Matlab and Java: problems with datatype

Hello everyone!

I call Matlab from Java using the class MatlabControl written by Kamin Whitehouse. In my Java-Application I create a matrix and I want to call Matlab to compute the eigenvalues. At the moment I define the Java matrix as a two-dimensional double array: double[][]. Then I call the method "public void testBlockingFeval(final String Command, final Object[] args)" with "eig" as command and an object array containing my matrix. Matlab answers that "Function 'eig' is not defined for values of class 'cell'." How can I define a matrix in Java, such that  Matlab recognizes it as a matrix?

Thank you very much for your help
Eva