Matlab engine with matlab R2010b

Hello All,

I'm working with an aplication that use the matlab engine. I made the C++  program and it is working well in my pc with matlab 2007b, but the same very basic program shows an error when I tried to compile it in a pc with matlab R2010b. The error is about the icuuc32.dll. ¿Why is asking this DLL? How can I solve this?. Thanks¡
0
mpuerto13 (1)

What is the best way to import Excel files, with stock data, into Matlab? I’m using Matlab R2010b (64-bit)
What is the best way to import Excel files, with stock data, into Matlab? I’m using Matlab R2010b (64-bit) I’m trying to import historical prices of stock data. Matlab keeps cutting off the header of each column; it gives me only values. I am thinking that this is a data-type-mixing-issue, or whatever it’s called. I have ‘Dates’ in ColumnA, and ‘MSFT’, ‘PWER’, ‘KO’, and ‘SBUX’, in ColumnB-ColumnE. Basically, if I put the Excel file in my Matlab folder and double-click the file, I see the values in a matrix (no dates and no headers), I hit ‘Next’. Then, I see only one option; one radio button is enabled – ‘Create variable matching preview’. The other two options, ‘Create vectors from each column using column names’ and ‘Create vectors from each row using row names’ – both are greyed out. I’ve seen videos, on YouTube and on the Matlab site, where people import excel data and these options are NOT greyed out. No matter what I do, there options are ALWAYS greyed out. The problem is, when I click ‘Finish’ in my ‘Workspace’ I have a variable named ‘data’ all values in a 575x4 matrix, but I have NO DATES and I have NO HEADERS on the columns. All of this seems to go into another variable, called ‘textdata’; all dates and headers ate in textdata. This is VERY inconvenient. I’m trying to analyze some stock data and I have no headers, so I have no idea which stock is which (I can figure it out, but I think Matlab should do this for me). Also, I have no dates corresponding to ...

Need help for a matlab mini project

bar
In MatLab 6.5, the routine above works normal: figure; sem=Average(:,2)./sqrt(Average(:,3)); bar([1:1:7],Average(:,1),sem); ylabel('% of epochs analyzed') xlabel('Frequency Band') title ('Occurrence of Oscillatory Events - Ch X') %Where Average and sem are vectors; But, in MatLab 7.0, the same code cause the following error: ??? Error using ==> xychk Too many input arguments. Error in ==> bar at 53 [msg,x,y] = xychk(args{1:nargs},'plot'); Error in ==> cross_subj_analysis>ok_Callback at 327 bar([1:1:7],Average(:,1),sem); I'd like to know why this occour. Thanks Henrique In article <g7a1j6$l1$1@fred.mathworks.com>, Henrique Amaral <henriquetomaz@uol.com.br> wrote: >In MatLab 6.5, the routine above works normal: >figure; >sem=Average(:,2)./sqrt(Average(:,3)); >bar([1:1:7],Average(:,1),sem); >ylabel('% of epochs analyzed') >xlabel('Frequency Band') >title ('Occurrence of Oscillatory Events - Ch X') >%Where Average and sem are vectors; >But, in MatLab 7.0, the same code cause the following error: >??? Error using ==> xychk >Too many input arguments. >Error in ==> bar at 53 > [msg,x,y] = xychk(args{1:nargs},'plot'); >Error in ==> cross_subj_analysis>ok_Callback at 327 >bar([1:1:7],Average(:,1),sem); >I'd like to know why this occour. When the third argument is numeric, it must be the bar width. barwidth must b...

