He never provided it.

In short I was deceived and defrauded and now have an unusable copy of
Matlab.

How may I resolve this dilemma ?

Appreciatively,

C.Thomas

0
ccthomas (1)

"Courtney Thomas" <ccthomas@joimail.com> wrote in message
>I purchased this copy from a university bookstore in California and the
> bookstore employee, as an inducement to purchase, indicated that the
> necessary permanent password would be forthcoming. He never provided it.
>
> In short I was deceived and defrauded and now have an unusable copy of
> Matlab.
>
> How may I resolve this dilemma ?

The Student Version of MATLAB shouldn't need a password -- the bookstore
employee was probably thinking of the professional version of MATLAB, which
does require a passcode or a license file.  Chapter 2 of the Learning MATLAB
6 manual, which should have been included in the box, discusses how to
install the Student Version.  As long as you follow the instructions in that
chapter and have your documentation CD in the drive when you start MATLAB,
it should work.  There is one issue that you may run into if your machine
has a Pentium 4 -- see section 27 of this document for instructions on how
to avoid this issue.

http://www.mathworks.com/support/tech-notes/1300/1315.html

--
Steve Lord
slord@mathworks.com

0
slord (13689)

can Matlab support 32-bit matlab version scripts on 64-bit version of matlab
can Matlab support 32-bit matlab version scripts on 64-bit version of matlab in windows platform?.if yes , how is the performance better ? please do answer this question thank u "Gangamma " <gangvsng@gmail.com> wrote in message <hvmr7h$sn0$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > can Matlab support 32-bit matlab version scripts on 64-bit version of matlab in windows platform?.if yes , how is the performance better ? Yes, Matlab program written in 32/64 bits are compatible accepted MEX file. 64-bit version can handle larger array but does *NOT* improve speed. Br...

can Matlab support 32-bit matlab version scripts on 64-bit version of matlab #2
can Matlab support 32-bit matlab version scripts on 64-bit version of matlab in windows platform?.if yes , how is the performance better ? please do answer this question thank u ...

simulink problem with MatLab 6.5
Hi, I installed Matlab 6.5 in my system.when i click simulink button on mail window i am getting fallowing error ============================================================================== License Manager Error -5. Cannot find a license for SIMULINK. Make sure your license file is correct. No such feature exists Feature: SIMULINK License path: C:\MATLAB6p5\bin\win32\license.dat;C:\MATLAB6p5\bin\win32 - \*.lic FLEXlm error: -5,357 For further information, refer to the FLEXlm End User Manual, available at "www.globetrotter.com". For more information, se...

some problems of codes of MATLAB 7.0 working on MATLAB 6.5
I have used MATLAB for few hours.So I don't know the differences between version 6.5 and 7.0.I want to use some codes of MATLAB 7.0, but they doesn't work in MATLAB 6.5.How to change these codes so that they can work in matlab 6.5.Waiting for your help. Thank you . The codes are like this .I think changing the function findPI may work ,but I don'y know how % PIfun.m % Evaluate a function used to find the PI-line, using Kyle Champley's % method. % % Adam Wunderlich % last update: 5/18/06 function y = PIfun(r,R,h,gamma,x3,sb) temp = R - r*cos(gamma-sb); y = h*((pi - 2*atan(r*sin(gamma-sb)/temp))*(1 + (r^2 - R^2)/ (2*R*temp)) ... + sb) - x3; % find_PI_Line.m % % Find the the parametric interval corresponding to the unique PI-line % passing through the point x for a given helical pitch. % This code implements the method of Kyle Champley. % inputs: P = pitch (cm/turn), R = helix radius, delta_s = s stepsize, x % output: PI = [sb st] % % Adam Wunderlich % last update: 5/18/06 function [PI] = findPI(P,R,delta_s,x) h = P/(2*pi); r = sqrt(x(1)^2+x(2)^2); gamma = atan2(x(2),x(1)); options = optimset('TolX',h*delta_s/100,'FunValCheck','on'); [sb,fval,exitflag] = fzero(@(sb) PIfun(r,R,h,gamma,x(3),sb),... [(x(3)-h*pi)/h,x(3)/h],options); if exitflag ~=1, disp('Error: PI invalid'); end % note that beta=sb in Kyle's formula alphaX = atan(r*sin(gamma-sb)/(R - r*cos(gamma-sb))); st = sb + pi -...

