Matlab AM question

Dear all,
         I am trying to implement a very simple version of an AM receiver in
Matlab but as I am new to this software package I seem to be getting
nowhere. So far I have searched the web and Matlab books for examples that
would help me to understand how this could be done without much success. I
now this is probably a silly thing to ask but could anyone guide me in the
right direction, i.e. links to websites, etc. or maybe provide me with a
hints. Anything would help really.

Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks

Justin.
--------
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes"
Fourth Doctor Who(Tom Baker)
Doctor Who Web Site www.doctorwho.hopto.org

"Justin Champion" <j.c.champion@staffs.ac.uk> wrote in

> Dear all,
>          I am trying to implement a very simple version of an AM
>          receiver in
> Matlab but as I am new to this software package I seem to be getting
> nowhere. So far I have searched the web and Matlab books for examples
> that would help me to understand how this could be done without much
> success. I now this is probably a silly thing to ask but could anyone
> guide me in the right direction, i.e. links to websites, etc. or maybe
> provide me with a hints. Anything would help really.
>
> Your help is much appreciated.
>
> Thanks
>

> Justin.

help hilbert
0
namdiesttocs (1203)
11/22/2004 4:12:20 PM
I am not sure I understand the reply.

Thanks,

Justin.

--------

Justin Champion wrote:

> I am not sure I understand the reply.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Justin.
>
> --

> --------
> --------
> "There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish
> sometimes"
> Fourth Doctor Who(Tom Baker)
> Doctor Who Web Site www.doctorwho.hopto.org
>

> "Scott Seidman" <namdiesttocs@mindspring.com> wrote in
message
>> "Justin Champion" <j.c.champion@staffs.ac.uk> wrote in
>>

>> > Dear all,
>> > I am trying to implement a very simple version of
an
> AM
>> > receiver in
>> > Matlab but as I am new to this software package I seem to
be
> getting
>> > nowhere. So far I have searched the web and Matlab books
for
> examples
>> > that would help me to understand how this could be done
without
> much
>> > success. I now this is probably a silly thing to ask but
could
> anyone
>> > guide me in the right direction, i.e. links to websites,
etc.
> or maybe
>> > provide me with a hints. Anything would help really.
>> >
>> > Your help is much appreciated.
>> >
>> > Thanks
>> >

>> > Justin.
>>
>> help hilbert

May be you are looking for 'dmod'function. see help dmod. see also
help amod

A. Kumar
0
akumar.elex (347)
11/23/2004 10:17:39 AM
Justin Champion wrote:

> I am not sure I understand the reply.

The abs() of the hilbert() function will return the envelope of your
signal. Which is exactly what you want if that signal is a pure
sinus, amplitude modulated.

Try it with simple signals. It does work.

How does matlab work in this issue ? a matlab principle question
Hello everyone I have an ODE solver computing the temperature every month during a year this script will do the job for j=1:12 [t,T]= ode45(@monthly_solver,tspan,Tic,[],monthly_heat(j),h2(j),); end where Tic is the intial temperature and J loops represents the months Now the question is about matlab principle and how does it work with the initial condition? i mean as the last temperature of the 1st month is the begining temperture of the 2nd month and the last temp. of the 2nd month is the begining temp. of the 3rd month and so on. Do i need to write a command to do ...

Run Matlab ... from Matlab
Hello, Is there any limitation to run Matlab from Matlab, as a system command, on Linux platforms ? I tried to start Matlab, both using the ! syntax (!matlab&) or the system command (system('matlab&')), the Matlab splash screen appears, but the new Matlab session closes rapidly . When I do the same with a script of mine (system('matlab -r "myscript"&')), my script is being executed, but Matlab finally crashes . If I remove the &, it works well, but the first Matlab session is blocked till I close the second one . I run Matlab on a Linux 64bits platform . Thanks in advance, Nicolas On 10-12-03 01:22 AM, Nicolas wrote: > Is there any limitation to run Matlab from Matlab, as a system command, > on Linux platforms ? > I tried to start Matlab, both using the ! syntax (!matlab&) or the > system command (system('matlab&')), the Matlab splash screen appears, > but the new Matlab session closes rapidly . > When I do the same with a script of mine (system('matlab -r > "myscript"&')), my script is being executed, but Matlab finally crashes . > If I remove the &, it works well, but the first Matlab session is > blocked till I close the second one . > I run Matlab on a Linux 64bits platform . It appears there is a parsing problem in the script that invokes Matlab. Here's an example of what I had to do to get around it: !matlab -r \""...