Matlab builder JA: parse java string to matlab cell
Hi all, I'm building a java swing based GUI for my Matlab application. As such, user input is available as text strings, for example "{[0; 0], [3.5 0; 0 2]}" (mean vector and covariance matrix of a 2D Gaussian). The user input will be passed to the compiled matlab method as a MWCellArray. Problem is how do a convert (parse) the above string into a MWCellArray? From its javadoc http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/toolbox/javabuilder/MWArrayAPI/index.html the following method is available: java.lang.String toString() Returns a string representation of this array, but the reverse method is not. Evidently, parsing a string like the one above is a non trivial task and I'm loath to attempt writing one by myself. I would be very thankful if someone can point me to the required parser implementation. Matlab itself is carrying out this task all the time, perhaps it is possible to access Matlab's own parser. Help much appreciated, Ritesh ...

some problems of codes of MATLAB 7.0 working on MATLAB 6.5
I have used MATLAB for few hours.So I don't know the differences between version 6.5 and 7.0.I want to use some codes of MATLAB 7.0, but they doesn't work in MATLAB 6.5.How to change these codes so that they can work in matlab 6.5.Waiting for your help. Thank you . The codes are like this .I think changing the function findPI may work ,but I don'y know how % PIfun.m % Evaluate a function used to find the PI-line, using Kyle Champley's % method. % % Adam Wunderlich % last update: 5/18/06 function y = PIfun(r,R,h,gamma,x3,sb) temp = R - r*cos(gamma-sb); y = h*((pi - 2*atan(r*sin(gamma-sb)/temp))*(1 + (r^2 - R^2)/ (2*R*temp)) ... + sb) - x3; % find_PI_Line.m % % Find the the parametric interval corresponding to the unique PI-line % passing through the point x for a given helical pitch. % This code implements the method of Kyle Champley. % inputs: P = pitch (cm/turn), R = helix radius, delta_s = s stepsize, x % output: PI = [sb st] % % Adam Wunderlich % last update: 5/18/06 function [PI] = findPI(P,R,delta_s,x) h = P/(2*pi); r = sqrt(x(1)^2+x(2)^2); gamma = atan2(x(2),x(1)); options = optimset('TolX',h*delta_s/100,'FunValCheck','on'); [sb,fval,exitflag] = fzero(@(sb) PIfun(r,R,h,gamma,x(3),sb),... [(x(3)-h*pi)/h,x(3)/h],options); if exitflag ~=1, disp('Error: PI invalid'); end % note that beta=sb in Kyle's formula alphaX = atan(r*sin(gamma-sb)/(R - r*cos(gamma-sb))); st = sb + pi -...

can't run matlab setup/No puedo correr matlab
Hi! I opened the&nbsp;matlab script fractal.vi&nbsp;then my antivirus (Kaspersky)&nbsp;ask&nbsp;if I acept the modified te registry of matlab setup,&nbsp; I &nbsp;say "yes" After that when I want open matlab the setup run but inmediatly it's close, why???? &nbsp; Hola: Abri el matlab script fractal.vi y mi antivirus (Kasoersky)me preguntaba si aceptaba una modificacion del registro del setup de matlab yo acepte Despues de eso cuanto abro matlab se cierra inmediatamente porque?? &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Hola Sa�l Es probable que el problema est� relacionado con el antivirus Kaspersky, trata de deshabilitarlo y correr nuevamente el ejemplo.&nbsp; Si esto no funciona revisa el estado de tus licencias de LabVIEW y de Matlab, probablemente tengas que reinstalar el programa y/o activar las licencias. �Qu� versi�n de LabVIEW y Matlab tienes? �El comportamiento es el mismo con el otro ejemplo?, me refiero al de la siguiente dir: labview\examples\scriptnode\Differential Equation.llb\MATLAB Script - Lorenz Diff Eq.vi Si corres este ejemplo �El antivirus tambi�n te pregunta cambiar lo de los registros?, ser�a bueno contactar a Mathworks para saber c�mo reconfigurar nuevamente los registros de Matlab ...

Incompatible of MAT file for Matlab 6.5.1 and Matlab 7.0
Hi! I have recently installed Matlab 7.0. I have save my simulation results in .MAT file. However, these MAT files can't be opened using Matlab 6.5.1. I encountered problem as follows: ??? Error using ==> load Unable to read MAT file D:\MATLAB7\work\results.mat File may be corrupt. How can I solve this problem? Thanks. Linda Please see here: <http://tx.technion.ac.il/~perryb/matlab7/mat7.pdf> In short, save again as: The new features and enhancements are described in the "Release notes" of Matlab. A new feature that causes incompatibility with previous versions of Matlab is the new encoding of MAT files. Matlab release 14 writes character and figure data to MAT-files using Unicode encoding by default. Unicode encoded MAT-files are not readable by earlier versions of Matlab. If you intend to load your MAT-files created with Matlab release 14, you must override the Unicode default during the save. You can override the default encoding by using the -v6 switch with save and hgsave: save filename -v6 hgsave filename -v6 Hope it helps Linda wrote: > > > Hi! > > I have recently installed Matlab 7.0. > I have save my simulation results in .MAT file. > However, these MAT files can't be opened using Matlab 6.5.1. > > I encountered problem as follows: > > ??? Error using ==> load > Unable to read MAT file D:\MATLAB7\work\results.mat > > File ma...