Problems for use MATLAB 7 or 6 in Windows XP
Hello everybody!!!, I hope you could help me, I installed Matlab 7 in Windows Xp, but in that moment when I tried to use the command window or edit some program, Matlab closed by itself. On the other hand, later I installed Matlab 6, I could use the command window or edit some program, but I could not run any program... Do you have any idea for solving my problem???, I�d appreciate your help. Thanks alot. ...

Matlab R14 Student Version install problem on Debian Sarge
Hello, I've been running my fresh out-of-the-box Matlab student version on my G3-iBook for a while now and wanted to install it on my PC-Desktop yesterday, since some plots were getting sluggish to work with. It Says Matlab 7SP1, if you need a clue as to which Matlab I got here. The PC is a sufficiently hardware-equipped System running Debian Sarge (The testing branch), which means it uses Kernel 2.6.? here. I log into my X11 as root and open an xterm. When I do as the manual tells me, I get the following: " didi:~# mount /cdrom didi:~# cd /usr/local/matlab7/ didi:/usr/l...

Problems with installation with Matlab 6.5 R13 in Windows XP
Hello ALL, I'm new with Matlab and I've being problems with the Matlab's instalation on Windows XP Professional. When I try to execute te setup.exe a pop-up appear on my screen with this message: "There is not enough space on the C: drive to complete the installation. The installer needs about 7 MB of space for temporary files. You need to free some space on this drive, or change your TMP environment variable to point to a drive that has more space." My PC is a AMD Athlon XP 1900+ with 256 MB RAM and has HD with capacity to 40GB of storage. It has free 19 GB to use yet. I can't understand because the installation of this software does not happen. I need help URGENTLY to solution this question. My graduation depends this Really Thanks Best Regards, Rog�rio Carrasqueira Hi Rogerio, Check your TMP environment variable and make sure that it exists and that it points to a directory that exists and has enough space (~7Mb) to copy temporary files to. If this does not help, I would contact support (support@mathworks.com). Good luck! Sean "Rog�rio Carrasqueira" <rgcarrasqueira@superig.com.br> wrote in message news:eeed806.-1@webx.raydaftYaTP... > Hello ALL, > > I'm new with Matlab and I've being problems with the Matlab's > instalation on Windows XP Professional. When I try to execute te > setup.exe a pop-up appear on my screen with this message: "There is > not enough space on the C: drive to comp...

DV AVI Type
I am trying to capture the information of a DV AVI type 2 format video. I get the following error message when I run the following code... CODE: for k=1:step:vidInfo.NumFrames % 1. Read the frame curFrame = aviread('input.avi', k); % 2. Generate string of frame number tmp = num2str(idx); idx_string = [repmat('0', 1, (numDigit-length(tmp))), tmp]; FrameTBC=curFrame.cdata; imwrite(FrameTBC, [outFileName, idx_string, '.jpeg']); .....ETC.... And then I get the following error message: ??? Unable to locate decompressor to decompress video...

JVM problem installing Matlab 6.5 with new version of XP
I just bought a new laptot and I get this problem, somebody told me that it was maybe because of the newest version of XP: I can't succeed into installing correctly Matlab because it won't recognize my version of JVM, I keep installing the version of the CD but it always says that I don't have the correct version. I tried to run the installer manually withtout success. Could someone possibly help me! Thanx Vince Hi Vince, Here is a solution I found on our support page by searching for "jvm install": http://www.mathworks.com/support/solutions/data/27096.sh...

How to use new functions of new Matlab version in the old version of Matlab?
How to use new functions of new Matlab version in the old version of Matlab? Maybe it is not a good question but the situation is that I have got a MatlabR2008b on my laptop but the PCs of the university got only MatlabR2007b. I just want to use one particular function in the MatlabR2008b on the university machine. How can I do that? Just copy the toolbox? Or can I build the function as a .dll? Thanks! p.s: Of course I can not persuade the university to buy one MatlabR2008... I am also not the administrator; thus, I can not setup my MatlabR2008 on the university machine even I got th...

Matlab 6.5 - Student Version
Hi, I've got Matlab 6.5 - Student Version. I admit this is a minor problem, but I'm tired of waiting for the documenatation CD to spin up and load a help file every time I use the Help Browser. Is it possible to put the Matlab Help Browser files on my hard drive and have the Help Browser go there instead of to the CD? If so, how? Or is this a violation of the license agreement? (Or prohibited for some other reason?) I don't care if I still have to put the documenation CD in the CD-ROM drive in order to get MATLAB to run; I just want a faster response when...

