Matlab automation server and Matlab Compiler Run Time

I did a simple excel macro which runs matlab functions sucessfully in a machine with Matlab installed.

Now I want to run it in a computer without matlab, with "MATLAB Compiler Run Time" installed. I can add the Matlb automation server type  file (mlapp.tlb) sucessfully, but when I try to run it, I get this error:
"ActiveX component can't create object"

In this line:
Set matlab = New MLApp.MLApp

Do you know what is missing?

Thanks
0
alainc (14)

Why can't Fortran-mex files be compiled on matlab V5.3 and run on matlab V6?
Hi, does anyone know why Fortran-mex files can't be compiled on matlab V5.3 and run on matlab V6? For example: if I compile the example-program (shipped with matlab) timestwo.f on matlab version 5.3 (R11) and try to run it on matlab version 6+ (R12 or R13), I get the error message: "Unable to load mex file: E:\timestwo.dll. The specified module could not be found. ??? Invalid MEX-file" Likewise if I compile it on matlab version 6.1 (R12), I get a similar error message if run on matlab version 5.3 (R11). However, if I run it on matlab version 6.5 it works OK. If I try the same experiment with the corresponding example file written in C, timestwo.c, I get no such problems. Why is that? Per A. Hi Per, usually MEX-files need to be compiled with the MATLAB version you want it later to run with. The reason is, that the code links against the current dynamic libraries (DLLs), which may change from version to version. You may have luck that it works (see your example of timestwo.f), but you should never rely on this. Titus "Per A. Brodtkorb" <Per.Brodtkorb@ffi.no> wrote in message news:eecb303.-1@webx.raydaftYaTP... > Hi, > > does anyone know why Fortran-mex files can't be compiled on matlab > V5.3 and run on matlab V6? > > For example: if I compile the example-program (shipped with matlab) > timestwo.f > on matlab version 5.3 (R11) and try to run > it on matlab version 6+ (R12 or R13), I ...

Matlab engine with matlab R2010b

can't run matlab setup/No puedo correr matlab
Hi! I opened the&nbsp;matlab script fractal.vi&nbsp;then my antivirus (Kaspersky)&nbsp;ask&nbsp;if I acept the modified te registry of matlab setup,&nbsp; I &nbsp;say "yes" After that when I want open matlab the setup run but inmediatly it's close, why???? &nbsp; Hola: Abri el matlab script fractal.vi y mi antivirus (Kasoersky)me preguntaba si aceptaba una modificacion del registro del setup de matlab yo acepte Despues de eso cuanto abro matlab se cierra inmediatamente porque?? &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Hola Sa�l Es probable que el problema est� relacionado con el antivirus Kaspersky, trata de deshabilitarlo y correr nuevamente el ejemplo.&nbsp; Si esto no funciona revisa el estado de tus licencias de LabVIEW y de Matlab, probablemente tengas que reinstalar el programa y/o activar las licencias. �Qu� versi�n de LabVIEW y Matlab tienes? �El comportamiento es el mismo con el otro ejemplo?, me refiero al de la siguiente dir: labview\examples\scriptnode\Differential Equation.llb\MATLAB Script - Lorenz Diff Eq.vi Si corres este ejemplo �El antivirus tambi�n te pregunta cambiar lo de los registros?, ser�a bueno contactar a Mathworks para saber c�mo reconfigurar nuevamente los registros de Matlab ...

embedded matlab function MATLAB R2009a
I downloaded the MS visual C++ 2008 Express Edition and the SDK as detailed in http://www.mathworks.com/support/solutions/en/data/1-6IJJ3L/?solution=1-6IJJ3L My embedded function didnt work at the beginning because I did "mex -setup" before I installed my SDK. But after I installed the SDK, I ran "mex -setup" in Matlab once again and choose the MS visual C++2008 as my compiler. Then, my embedded matlab function worked. Thanks to the contribution from above! ...