Why can't Fortran-mex files be compiled on matlab V5.3 and run on matlab V6?
Hi, does anyone know why Fortran-mex files can't be compiled on matlab V5.3 and run on matlab V6? For example: if I compile the example-program (shipped with matlab) timestwo.f on matlab version 5.3 (R11) and try to run it on matlab version 6+ (R12 or R13), I get the error message: "Unable to load mex file: E:\timestwo.dll. The specified module could not be found. ??? Invalid MEX-file" Likewise if I compile it on matlab version 6.1 (R12), I get a similar error message if run on matlab version 5.3 (R11). However, if I run it on matlab version 6.5 it works OK. If I try the same experiment with the corresponding example file written in C, timestwo.c, I get no such problems. Why is that? Per A. Hi Per, usually MEX-files need to be compiled with the MATLAB version you want it later to run with. The reason is, that the code links against the current dynamic libraries (DLLs), which may change from version to version. You may have luck that it works (see your example of timestwo.f), but you should never rely on this. Titus "Per A. Brodtkorb" <Per.Brodtkorb@ffi.no> wrote in message news:eecb303.-1@webx.raydaftYaTP... > Hi, > > does anyone know why Fortran-mex files can't be compiled on matlab > V5.3 and run on matlab V6? > > For example: if I compile the example-program (shipped with matlab) > timestwo.f > on matlab version 5.3 (R11) and try to run > it on matlab version 6+ (R12 or R13), I ...

Shall i use the misrosoft Visual c++ code from a m-file generated from matlab in Visual C++ with out matlab runtime environment
undefined ...

Matlab engine
Matlab 2009b Hi, I'd like to use Matlab's engine capabilties from C to send data to Matlab for interactive visualization and manipulation. 1) Windows: I know in Windows I can run Matlab with the /Automation switch and I get the engine to attach to the existing matlab process, a matlab console window that works how I'd like. Except, it seems I have to run the C exe from within Matlab. I'd rather not have to launch my C exe from Matlab. If I call engwindemo.exe from outside of matlab, I get an error: "The procedure entry point ?init_application_init@detail@matrix@@YA_NH@Z could not be located in the dynamic link library libmx.dll" Is this to be expected? 2) OSX: The docs say in Unix the engine can't attach to an existing matlab process. But is there a way to launch the engine so that it starts an interative matlab session, either with command window or full GUI? That would be very useful. Thanks. Cheers, Michael Hi, I have exactly the same questions... any news on this? Thanks, Gustavo "Michael" <michael@circular-logic.com> wrote in message <hlca0c$kkj$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > Matlab 2009b > > Hi, > > I'd like to use Matlab's engine capabilties from C to send data to Matlab for interactive visualization and manipulation. > > 1) Windows: > I know in Windows I can run Matlab with the /Automation switch and I get the engine to attach to the existing matlab process, a...

Avoid Matlab engine splash screen
Hi there, Is there a way of avoiding the matlab *splash screen* when connecting to an engine session? i.e. #include "engine.h" int main(...) ... engOpen("\0"); ... /// SNAPSHOT TAKEN: http://pic.twitter.com/JzBtV2WX } Also, it does take a while to load every time I start my application. Can I have a pre-loaded engine somewhere and simply connecting to it rather than running it from scratch? Thanks a lot for the feedback I would doubt it. It would probably violate the license agreement, but I'm not sure. And when would you preload this engine? Days before? Won't the users still see it at some point, especially if you do it soon before they run it? > I would doubt it. It would probably violate the license agreement, > but I'm not sure. It's just not subtle at all.. When you start matlab you can tell it --nosplash, I am wondering whether the same thing can be done for the engine. It's not that the user wouldn't know.. he has to have matlab installed! :| > And when would you preload this engine? Days before? Won't the users > still see it at some point, especially if you do it soon before they > run it? If I could pre-load an engine session on an external server, then I could just connect to an already opened session without having to wait for the relatively long initialization time which I currently incur into at every startup... ...

