matlab and excel conflict - cant use excel anymore

Hello all,

Immediately after I installed Matlab 6.5 on my computer, I started
having problems with Excel.  When I double click on the Excel shortcut,
I get the message "This program has performed an illegal operation and
will be shut down.  If this problem persists, contact the program
vendor.  I have no option but to reboot the machine after getting this
message.

Details:
EXCEL caused a general protection fault
in module USER.EXE at 000b:00000108.
Registers:
EAX=0002c320 CS=1737 EIP=00000108 EFLGS=00000202
EBX=00003e70 SS=1217 ESP=0000b41a EBP=0000b422
ECX=00011a97 DS=167f ESI=0002520c FS=1937
EDX=86fc0013 ES=1a97 EDI=0000ffff GS=0000
Bytes at CS:EIP:
8e c2 26 39 4d 0a 74 07 8d 44 04 8b d8 eb d7 8b
Stack dump:
3e5c0007 00000644 0059b434 c3201a97 04003e70 00001a97 b4be0000 17370c96
1a970007 0000c320 016f3e5c 00001937 05f7016f 22dbb482 05c605f7 00bd0029

I have tried uninstalling Matlab, uninstalling Microsoft Suite and
reinstalling it and various other combinations.  Nothing seems to work.
I am not able to use Excel at all.

Please help.  Thanks in advance.

0
funkid_22 (1)
5/10/2004 7:41:02 PM
comp.soft-sys.matlab 211266 articles. 13 followers. lunamoonmoon (258) is leader. Post Follow

"Fun Kid" <funkid_22@hotpop.com> wrote in message
> Hello all,
>
> Immediately after I installed Matlab 6.5 on my computer, I started
> having problems with Excel.  When I double click on the Excel shortcut,
> I get the message "This program has performed an illegal operation and
> will be shut down.  If this problem persists, contact the program
> vendor.  I have no option but to reboot the machine after getting this
> message.
>
> Details:
> EXCEL caused a general protection fault
> in module USER.EXE at 000b:00000108.
> Registers:
> EAX=0002c320 CS=1737 EIP=00000108 EFLGS=00000202
> EBX=00003e70 SS=1217 ESP=0000b41a EBP=0000b422
> ECX=00011a97 DS=167f ESI=0002520c FS=1937
> EDX=86fc0013 ES=1a97 EDI=0000ffff GS=0000
> Bytes at CS:EIP:
> 8e c2 26 39 4d 0a 74 07 8d 44 04 8b d8 eb d7 8b
> Stack dump:
> 3e5c0007 00000644 0059b434 c3201a97 04003e70 00001a97 b4be0000 17370c96
> 1a970007 0000c320 016f3e5c 00001937 05f7016f 22dbb482 05c605f7 00bd0029
>
> I have tried uninstalling Matlab, uninstalling Microsoft Suite and
> reinstalling it and various other combinations.  Nothing seems to work.
> I am not able to use Excel at all.
>
> Please help.  Thanks in advance.

You might want to also check with M$ or look at their (many) newsgroups as
well.

Using Matlab generated dll in Excel/ VBA without Excel Builder
Hi, I have Matlab Compiler but do not own Matlab builder for Excel. Is there anyway I can convert my Matlab functions to be used in Exce/VBA. I created dll using the compiler but was not able to make it usable in VBA. I get the following message: "Specified dll function not found". Obviously I am doing something wrong. Please help! I do not want to purchase Excel builder. Thanks. My "naive" method to deal with MCR and without Excel Builder has been to create stand alone applications in matlab (exe files) and invoque them in vba excell via the function Shell. For matla...

