Hi!

Is there a MATLAB command which gives access to a .mdb MS Access
database or do I need a special driver?

Thanks,

Andree
-1

Hi Andree Ellert,

you can use activeXcontrol to interact with MS-Access database.

access = actxserver('Access.Application');
returns the handle for Access.

set(access, 'Visible', 1);
will show the opened Access window.

use get(access) and set(access) commands to find the methods
available to call.

-Vadivelu M
===========
0
velgates (56)
4/16/2004 12:08:03 PM
http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/toolbox/database/datatool.shtml

"Andree Ellert" <ellert@gmx.net/////\\\\\> wrote in message
> Hi!
>
> Is there a MATLAB command which gives access to a .mdb MS Access
> database or do I need a special driver?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Andree

1
stuartm (472)
4/16/2004 3:03:24 PM
Andree Ellert wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Is there a MATLAB command which gives access to a .mdb MS Access
> database or do I need a special driver?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Andree

 <http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/loadFile.do?objectId=4045&objectType=file>

-Hardik

MS Access and Matlab
Where can I find the data type and lengths MS Access will accept from Matlab? I've tried quite a few different data types accepted through SQL but I can't seem to get them to take. The only ones I've gotten are char and text. conn = database('MyDatabase','',''); SQL = 'CREATE TABLE MyTable (MyCol1 char(50),MyCol2 char(32))'; % As an example curs = exec(conn,SQL); SQL = 'CREATE TABLE MyTable2 (MyCol1 Text)'; curs = exec(conn,SQL); close(conn); I've search through Access, Matlab, and the internet but have been unable to find out how to...

MS Access to Matlab
I have been able to move data from excel to matlab but reaching a new problem with finding information in MS Access. I could change the data by export in Access but trying to reduce steps before use due to multiple iterations within a short period of time. Thanks Ray Foran <wowseray_25@yahoo.com> wrote: > I have been able to move data from excel to matlab but reaching a new > problem with finding information in MS Access. I could change the > data by export in Access but trying to reduce steps before use due to > multiple iterations within a short period of time. > >...

I m currently developing a java based application and want to know how can i make client access database located on the server? "HeMan_Speaks" <Lunar20092010@gmail.com> wrote in message news:d71ce567-0434-48b8-b1d2-bb191706ab45@w8g2000prd.googlegroups.com... >I m currently developing a java based application and want to know how > can i make client access database located on the server? I think you're going to have to expand a little bit more in your question here, as is not 100% quite clear what you're trying to do. You might want to make a little bit of a d...

Matlab to Ms Access converter
Hi, I would like to know if it is possible to convert an algorithm constructed with Matlab in Ms Acces. So that I can run my Matlab algorithm in Ms Access without the need of having Matlab? Any idea? Thank you Bernd You can use MATLAB Builder for COM to do this. http://www.mathworks.com/products/combuilder/ 1) Program your algorishm in MATLAB 2) Compile the m-file(s) it into a COM object 3) Invoke the COM object from Access - Brian "Bernd" <b.smits@tiscali.NOSPAM.it> wrote in message news:eeea056.-1@webx.raydaftYaTP... > Hi, I would like to know if it is possible to co...

Accessing Access

Matlab 2010B with MS Access 2010
Hello everyone! I found many codes but probably they don't have compatibility. I would like to connect Matlab 2010B with MS Access 2010 to insert data from matlab to ms access and to export data from ms access to matlab. Seriously i have try too many code examples but i was not able to do what i want! Thanks a lot for your time! "Eleftheria " <teratini247@gmail.com> wrote in message <jskjtk$paj$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > Hello everyone! > I found many codes but probably they don't have compatibility. > I would like to connect Matlab 201...

How to access COM objects in MATLAB built with MATLAB Builder NE?
I used the MATLAB R2010b Builder NE to compile a COM-DLL (a single class with a single method) and intend to call the method from within MATLAB R2007b. I cannot distribute m-files or p-files because my code uses new object oriented features introduced in R2008a. So the idea is to install Matlab Compiler Runtime 2010b on the target machine in addition to MATLAB 2007 and access the function from a DLL. Unfortunately, I was not able to run the method from within MATLAB and could not find any documentation on how to use MATLAB to "test" COM DLLs (or even .NET DLLs or C-DLLs) built with the MATLAB Compiler. The documentation yet is very clear on how to use external interfaces, e.g using actxserver() for COM DLLs, or NET.addAssembly() for .NET DLLs or loadlibrary() for C-DLLs. Since I have no installation of R2007 right now I did everything in R2010 (compiling and testing). Here is what I tried for COM DLLs: >> p = actxserver('myComponent.myClass'); >> p.myMethod(0,[],[]) ??? Invoke Error, Dispatch Exception: Source: myComponent.myClass.1_0 Description: MCR instance is not available and for .NET DLLs: NET.addAssembly(fullfile(cd,'myComponent.dll'); >> p = myComponent.myClass(); ??? Message: The type initializer for "myComponent.myClass" threw an exception. Source: mscorlib HelpLink: and for C-DLLs >> loadlibrary('myComponent.dll','myComponent.h'); Warning: Warnings messages were ...