Recent soft computing papers and MATLAB Toolboxes
Dear Colleagues, I would like to call your kind attention to the updated website of the Soft Computing Research Group at the University of Veszprem (Hungary) http://www.fmt.vein.hu/softcomp/ You can download MATLAB Toolboxes: - Fuzzy Clustering MATLAB Toolbox - Genetic Programming MATLAB Toolbox - Interactive Evolutionary Strategy (EASy) MATLAB Toolbox - Constrained Fuzzy Model Identification for the FMID Toolbox independent MATLAB programs related to: - Data mining * Fuzzy clustering based time-series segmentation * Supervised Fuzzy Clustering for the Identification of Fuzzy Classifiers * Fuzzy Modeling with Multidimensional Membership Functions: Grey-Box Identification and Control Design * Compact TS-Fuzzy Models through Clustering and OLS plus FIS Model Reduction * Inconsistency Analysis of Labeled Data * Star plots - MATLAB files for Graphical Representation of trace elements of clinkers - Process control and monitoring * Feedback Linearizing Control Using Hybrid Neural Networks Identified by Sensitivity Approach * Incorporating Prior Knowledge in Cubic Spline Approximation - Application to the Identification of Reaction Kinetic Models * Identification and Control of Nonlinear Systems Using Fuzzy Hammerstein Models - A Simple Fuzzy Classifier based on manuscripts in PDF about - fuzzy model based process control and monitoring - fuzzy clustering and classification - incorpor...

Recent soft computing papers and MATLAB Toolboxes
Dear Colleagues, I would like to call your kind attention to the updated website of the Soft Computing Research Group at the University of Veszprem (Hungary) http://www.fmt.vein.hu/softcomp/ You can download MATLAB Toolboxes: - Fuzzy Clustering MATLAB Toolbox - Genetic Programming MATLAB Toolbox - Interactive Evolutionary Strategy (EASy) MATLAB Toolbox - Constrained Fuzzy Model Identification for the FMID Toolbox independent MATLAB programs related to: - Data mining * Fuzzy clustering based time-series segmentation * Supervised Fuzzy Clustering for the Identification of Fuzzy Classifiers * Fuzzy Modeling with Multidimensional Membership Functions: Grey-Box Identification and Control Design * Compact TS-Fuzzy Models through Clustering and OLS plus FIS Model Reduction * Inconsistency Analysis of Labeled Data * Star plots - MATLAB files for Graphical Representation of trace elements of clinkers - Process control and monitoring * Feedback Linearizing Control Using Hybrid Neural Networks Identified by Sensitivity Approach * Incorporating Prior Knowledge in Cubic Spline Approximation - Application to the Identification of Reaction Kinetic Models * Identification and Control of Nonlinear Systems Using Fuzzy Hammerstein Models - A Simple Fuzzy Classifier based on manuscripts in PDF about - fuzzy model based process control and monitoring - fuzzy clustering and classification - incorporation of a priori knowledge in the identif...

how to programming Matlab api Engine programming with Csharp
thank you first there are some resources about Matlab API engine programming with csharp? waiting for your reply! yours:king ...