SLPS.Matlab.Simulink.To.Pspice.Interface.V.2.65.5+student version
can any one help me for this SLPS.Matlab.Simulink.To.Pspice.Interface.V.2.65.5+student version i want to call spice netlist in matlab program ...

mbuild -setup not finding visual c++.net compiler, Matlab version 6-Release 12
Hi I am using Visual studio.net 2003 as my IDE for c++.My OS is Windows XP Professional. I recently installed a copy of MATLAB version 6.0.0.88 Realease 12. I want to call a MATLAB function from my C++ code. In the MATLAB prompt , I typed mbuild -setup to generate a shared library of a sample MATLAB code. But when I typed "Y" to allow MATLAB to find installed C++ compilers, it found only the Lcc compiler. //----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- >> mbuild -setup Would you like mbuild to locate installed compilers [y]/n? y ...

MATLAB 6 to MATLAB 7 changes
I am looking for information here on the MathWorks website about the changes between MATLAB 6 and MATLAB 7. Specifically, I am looking for information about changes in the handling of .mat files. For example if I have a mat-file: example.mat located in the MATLAB current directory. In MATLAB 7 I can load this data-file into the MATLAB workspace with: >> load example And it loads fine. If I type the above load command in MATLAB 6 I get and error. Is there anything that provides the technical information for this? Thanks Dave Dave wrote: > I am looking for information here on t...

Matlab 6.5 to matlab 7
hi, i want to upgrade my Matlab 6.5 to Matlab7, will it cause any effects to the M-files that i saved before? Or do I need to uninstall the Matlab 6.5 first before installing the Matlab 7? regards, blur On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 13:03:13 +0000, Blur wrote: > hi, > i want to upgrade my Matlab 6.5 to Matlab7, will it cause any effects > to the M-files that i saved before? See http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/techdoc/rn/r14sp1_a.html for information on changes to the Matlab programming language that may affect old m-files. For the most part the changes are minor, and most ...

MATLAB version 7.5.0 error on kernel 2.6.24.5 on Slackware 12.1
Dear users, On Slackware 12, I was using MATLAB without any problem. Now I updated to Slackware 12.1, kernel 2.6.24.5...My old kernel was 2.6.21...Matlab gives the following error while startin: Warning: Initializing Handle Graphics failed in matlabrc. This indicates a potentially serious problem in your MATLAB setup, which should be resolved as soon as possible. Error detected was: MATLAB:badsubscript Attempted to access monitors(1,:); index out of bounds because size(monitors)=[0,4]. > In matlabrc at 104 Can you help me with this? Thank you in advance... Ekin Hi th...

access Windows from matlab
First of all, Thank very much for your help But I still have 2 more questions: --> I have type "system('Control netconnections')" in the commmand prompt and the window opened isn't exactly the window I need, I need the following one in which you have already choosen the connection you want,because I have to do a GUIDE in which when you select a button for example it opens the connection. Exists a way to do it?? --> When you say to write a program in C and then pass it to Matlab, I know C but how can I do a program in C in order to communicate 2 modems ?? Thanks t...

Matlab problem #12
Hi, I am totally new with matlab and I have to design a filter with specification H(e^jw) where w is -pi/2 to pi/2. I am supposed to find Ck with this filter as an even function. I don;t know where to start. Anyone with ideas? Claude Give it the old college try! The community will pick you up if you fall. Shaun ...

Problem with Matlab #6
Hi, pliz I need your help with Matlab Simulator. Every time I run a simulation (running a function) always appear the same result with a fixed parameters. I change the parameters of the function (ex. 4 y 6) but the result is the same that with others fixed (ex. 1 y 2), mean, the program don't run with my parameters. Thx. paste your code. ...

MATLAB discrete time simulation of simulink model (Control simulink simulation time from MATLAB)
I am trying to run a simulink model simulation in definite time steps from MATLAB so that I can extract data from simulink, do some caluclations and send these new data back to Simulink for further simulation from the point I left off. The process can be descirbed below: Note that total simulation time is 600 seconds. 1. Start simulation from MATLAB for 100 seconds and then pause the simulation 2. Extract all the data I need from simulink and bring into MATLAB, do some calculations to changes simulink model parameters and then pass this new calculated data back to simulink. 3. Continue the simulation where I left off (i.e. from 100 seconds) but this time in 15 second intervals, up to total simulation time end (repeating step 2 and 3 after every 15 seconds). Can someone please advise if they have done this before and what command structures they used. Thank you. True. You can "sim" to achieve this. Try "help sim" to learn details. Yi "High Voltage" <e8342lec@yahoo.com> wrote in message <gt61tq$657$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > I am trying to run a simulink model simulation in definite time steps from MATLAB so that I can extract data from simulink, do some caluclations and send these new data back to Simulink for further simulation from the point I left off. > > The process can be descirbed below: > > Note that total simulation time is 600 seconds. > > 1. Start simulation from MATLAB for 100 seconds and...