Some questions on matlab
Hi all, i am using matlab and encountered some problems. Kindly advice. 1)i am using newff function to create a neural network.After which, someone advised me to set some of the parameters ,for example, net.performFcn,net.trainParam.goal and many more. But i tried using my matlab help and search for function to llok up for what these parameters do. However, i can't find any help on these parameters. Where can i find them? 2)i intend to use the train function to train my network. In the train function, according to the help file,we can also give T(network targets) as input. Can someone ki...

Calling Compiled MATLAB from MATLAB
Hello everyone, How do I compile MATLAB M files into a form that can then be called from within the MATLAB interpreter? A roundabout way would seem to be to (somehow) Turn the matlab code into C (I think mcc does this), then compile this C code into MEX format and call that. Is there an easier way? I have the MATLAB compiler, so I just need to know what to do with it to get this to work. Thanks in advance, Sina sina.tootoonian wrote: > > > Hello everyone, > > How do I compile MATLAB M files into a form that can then be called > from within the MATLAB interpreter? A roundabout way would seem to > be > to (somehow) Turn the matlab code into C (I think mcc does this), > then > compile this C code into MEX format and call that. Is there an > easier > way? I have the MATLAB compiler, so I just need to know what to do > with > it to get this to work. > > Thanks in advance, > > Sina > > HELP MEX > HELP MEX Or, better, HELP MCC help pcode pseudo code is useful to obfuscate code - protect algorithms, yet still run at full speed and be distributable to other matlab users sina.tootoonian wrote: > > > Hello everyone, > > How do I compile MATLAB M files into a form that can then be called > from within the MATLAB interpreter? A roundabout way would seem to > be > to (somehow) Turn the matlab code into C (I think mcc does this), > then > compile this C code into MEX format and call that...

Calling Matlab in C in Matlab
Hi everybody! My problem can be described as follows. I have a tool in Matlab that requires calling an optimisation algorithm in C. This algorithm consists of several C-files, one of which contains the function to be minimised (CFUNCTION), and another is the main algorithm file (CMAIN). Now what I want to do is to call Matlab from CFUNCTION or CMAIN and specify my custom function (MFUNCTION) to be minimised. So, I'm calling Matlab from C from Matlab. I'm a newbie in C and MEX files. Should I rewrite CMAIN as a MEX file and include CFUNCTION in this and then use mxCallMATLAB? Or can...

Few matlab questions
Hello, I have this questions for you. I hope some one can help me. So I have a background image and I want to insert another image over it. A ball for example. But this ball get on top of the background and it streches to full screan. 1) How to make matlab plot a picture in its original size. I don`l want to be stretched. 2) My ball picture is a PNG file so i need not to show the transparent pixels. I used: A = imread('ball.png','BackgroundColor','none'); image(A) but it isn`t working.. 3) Can I load an animation or sound in the plot ...

Few Questions About MATLAB
Hi, was wondering if anyone could help. there are a few things i need to know about some Matlab functions 1- if Pwelch and fft are used to find the Spectral Power Density. but how come when u apply them to the same data, the graphs look different? 2- when using the sendmail function, how does Matlab make the connection and send the data? ive looked at the code that Matlab uses for "sendmail" but its very difficult to understand. if anyone could help, i would be really greatful . thanks. ...

questions on matlab
Dear Sir My name is Tusajigwe, student from Brighton University taking MSC in Digital Electronics and Communication. Now am doing a research on Wireless Communication which concern with email alert to GSM users on their cell pohones,what i want from this project is to make GSM users to receive email alert when they have got new mail and this service will be offered by GSM operator ways of achieving 1)To establish link between ISP and SMS centre,because e-mail alert will be in the form of text message and ISP is the one who knows if someone has mail after see it ISP forward to SMS centre by us...

question about Matlab
I have 2 signals with sampling freq 50Hz and different duration. a[n] = [a1 a2 a3 .... an] b[n] = [b1 b2 b3 ............................... bn] In matlab, how to find: A[z]xB[z] A[z]/B[z] Z'(A[z]/B[z]) where Z'() is the inverse Z transform. Thank you! Edw ...

Matlab plots outside Matlab
I'm making an end-user application where I would like to use Matlab functionality both for calculation and plotting. Matlabs GUI builder guide does not satisfy my needs (no support for f.ex. internal frames and other nescessities), so I'm planning to compile my Matlab code and use other API (Java, QT or something) for GUI. My problem is then, that I loose access to the neat plotting commands availible under matlab GUI... Is there a way of integrating Matlabs plot functionality into another GUI system? - has it been done? - I appreciate any response! - P�l Berge ...