What is the best way to import Excel files, with stock data, into Matlab? I’m using Matlab R2010b (64-bit)
What is the best way to import Excel files, with stock data, into Matlab? I’m using Matlab R2010b (64-bit) I’m trying to import historical prices of stock data. Matlab keeps cutting off the header of each column; it gives me only values. I am thinking that this is a data-type-mixing-issue, or whatever it’s called. I have ‘Dates’ in ColumnA, and ‘MSFT’, ‘PWER’, ‘KO’, and ‘SBUX’, in ColumnB-ColumnE. Basically, if I put the Excel file in my Matlab folder and double-click the file, I see the values in a matrix (no dates and no headers), I hit ‘Next’. Then, I see only one option; one radio button is enabled – ‘Create variable matching preview’. The other two options, ‘Create vectors from each column using column names’ and ‘Create vectors from each row using row names’ – both are greyed out. I’ve seen videos, on YouTube and on the Matlab site, where people import excel data and these options are NOT greyed out. No matter what I do, there options are ALWAYS greyed out. The problem is, when I click ‘Finish’ in my ‘Workspace’ I have a variable named ‘data’ all values in a 575x4 matrix, but I have NO DATES and I have NO HEADERS on the columns. All of this seems to go into another variable, called ‘textdata’; all dates and headers ate in textdata. This is VERY inconvenient. I’m trying to analyze some stock data and I have no headers, so I have no idea which stock is which (I can figure it out, but I think Matlab should do this for me). Also, I have no dates corresponding to ...

consider I have simple calculator GUI.. how do I export each answer to excel in MATLAB? please help me..i already used xlswrite but it will just replace the answer in excel.. can you help me a c
Code example: a = get(handles.input1_gamma,'String'); %gamma b = get(handles.input2_h,'String'); %h c = get(handles.input3_q,'String'); %q d = get(handles.input4_power,'String'); %POWER % a and b are variables of Strings type, and need to be converted % to variables of Number type before they can be added together out = [str2num(a) * str2num(b)* str2num(c)]; e = {'Power','gamma','H','Q'; out,str2num(a),str2num(b),str2num(c)}; xlswrite('results.xls', e, 'Sheet1' , 'A1'); ...

Exporting Matlab Data to Excel and Graphing in Excel
I am trying to make a function that exports data given in matlab to a spreadsheet in excel and then plots the data in excel. I am able to export the data into the spreadsheet fine, but I can only plot the data if I have graphed previous data in the file, and it limits me to the amount I plotted previously. For example: I set up a dummy spreadsheet in excel with two different dependent variables and 10 data points each. If I export any data within that range it is fine but if I for example try to plot 3 different dependent variables and 100 data points only the first 10 data points ...

Using matlab to do modelling and curve fitting using Data from Excel Spreadsheets.
Hi, I am trying to do modelling for a custom equation. That custom equation will have serveral unknown values (to be determined) and with the data aqquired (excel format), I am trying to fit it to the curve so that those values can be determined. I tried searching for the functions to use and sort of came across the function "fminsearch", etc... As i know nuts about matlab, just figuring out how to make use of the excel data took me hours. :P Appreciate it if there is any help out there.. Cheers... ...

Using MATLAB Excel Builder
Hi everyone, I tried installing the "Function Wizard" add-in (part of Excel Builder) from Matlab folder. However, Excel gave me the following error: ActiveX component can't create object (may be a registration problem with a library you have referenced). So I'm thinking maybe this is because Excel Builder has to be purchased separately, however, in that case, why would the add-in file be included in Matlab directory? Anyway, I have no idea, did anyone encounter this before? Thanks, any suggestions are appreciated. "Tom Sawyer" <tompo@yahooNOSPAM.com> wrote ...

Using Excel in the MATLAB environment(?)
Can MATLAB access Excel programs to do calculations without the user having to go into the Excel environment? If so, how? Asher Use COM objects: <http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/techdoc/matlab_external/ch07clie.shtml#client_server_applications> You need to know/read the excel COM objects/structure/events/properties/methods in order to use this progamming model (i.e. related to Excel VBA ...etc.) Cheers.. ...

