Matlab Excel

    You know where I can found  Tutorial  for use
        Do of Matlab  build schedules for Excel?

0
titurbina (6)
5/1/2007 3:48:45 PM
comp.soft-sys.matlab 211266 articles. 14 followers. lunamoonmoon (258) is leader. Post Follow

Locomotiva:
<SNIP being slightly vague...

> You know where I can found Tutorial for use
> Do of Matlab build schedules for Excel?

i'm not sure what you really want/need...
these might be docs to look at

 <http://www.mathworks.com/support/solutions/data/1-17PWC.html?1-17PWC&BB=1>

 <http://www.mathworks.com/support/solutions/data/1-19BU0.html?solution=1-19BU0&BB=1>

 <http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/toolbox/exlink/index.html>

us
0
us1 (8051)

Run Matlab ... from Matlab
Hello, Is there any limitation to run Matlab from Matlab, as a system command, on Linux platforms ? I tried to start Matlab, both using the ! syntax (!matlab&) or the system command (system('matlab&')), the Matlab splash screen appears, but the new Matlab session closes rapidly . When I do the same with a script of mine (system('matlab -r "myscript"&')), my script is being executed, but Matlab finally crashes . If I remove the &, it works well, but the first Matlab session is blocked till I close the second one . I run Matlab on a Linux 64bits platform . Thanks in advance, Nicolas On 10-12-03 01:22 AM, Nicolas wrote: > Is there any limitation to run Matlab from Matlab, as a system command, > on Linux platforms ? > I tried to start Matlab, both using the ! syntax (!matlab&) or the > system command (system('matlab&')), the Matlab splash screen appears, > but the new Matlab session closes rapidly . > When I do the same with a script of mine (system('matlab -r > "myscript"&')), my script is being executed, but Matlab finally crashes . > If I remove the &, it works well, but the first Matlab session is > blocked till I close the second one . > I run Matlab on a Linux 64bits platform . It appears there is a parsing problem in the script that invokes Matlab. Here's an example of what I had to do to get around it: !matlab -r \""...

MATLAB talking to MATLAB?
For my project, I need to have a client program (MATLAB executable) talking to a server program (also MATLAB executable) to query data. Is there any easy way to accomplish that? I appreciate any help that I can get on that. Thanks. Cheers, Hoi Oops, I forgot to mention. There are multiple clients querying the server, so I guess serial objects + remote serial port wouldn't work. "Hoi Wong" <wonghoi.ee@gmail.com_> wrote in message news:f3ald6$gg4$1@news.Stanford.EDU... > For my project, I need to have a client program (MATLAB executable) > talking to a ser...

Excel error 429 when running Matlab magic square example from Matlab builder
Hi, I was working with the Matlab builder magic square example (can be found in matlab builder users guide) in Matlab to compile and build m-files into COM objects for Excel. Essentially, the building process creates a .bas file which can be imported into Visual Basic Editor in MS Excel. In the VB code, the Matlab functions essentially end up being wrapped up inside COM objects and you can invoke these functions in the excel spreadsheet. The example works successfully for output to a single cell. For outputing to multiple cells simultaneously, the code changes a little as a macros are in...

Matlab plots outside Matlab
I'm making an end-user application where I would like to use Matlab functionality both for calculation and plotting. Matlabs GUI builder guide does not satisfy my needs (no support for f.ex. internal frames and other nescessities), so I'm planning to compile my Matlab code and use other API (Java, QT or something) for GUI. My problem is then, that I loose access to the neat plotting commands availible under matlab GUI... Is there a way of integrating Matlabs plot functionality into another GUI system? - has it been done? - I appreciate any response! - P�l Berge ...

