Matlab and Excel worksheets

Hi guys,

I have a small query regarding Excel worksheets. I have a
spreadsheet with around 20 worksheets in it. Do any of you
know of the easiest way to import it into Matlab? I have
tried using xlsread and Import data tab from the menu, but
it still doesn't work. Would be of great help.

Thanks.

Rahul

On Dec 19, 3:35 am, "Rahul Srivatsa" <rahul.nospample...@nomail.com>
wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I have a small query regarding Excel worksheets. I have a
> spreadsheet with around 20 worksheets in it. Do any of you
> know of the easiest way to import it into Matlab? I have
> tried using xlsread and Import data tab from the menu, but
> it still doesn't work. Would be of great help.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Rahul

What doesn't work w/xlsread?

-Chris
0
checkeraz69 (165)

Move an Excel Worksheet to another Excel Workbook with Matlab
I need to move an Excel Worksheet to a different Workbook with matlab. I am currently able to create an Excel worksheet and add data to the required cells. I want to be able to move this Worksheet to a different workbook. When I try the code, >> invoke(Activesheet.Move,'Resutls.xls') it creates a new workbook and moves the worksheet to the newly created workbook instead of 'Resutls.xls'. It also gives the error ??? One or more output arguments not assigned during call to "Move". Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks, Jared <http://www.420megs.com/users/ernai/0.htm> &#20599;&#25293; <http://www.420megs.com/users/ernai/1.htm> &#40644;&#33394;&#23567;&#35828; <http://www.420megs.com/users/ernai/2.htm> &#24773;&#33394;&#29255; <http://www.420megs.com/users/ernai/3.htm> &#25104;&#20154;&#25991;&#23398; <http://www.420megs.com/users/ernai/4.htm> &#24773;&#33394;&#32593;&#31449; <http://www.420megs.com/users/ernai/5.htm> &#35064;&#20307;&#35270;&#39057; <http://www.420megs.com/users/ernai/6.htm> &#38706;&#28857; <http://www.420megs.com/users/ernai/7.htm> &#28608;&#24773;&#29255; <http://www.420megs.com/users/ernai/8.htm> &#24615;&#25216;&#24039; <http://www.420megs.com/users/ernai/9.htm> &#25104;&#20154;&#28459;&#30011; <http://www.420megs.com/u...

MATLAB talking to MATLAB?
For my project, I need to have a client program (MATLAB executable) talking to a server program (also MATLAB executable) to query data. Is there any easy way to accomplish that? I appreciate any help that I can get on that. Thanks. Cheers, Hoi Oops, I forgot to mention. There are multiple clients querying the server, so I guess serial objects + remote serial port wouldn't work. "Hoi Wong" <wonghoi.ee@gmail.com_> wrote in message news:f3ald6$gg4$1@news.Stanford.EDU... > For my project, I need to have a client program (MATLAB executable) > talking to a ser...

Run Matlab ... from Matlab
Hello, Is there any limitation to run Matlab from Matlab, as a system command, on Linux platforms ? I tried to start Matlab, both using the ! syntax (!matlab&) or the system command (system('matlab&')), the Matlab splash screen appears, but the new Matlab session closes rapidly . When I do the same with a script of mine (system('matlab -r "myscript"&')), my script is being executed, but Matlab finally crashes . If I remove the &, it works well, but the first Matlab session is blocked till I close the second one . I run Matlab on a Linux 64bits platform . Thanks in advance, Nicolas On 10-12-03 01:22 AM, Nicolas wrote: > Is there any limitation to run Matlab from Matlab, as a system command, > on Linux platforms ? > I tried to start Matlab, both using the ! syntax (!matlab&) or the > system command (system('matlab&')), the Matlab splash screen appears, > but the new Matlab session closes rapidly . > When I do the same with a script of mine (system('matlab -r > "myscript"&')), my script is being executed, but Matlab finally crashes . > If I remove the &, it works well, but the first Matlab session is > blocked till I close the second one . > I run Matlab on a Linux 64bits platform . It appears there is a parsing problem in the script that invokes Matlab. Here's an example of what I had to do to get around it: !matlab -r \""...

Statistics in Matlab from excel worksheet
Hi, I have an excel sheet with sediment data ~1500 rows, each row is comprised of various data such as station id, lat, long, particle diameter etc. There are about 75 different stations and about 20 samples from each station. I am looking to calculate the average diameter in matlab of each station based on it's station id #. Thanks for the help. "Chris " <chris.veinot@hotmail.com> wrote in message <htok3o$7a5$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > Hi, > > I have an excel sheet with sediment data ~1500 rows, each row is comprised of various data such as stat...

writing MATLAB images into Excel worksheets
Does anyone have a method to write an image from MATLAB into Excel worksheets? The Shapes.AddPicture command isn't working for me. My application is to pull images from a number of separate directories and compile them into a single document with images from each test group on a separate worksheet. Thanks in advance for any pointers! Cindy On Tue, 06 Oct 2009 19:14:02 -0400, Cynthia <remove.this.cynthia.bell@asu.edu> wrote: > Does anyone have a method to write an image from MATLAB into Excel > worksheets? The Shapes.AddPicture command isn't working for me. My ...

