matlab 64 bits for windows 7 64 bits

Hi all,

can anybody tell me which matlab versions are 64 bits??
Now I have matlab 32 bits installed on my windows 7 64 bits and I am facing problems of memory while handling big sized matrices. I saw that matlab 64 bits provides much less memory constraints regarding matrix size.

Thanks for help
0
Nefissa
3/21/2011 2:14:04 PM
comp.soft-sys.matlab 211266 articles. 19 followers. lunamoonmoon (257) is leader. Post Follow

"Nefissa " <kh2i.kh2i@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> can anybody tell me which matlab versions are 64 bits??
> Now I have matlab 32 bits installed on my windows 7 64 bits and I am
> facing problems of memory while handling big sized matrices. I saw that
> matlab 64 bits provides much less memory constraints regarding matrix
> size.

The first release of MATLAB to support Window 7 was release R2009a, and that
release is supported both on 32-bit and 64-bit Windows 7. Make sure you
install the 64-bit Windows version of MATLAB.

http://www.mathworks.com/support/sysreq/release2009a/index.html

--
Steve Lord
slord@mathworks.com

0
slord (13689)
3/21/2011 3:09:42 PM
"Steven_Lord" <slord@mathworks.com> wrote in message <im7pmi$ln2$1@fred.mathworks.com>...

> "Nefissa " <kh2i.kh2i@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hi all,
> >
> > can anybody tell me which matlab versions are 64 bits??
> > Now I have matlab 32 bits installed on my windows 7 64 bits and I am
> > facing problems of memory while handling big sized matrices. I saw that
> > matlab 64 bits provides much less memory constraints regarding matrix
> > size.
>
> The first release of MATLAB to support Window 7 was release R2009a, and that
> release is supported both on 32-bit and 64-bit Windows 7. Make sure you
> install the 64-bit Windows version of MATLAB.
>
> http://www.mathworks.com/support/sysreq/release2009a/index.html
>
> --
> Steve Lord
> slord@mathworks.com
> http://www.mathworks.com

Thanks a lot, can I understand that all the succeeding versions of R2009a are 64-bit windows compatible?
0
Nefissa
3/21/2011 4:36:05 PM

> "Steven_Lord" <slord@mathworks.com> wrote in message
> <im7pmi$ln2$1@fred.mathworks.com>...

*snip*

> Thanks a lot, can I understand that all the succeeding versions of R2009a
> are 64-bit windows compatible?

If you click on the "Previous Releases" link on the page to which I directed
you, you can see that MATLAB has been supported on some 64-bit versions of
Windows for a while. The first release on which MATLAB was officially
supported on Windows 7 was release R2009a. Looking at the current release's
system requirements, also available on that page, MATLAB is still officially
supported on a number of 64-bit versions of Windows including 64-bit Windows
7.

--
Steve Lord
slord@mathworks.com