Matlab crashes on dbquit

Whenever I set a breakpoint to debug a matlab program, and then quit
debugging with "dbquit", Matlab crashes. The same happens when I click
the corresponding button in the editor to quit debugging.
Although it is not too serious a problem, it is still annoying.

Any ideas what I could do against it?

Here the output from "ver":

MATLAB Version 7.5.0.338 (R2007b)
MATLAB License Number: 44671
Operating System: Linux 2.6.24.4-64.fc8 #1 SMP Sat Mar 29 09:54:46 EDT
2008 i686
Java VM Version: Java 1.6.0 with Sun Microsystems Inc. Java HotSpot(TM)
Client VM mixed mode

"Harald Grossauer" <harald.nospam.grossauer@uibk.ac.at> wrote in message
> Whenever I set a breakpoint to debug a matlab program, and then quit
> debugging with "dbquit", Matlab crashes. The same happens when I click
> the corresponding button in the editor to quit debugging.
> Although it is not too serious a problem, it is still annoying.
>
> Any ideas what I could do against it?
>
> Here the output from "ver":

> MATLAB Version 7.5.0.338 (R2007b)
> MATLAB License Number: 44671
> Operating System: Linux 2.6.24.4-64.fc8 #1 SMP Sat Mar 29 09:54:46 EDT
> 2008 i686
> Java VM Version: Java 1.6.0 with Sun Microsystems Inc. Java HotSpot(TM)
> Client VM mixed mode

Is the code you're debugging running in a callback function?  If so, read
this:

http://www.mathworks.com/support/bugreports/details.html?rp=408523

If that's not the case, I recommend that you sent the stack trace you
receive and the program you're debugging when MATLAB crashes to technical
support for investigation.

--
Steve Lord
slord@mathworks.com

0
slord (13689)
4/21/2008 2:36:32 PM
Steven Lord schrieb:
> "Harald Grossauer" <harald.nospam.grossauer@uibk.ac.at> wrote in message
>> Whenever I set a breakpoint to debug a matlab program, and then quit
>> debugging with "dbquit", Matlab crashes. The same happens when I click
>> the corresponding button in the editor to quit debugging.
>> Although it is not too serious a problem, it is still annoying.
>>
>> Any ideas what I could do against it?
>>
>> Here the output from "ver":
>>
>> -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> MATLAB Version 7.5.0.338 (R2007b)
>> MATLAB License Number: 44671
>> Operating System: Linux 2.6.24.4-64.fc8 #1 SMP Sat Mar 29 09:54:46 EDT
>> 2008 i686
>> Java VM Version: Java 1.6.0 with Sun Microsystems Inc. Java HotSpot(TM)
>> Client VM mixed mode
>> -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Is the code you're debugging running in a callback function?  If so, read
> this:
>
> http://www.mathworks.com/support/bugreports/details.html?rp=408523
>
> If that's not the case, I recommend that you sent the stack trace you
> receive and the program you're debugging when MATLAB crashes to technical
> support for investigation.

Yes, that is exactly my problem.

Thank for the info!

Cantera using Matlab R2010b: matlab crashes
Hi, I'm trying to use Cantera on windows 7 Professional 64bit using Matlab R2010b. Matlab crashes as soon as function: advance(reactor, t) is getting executed. I have installed Cantera 1.88 and Python 2.6 (both for 64 bit windows). The same code works perfectly fine on a 32bit machine where i have Cantera 1.7 and Python 2.5. I'm using the correct executable(ctmethods.mexw64) file for 64bit machine. Any help will be appreciated. Regards Prakhar (grad student, Caltech) ...

Call C code from Matlab -> Matlab crash
Hello, I have a problem calling C code from Matlab. The mex file compilation is ok. When I run the program Matlab (7.3) crashes. Below is the mexFunction code. Any idea is welcome. (I think the main part of the code (middle part) is not useful for the crash problem, but I put it anyway). //########################################################### #include "math.h" #include "mex.h" void mexFunction (int nlhs, mxArray *plhs[], int nrhs, const mxArray *prhs[]) { // Standard variables int p,r,h,i,j,f,w; // Indices for loop int MAX_NBM = 1000; int MAX_DIM = 10; int MAX_NB_CLUST = 20; double *SF, *km, *new_data; int size, dim, K, nbm, aux_size, count_bis, count_aux; double diam_max, diam, vec1_p, vec2_p, dist_min, dis; int combi[1000000][2]; int dist_aux[1000000][2]; /* Check for proper number of arguments. */ if (nrhs != 5) { mexErrMsgTxt("5 input required."); } else if (nlhs > 1) { mexErrMsgTxt("Too many output arguments"); } // Input parameter (MATLAB) new_data = mxGetPr(prhs[0]); size = (int)mxGetScalar(prhs[1]); dim = (int)mxGetScalar(prhs[2]); K = (int)mxGetScalar(prhs[3]); km = mxGetPr(prhs[4]); // Output parameter (MATLAB) plhs[0] = mxCreateDoubleMatrix(1,1,mxREAL); SF = mxGetPr(plhs[0]); // Other variables nbm = size/dim; // Number of points printf("Taille: %d\n",nbm); printf("Dimension: %d\n",dim); //#############################...