How do you hide a Worksheet in Excel using Matlab?
In Matlab, I am creating an Excel File with multiple worksheets in it. However, I would like to hide one of those worksheets so that it is not visible to the user after I save it. I do not want to delete the worksheet because I need that worksheet to run some Macros in it. How can I do this? Thanks for your time, Brad Brad G. wrote: > > > In Matlab, I am creating an Excel File with multiple worksheets in > it. However, I would like to hide one of those worksheets so that > it > is not visible to the user after I save it. I do not want to > delete > the worksheet be...

Excel error 429 when running Matlab magic square example from Matlab builder
Hi, I was working with the Matlab builder magic square example (can be found in matlab builder users guide) in Matlab to compile and build m-files into COM objects for Excel. Essentially, the building process creates a .bas file which can be imported into Visual Basic Editor in MS Excel. In the VB code, the Matlab functions essentially end up being wrapped up inside COM objects and you can invoke these functions in the excel spreadsheet. The example works successfully for output to a single cell. For outputing to multiple cells simultaneously, the code changes a little as a macros are in...

Deleting non-empty Excel Worksheet through MATLAB
Hi, I am trying to delete some worksheets in an Excel workbook. These excel worksheets have data as well as some pictures. I just want to delete the non-empty excel sheets before running a long code. These sheets have data from the previous execution of the same MATLAB programme. I looked at several messages posted on the web, but none of them discuss about deleting non-empty worksheets. I would be grateful if you can help. I am using actxserver for accessing the Excel application. Many thanks in advance, Dilbag ...

How to embed a matlab code behind an excel worksheet?
I want to write a matlab code that will work behind excel. Basically, the users will enter input to an excel sheet, click a button on the secreen and this will trigger a matlab code that comes with the excel sheet. The code will run and give the output on an excel sheet. The users don't necessarily have matlab. They should be able to run the code though. Is there a quick and easy way to combine my matlab code with an excel sheet? thanks, onur. ps. I am familiar with vbasic. However, I prefer to include a matlab code since it runs faster with vectors. "Onur" <onuruncu@yah...

DLL creating by Matlab for Matlab
I would like to know if it is possible to convert several M-files into one DLL with Matlab (by using mcc or mex or other functions) and use this DLL with Matlab. How can I do that? I could create DLL with mcc -l xxx.m but I can't use this DLL with Matlab (error: "??? The function, script or class xxx cannot be indexed using {} or . indexing.") I have a project on Matlab with just M-files and I want to give this project to someone who want to use it on Matlab too, but I don't want to give him the source M algorithms. Moreover, I don't want to have an executable....

Matlab Excel
You know where I can found Tutorial for use Do of Matlab build schedules for Excel? Locomotiva: <SNIP being slightly vague... > You know where I can found Tutorial for use > Do of Matlab build schedules for Excel? i'm not sure what you really want/need... these might be docs to look at <http://www.mathworks.com/support/solutions/data/1-17PWC.html?1-17PWC&BB=1> <http://www.mathworks.com/support/solutions/data/1-19BU0.html?solution=1-19BU0&BB=1> <http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/toolbox/exlink/index.html> us ...

Matlab plots outside Matlab
I'm making an end-user application where I would like to use Matlab functionality both for calculation and plotting. Matlabs GUI builder guide does not satisfy my needs (no support for f.ex. internal frames and other nescessities), so I'm planning to compile my Matlab code and use other API (Java, QT or something) for GUI. My problem is then, that I loose access to the neat plotting commands availible under matlab GUI... Is there a way of integrating Matlabs plot functionality into another GUI system? - has it been done? - I appreciate any response! - P�l Berge ...