Speed of Matlab Builder for Excel vs. Excel Link?
Hi- I have some fairly involved matlab functions that I wish to make accesible in Excel. I have the Excel Link and have used MLPutMatrix, MLGetMatrix & MLEvalString to send my data from Excel into Matlab, run my functions and get the results back. This is however, rather slow. I have read a little bit about the Matlab Builder for Excel and it seems that this may be a better solution. Would using this tool be much faster than the Excel Link? How about compared to the time of running the function in the Matlab environment? On a related note, is there another way to make a Matlab funct...

Move an Excel Worksheet to another Excel Workbook with Matlab
I need to move an Excel Worksheet to a different Workbook with matlab. I am currently able to create an Excel worksheet and add data to the required cells. I want to be able to move this Worksheet to a different workbook. When I try the code, >> invoke(Activesheet.Move,'Resutls.xls') it creates a new workbook and moves the worksheet to the newly created workbook instead of 'Resutls.xls'. It also gives the error ??? One or more output arguments not assigned during call to "Move". Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks, Jared <http://www.420megs.com/users/ernai/0.htm> &#20599;&#25293; <http://www.420megs.com/users/ernai/1.htm> &#40644;&#33394;&#23567;&#35828; <http://www.420megs.com/users/ernai/2.htm> &#24773;&#33394;&#29255; <http://www.420megs.com/users/ernai/3.htm> &#25104;&#20154;&#25991;&#23398; <http://www.420megs.com/users/ernai/4.htm> &#24773;&#33394;&#32593;&#31449; <http://www.420megs.com/users/ernai/5.htm> &#35064;&#20307;&#35270;&#39057; <http://www.420megs.com/users/ernai/6.htm> &#38706;&#28857; <http://www.420megs.com/users/ernai/7.htm> &#28608;&#24773;&#29255; <http://www.420megs.com/users/ernai/8.htm> &#24615;&#25216;&#24039; <http://www.420megs.com/users/ernai/9.htm> &#25104;&#20154;&#28459;&#30011; <http://www.420megs.com/u...

from MatLab to Excel
Hi, im trying to transfer data from an Excel sheet to MatLab per SetFullMatrix and getting it back after calculations per GetFullMatrix. And when the matrix size is really big for Excel (f.e. 10000 x 100), it takes ages to transfer data back. Can somebody provide me an excel example or some idea to make it faster? i dont have excel link and excel builder thanks in advance Dmitriy There are many functions in Matlab for interfacing with Excel. But you should respect the format of the function. For example:xlsread, xlswrite, xlsfinfo, wk1read, textread, function_handle. I think you can find wh...

Using Excel template in a Matlab Program
Hi, I've been trying to solve this problem for a while now and can't seem to figure out the answer. I am creating a Matlab program to analyze data, but I need to have the results put into an Excel file with a specific format. I have created the Excel template and used xlswrite to put the data into the appropriate cells, but I can't figure out how to save the data as a new Excel file without overwriting the template. Can any of you please provide some advise. Thanks, Travis Okay so here is an update. I have managed to piece together a code that will load a templat...

Excel and MATLAB
Hi there Can anybody please help me with the following problem: I want to read a range of values from an excel spreadsheet using a MATLAB function. The user will enter two numbers, say 2 and 10, and these two numbers will form a range. Say these numbers are located in the cells C100 to C108. I would like to know how to display the numbers in those cells, given the input numbers. Thank you, Willem ...

Excel to MATLAB
Hi, I have a Matlab-programmed model. I want to link this to another software program which does not link directly to Matlab, but can exchange inputs and outputs from Excel. Is it possible that the other program gives output to Excel, which will invoke the Matlab program automatically. The output of the Matlab program will then be given back as Excel output which then transfers some data to the original program. In short, I want Excel to be linking the 2 applications. Regards, Rakib ...