Call C code from Matlab -> Matlab crash #2
Hello, I have a problem calling C code from Matlab. The mex file compilation is ok. When I run the program Matlab (7.3) crashes. Below is the mexFunction code. Any idea is welcome. (I think the main part of the code (middle part) is not useful for the crash problem, but I put it anyway). //########################################################### #include "math.h" #include "mex.h" void mexFunction (int nlhs, mxArray *plhs[], int nrhs, const mxArray *prhs[]) { // Standard variables int p,r,h,i,j,f,w; // Indices for loop int MAX_NBM = 1000; int MAX_DIM = 10; in...

MATLAB CRASHES!!
I Installed Matlab R14 in my notebook under Windows XP Sp2 When I open Matlab, the working area comes up but it immediately cloeses so fast before I can even do anything. my laptop has an AMD SEMPRON 3003 processor if that helps. please help. thanks! "jj " <lasborn.nospam@mathworks.com> wrote in message news:fcs8dd$1d6$1@fred.mathworks.com... >I Installed Matlab R14 in my notebook under > Windows XP Sp2 > > When I open Matlab, the working area comes up but > it immediately cloeses so fast before I can even do > anything. > > my laptop has an A...

Matlab crashes
Hi, I created a dll by linking under Matlab several .obj files with the gateway function appropriate (I'm starting from Fortran90). When I launch the program from command window, every time Matlab crashes and this is the report: ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Segmentation violation detected at Mon Sep 24 09:35:33 2007 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Configuration: MATLAB Version: 6.5.0.180913a (R13) Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Window System: Version 5.1 (Build 2600: Service P...

Matlab Crashes!
I succesfully Installed Matlab R14 in my notebook under Windows XP Sp2 When I open Matlab, the working area succesfully pop up but it immediately cloeses I cannt figure out what to do Any suggestion? Thnaks edo Berlioz Berlioz wrote: > I succesfully Installed Matlab R14 in my notebook under > Windows XP Sp2 > > When I open Matlab, the working area succesfully pop up but > it immediately cloeses > > I cannt figure out what to do > > Any suggestion? > > Thnaks edo Contact support? And "thnaks" sounds awfully cool ;-) Michael On Sep 14, 11:2...

Matlab plots outside Matlab
I'm making an end-user application where I would like to use Matlab functionality both for calculation and plotting. Matlabs GUI builder guide does not satisfy my needs (no support for f.ex. internal frames and other nescessities), so I'm planning to compile my Matlab code and use other API (Java, QT or something) for GUI. My problem is then, that I loose access to the neat plotting commands availible under matlab GUI... Is there a way of integrating Matlabs plot functionality into another GUI system? - has it been done? - I appreciate any response! - P�l Berge ...

parallel matlab
Hi all, I'm going to work on a project involving a parallel version of MATLAB - I'm aware of various efforts like MATLAB-*P and so on Right now I need to read up on some material regarding MATLAB internals eg: How are the ATLAS(or is it BLAS) routines called in MATLAB? How does MATLAB's C code store information in memory, cache'ing etc? How is one to get at those? Do you know of any suitable reference(s)/resource(s)? Thank you very much, Aravind ...

Calling Compiled MATLAB from MATLAB
Hello everyone, How do I compile MATLAB M files into a form that can then be called from within the MATLAB interpreter? A roundabout way would seem to be to (somehow) Turn the matlab code into C (I think mcc does this), then compile this C code into MEX format and call that. Is there an easier way? I have the MATLAB compiler, so I just need to know what to do with it to get this to work. Thanks in advance, Sina sina.tootoonian wrote: > > > Hello everyone, > > How do I compile MATLAB M files into a form that can then be called > from within the MATLAB interpreter? A roundabout way would seem to > be > to (somehow) Turn the matlab code into C (I think mcc does this), > then > compile this C code into MEX format and call that. Is there an > easier > way? I have the MATLAB compiler, so I just need to know what to do > with > it to get this to work. > > Thanks in advance, > > Sina > > HELP MEX > HELP MEX Or, better, HELP MCC help pcode pseudo code is useful to obfuscate code - protect algorithms, yet still run at full speed and be distributable to other matlab users sina.tootoonian wrote: > > > Hello everyone, > > How do I compile MATLAB M files into a form that can then be called > from within the MATLAB interpreter? A roundabout way would seem to > be > to (somehow) Turn the matlab code into C (I think mcc does this), > then > compile this C code into MEX format and call that...