Matlab Compiling and Parallel Running
Hi, I have a question regarding using compiled Matlab executables. I have a compiled Matlab code that runs. When the code runs, it creates a folder inside "T:\Temp\mcrCache7.14". For some reason I have to erase that directory every time I need to run the code, otherwise, it fails. So I wrote a PERL script to call the Matlab executable and to handle the erasing of the directory inside the mcrCache directory. All is well so far. The problem is that now I am running such Matlab compiled code in parallel, and I guess now that creates a problem. Now, the PERL scripts might erase the mcrCache while other PERL script is still running! Questions: 1) I wonder why we even need that mcrCache in the first place. Why can't Matlab just compile an executable that contains everything it needs (self-contained) and that runs locally??? 2) If the mcrCache is something that is needed and I can't take away (see question 1), then how do I handle this problem of running in parallel a compiled Matlab program? Any help in this matter is appreciated. Thanks, Noel Andres ...

MATLAB Run Time Environment
Hi guys, Is there a MATLAB runtime environment that I can download and install onto a fresh PC? I am wanting to run a LabView program that calls MATLAB commands and m. files with the MATLAB Script Node. Cheers! "zerowindez " <zerowindez@gmail.com> wrote in message news:jn2koq$jic$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com... > Hi guys, > > Is there a MATLAB runtime environment that I can download and install onto > a fresh PC? Yes, it's called MATLAB. http://www.mathworks.com/products/matlab/ If you're looking for the MATLAB equivalent of Java's free JVM: http://www.java.com/en/download/index.jsp the closest equivalent is the MCR, but that's only for use with applications deployed using MATLAB Compiler, not for execution of general MATLAB programs. For execution of general MATLAB programs, you need MATLAB. > I am wanting to run a LabView program that calls MATLAB commands and m. > files with the MATLAB Script Node. I'm not familiar with that functionality, but I'm guessing it requires an installation of MATLAB on the machine on which you want to use it. Depending on what you're doing you may be able to use a trial version to determine if MATLAB suits your needs; use the Trial Request link on the Contact Us page linked in my signature to request a trial. -- Steve Lord slord@mathworks.com To contact Technical Support use the Contact Us link on http://www.mathworks.com ...

C++ Mex file crashes matlab on 64bit linux, but not 32 bit windows, but program runs fine outside Matlab
Hello, I have written a mex gateway function to a C++ class. If I compile this mex function on 32Bit windows using R2008a I have no problems. If I compile and run on Matlab R2011a running 64bit Scientific Linux (a version of Red Hat Enterprize Linux) matlab exits with a segfault when the mexfunction is called, although it appears to run about halfway through the program. The C++ class can be compiled and run (with a main function) outside of Matlab on both platforms with no errors. I am using Microsoft Visual C++ Express Edition on the windows machine, and gcc 4.4.5 on the Linux machine. Can anyone suggest what the cause of this might be and how I can I fix it? I am having a hard time debugging on Linux as I do not have access to a graphical debugger for use with matlab and am unfamiliar with gdb. This is compounded by the fact that the program compiles and runs fine when compiled as a standalone program. A zip file containing the code and data files necessary to reproduce the problem can be downloaded from http://www.see.ed.ac.uk/~s0237326/downloads/mexcrash.zip. This zip file contains the .m and .cpp source code, and a text file for testing (Temp.fem). The file fmehsersetup.m shows the commands I am using to compile. The file Test_mexfmesher.m runs the mexfunction with an appropriate input for testing. The mex gateway function is mexfmesher.cpp, it calls the fmesher class which is made up of the files in the fmesher directory. Below is a backtrace from the se...

Why does Matlab do this
What is happening when I type rand(1:10) at the command line? Matlab goes into a 10 minute spin - what's going on? Thanks "Robert" wrote in message <j64asi$5v4$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > What is happening when I type > rand(1:10) > at the command line? > > Matlab goes into a 10 minute spin - what's going on? > Thanks Hi Robert, You're create a 10-D array with that syntax. Do you just want a vector of 10 uniformly distributed random numbers. x = rand(10,1); % or x = rand(1,10); Wayne Hi Wayne, You're right - that's what I was trying to do... but I was just newbie mucking about trying to work out the syntax and I typed that in - then had a looong wait for Matlab to work through it! Thanks for the explanation. Robert "Robert" wrote in message <j64d2h$dvo$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > Hi Wayne, > You're right - that's what I was trying to do... but I was just newbie mucking about trying to work out the syntax and I typed that in - then had a looong wait for Matlab to work through it! > Thanks for the explanation. > Robert That's fine. Welcome to MATLAB!!! If that's the worst memory-intensive mistake you ever make, you'll be fine :) I've done much, much worse. Wayne ...