MatLab coding help needed for basic engineering problem
Hiya, i've been trying to figure out a way to create a code to differentiate, integerate and plot the results for a fluid mechanics problem and would really appreciate any sort of help that i can get. The problem's about volume-flow through a pump. What i'm meant to do is make a GUI through GUIDE and have 3 m-files which can load data from 2 excel files. the excel files contain 2 columns of Q(volume flow) and time and numerous rows of values taken at different time intervals. What i'm supposed to do is create three m-files to determine: a. The change of volume flow with respect to time of the fluid in the pump i.e dq/dt. b. The volume of fluid entering the hydraulic circuit / | | Q dt | / (integrate Q with respect to t) c. A function file that determines the difference in the volume of fluid in this system and a similar system without a leak, which means the 2 data sets in the 2 excel files. they have been sampled at different rates so i need to interpolate them as well. And in the end, plot all a, b, and c with respect to time. The problem is, i find the derivative of Q with respect to t throw diff(q)./diff(t)...which ultimately caused the resulting dataset to have one element less than q or t, and thus, i cant plot it against t. how do i add another element to diff(q)./diff(t)? i tried using size(dqdt) = [1001,1] => adding one more element to the set but it doesnt accept it (dqdt is diff(q)./diff(t)). What should i do? i believe this would be fair...

Cosimulation with Matlab
Dear All, I am trying to Cosimulate Matlab and Cadence. That is my idea is to simulate the circuit in Cadence using Spectre or AMS and to feed the data to Matlab for deep analysis. For that I setup the SimulinkCoupler and the Fixed-Cell coupler. But whenever I am trying to simulate from AMS, (either in Parallel Matlab and AMS or Cosimulating Matlab and AMS) I am getting two errors: 1. LD_ASSUME_KERNEL variable set which may cause unstable simulation. 2. couple module 'tb_ieee_802_11a_demo.I10': *E,INITCF: ERROR (SIMLNK-66): [Internal] The connection to host 'localhost' and port 5023 failed ...

MATLAB Assignment
I have a problem with my matlab assignment. This is the question. 1. Using your knowledge of vector operations determine the unit normal vector at each pixel in fi g. 1. Visualise the unit normal vectors onto fi g. 1 to form a pin-cushion image (fi g. 4). 2. Using your knowledge of vectors, calculate the intensity of light as a percentage of the intensity of the light rays at each pixel in fi g. 1. Visualise this as a shading model (fi g. 5). Please help me with this 2 problems. Thank You. "mardziah shameem" wrote in message <jp708h$ncg$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > I have a problem with my matlab assignment. > This is the question. > > 1. Using your knowledge of vector operations determine the unit normal vector at each pixel in fi g. 1. Visualise the unit normal vectors onto fi g. 1 to form a pin-cushion image (fi g. 4). > > 2. Using your knowledge of vectors, calculate the intensity of light as a percentage of the intensity of the light rays at each pixel in fi g. 1. Visualise this as a shading model (fi g. 5). > > Please help me with this 2 problems. Thank You. We are not supposed to do your homework... We can help with (specific) matlab questions though... So try it and then come and ask when you have a particular problem. ...

Competitor to Matlab
Is there any viable competitor to Matlab ..? What can Matlab do that no other product can do ..? Ta..! On Aug 12, 1:43=A0pm, "Paul " <cant...@hotmail.com> wrote: > Is there any viable competitor to Matlab ..? What do you use matlab for? There are few competitors for what mstlb originally was intended for; plenty for what matlab eventually is used for... > What can Matlab do that no other product can do ..? Nothing. Rune In article <j233kh$mkr$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>, "Paul " <canterg@hotmail.com> wrote: > Is there any viable competitor to Matlab ..? Of course, it depends on what you use it for. See <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_numerical_analysis_software> <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_numerical_analysis_software> <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MATLAB> for plenty of alternatives. > What can Matlab do that no other product can do ..? Empty your bank account. Okay, Mathematica's pretty good at that, too. (In all fairness, MATLAB is expensive, but worth every penny IMO.) -- Doug Schwarz dmschwarz&ieee,org Make obvious changes to get real email address. On Aug 12, 11:43=A0pm, "Paul " <cant...@hotmail.com> wrote: > Is there any viable competitor to Matlab ..? > What can Matlab do that no other product can do ..? > > Ta..! I've tried Scilab and found it pretty good. One of these days, I'll move over, but the amount...