DLL creating by Matlab for Matlab
I would like to know if it is possible to convert several M-files into one DLL with Matlab (by using mcc or mex or other functions) and use this DLL with Matlab. How can I do that? I could create DLL with mcc -l xxx.m but I can't use this DLL with Matlab (error: "??? The function, script or class xxx cannot be indexed using {} or . indexing.") I have a project on Matlab with just M-files and I want to give this project to someone who want to use it on Matlab too, but I don't want to give him the source M algorithms. Moreover, I don't want to have an executable....

Excel/Matlab
I was viewing one of the lectures on Matlab website, about using MATLAB to analyse data in excel. However, I notice that the excel toolbar has many MATLAB functions you can call(for data importing). How do I call matlab from excel, and use some of the funtions to pick the data I want. I have searched the forum for this excel topic, but , it is very confusing and does not really hit the nail on hte head. Thank you. ...

Calling Matlab in C in Matlab
Hi everybody! My problem can be described as follows. I have a tool in Matlab that requires calling an optimisation algorithm in C. This algorithm consists of several C-files, one of which contains the function to be minimised (CFUNCTION), and another is the main algorithm file (CMAIN). Now what I want to do is to call Matlab from CFUNCTION or CMAIN and specify my custom function (MFUNCTION) to be minimised. So, I'm calling Matlab from C from Matlab. I'm a newbie in C and MEX files. Should I rewrite CMAIN as a MEX file and include CFUNCTION in this and then use mxCallMATLAB? Or can...

parallel matlab
Hi all, I'm going to work on a project involving a parallel version of MATLAB - I'm aware of various efforts like MATLAB-*P and so on Right now I need to read up on some material regarding MATLAB internals eg: How are the ATLAS(or is it BLAS) routines called in MATLAB? How does MATLAB's C code store information in memory, cache'ing etc? How is one to get at those? Do you know of any suitable reference(s)/resource(s)? Thank you very much, Aravind ...

from Delphi to matlab and matlab to delphi
How to send vars from Delphi to Matlab ? and viceverse, from matlab to delphi ? thanks, it is dificult, and not found answers in the internet. jairo serrano wrote: > > > How to send vars from Delphi to Matlab ? and viceverse, from matlab > to delphi ? thanks, it is dificult, and not found answers in the > internet. When I want to use Matlab variables in another program, I write them to file. You can use comma separated files (csv). Try: > help csvwrite > help dlmwrite Works fine for me. Hope this helps, Niels jairo serrano wrote: > How to send vars from Delphi to Matlab ? and viceverse, from matlab > to delphi ? thanks, it is dificult, and not found answers in the > internet. The simplest is with OLE. Have a look here: - Francis Burton, "Callin Matlab from Delphi" #, 19 Nov 2003 4:27 pm </WebX?50@@.eecb61d> Two sample projects are given here: - <http://www.djpate.freeserve.co.uk/Matlab.htm> From Matlab to Delphi you would have to write a mex files, thats more difficult. Regards, Peter hi i did the connection between delphi4.0 and matlab6.5 and I could cacth the value from Delphi to Matlab but can't to cacth the value from Matlab to Delphi, Do you have an idea??? I think that this project it is look like with yours , Did you make this project? Thanks in Advance, Thiago Holanda jairo serrano wrote: > > > How to send vars from Delphi to Matlab ? and viceverse, from matlab > to delphi ? thanks, it...

Matlab engine with matlab R2010b

MAtlab to Excel
Someone it knows pointing to me how I can do after to have created A schedule in Matlab. M to transform them in VBA for EXCEL, where I can find applications examples,Tutorials. Thank you. Domanda wrote: > > > Someone it knows pointing to me how I can do after to have created > A schedule in Matlab. M to transform them in VBA for EXCEL, > where I can find applications examples,Tutorials. > Thank you. > > > There are many functions available for this purpose. Type "lookfor excel" at the MATLAB command prompt. You can also look at the ExcelLink product and...