matlab
any one please can help me sploving the following question 1________Given the causal system y[n] =3D 0.9y[n-1] + x[n], find H(z) and sketch the pole-zero plot. See the functions roots.m and zplane.m. 2___ Plot the magnitude and phase of H(z) on the frequency axis from 0 =E2=80=93 =EF=81=B0, or normalized frequency 0 - 1, and label the graphs. S= ee the freqz.m command. hani_al_yazidi@hotmail.com wrote: > any one please can help me sploving the following question > > > 1________Given the causal system > > y[n] = 0.9y[n-1] + x[n], > > find H(z) and sketch the pole-zero plot. See the functions roots.m and > zplane.m. > > 2___ Plot the magnitude and phase of H(z) on the frequency axis from 0 > – , or normalized frequency 0 - 1, and label the graphs. See the > freqz.m command. It looks like homework. State what you tried and what error messages you got and someone who knows Matlab will probably help. We try not to do homework here, but (like gods) we do help those who help themselves. Jerry -- Engineering is the art of making what you want from things you can get. ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯&...

Matlab
Hello , I'm a new user in Matlab. So should you advise matlab notes , documentation please ? <azatserver113@gmail.com> wrote in message news:7b4e75e2-40c6-43bb-acc6-2553123ba649@googlegroups.com... > Hello , > > I'm a new user in Matlab. So should you advise matlab notes , > documentation please ? > At the MATLAB command prompt type this command: doc This will show the documentation included as part of your installation. I recommend reading through the Getting Started section of the MATLAB documentation first, and executing the examp...

can Matlab support 32-bit matlab version scripts on 64-bit version of matlab
can Matlab support 32-bit matlab version scripts on 64-bit version of matlab in windows platform?.if yes , how is the performance better ? please do answer this question thank u "Gangamma " <gangvsng@gmail.com> wrote in message <hvmr7h$sn0$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > can Matlab support 32-bit matlab version scripts on 64-bit version of matlab in windows platform?.if yes , how is the performance better ? Yes, Matlab program written in 32/64 bits are compatible accepted MEX file. 64-bit version can handle larger array but does *NOT* improve speed. Br...

can Matlab support 32-bit matlab version scripts on 64-bit version of matlab #2
can Matlab support 32-bit matlab version scripts on 64-bit version of matlab in windows platform?.if yes , how is the performance better ? please do answer this question thank u ...

Matlab R2006b compatability with Matlab R14?
I am trying to execute some code (a mixture of C++ and Matlab) that was delivered to me. The Matlab code was originally developed under Matlab R14. I have Matlab R2006b installed on my system. When I attempt to execute the program, I get the following message: I18N Runtime warning: Missing ICU data file detected while processing $(MATLAB)/bin/$(ARCH). Hint: Check for a misconfigured environment or installation. When I look in the referenced directory, there does appear to be an ICU related .dat file. Any ideas as to what could be causing this runtime warning? Thanks. ...

Matlab Engine with Matlab Runtime Component ?
Hi, I have a c++ application which uses Matlab engine to save data for further use with Matlab. I need to distribute the application to users that do not have Matlab. Is there a way tp use Matlab Engine with Matlab Runtime Component ? How should I change the compilation to do it ? Thanks, Ofra ...

MATLAB Daemon
Hi! Is it posible to make a Daemon in MATLAB so that i can access a shared memory between MATLAB and .NET? I ask this because every method i've tryied to call MATLAB functions from .NET are really slow, mostly the call process (because i call the function about 300.000-1.000.000 times in a small time lapse. I thought that using a Daemon using shared memory between my .NET app and MATLAB would make that performance bottleneck almost dissapear. Any other ideas are really appreciated. By the way, is it posible to open a socket in MATLAB? That would be another possible solution, less performa...

Matlab 6.5 to matlab 7
hi, i want to upgrade my Matlab 6.5 to Matlab7, will it cause any effects to the M-files that i saved before? Or do I need to uninstall the Matlab 6.5 first before installing the Matlab 7? regards, blur On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 13:03:13 +0000, Blur wrote: > hi, > i want to upgrade my Matlab 6.5 to Matlab7, will it cause any effects > to the M-files that i saved before? See http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/techdoc/rn/r14sp1_a.html for information on changes to the Matlab programming language that may affect old m-files. For the most part the changes are minor, and most ...

MATLAB 6 to MATLAB 7 changes
I am looking for information here on the MathWorks website about the changes between MATLAB 6 and MATLAB 7. Specifically, I am looking for information about changes in the handling of .mat files. For example if I have a mat-file: example.mat located in the MATLAB current directory. In MATLAB 7 I can load this data-file into the MATLAB workspace with: >> load example And it loads fine. If I type the above load command in MATLAB 6 I get and error. Is there anything that provides the technical information for this? Thanks Dave Dave wrote: > I am looking for information here on t...