Matlab to web
Hy everyone, Could matlab send data to web, to be more specific I need to do image processing from the camera and then send data to specific web server( to some ip adress that creates wifi modul on my robot). I started develop my application for image processing but I am not sure about connection to web I research something but I am not sure what is usefull [img]http://www.deviantpics.com/images/6TdcG.png[/img] This is the page and i need to send command to direction (left,right,up,down) when I process the image from camera any one??? ...

Matlab as COM
Hi, I'm using a Software that allos me to link a Matlab File integrating i for the simulations. The Help Tool of the Software tells that I've t execute some comands before running simulation. the exact intruction are: "The PATH environment variable should include the bin directory under th MATLAB root directory. This example shows how PATH can be set: set PATH=<matlabroot>\bin\win32;%PATH% Typically, PATH is set by the MATLAB installer which also registers th COM components in the Windows registry. To manually register COM components run matlab /regserver " I've tried to execute this comands but the system tell me that I don' have permissions to do that. My system account is an administrato account, so I have all permissions. I was thinking that is possible tha it's happening because of Windows Vista configuration but I have no idea Could someone help me?? If I don't find a solution I won't be able to tes my final project. Thanks! Best regards ...

avi and matlab
Dear sir: I have read one text posted on the Math Forum about this problem: When using aviinfo or aviread on an AVI-File(1.3GB) under Matlab7 R14 I get the following error: ??? Error using ==> audiovideo\private\findchunk Incorrect chunk size information in AVI file. I also met this problem, and my release is 13, matlab 6.5 . I am confused about that, so can you help me to solve that .I wish your feedback as soon as possible. sincerely. Dan Hi Dan, as I wrote as reply to my own posting, this error occurs (in my case) in combination with an unknown video codec. Maybe changing the one you use may help. Try 'help aviinfo' and 'help avifile' to check and set the compression method used. Regards, S:o)nke Dan Song wrote: > > > > Dear sir: > I have read one text posted on the Math Forum about this > problem: When using aviinfo or aviread on an AVI-File(1.3GB) under > Matlab7 R14 I get the following error: ??? Error using ==> > audiovideo\private\findchunk Incorrect chunk size information in > AVI > file. > I also met this problem, and my release is 13, matlab 6.5 . I > am > confused about that, so can you help me to solve that .I wish your > feedback as soon as possible. > > > sincerely. > > > Dan > > ...

Web resources about - Matlab engine with matlab R2010b - comp.soft-sys.matlab

Undocumented Matlab
Undocumented, unsupported and hidden features in Matlab

Matlab Upazila - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... 23°21′N 90°42.5′E  /  23.35°N 90.7083°E  / 23.35; 90.7083 Coordinates : 23°21′N 90°42.5′E  /  23.35°N 90.7083°E  / 23.35; 90.7083 Matlab ...

Open Directory - Science: Math: Software: MATLAB
The MathWorks - Developers of MATLAB, Simulink and Stateflow. Offers products for data analysis, visualization, application development, simulation, ...

MATLAB Mobile on the App Store
Read reviews, compare customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about MATLAB Mobile. Download MATLAB Mobile and enjoy it on your iPhone, ...

The Smart Emergency Response System Using MATLAB and Simulink - YouTube
In the aftermath of an earthquake, every second counts for disaster victims. Imagine a system that can locate people quickly and help first responders ...

The A-Z of Programming Languages: MATLAB
What prompted the development of MATLAB?

Matlab: Invalid .NET Framework. Either the specified framework was not found or is not currently supported ...
If you are trying to compile Matlab into .Net framework, you might encounter this message, even though you have the .Net framework installed ...

Matlab edges closer to electronic design automation world
Matlab, one of the world's most widely used products for algorithmic development, has long occupied its own niche far removed from EDA and hardware ...

Can I/How do I use DMTCP with a parallel pool of MATLAB workers? · Issue #223 · dmtcp/dmtcp · GitHub
dmtcp - DMTCP: Distributed MultiThreaded CheckPointing matlab -nodisplay -r "parpool('local',4); parfor i=1:10, pause(1); fprintf('%i ',i); end; ...

Using MATLAB and SDR to Reverse Engineer 433MHz Messages
... so he focused on studying the methodology and the tools available for analyzing 433MHz RF transmission. He describes the process of using MATLAB ...