Calling Compiled MATLAB from MATLAB
Hello everyone, How do I compile MATLAB M files into a form that can then be called from within the MATLAB interpreter? A roundabout way would seem to be to (somehow) Turn the matlab code into C (I think mcc does this), then compile this C code into MEX format and call that. Is there an easier way? I have the MATLAB compiler, so I just need to know what to do with it to get this to work. Thanks in advance, Sina sina.tootoonian wrote: > > > Hello everyone, > > How do I compile MATLAB M files into a form that can then be called > from within the MATLAB interpreter? A roundabout way would seem to > be > to (somehow) Turn the matlab code into C (I think mcc does this), > then > compile this C code into MEX format and call that. Is there an > easier > way? I have the MATLAB compiler, so I just need to know what to do > with > it to get this to work. > > Thanks in advance, > > Sina > > HELP MEX > HELP MEX Or, better, HELP MCC help pcode pseudo code is useful to obfuscate code - protect algorithms, yet still run at full speed and be distributable to other matlab users sina.tootoonian wrote: > > > Hello everyone, > > How do I compile MATLAB M files into a form that can then be called > from within the MATLAB interpreter? A roundabout way would seem to > be > to (somehow) Turn the matlab code into C (I think mcc does this), > then > compile this C code into MEX format and call that...

from MatLab to Excel
Hi, im trying to transfer data from an Excel sheet to MatLab per SetFullMatrix and getting it back after calculations per GetFullMatrix. And when the matrix size is really big for Excel (f.e. 10000 x 100), it takes ages to transfer data back. Can somebody provide me an excel example or some idea to make it faster? i dont have excel link and excel builder thanks in advance Dmitriy There are many functions in Matlab for interfacing with Excel. But you should respect the format of the function. For example:xlsread, xlswrite, xlsfinfo, wk1read, textread, function_handle. I think you can find which you want. Good luck! Dmitriy Koptyakov wrote: > > > Hi, > > im trying to transfer data from an Excel sheet to MatLab per > SetFullMatrix and getting it back after calculations per > GetFullMatrix. And when the matrix size is really big for Excel > (f.e. > 10000 x 100), it takes ages to transfer data back. Can somebody > provide me an excel example or some idea to make it faster? i dont > have excel link and excel builder > > thanks in advance > Dmitriy Thank You foor your reply but these functions are worthless when the referenced excel file is opened. is it so? and thats what i need. TY Dmitriy Sorry to reply late. I have tried to read a opened Excel file with the function xlsread(), it can work. but unfortunately, the one xlswrite() can not work for a opened Excel file. you should close it at first. Qiao Dmitriy Koptyakov wrote: > ...

What is the best way to import Excel files, with stock data, into Matlab? I’m using Matlab R2010b (64-bit)
What is the best way to import Excel files, with stock data, into Matlab? I’m using Matlab R2010b (64-bit) I’m trying to import historical prices of stock data. Matlab keeps cutting off the header of each column; it gives me only values. I am thinking that this is a data-type-mixing-issue, or whatever it’s called. I have ‘Dates’ in ColumnA, and ‘MSFT’, ‘PWER’, ‘KO’, and ‘SBUX’, in ColumnB-ColumnE. Basically, if I put the Excel file in my Matlab folder and double-click the file, I see the values in a matrix (no dates and no headers), I hit ‘Next’. Then, I see only one option; one radio button is enabled – ‘Create variable matching preview’. The other two options, ‘Create vectors from each column using column names’ and ‘Create vectors from each row using row names’ – both are greyed out. I’ve seen videos, on YouTube and on the Matlab site, where people import excel data and these options are NOT greyed out. No matter what I do, there options are ALWAYS greyed out. The problem is, when I click ‘Finish’ in my ‘Workspace’ I have a variable named ‘data’ all values in a 575x4 matrix, but I have NO DATES and I have NO HEADERS on the columns. All of this seems to go into another variable, called ‘textdata’; all dates and headers ate in textdata. This is VERY inconvenient. I’m trying to analyze some stock data and I have no headers, so I have no idea which stock is which (I can figure it out, but I think Matlab should do this for me). Also, I have no dates corresponding to ...