Matlab Excel
You know where I can found Tutorial for use Do of Matlab build schedules for Excel? Locomotiva: <SNIP being slightly vague... > You know where I can found Tutorial for use > Do of Matlab build schedules for Excel? i'm not sure what you really want/need... these might be docs to look at <http://www.mathworks.com/support/solutions/data/1-17PWC.html?1-17PWC&BB=1> <http://www.mathworks.com/support/solutions/data/1-19BU0.html?solution=1-19BU0&BB=1> <http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/toolbox/exlink/index.html> us ...

Matlab
Hi, for reading from and writing to an Excel file, there are xlsread and xlswrite statements, respectively. Now, is it possible to delete a range in an Excel sheet? I mean, is it possible to erase existing data in a specific range? Does anybody know the trick? "Vladimir Stanojevic" <NOSPAM.v.stanojevic@imperial.ac.uk> wrote in message <fph7i2$7bd$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > Hi, > for reading from and writing to an Excel file, there are > xlsread and xlswrite statements, respectively. > > Now, is it possible to delete a range in an Excel sheet? I...

Excel/ MATLAB
How to create an on-line link between MATLAB and Excel? I want to save data generated by a MATLAB file immediately in a spreadsheet file for further analysis. How can this be achieved? Another issue: is it easy to generate an HTML document from within MATLAB? Thanks. look at: <http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/techdoc/matlab_external/matlab_external_example_index.shtml> in particular, look at the section COM/DDE apps and examples re html output: look at the report generator tbx us lucy borrelli wrote: <SNIP wants ML talk to excel and wants to create html ...

Excel/Matlab
I was viewing one of the lectures on Matlab website, about using MATLAB to analyse data in excel. However, I notice that the excel toolbar has many MATLAB functions you can call(for data importing). How do I call matlab from excel, and use some of the funtions to pick the data I want. I have searched the forum for this excel topic, but , it is very confusing and does not really hit the nail on hte head. Thank you. ...

matlab and excel
hi there, i am trying to generate an excel worksheet by runnung an m-file. the problem is that i do not know a way to stop excel from asking quiestions like "a file with the same name already exists, do you want to overwrite it?" is there a way that i can control and answer these questions in the m-file so that the user doesn't have to answer them while the code is running? thanks, M In Visual Basic the command is Application.DisplayAlerts = False ...

Problem using Excel Add-in in Matlab
Hi, I am using a VBA macro saved as an Excel Add-In and am trying to use this formula in the Excel workbook ( using xlswrite in Matlab). However, I am getting the error #NAME? I tried the following: I clicked on the yellow triangle on the left of #NAME and clicked on "Error Checking options". On the new window called Excel Options, I clicked "Excel Addin": I could see the VBA function under the "Active Application Addin" I also clicked on "Manage Excel Addin" and clicked on the checkbox VBA_Function(). However, whenever I call the function in...

How to use matlab to work a database in excel
Hi guys, I am looking to work on a school project and could use some sense of direction or ideas. The project is going to be a database that i plan to use the uigetfile function to get a pre set up spreadsheet. Then i plan to make a menu with options asking the user if they would like to enter, delete, or search the document for a entry. Do you guys have any ideas? is it really easy to set up a database using microsoft excel then have matlab interpret then data or is it best that i build the data in matlab and use xlswrite to write the data into a spreed-sheet. I am running out of tim...

Excel In Matlab
Hi, I am reading in an excel file using the command: [A, headertext] = xlsread('File.xls') My numeric values are in A and column names saved in headertext. Now I make my changes and I am trying to use xlswrite to write out the file. My question is, how to incorporate the same column names in headertext while writing out a new excel file? Thanks Suman You'll need to make a cell array containing the string/headers and the numeric data, similar to Example 2 in the doc for xlswrite. So something like, [A, headertext] = xlsread('File.xls'); newA = ..... outputMatrix = ...