from MatLab to Excel
Hi, im trying to transfer data from an Excel sheet to MatLab per SetFullMatrix and getting it back after calculations per GetFullMatrix. And when the matrix size is really big for Excel (f.e. 10000 x 100), it takes ages to transfer data back. Can somebody provide me an excel example or some idea to make it faster? i dont have excel link and excel builder thanks in advance Dmitriy There are many functions in Matlab for interfacing with Excel. But you should respect the format of the function. For example:xlsread, xlswrite, xlsfinfo, wk1read, textread, function_handle. I think you can find which you want. Good luck! Dmitriy Koptyakov wrote: > > > Hi, > > im trying to transfer data from an Excel sheet to MatLab per > SetFullMatrix and getting it back after calculations per > GetFullMatrix. And when the matrix size is really big for Excel > (f.e. > 10000 x 100), it takes ages to transfer data back. Can somebody > provide me an excel example or some idea to make it faster? i dont > have excel link and excel builder > > thanks in advance > Dmitriy Thank You foor your reply but these functions are worthless when the referenced excel file is opened. is it so? and thats what i need. TY Dmitriy Sorry to reply late. I have tried to read a opened Excel file with the function xlsread(), it can work. but unfortunately, the one xlswrite() can not work for a opened Excel file. you should close it at first. Qiao Dmitriy Koptyakov wrote: > ...

What is the best way to import Excel files, with stock data, into Matlab? I’m using Matlab R2010b (64-bit)
What is the best way to import Excel files, with stock data, into Matlab? I’m using Matlab R2010b (64-bit) I’m trying to import historical prices of stock data. Matlab keeps cutting off the header of each column; it gives me only values. I am thinking that this is a data-type-mixing-issue, or whatever it’s called. I have ‘Dates’ in ColumnA, and ‘MSFT’, ‘PWER’, ‘KO’, and ‘SBUX’, in ColumnB-ColumnE. Basically, if I put the Excel file in my Matlab folder and double-click the file, I see the values in a matrix (no dates and no headers), I hit ‘Next’. Then, I see only one option; one radio button is enabled – ‘Create variable matching preview’. The other two options, ‘Create vectors from each column using column names’ and ‘Create vectors from each row using row names’ – both are greyed out. I’ve seen videos, on YouTube and on the Matlab site, where people import excel data and these options are NOT greyed out. No matter what I do, there options are ALWAYS greyed out. The problem is, when I click ‘Finish’ in my ‘Workspace’ I have a variable named ‘data’ all values in a 575x4 matrix, but I have NO DATES and I have NO HEADERS on the columns. All of this seems to go into another variable, called ‘textdata’; all dates and headers ate in textdata. This is VERY inconvenient. I’m trying to analyze some stock data and I have no headers, so I have no idea which stock is which (I can figure it out, but I think Matlab should do this for me). Also, I have no dates corresponding to ...

Excel to MATLAB
Hi, I have a Matlab-programmed model. I want to link this to another software program which does not link directly to Matlab, but can exchange inputs and outputs from Excel. Is it possible that the other program gives output to Excel, which will invoke the Matlab program automatically. The output of the Matlab program will then be given back as Excel output which then transfers some data to the original program. In short, I want Excel to be linking the 2 applications. Regards, Rakib ...

Excel and MATLAB
Hi there Can anybody please help me with the following problem: I want to read a range of values from an excel spreadsheet using a MATLAB function. The user will enter two numbers, say 2 and 10, and these two numbers will form a range. Say these numbers are located in the cells C100 to C108. I would like to know how to display the numbers in those cells, given the input numbers. Thank you, Willem ...

Calling Matlab in C in Matlab
Hi everybody! My problem can be described as follows. I have a tool in Matlab that requires calling an optimisation algorithm in C. This algorithm consists of several C-files, one of which contains the function to be minimised (CFUNCTION), and another is the main algorithm file (CMAIN). Now what I want to do is to call Matlab from CFUNCTION or CMAIN and specify my custom function (MFUNCTION) to be minimised. So, I'm calling Matlab from C from Matlab. I'm a newbie in C and MEX files. Should I rewrite CMAIN as a MEX file and include CFUNCTION in this and then use mxCallMATLAB? Or can...

Excel/ MATLAB
How to create an on-line link between MATLAB and Excel? I want to save data generated by a MATLAB file immediately in a spreadsheet file for further analysis. How can this be achieved? Another issue: is it easy to generate an HTML document from within MATLAB? Thanks. look at: <http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/techdoc/matlab_external/matlab_external_example_index.shtml> in particular, look at the section COM/DDE apps and examples re html output: look at the report generator tbx us lucy borrelli wrote: <SNIP wants ML talk to excel and wants to create html ...