MATLAB Quits Every Time Run Program
We are currently running 4 visual experiments using MATLAB 7.4.0 (R2007a) and Psychtoolbox-3. The experiments are run on a MacBook Pro (Mac OS X 10.5.8), but shown on an external monitor (Dell). All summer long we have been running the experiments through the mac laptop, onto the external monitor, without any problems. Suddenly a couple weeks ago, the experiments will no longer run. Every time we try and run the experiments, MATLAB quits. No changes have been made to the code, so we are wondering if perhaps we inadvertently changed some settings on the mac, and this is influencing MATLAB's performance... ...

Need help for a matlab mini project

Error when running Java the first time after starting Matlab
I have a m-file script that I use to add some *.jar files to my dynamic java path. It then imports some classes and tries to use them. The first time I run my application when having just started Matlab, I get an error "Undefined function or variable 'MyClass' ". This error does not occur if I run my app any number of times later. Everything works perfectly when I close my GUI and simply run it again. I believe that this has to do with the asynchronous nature of Matlab and Java, but I don't know what to do so that my users will not have to run my app twice to get it to work. Any thoughts? Update: A code snip and some things I have tried. % simplified example code to explain what I am doing function myDemo pathtojars = {'C:\Users\Camron\Documents\Jars\myjavacode.jar'}; javaaddpath(pathtojars); import com.mypackage.MyClass; myClass = MyClass(); end when running the first time it produces >> ??? Undefined function or variable 'MyClass'. I have tried pausing after javaaddpath, and after importing which doesn't work. I have tried using "clear java" after javaaddpath and also evalin('base','clear java'); after javaaddpath. reading http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/newsreader/view_thread/314610#859318 talks about refreshing matlab after editing dynamic path using clear java, but it seems not to work for me. Running the script the second time produces no errors. ...

bar
In MatLab 6.5, the routine above works normal: figure; sem=Average(:,2)./sqrt(Average(:,3)); bar([1:1:7],Average(:,1),sem); ylabel('% of epochs analyzed') xlabel('Frequency Band') title ('Occurrence of Oscillatory Events - Ch X') %Where Average and sem are vectors; But, in MatLab 7.0, the same code cause the following error: ??? Error using ==> xychk Too many input arguments. Error in ==> bar at 53 [msg,x,y] = xychk(args{1:nargs},'plot'); Error in ==> cross_subj_analysis>ok_Callback at 327 bar([1:1:7],Average(:,1),sem); I'd like to know why this occour. Thanks Henrique In article <g7a1j6$l1$1@fred.mathworks.com>, Henrique Amaral <henriquetomaz@uol.com.br> wrote: >In MatLab 6.5, the routine above works normal: >figure; >sem=Average(:,2)./sqrt(Average(:,3)); >bar([1:1:7],Average(:,1),sem); >ylabel('% of epochs analyzed') >xlabel('Frequency Band') >title ('Occurrence of Oscillatory Events - Ch X') >%Where Average and sem are vectors; >But, in MatLab 7.0, the same code cause the following error: >??? Error using ==> xychk >Too many input arguments. >Error in ==> bar at 53 > [msg,x,y] = xychk(args{1:nargs},'plot'); >Error in ==> cross_subj_analysis>ok_Callback at 327 >bar([1:1:7],Average(:,1),sem); >I'd like to know why this occour. When the third argument is numeric, it must be the bar width. barwidth must b...