Excel to MATLAB
Hi, I have a Matlab-programmed model. I want to link this to another software program which does not link directly to Matlab, but can exchange inputs and outputs from Excel. Is it possible that the other program gives output to Excel, which will invoke the Matlab program automatically. The output of the Matlab program will then be given back as Excel output which then transfers some data to the original program. In short, I want Excel to be linking the 2 applications. Regards, Rakib ...

Excel and MATLAB
Hi there Can anybody please help me with the following problem: I want to read a range of values from an excel spreadsheet using a MATLAB function. The user will enter two numbers, say 2 and 10, and these two numbers will form a range. Say these numbers are located in the cells C100 to C108. I would like to know how to display the numbers in those cells, given the input numbers. Thank you, Willem ...

Excel/ MATLAB
How to create an on-line link between MATLAB and Excel? I want to save data generated by a MATLAB file immediately in a spreadsheet file for further analysis. How can this be achieved? Another issue: is it easy to generate an HTML document from within MATLAB? Thanks. look at: <http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/techdoc/matlab_external/matlab_external_example_index.shtml> in particular, look at the section COM/DDE apps and examples re html output: look at the report generator tbx us lucy borrelli wrote: <SNIP wants ML talk to excel and wants to create html ...

matlab in JAVA or java in MATLAB?
Hi guys I am now experencing a great difficulty in the interation between java and matlab. I have an objective function written in JAVA with has method return an numerical number, i call it 'profit'. The nature of this obtive function (ObjFun.java) is that it takes an parameter input, say C, with different C value, the returned profit value is different. Eventually I want to find the optimized C value which produce the maximun profit (C will be under constrains). Initially I want to use linprog or fminsearch in matlab. So I tried the command in matlab that excutes my ObjFun.java. But it failed because my ObjFun.java will call an external .exe file. and the file path contains spaces which is fine by Java but not matlab. I stuck here, I myself is a Java programmer not good at matlab, I can't find any thing on google about the solution to my problem. So here I propose another idea: call matlab function in JAVA. I need some advise on this. Thank you very much for a reply!!! Lemon can anyone give advice?? "Lemon F" <f.lemon.jin@hotmail.com> wrote in message <i3bag7$i96$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > can anyone give advice?? If you would not have double-posted you would have seen that you already received advice (on the other post): http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/newsreader/view_thread/288403 ...

matlab and excel
hi there, i am trying to generate an excel worksheet by runnung an m-file. the problem is that i do not know a way to stop excel from asking quiestions like "a file with the same name already exists, do you want to overwrite it?" is there a way that i can control and answer these questions in the m-file so that the user doesn't have to answer them while the code is running? thanks, M In Visual Basic the command is Application.DisplayAlerts = False ...

Excel In Matlab
Hi, I am reading in an excel file using the command: [A, headertext] = xlsread('File.xls') My numeric values are in A and column names saved in headertext. Now I make my changes and I am trying to use xlswrite to write out the file. My question is, how to incorporate the same column names in headertext while writing out a new excel file? Thanks Suman You'll need to make a cell array containing the string/headers and the numeric data, similar to Example 2 in the doc for xlswrite. So something like, [A, headertext] = xlsread('File.xls'); newA = ..... outputMatrix = ...

Matlab
Hi, for reading from and writing to an Excel file, there are xlsread and xlswrite statements, respectively. Now, is it possible to delete a range in an Excel sheet? I mean, is it possible to erase existing data in a specific range? Does anybody know the trick? "Vladimir Stanojevic" <NOSPAM.v.stanojevic@imperial.ac.uk> wrote in message <fph7i2$7bd$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > Hi, > for reading from and writing to an Excel file, there are > xlsread and xlswrite statements, respectively. > > Now, is it possible to delete a range in an Excel sheet? I...