How can I execute a GUI app. done on matlab 6.5 to matlab 6.1
How can I execute a GUI app. done on matlab 6.5 to matlab 6.1 my GUI have 2 *.fig and 2 *.m and first GUI pass result to the second ...

Opening Simulink 5 models in Simulink 6, Matlab R14
Hi everybody, Not so long ago there was a post about opening matlab 7 files in v. 6.5...well, I've got a similar question except it goes pretty much the other way. Essentially, I have a certain Simulink model done in Simulink5 under Matlab 6.5 R13 on PC. Now, when I try to open this model in Simulink 6, Matlab 7, R14 on a Mac(i don't have permanent access to the latter machine, hence this thread) it does open but there are troubles running it. Specifically, in places where v6.5 is able to complete the simulation the v.7 complains about algebraic loops etc.(i can't eliminate them)...

PROBLEMS with using a 6.5 GUI on MatLab 6.1
Hi I have a strange problem with transfering a GUI programmed in MatLab 6.5.0.180913a R13 to MatLab 6.1.0.450 R 12.1 ! To transfer the GUI I had to export the figure-file as described in the MatLabHelp. Now here are used different operationsystems. On the slow, old, Windows NT PC the GUI opens and works (if you take some time). But on the new, fast Win XP PC's only a small window with the Toolbar (File Edit View ...) opens. I can't find the rest of my GUI. All of the UI Controls are listed in the Property Editor. What happend? How could I use my GUI on the fast PC ? ...

opening matlab figures in older version of matlab
hey, im using matlab 6 to open figures and I'm getting the error: "error using ==> open Unable to read MAT file C:\figs\7b.fig See FILEFORMATS for a list of known file types and the functions used to read them." i think its because I may have made the figures in matlab 7 (but im not 100% sure). is this error typical of a version mismatch of that kind? is there a way to modify the figure so that an older version of matlab can open it? matlabnoob wrote: > > > hey, > im using matlab 6 to open figures and I'm getting the error: > > "error using ==>...

Matlab on OS X vs. Matlab on Windows
I just read on the Internet the following (admittedly outdated) benchmark comparison between Matlab running on OS X and Matlab running on Windows: http://www.mit.edu/~kimo/blog/computer/matlab.html; it seems that in 2006 Matlab used to run twice as slow on OS X rather than on Windows. Does anyone have more recent information about this? I am considering whether to use OS X or Windows, and Matlab speed is one of the important criteria that I am considering. Thanks in advance for the answers. ...

Web resources about - Matlab 6 Student Version 12 w/Simulink [Windows - Linux] ACCESS problem ? - comp.soft-sys.matlab

The Smart Emergency Response System Using MATLAB and Simulink - YouTube
In the aftermath of an earthquake, every second counts for disaster victims. Imagine a system that can locate people quickly and help first responders ...

Cross Discipline Collaboration For Hybrid Design Featuring Rhapsody and Simulink
... platform, enable diverse teams to collaborate, share, review, analyze and trace designs built in IBM Rational Rhapsody and The Mathworks Simulink. ...

Simulink
The picture above looks like a standard four-wheel drive (4WD) touring car. As one looks closer, a few strange things start to pop out. Where’s ...

IAR Embedded Workbench - Skills
See top IAR Embedded Workbench professionals, groups, and related job openings.

Open Directory - Science: Math: Software: MATLAB
The MathWorks - Developers of MATLAB, Simulink and Stateflow. Offers products for data analysis, visualization, application development, simulation, ...

Embedded system - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Picture of the internals of an ADSL modem / router . A modern example of an embedded system. Labelled parts include a microprocessor (4), RAM ...

Imprint / General / Home - g.tec - Guger Technologies
... produces biosignal amplifiers, data acquisition systems, real-time processing systems and EEG Processing Software under Matlab and Simulink. ...

DSP Engineer - Jobs - CFO World - Finance & Technology
CFOworld.com.au covers accounting, risk management, taxation, technology and financial news from ASX-listed companies.

Curriculum Vitae - Stefano Meroli
Curriculum Vitae - Stefano Meroli

Springer
Virtual Reality and Animation for MATLAB® and Simulink® Users Nassim Khaled This book demonstrates the simulation and animation of physical ...