Matlab builder JA: parse java string to matlab cell
Hi all, I'm building a java swing based GUI for my Matlab application. As such, user input is available as text strings, for example "{[0; 0], [3.5 0; 0 2]}" (mean vector and covariance matrix of a 2D Gaussian). The user input will be passed to the compiled matlab method as a MWCellArray. Problem is how do a convert (parse) the above string into a MWCellArray? From its javadoc http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/toolbox/javabuilder/MWArrayAPI/index.html the following method is available: java.lang.String toString() Returns a string representation of this array, but the reverse method is not. Evidently, parsing a string like the one above is a non trivial task and I'm loath to attempt writing one by myself. I would be very thankful if someone can point me to the required parser implementation. Matlab itself is carrying out this task all the time, perhaps it is possible to access Matlab's own parser. Help much appreciated, Ritesh ...

Matlab student license for MDSD (e.g. Matlab Coder)
Hello, I'm evaluating products for writing my final university thesis. I want to perform image processing algorithms (C-Code compiled for a DSP). I have the feeling that manual programming of this algorithms is no longer state of the art. Instead MDSD (model driven software development) - that means Code Generation - seems to be smarter to me. Unfortunately Mathworks offers no licenses of Matlab Coder (or Simulink Coder etc.) to individual students. And I cannot afford to buy a commercial license (which probably would cost me more than 5.000 EUR/$ / my absolute limit is 1.000 EUR/$). Is there any possibility for me to use MDSD (code generation) for image processing for my university thesis ? Maybe by using cheaper alternatives ? Or by using 3d party software (like target link) ? Or export/import to another product ? Any idea ? (I want to avoid manual coding - like using OpenCV) By the way, does anyone know, why Mathworks hides the MDSD features from students ? It doesn't make sense to me that Mathworks reduces the amount of engineers available on the job market that are capable of handling (serious) Matlab projects. (Microsoft offers the "Visual Studio Express Edition" for free for education and the amount of people on the job market that are experienced in Visual Studio is tremendous.). Thank you, Roelof ...

possible to keep MCR open when running compiled MATLAB code in loop?
Hello, I have noticed that my MATLAB program takes much longer to execute when compiled as a standalone Windows executable (.exe) than when running the program as a standard .m file. As a standard .m file, my program executes in about 1 second, but the same compiled program takes about 5 seconds to execute. It is my understanding that this additional run time is due the MCR being opened and closed every time the compiled MATLAB program is executed. This additional time required to open and close the MCR is problematic because we intended to have this compiled executable called many times within a loop. To elaborate, we wanted to integrate this MATLAB code with 3rd party optimization code written in Python. The Python optimization code basically just writes a set of text input files, executes the compiled MATLAB code, then parses a set of text output files. This can happen many thousands of time, so the extra time required to open and close the MCR adds up significantly. So my question is this: Is it possible to just open the MCR once and then close it when needed, instead of opening and closing the MCR each time the compiled MATLAB code is executed? Thank you, Danny You do in the wrong way: if you want to build a code that supposed to be called many times, then you should compile it in library rather than stand alone application. Bruno I too am interested on how to keep the MCR in memory or keep it running. However, we are Linux users so hopefully the...

Why My Matlab Compiled Dlls won't run in Window 2008
We have a stand alone application which uses C and C++ Dlls which we generate in Matlab and compile. The Dlls have worked for many years in XP and windows 2003 enterprise sever. We have now migrated to Windows 2008, 32 bits and have deploy these Dlls the same but they no longer launch. I appreciate any help. Thanks "Al Lari Lavassani" wrote in message <jv26qj$u2$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > We have a stand alone application which uses C and C++ Dlls which we generate in Matlab and compile. The Dlls have worked for many years in XP and windows 2003 enterprise sever. We have now migrated to Windows 2008, 32 bits and have deploy these Dlls the same but they no longer launch. I appreciate any help. Thanks I guess there is no trivial fix but recompiling them. Bruno ...

