Matlab 7: how to remove java object in Matlab?

Hi, I found that there are some GUI windows in Matlab 7

return Java objects directly instead of returnning figure handles or object
handles.

I want to delete them, but I tried "delete(handles.objJava)" where objJava
is some Java object returned by these Matlab GUI windows..., I saved it to
handles as a field... but it did not work. The error message is:

??? Invalid handle object.

Error in ==> ieMyProgram>myCallbackFcn at 162
delete(handles.objJava);

0
losemind (316)