Matlab crashes while running mex file

Dear all,
 I am running mex file successfully in all folders except one. In the
folder where i am not able to run it ,Matlab gives segmentation
violation and crashes . Sometimes it gives runtime error and closes
down. I am not able to understand that when it is successfully
running (same mex file) in all folders why here not? Can anybody help
me out?

Thanks and regards,
T.Jain
0
traptij (22)

Hi T.Jain

Trapti Jain wrote:
>  I am running mex file successfully in all folders except one. In the
> folder where i am not able to run it ,Matlab gives segmentation
> violation and crashes . Sometimes it gives runtime error and closes
> down. I am not able to understand that when it is successfully
> running (same mex file) in all folders why here not? Can anybody help
> me out?

You should tell us the name of this directory. Maybe it's because of
special characters in the name. On which OS do you run matlab?

Johannes
Johannes Vogel wrote:

> Hi T.Jain
>
> Trapti Jain wrote:
>> I am running mex file successfully in all folders except one.
In
> the
>> folder where i am not able to run it ,Matlab gives segmentation
>> violation and crashes . Sometimes it gives runtime error and
> closes
>> down. I am not able to understand that when it is successfully
>> running (same mex file) in all folders why here not? Can
anybody
> help
>> me out?
>
> You should tell us the name of this directory. Maybe it's because
> of
> special characters in the name. On which OS do you run matlab?
>
> Johannes

  I am running Matlab on Windows 2000. The directory name is
multilateral transaction 2. The other folders in which the file is
running successfully are named as bilateral transaction 1, bilateral
transaction 2, multilateral transaction 1.

thanks and regards,
T.jain
0
traptij (22)
   I think its a C-Mex S-function which u r running .
If that is so and if MATLAB craches it is nothing to do with the
folders . Try debugging the C-Mex S-function . U can find the doc in
the mathworks site .

Well C-Mex S-function doesnt potray the run time errors so clearly .
The segmentation violation errors ocuur basicaly if the array is
going out of bound . In C++ it gives the error of segmentation
violation fault when the classes/objects are not defined .

As far as folders are concerned its a generic practice to give a
short name , or if u r giving a long name then make sure that u put
underscore in between the words like
multilateral_transaction_1 .

Make sure that u put the folders in the path of MATLAB .
use "pathtool" .

Chao !!
Aryan