Using MATLAB to access online database
I am trying to write a program that will input user given values on a website database and then download and save the data. I have hundreds of different test cases to run and would like to have a program that will do it instead of having to put in each case myself. Does anyone know how to do this or if MATLAB is even capable? On Thu, 19 Feb 2009 16:48:01 -0500, Ashley <smiley746@hotmail.com> wrote: > I am trying to write a program that will input user given values on a > website database and then download and save the data. I have hundreds of > different test cases to ru...

how to connect microsoft access database in matlab
Hello, I want to use acces database in matlab.Please help me about how to build a connection with access database "Mandeep " <samra@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:jg7teq$egq$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com... > Hello, > > I want to use acces database in matlab.Please help me about how to build a > connection with access database http://www.mathworks.com/products/database/ -- Steve Lord slord@mathworks.com To contact Technical Support use the Contact Us link on http://www.mathworks.com "Mandeep " <samra@yahoo.com> wrote in message <jg...

MS Access recordset with Matlab dll
Hi, i've compiled following function into mama_1_0.dll: function[Rend,Vola] = Rendite(X) I = find(X); %Zeros B = X(I(1):size(X)); % C1 = B(1:size(B)-1); C2 = B(2:size(B)); Erg = C2./C1-1; %Compute Returns Rend = mean(Erg); Vola = sqrt(var(Erg)); % end Now i want to use it in MS Access with DAO recordset like this: Sub try() Dim Matl As New Mama.Mama 'Matlab dll Dim db As DAO.Database Dim rs As DAO.Recordset Dim vol As Double Dim ret As Double Set db = CurrentDb Set rs = db.OpenRecordset("select Timeseries from 1", dbOpenSnapshot) '1 is the table Call Matl.rendite(...

access to Access
We use MS access 2000 at work and few people know how to work it including me. We are using it on a network and more than one person is trying to access it at once. Needless to say this isn't working as one has to log out first before another can enter data. Is there an easy way around this? Or a complicated way, actually I'll take anyway. Thanks Mike We have just started this database so any changes would be better done sooner. Mike Kelliher wrote: > We use MS access 2000 at work and few people know how to work it > including me. > We are using it on a network and mo...

matlab and access
Is access of access databases part of the basic matlab capability? I tried to open a database with the database command, and Matlab did not recognize this? Could it be because access was not installed on the computer? Or do I need an additional matlab software component? "Sharon Lindenbaum" <sharon.L@elbitsystems.com> wrote in message <hhfdju$abc$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > Is access of access databases part of the basic matlab capability? I tried to open a database with the database command, and Matlab did not recognize this? Could it be because access was not installed on the computer? Or do I need an additional matlab software component? Hi Sharon I use Access as a database in connection with matlab. Try to write "ver" in your command window. You need the "DATABASE TOOLBOX" to import and export data to a database. If you do not have any experience with the "Database TOOLBOX" I would recommend you to read about the functions exec, update and insert. You also have to setup an access database, but it is very easy and can be read in the documentation. Best Regards Hans "Sharon Lindenbaum" <sharon.L@elbitsystems.com> wrote in message <hhfdju$abc$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > Is access of access databases part of the basic matlab capability? I tried to open a database with the database command, and Matlab did not recognize this? Could it be because access was not installed ...

F:\MATLAB\toolbox\matlab\timeseries\tsKeyPressFcn.m (Access is denied)
Have anyone come acros the above error when trying to install Matlab? ...

how to link .MAT files to MATLAB not the MS ACCESS
Hi Somehow my computer recognizes .mat files as the Microsoft access application. I wonder how I can change .mat files to be MAtlab application. Thanks "num" <polNOSPAM@aol.com> wrote in message news:ef13d4b.-1@webx.raydaftYaTP... > Hi > > Somehow my computer recognizes .mat files as the Microsoft access > application. I wonder how I can change .mat files to be MAtlab > application. > > Thanks Try asking in a group specific to your operating system. open the windows explorer, menu extras, last entry, the third tab (something like "file types&...

How to access MS Access from Perl?

Web resources about - MATLAB command to access MS Access database - comp.soft-sys.matlab

Oracle: Fear Not, ’12c’ Database Nearing Its Breakout, Says Credit Suisse
... from cloud computing applications in 2016, along with the adoption by customers of the its “ 12c ” version of its flagship relational database ...

TransGrid Switches Oracle Database Support to Rimini Street
TransGrid Switches Oracle Database Support to Rimini Street

Herbalife sinks on database error report
Herbalife said it had overstated growth in the number of "active new members" in some instances in the past three quarters due to database errors. ...