some problems of codes of MATLAB 7.0 working on MATLAB 6.5
I have used MATLAB for few hours.So I don't know the differences between version 6.5 and 7.0.I want to use some codes of MATLAB 7.0, but they doesn't work in MATLAB 6.5.How to change these codes so that they can work in matlab 6.5.Waiting for your help. Thank you . The codes are like this .I think changing the function findPI may work ,but I don'y know how % PIfun.m % Evaluate a function used to find the PI-line, using Kyle Champley's % method. % % Adam Wunderlich % last update: 5/18/06 function y = PIfun(r,R,h,gamma,x3,sb) temp = R - r*cos(gamma-sb); y = h*((pi - 2*atan(r*sin(gamma-sb)/temp))*(1 + (r^2 - R^2)/ (2*R*temp)) ... + sb) - x3; % find_PI_Line.m % % Find the the parametric interval corresponding to the unique PI-line % passing through the point x for a given helical pitch. % This code implements the method of Kyle Champley. % inputs: P = pitch (cm/turn), R = helix radius, delta_s = s stepsize, x % output: PI = [sb st] % % Adam Wunderlich % last update: 5/18/06 function [PI] = findPI(P,R,delta_s,x) h = P/(2*pi); r = sqrt(x(1)^2+x(2)^2); gamma = atan2(x(2),x(1)); options = optimset('TolX',h*delta_s/100,'FunValCheck','on'); [sb,fval,exitflag] = fzero(@(sb) PIfun(r,R,h,gamma,x(3),sb),... [(x(3)-h*pi)/h,x(3)/h],options); if exitflag ~=1, disp('Error: PI invalid'); end % note that beta=sb in Kyle's formula alphaX = atan(r*sin(gamma-sb)/(R - r*cos(gamma-sb))); st = sb + pi -...

how to run multiple matlab engine application at the same time using PBS job scheduler
Hi, I have a program written using matlab engine( fortran call matlab software) After i compile it, it runs every well. I copy the executable into two folders. submit the program from the two folders using 2 PBS scripts (on a cluster), each of the two folder ran same program just with different parameters, it turns out that one job could be fast, and the second one is very slow. but if I ran these two executables from two different folders at two ssh terminal, both run very well.. when I try to run two matlab engine program at my laptop, window machine.. it will generate crazy solution. Seems matlab engine application don't allow ran multiple job at same time....?? My questions is: How to run multiple matlab engine program at the same time using PBS? Thanks! Yi ...

'Matlab Code' to 'Embedded Matlab fun code'
Dear friends, I have a Matlab code to process a pure analog signal 'u'. Now I want to implement it in Simulink and I want to use it in 'Embedded Matlab fun block' so i need to transform 'Matlab code' to 'Embedded Matlab fun code' to perform the task. The Matlab code is as follows: %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% u_abs = abs(u); major_th = 1.5e-1; minor_th = 1.8e-2; major_peak_value = []; minor_peak_value = []; pos = 1; pos_max = 1; while ~isempty(pos) [m pos_max(end+1)] = max( u_abs( pos : pos + 10) ); pos_max(end) = pos_max(end) + pos - 1; if m > major_th major_peak_value(end+1) = m; else minor_peak_value(end+1) = m; end % exit the peak pos = find(u_abs(pos:end) < minor_th, 1 , 'first') + pos-1; % Find the beginning of the next peak pos = find(u_abs(pos:end) > minor_th, 1 , 'first') + pos-1; end pos_max(2) = []; plot(u); hold on; plot(pos_max,u(pos_max),'ro'); %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% I think i don't need this plot command as I will see the result in the scope directly. Any suggestion will be very useful. Thanking you! Prashant "Prashant Sandhi" wrote in message <jafvj8$soq$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > Dear friends, > > I have a Matlab code to process a pure analog signal 'u'. Now I want to implement it in Simu...