Matlab how to question?
I am a student of engineer, and I am in a course that's call numeric calculus. I have to do a shore an I'm stuck in a question. I have to minimize the error of an aproximation and make a matlab program that do that, just receiving a few points in two dimensions. More clearly, I will receive a table with 20 points, like (x1,y1)(x2,y2)...(x20,y20), and with the method "ortogonal square minimus" (Something like that) I have to minimize the error of an aproximate polynomial. Some clues? I would apreciate a lot any help anyone may do. Thanks. jim In article <4025405.1180395885...

matlab in JAVA or java in MATLAB?
Hi guys I am now experencing a great difficulty in the interation between java and matlab. I have an objective function written in JAVA with has method return an numerical number, i call it 'profit'. The nature of this obtive function (ObjFun.java) is that it takes an parameter input, say C, with different C value, the returned profit value is different. Eventually I want to find the optimized C value which produce the maximun profit (C will be under constrains). Initially I want to use linprog or fminsearch in matlab. So I tried the command in matlab that excutes my ObjFun.java. But it failed because my ObjFun.java will call an external .exe file. and the file path contains spaces which is fine by Java but not matlab. I stuck here, I myself is a Java programmer not good at matlab, I can't find any thing on google about the solution to my problem. So here I propose another idea: call matlab function in JAVA. I need some advise on this. Thank you very much for a reply!!! Lemon can anyone give advice?? "Lemon F" <f.lemon.jin@hotmail.com> wrote in message <i3bag7$i96$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > can anyone give advice?? If you would not have double-posted you would have seen that you already received advice (on the other post): http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/newsreader/view_thread/288403 ...

question about matlab
i made a *.m file with de next code q=1.6e-19; Vd=-80; Eo=8.85e-14; E=11.9*Eo; Na=logspace(10,19,20); E_rup_1=20+5*log(Na/1e14)+Na/1e17; E_rup_2=sqrt((-2*q*Na*Vd)/E)*1e-4; semilogx(Na,E_rup_1,Na,E_rup_2) I have ploted in logaritimic scale the functions, "E_rup_1" and "E_rup_2" depending off Na, on the plot and for a Na value, the 2 functions are equal. How can i get the Na value? Thanks If you're trying to graphically determine at which value(s) of Na the two curves are equal, try ginput. HELP GINPUT Kyle beporo wrote: > > > i made a *.m file with de n...

question in matlab
I have been plotted a 3D counter plot via the commands [C,h]=contour3(w,p,green3,10); t = clabel(C,h,'labelspacing',72) get(t(1)) with run the comment in matlab recived this output: Annotation = [ (1 by 1) hg.Annotation array] BackgroundColor = none Color = [0 0 0] DisplayName = EdgeColor = none Editing = off Extent = [0 0 0 0] FontAngle = normal FontName = Helvetica FontSize = [10] FontUnits = points FontWeight = normal HorizontalAlignment = center LineStyle = - LineWidth = [0.5] Margin = [2] Position = [-0.661507 0.649385 -0.01794] Rotation = [290.824] String = -0...

parallel matlab
Hi all, I'm going to work on a project involving a parallel version of MATLAB - I'm aware of various efforts like MATLAB-*P and so on Right now I need to read up on some material regarding MATLAB internals eg: How are the ATLAS(or is it BLAS) routines called in MATLAB? How does MATLAB's C code store information in memory, cache'ing etc? How is one to get at those? Do you know of any suitable reference(s)/resource(s)? Thank you very much, Aravind ...

Matlab
Hello , I'm a new user in Matlab. So should you advise matlab notes , documentation please ? <azatserver113@gmail.com> wrote in message news:7b4e75e2-40c6-43bb-acc6-2553123ba649@googlegroups.com... > Hello , > > I'm a new user in Matlab. So should you advise matlab notes , > documentation please ? > At the MATLAB command prompt type this command: doc This will show the documentation included as part of your installation. I recommend reading through the Getting Started section of the MATLAB documentation first, and executing the examp...

matlab
any one please can help me sploving the following question 1________Given the causal system y[n] =3D 0.9y[n-1] + x[n], find H(z) and sketch the pole-zero plot. See the functions roots.m and zplane.m. 2___ Plot the magnitude and phase of H(z) on the frequency axis from 0 =E2=80=93 =EF=81=B0, or normalized frequency 0 - 1, and label the graphs. S= ee the freqz.m command. hani_al_yazidi@hotmail.com wrote: > any one please can help me sploving the following question > > > 1________Given the causal system > > y[n] = 0.9y[n-1] + x[n], > > find H(z) and sketch the pole-zero plot. See the functions roots.m and > zplane.m. > > 2___ Plot the magnitude and phase of H(z) on the frequency axis from 0 > – , or normalized frequency 0 - 1, and label the graphs. See the > freqz.m command. It looks like homework. State what you tried and what error messages you got and someone who knows Matlab will probably help. We try not to do homework here, but (like gods) we do help those who help themselves. Jerry -- Engineering is the art of making what you want from things you can get. ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯&...

