Matlab 64 bit on 32 bit server

Right now we have Matlab R2007a running on a 32 bit Linux server,
which is accessed from our 32 bit workstations.

Next week we will be adding a few workstations with 64 bit CPU's,
so I have a couple of questions:

1) Can I install the 64 bit version of Matlab on a 32 bit server
and run it from a 64 bit workstation?

If yes,

2) Can I install both 32 and 64 bit versions of Matlab on
the same server, and have the license manager handle both?
Or do I need two license managers running?

Detailed steps would be greatly appreciated.
0
scuac (1)

On Apr 10, 4:22 pm, "Joachim Stahl" <s...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Right now we have Matlab R2007a running on a 32 bit Linux server,
> which is accessed from our 32 bit workstations.
>
> Next week we will be adding a few workstations with 64 bit CPU's,
> so I have a couple of questions:
>
> 1) Can I install the 64 bit version of Matlab on a 32 bit server
> and run it from a 64 bit workstation?
>
> If yes,
>
> 2) Can I install both 32 and 64 bit versions of Matlab on
> the same server, and have the license manager handle both?
> Or do I need two license managers running?
>
> Detailed steps would be greatly appreciated.

You are describing my exact setup (except that my server is an old 32-
bit HP-UX box).  There are no complications that I remember - just
install the Linux flavour and it installs both.