Incompatible of MAT file for Matlab 6.5.1 and Matlab 7.0
Hi! I have recently installed Matlab 7.0. I have save my simulation results in .MAT file. However, these MAT files can't be opened using Matlab 6.5.1. I encountered problem as follows: ??? Error using ==> load Unable to read MAT file D:\MATLAB7\work\results.mat File may be corrupt. How can I solve this problem? Thanks. Linda Please see here: <http://tx.technion.ac.il/~perryb/matlab7/mat7.pdf> In short, save again as: The new features and enhancements are described in the "Release notes" of Matlab. A new feature that causes incompatibility with previous versions of Matlab is the new encoding of MAT files. Matlab release 14 writes character and figure data to MAT-files using Unicode encoding by default. Unicode encoded MAT-files are not readable by earlier versions of Matlab. If you intend to load your MAT-files created with Matlab release 14, you must override the Unicode default during the save. You can override the default encoding by using the -v6 switch with save and hgsave: save filename -v6 hgsave filename -v6 Hope it helps Linda wrote: > > > Hi! > > I have recently installed Matlab 7.0. > I have save my simulation results in .MAT file. > However, these MAT files can't be opened using Matlab 6.5.1. > > I encountered problem as follows: > > ??? Error using ==> load > Unable to read MAT file D:\MATLAB7\work\results.mat > > File ma...

how to run it from MATLAB command
Hey all, I have my code in a script file and it works when I run it from Matlab, I get the value of X . I want to be able to run it from Matlab command and get my X value, I changed my code to function and I allowed input argument so my code should work for any number I put in, It works currently but I have to put the number in the file then it works but that's not what want, I want users to be able to add input then get the value.. The old working Version N=1024; f1=1; FS=200; t=(0:N)/FS; x=cos(2*pi*f1*t); subplot(3,1,1);plot(t,x); answer = 5; y=[repmat(0,1,answer),x(1:end-answer)]; subplot(3,1,2);plot(t,y); [Rxx,lags] = xcorr(x,y); [Y,I] = max(Rxx); lags(I) ; The new Version and Its not working. function answer = support (a) N=1024; f1=1; FS=200; t=(0:N)/FS; x=cos(2*pi*f1*t); subplot(3,1,1);plot(t,x); answer = 5; y=[repmat(0,1,answer),x(1:end-answer)]; subplot(3,1,2);plot(t,y); [Rxx,lags] = xcorr(x,y); [Y,I] = max(Rxx); lags(I) ; end I want to type in the command support(20) and give me the value of answer?? Cheers, Susan Well.... you dont use the input "a" in the new version. "Susan" wrote in message <j393em$2v6$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > Hey all, > I have my code in a script file and it works when I run it from Matlab, I get the value of X . I want to be able to run it from Matlab command and get my X value, I changed my code to function and I allowed input argument so my code ...

Web resources about - Matlab automation server and Matlab Compiler Run Time - comp.soft-sys.matlab

Automation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For a hierarchical presentation of automation topics, see Outline of automation . For other uses, see Automation (disambiguation) . Automation ...

Automation World - Covering the field of industrial automation
AutomationWorld.com delivers content for the Automation Buying team, which includes Information Technology and Networking; Operations and Engineering; ...

Facebook Ads API Partner AdStage: Campaign Automation, $6.25M Series A Funding
AdStage , a Facebook ads API partner, announced Wednesday the launch of campaign automation — as well as a $6.25 million round of Series A funding. ...

Facebook ads API partner AdStage announces Series A funding, campaign automation
AdStage , a Facebook ads API partner, announced Wednesday the launch of campaign automation — as well as a $6.25 million round of Series A funding. ...

Automation World (@automationworld)

Automation World
Automation World is your link to the why and how of manufacturing automation. The purpose of this group is to connect manufacturing engineers, ...

How to Choose the Right Marketing Automation Platform - Marketing Automation - AdAge
PJA Advertising + Marketing, Cambridge, Mass. recently invested in a marketing automation platform. Greg Straface, VP-business development, in ...

Nest gains Android Wear support and new features for better home automation
... up is a new feature that will help your Nest products know whether you're at home or away. Here's the deal - lots of other home automation products ...

GM acquires driverless tech startup Cruise Automation
... GM has added yet another arrow to its autonomous vehicle quiver, announcing the acquisition of San Francisco tech startup Cruise Automation. ...

Hoping to catch Tesla, GM just bought Cruise Automation for $1 billion
... taking steps to ensure that the industry doesn't pass them by. Case in point: General Motors today announced its plan to acquire Cruise Automation, ...