Matlab
Hi I want to find more information about MATLAB. Thank you! ...

can Matlab support 32-bit matlab version scripts on 64-bit version of matlab
can Matlab support 32-bit matlab version scripts on 64-bit version of matlab in windows platform?.if yes , how is the performance better ? please do answer this question thank u "Gangamma " <gangvsng@gmail.com> wrote in message <hvmr7h$sn0$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > can Matlab support 32-bit matlab version scripts on 64-bit version of matlab in windows platform?.if yes , how is the performance better ? Yes, Matlab program written in 32/64 bits are compatible accepted MEX file. 64-bit version can handle larger array but does *NOT* improve speed. Br...

can Matlab support 32-bit matlab version scripts on 64-bit version of matlab #2
can Matlab support 32-bit matlab version scripts on 64-bit version of matlab in windows platform?.if yes , how is the performance better ? please do answer this question thank u ...

Matlab compiler for Matlab 5.2
I'm looking for matlab compiler for matlab 5.2 for Mac computers. I wasn't able to find anywhere because the Mathworks doesn't produce it. Do you know were I may find it? Thanks ...

Creating DLL in Matlab and using them in Matlab?
Hi, is it possible to create dll in Matlab and then using it in other Matlab apllication? I've made a simple function and put it into dll. But when I try to use this library in other apllication written in matlab it doesn't works. Any idea? -- Pozdrawiam, e-Shrek hi e-shresk, I once created a matlab dll, and called it in c code. it worked. I guess you have to check whether you dll was built correctly or not. ps. why don't u call matlab function directly? Dnia Mon, 26 Oct 2009 07:19:04 +0000 (UTC), Jun napisa�(a): > hi e-shresk, > > I once created a matlab dll, ...

Matlab comiler and simple matlab function
I am trying to create an exe from a matlab function which doubles the number you give it. matlab function: test.m function [output] = test (number) %return double the input number output = 2*number; disp(output); run matlab compiler at command line with: mcc -mv test.m with the resulting exe: test.exe However when I run it at DOS prompt: test 1 I am returned a value of 98. I thought that maybe this was some octal description of the output, but 98 oct is not 2 decimal. Some other results it returned: C:\Documents and Settings\alex\Desktop\lighttrans\Frank Work \test...

MATLAB Daemon
Hi! Is it posible to make a Daemon in MATLAB so that i can access a shared memory between MATLAB and .NET? I ask this because every method i've tryied to call MATLAB functions from .NET are really slow, mostly the call process (because i call the function about 300.000-1.000.000 times in a small time lapse. I thought that using a Daemon using shared memory between my .NET app and MATLAB would make that performance bottleneck almost dissapear. Any other ideas are really appreciated. By the way, is it posible to open a socket in MATLAB? That would be another possible solution, less performa...

Web resources about - Matlab AM question - comp.soft-sys.matlab

World Science Festival Brisbane 2016: Questions abound in learning extravaganza
Are humans on the verge of destroying our planet? Is creativity linked to insanity? And just when are we finally going to be whizzing around ...

Nico Rosberg and Formula One's biggest question ... can he beat Hamilton?
Formula one's biggest question. Can Nico Rosberg beat Lewis Hamilton?

Experts question effectiveness of Xenophon's reforms to foreign investment laws
Nick Xenophon says current foreign investment laws are as clear as mud and weak as water.

Yahoo! Board Seats ‘Perplex’ SunTrust; ‘Fiduciary Duty’ in Question
SunTrust Robinson Humphrey ’s Robert Peck this morning follows up on the announcement by Yahoo! ( YHOO ) this morning that it has appointed two ...

I assume we're dealing with burst photography, so the question is: Why choose this particular instant ...
Everyone was just talking about that wonderful photograph that Christopher Horner captured at a Pittsburgh Pirates baseball game last Saturday. ...

Florida governor kicked off 'Morning Joe' after dodging questions about Trump's latest inflammatory statement ...
Florida Gov. Rick Scott was kicked off of MSNBC's "Morning Joe" on Thursday after he refused to directly answer a question about GOP frontrunner ...

Questions linger after mom says 4-year-old son shot her in truck
Questions linger after mom says 4-year-old son shot her in truck

‘Foolish and Impractical’: Security Experts Question Trump’s Mexico Wall Proposal
Donald Trump’s proposal to build a wall along the southwest border Mexico would decrease delicate bilateral border security cooperation, set ...

Wake up Texas. Houston. It's not a question of if. The question is when.
Willful passivity and political cowardice can be a real and present danger to our lives. Few of us in the Galveston/Houston area will ever forget ...