Matlab - Excel

Hi,
for reading from and writing to an Excel file, there are
xlsread and xlswrite statements, respectively.

Now, is it possible to delete a range in an Excel sheet? I
mean, is it possible to erase existing data in a specific
range?
Does anybody know the trick?

comp.soft-sys.matlab 211266 articles. 14 followers. lunamoonmoon (258) is leader. Post Follow

"Vladimir Stanojevic" <NOSPAM.v.stanojevic@imperial.ac.uk>
wrote in message <fph7i2$7bd$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> Hi,
> for reading from and writing to an Excel file, there are
> xlsread and xlswrite statements, respectively.
>
> Now, is it possible to delete a range in an Excel sheet?
> mean, is it possible to erase existing data in a specific
> range?
> Does anybody know the trick?

i guess if your data was of a specific type, you could read
it all in, delete the data you didn't want in matlab, and
then overwrite the file. however, this sounds like a job
for microsoft's vba scripting language. you could just
write a good macro to do the same thing -- this doesn't
sound like a job for matlab unfortunately.
0
ian.clarkson (104)