Matlab compiler for Matlab 5.2
I'm looking for matlab compiler for matlab 5.2 for Mac computers. I wasn't able to find anywhere because the Mathworks doesn't produce it. Do you know were I may find it? Thanks ...

shutdown matlab.exe when matlab is not in use
Hi, I've noticed everytime I start my computer, matlab.exe starts automatically and consumes a considerable amount of memory space which slows down my computer. Is there an option to prevent this process from starting automatically each time my computer starts. I have Windows XP operating system. I have matlab 6.5. Thanks. Fenisol3 puffy_blake wrote: > Hi, > I've noticed everytime I start my computer, matlab.exe starts automatically > and consumes a considerable amount of memory space which slows down my > computer. Is there an option to prevent this process from starti...

Matlab comiler and simple matlab function
I am trying to create an exe from a matlab function which doubles the number you give it. matlab function: test.m function [output] = test (number) %return double the input number output = 2*number; disp(output); run matlab compiler at command line with: mcc -mv test.m with the resulting exe: test.exe However when I run it at DOS prompt: test 1 I am returned a value of 98. I thought that maybe this was some octal description of the output, but 98 oct is not 2 decimal. Some other results it returned: C:\Documents and Settings\alex\Desktop\lighttrans\Frank Work \test...

Writing a Matlab add-on in a Matlab clone?
What is the best Matlab clone and is it good enough to write Matlab software in? I'd like to use one of these free clones to start writing Matlab add-ons. I am aware of Scilab and GNU Octave. The former seems to be more popular. -- Dr Jon D Harrop, Flying Frog Consultancy The F#.NET Journal http://www.ffconsultancy.com/products/fsharp_journal/?usenet Jon Harrop wrote: > > > > What is the best Matlab clone and is it good enough to write Matlab > software > in? > > I'd like to use one of these free clones to start writing Matlab > add-ons. I > am aware ...

opening matlab figures in older version of matlab
hey, im using matlab 6 to open figures and I'm getting the error: "error using ==> open Unable to read MAT file C:\figs\7b.fig See FILEFORMATS for a list of known file types and the functions used to read them." i think its because I may have made the figures in matlab 7 (but im not 100% sure). is this error typical of a version mismatch of that kind? is there a way to modify the figure so that an older version of matlab can open it? matlabnoob wrote: > > > hey, > im using matlab 6 to open figures and I'm getting the error: > > "error using ==>...

Convery .Net Array to MatLab Array in MatLab
NET.convertArray will convert a numeric MATLAB array to .NET array. How do I convert a .Net Array back to a matLab Array? >> class(vector_MatLab) ans = double >> class(vector_DOTNET) ans = System.Double[] These two should be equal and interchangeable... ...

Web resources about - Matlab crashes on dbquit - comp.soft-sys.matlab

Lightning Crashes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
" Lightning Crashes " is a song by the rock band Live , from their 1994 album, Throwing Copper . The track wasn't released as a single in the ...

When New York Times website crashes, newspaper turns to Facebook Notes
When The New York Times’ website suffered some downtime Wednesday because of technical issues, the newspaper turned to Facebook Notes to post ...

Adorable Baby Crashes Daddy's Concert - YouTube
17 month old baby, Ethan ran out onstage when his dad, country singer Coffey, was performing at NYE event, started dancing, and stole the show. ...

Syria army plane crashes while bombing rebel-held town
A Syrian military aircraft crashed while on a bombing run over the rebel-held north-western town of Ariha on Monday, leaving at least 12 people ...

Escape Fail of the Day: Perp Crashes Getaway Car, Demolishes Building
I guess you could call this Car-ma? A woman in Kansas City drove a stolen SUV into a building last week while being chased by police. Not only ...

Flydubai plane crash: no survivors after Flight FZ981 crashes in Russia
A Boeing 738 passenger jet has crashed as it was landing at the Rostov-on-Don airport in southern Russia, killing all on board.

Flydubai plane crash: no survivors after Flight FZ981 crashes in Russia
A Boeing 738 passenger jet has crashed as it was landing at the Rostov-on-Don airport in southern Russia, killing all on board.

Flydubai plane crash: no survivors after Flight FZ981 crashes in Russia
A Boeing 738 passenger jet has crashed as it was landing at the Rostov-on-Don airport in southern Russia, killing all on board.

FlyDubai flight FZ981 crashes at Russia's Rostov-on-Don airport, killing 62 people
The Boeing 737 hit the ground and broke into pieces while trying to land in bad weather.