Spawning matlab from within matlab
Hello all, I would like to spawn multiple matlab processes from an '.m' script. Meaning, run an m-file from a 'parent' Matlab that launches, say, 8 more 'children' matlab processes. I'd like to do it in such a way that the same m-file in the 'parent' is able to close down, or kill, all the 'children' processes. Any suggestions? Joe ...

matlab to matlab remote execution
Hi I have two win PCs running matlab 7. One is slow and other is a high spec fast PC. They are connected to LAN. The directory on fast PC where all matlab work takes place has been mounted as a drive on slow PC. Hence this directory on fast PC can be accessed from slow PC's matlab session. I want to let the user on slow PC run some computationally intense M scripts in his matlab session but execute them on fast PC. I tried usual unix like method. First installed telnet server on fast PC. Then used telnet client on slow PC to log on fast PC. If I attempt to start matlab in slow PC telnet ...

matlab
any one please can help me sploving the following question 1________Given the causal system y[n] =3D 0.9y[n-1] + x[n], find H(z) and sketch the pole-zero plot. See the functions roots.m and zplane.m. 2___ Plot the magnitude and phase of H(z) on the frequency axis from 0 =E2=80=93 =EF=81=B0, or normalized frequency 0 - 1, and label the graphs. S= ee the freqz.m command. hani_al_yazidi@hotmail.com wrote: > any one please can help me sploving the following question > > > 1________Given the causal system > > y[n] = 0.9y[n-1] + x[n], > > find H(z) and sketch the pole-zero plot. See the functions roots.m and > zplane.m. > > 2___ Plot the magnitude and phase of H(z) on the frequency axis from 0 > – , or normalized frequency 0 - 1, and label the graphs. See the > freqz.m command. It looks like homework. State what you tried and what error messages you got and someone who knows Matlab will probably help. We try not to do homework here, but (like gods) we do help those who help themselves. Jerry -- Engineering is the art of making what you want from things you can get. ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯&...

Web resources about - Matlab Excel - comp.soft-sys.matlab

Undocumented Matlab
Undocumented, unsupported and hidden features in Matlab

Matlab Upazila - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... 23°21′N 90°42.5′E  /  23.35°N 90.7083°E  / 23.35; 90.7083 Coordinates : 23°21′N 90°42.5′E  /  23.35°N 90.7083°E  / 23.35; 90.7083 Matlab ...

Open Directory - Science: Math: Software: MATLAB
The MathWorks - Developers of MATLAB, Simulink and Stateflow. Offers products for data analysis, visualization, application development, simulation, ...

MATLAB Mobile on the App Store
Read reviews, compare customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about MATLAB Mobile. Download MATLAB Mobile and enjoy it on your iPhone, ...

The Smart Emergency Response System Using MATLAB and Simulink - YouTube
In the aftermath of an earthquake, every second counts for disaster victims. Imagine a system that can locate people quickly and help first responders ...

The A-Z of Programming Languages: MATLAB
What prompted the development of MATLAB?

Matlab: Invalid .NET Framework. Either the specified framework was not found or is not currently supported ...
If you are trying to compile Matlab into .Net framework, you might encounter this message, even though you have the .Net framework installed ...

Matlab edges closer to electronic design automation world
Matlab, one of the world's most widely used products for algorithmic development, has long occupied its own niche far removed from EDA and hardware ...

Can I/How do I use DMTCP with a parallel pool of MATLAB workers? · Issue #223 · dmtcp/dmtcp · GitHub
dmtcp - DMTCP: Distributed MultiThreaded CheckPointing matlab -nodisplay -r "parpool('local',4); parfor i=1:10, pause(1); fprintf('%i ',i); end; ...

Using MATLAB and SDR to Reverse Engineer 433MHz Messages
... so he focused on studying the methodology and the tools available for analyzing 433MHz RF transmission. He describes the process of using MATLAB ...