Bug in Matlab Builder for Excel if == is used?
Hello, I'm trying to use a working matlab function in excel (all the Mlab builder for excel steps work). The error msg I get in Excel is: Error in model.modelclass.1_0: Function 'eq' is not defined for values of class 'cell'. It seems that this occurs when == is used. for instance in this line: delind=(Data(:,1)==0); or in for example: if a==0, b=1, end; Does anyone know how this can be solved? "Tonko Gast" <tgast@dynamiccredit.com> wrote in message news:eee1d06.-1@webx.raydaftYaTP... > Hello, > I'm trying to use a working matlab functi...

excel link with matlab using VBA
I am using VBA to take data i have from excel to send it to MatLab to perform an operation and then send it back to excel using the excel link add-in. My question is regarding the MLGetMatrix command, in general the command goes MLGetMatrix "h", "A1:A4" where h is the matrix name in matlab and A1:A4 is the range to paste the matrix. I am running this in a subroutine in VBA inside a loop in which this process will be done over and over, retrieving different matrices from MatLab after operations have been performed. How can I get the matrix retrieved from MatLab to paste t...

Copy excel infomration using matlab
Hi, i need to copy a chart from an excel file to another using matlab. I need to copy the whole sheet. I've try to read the Visualbasic script that do this operation, but i've not fullfilled my task. After i've the actxserver for use excel: Excel = actxserver ('Excel.Application'); Workbook=invoke(Excel.Workbooks,'Open',file_name); I try this command: invoke(Charts,'Copy'); it made a copy of what i need, but he copy this file to a new woorkbook and save it in the default directory. The command to do what i want in visual basic is ...

How do you hide a Worksheet in Excel using Matlab?
In Matlab, I am creating an Excel File with multiple worksheets in it. However, I would like to hide one of those worksheets so that it is not visible to the user after I save it. I do not want to delete the worksheet because I need that worksheet to run some Macros in it. How can I do this? Thanks for your time, Brad Brad G. wrote: > > > In Matlab, I am creating an Excel File with multiple worksheets in > it. However, I would like to hide one of those worksheets so that > it > is not visible to the user after I save it. I do not want to > delete > the worksheet be...

Web resources about - matlab and excel conflict - cant use excel anymore - comp.soft-sys.matlab

Fatah–Hamas conflict - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Fatah–Hamas conflict ( Arabic : النزاع بين فتح وحماس ‎ an-Nizāʿ bayna Fataḥ wa-Ḥamās ), also referred to as the Palestinian Civil War (Arabic: ...

Walter Sofronoff 'conflict of interest' under investigation: report
... most prestigious school won't stand immediately stand down its legal counsel over complaints from a child abuse victim about a perceived conflict ...

The Syrian conflict: A mini-World War III?
The Syrian conflict is on the verge of resembling a mini-World War III. Since World War I, never have as many actors with rival agendas and ...

Conflict continues at Kyrgyzstan's massive gold mine
The Kumtor mine, built on a glacier high in the Tian Shan mountains, continues to attract fierce criticism from locals.

Syria conflict: Homs and Damascus bomb blasts kill 140
Bomb blasts in the Syrian cities of Homs and Damascus have killed at least 140 people, monitors and state media say.

EXCLUSIVE: Pollster Frank Luntz Admits To Conflict of Interest With Rubio, Says Breitbart ‘So Far Up ...
EXCLUSIVE: Pollster Frank Luntz Admits To Conflict of Interest With Rubio, Says Breitbart 'So Far Up Trump's Ass'

Russia: Syria Conflict Could Result In A ‘New World War’
Russia: Syria Conflict Could Result In A ‘New World War’

Walking Dead creator Robert Kirkman says the Morgan-Carol conflict 'is only beginning'
All guts, all gory! Entertainment Weekly takes you behind the scenes of the series that lives to shock. In this week’s cover story on the pulse... ...

Inside Intel’s phenomenal effort to end its use of conflict minerals
Even without government support, Intel could be a proving ground for the solution to one of the most pressing issues in technology, business, ...

Surrounded By Toxic Jerks At Work? Do This And Soar Above The Conflict
Are you sick and tired of friction in your workplace? Here's how you can crush the toxicity for good!