Excel/Matlab
I was viewing one of the lectures on Matlab website, about using MATLAB to analyse data in excel. However, I notice that the excel toolbar has many MATLAB functions you can call(for data importing). How do I call matlab from excel, and use some of the funtions to pick the data I want. I have searched the forum for this excel topic, but , it is very confusing and does not really hit the nail on hte head. Thank you. ...

parallel matlab
Hi all, I'm going to work on a project involving a parallel version of MATLAB - I'm aware of various efforts like MATLAB-*P and so on Right now I need to read up on some material regarding MATLAB internals eg: How are the ATLAS(or is it BLAS) routines called in MATLAB? How does MATLAB's C code store information in memory, cache'ing etc? How is one to get at those? Do you know of any suitable reference(s)/resource(s)? Thank you very much, Aravind ...

from Delphi to matlab and matlab to delphi
How to send vars from Delphi to Matlab ? and viceverse, from matlab to delphi ? thanks, it is dificult, and not found answers in the internet. jairo serrano wrote: > > > How to send vars from Delphi to Matlab ? and viceverse, from matlab > to delphi ? thanks, it is dificult, and not found answers in the > internet. When I want to use Matlab variables in another program, I write them to file. You can use comma separated files (csv). Try: > help csvwrite > help dlmwrite Works fine for me. Hope this helps, Niels jairo serrano wrote: > How to send vars from Delphi to Matlab ? and viceverse, from matlab > to delphi ? thanks, it is dificult, and not found answers in the > internet. The simplest is with OLE. Have a look here: - Francis Burton, "Callin Matlab from Delphi" #, 19 Nov 2003 4:27 pm </WebX?50@@.eecb61d> Two sample projects are given here: - <http://www.djpate.freeserve.co.uk/Matlab.htm> From Matlab to Delphi you would have to write a mex files, thats more difficult. Regards, Peter hi i did the connection between delphi4.0 and matlab6.5 and I could cacth the value from Delphi to Matlab but can't to cacth the value from Matlab to Delphi, Do you have an idea??? I think that this project it is look like with yours , Did you make this project? Thanks in Advance, Thiago Holanda jairo serrano wrote: > > > How to send vars from Delphi to Matlab ? and viceverse, from matlab > to delphi ? thanks, it...

matlab and excel
hi there, i am trying to generate an excel worksheet by runnung an m-file. the problem is that i do not know a way to stop excel from asking quiestions like "a file with the same name already exists, do you want to overwrite it?" is there a way that i can control and answer these questions in the m-file so that the user doesn't have to answer them while the code is running? thanks, M In Visual Basic the command is Application.DisplayAlerts = False ...

Matlab engine with matlab R2010b

MAtlab to Excel
Someone it knows pointing to me how I can do after to have created A schedule in Matlab. M to transform them in VBA for EXCEL, where I can find applications examples,Tutorials. Thank you. Domanda wrote: > > > Someone it knows pointing to me how I can do after to have created > A schedule in Matlab. M to transform them in VBA for EXCEL, > where I can find applications examples,Tutorials. > Thank you. > > > There are many functions available for this purpose. Type "lookfor excel" at the MATLAB command prompt. You can also look at the ExcelLink product and...

Web resources about - Matlab and Excel worksheets - comp.soft-sys.matlab

Worksheet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A worksheet is a sheet of paper, or on a computer, on which problems are worked A worksheet generator is a software program that generates problems, ...

iTooch 5th Grade Language Arts - English worksheets on Vocabulary, Grammar, Reading and Writing [FULL] ...
Get iTooch 5th Grade Language Arts - English worksheets on Vocabulary, Grammar, Reading and Writing [FULL] on the App Store. See screenshots ...

Schools Shut Down Over Islam Worksheet Reaction
Christian Science Monitor Schools Shut Down Over Islam Worksheet Reaction 10TV Augusta County, Virginia - After a teacher at a Virginia school ...

Today’s Apps Gone Free: Walkathon, Doodle Jump HD, Montessori Worksheets And More
... Game Center. Doodle Jump HD is available for free today only (03/15). It has a 4.5-star rating with a total of 6727 ratings. Montessori Worksheets ...

School apologises over Bible and homosexuality worksheet
A Belfast school has apologised after complaints were made about a worksheet on religious views on homosexuality.

EPIC FAIL: Parents reveal insane Common Core worksheets
EPIC FAIL: Parents reveal insane Common Core worksheets

School worksheet tells kids GOP thinks helping poor 'waste of money,' parent claims
Tax season — and tax scams — are in full swing. Here are 3 common scenarios and what you should know to keep from becoming a victim.

Higher Education: School worksheet says GOP thinks poor are a waste of money
Apparently "fascist" was the wrong answer In case you were worried about the next generation and the future of the nation, save yourself some ...

Daughter Fails 'Gender Bias' Worksheet, Makes Dad Proud [PHOTO]
... assignment has generated impassioned debate online after her father, blogger Steve Bowler, sparked outrage by posting the third-grader’s worksheet, ...

Gender bias worksheet. I'm glad she failed. - Imgur
Imgur is used to share photos with social networks and online communities, and has the funniest pictures from all over the Internet.