Matlab-graph text font size and enlarging window size automatically

Hi,

I'm plotting three subplots on one figure and the labels (x and y and
title) are all intefering with each other. How can I enlarge the
window that appears (without manually using the maximize button) or
reduce the text size or make sure the text doesnt overlap?

Also on a seperate note if I want to make an if statement that makes
sure a value is an integer how can I do that??

i.e

if num isnt integer
    num = 1
end

Thanks in advance

Dan

in edit, file object properties you can change the size and the font
of every label and title.
For the other question, I don't know
John

Daniel Jones wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm plotting three subplots on one figure and the labels (x and y
> and
> title) are all intefering with each other. How can I enlarge the
> window that appears (without manually using the maximize button) or
> reduce the text size or make sure the text doesnt overlap?
>
> Also on a seperate note if I want to make an if statement that
> makes
> sure a value is an integer how can I do that??
>
> i.e
>
> if num isnt integer
> num = 1
> end
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Dan
Thanks John,

That works for the current figure but I want the same font size to be
used everytime the script file produces the plots. When a new figure
is created the font sizes etc all change back. Any ideas?

Cheers

Dan

John wrote:

> Hi,
>
> in edit, file object properties you can change the size and the
> font
> of every label and title.
> For the other question, I don't know
> John
>
> Daniel Jones wrote:
>>

>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm plotting three subplots on one figure and the labels (x and
>> and
>> title) are all intefering with each other. How can I enlarge
the
>> window that appears (without manually using the maximize
button)
> or
>> reduce the text size or make sure the text doesnt overlap?
>>
>> Also on a seperate note if I want to make an if statement that
>> makes
>> sure a value is an integer how can I do that??
>>
>> i.e
>>
>> if num isnt integer
>> num = 1
>> end
>>
>> Thanks in advance
>>
>> Dan
In your script you can specify all the properties that you want. For
instance, for the title, after plot,
TITLE('text','Property1',PropertyValue1,'Property2',PropertyValue2,...
)

Example:
figure, title('prueba','FontSize',18)

And so on for the axes.
Byes

Daniel Jones wrote:

> Thanks John,
>
> That works for the current figure but I want the same font size to
> be
> used everytime the script file produces the plots. When a new
> figure
> is created the font sizes etc all change back. Any ideas?
>
> Cheers
>
> Dan
>
> John wrote:
>>

>> Hi,
>>
>> in edit, file object properties you can change the size and the
>> font
>> of every label and title.
>> For the other question, I don't know
>> John
>>
>> Daniel Jones wrote:
>>>

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I'm plotting three subplots on one figure and the labels (x
> and
>>> and
>>> title) are all intefering with each other. How can I
enlarge
> the
>>> window that appears (without manually using the maximize
> button)
>> or
>>> reduce the text size or make sure the text doesnt overlap?
>>>
>>> Also on a seperate note if I want to make an if statement
> that
>>> makes
>>> sure a value is an integer how can I do that??
>>>
>>> i.e
>>>
>>> if num isnt integer
>>> num = 1
>>> end
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance
>>>
>>> Dan
Entering 'FontSize',18 in the brackets returns the error message:

??? Error using ==> currentAxesChanged
Too many input arguments.

??? Error using ==> set
Error occurred while evaluating listener callback.

Any ideas??

Cheers Dan

Daniel Jones wrote:
> Thanks John,
>
> That works for the current figure but I want the same font size to be
> used everytime the script file produces the plots. When a new figure
> is created the font sizes etc all change back. Any ideas?

Adjust the default values for the figure Position property and text FontSize
property.  Click on any of the objects here:

http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/techdoc/infotool/hgprop/doc_frame.shtml

and select the appropriate link at the top of the frame describing the
properties.

--
Steve Lord
slord@mathworks.com

0
slord (13689)
5/4/2004 1:03:48 PM
Steven Lord wrote:

> Daniel Jones wrote:
>> Thanks John,
>>
>> That works for the current figure but I want the same font size
> to be
>> used everytime the script file produces the plots. When a new
> figure
>> is created the font sizes etc all change back. Any ideas?
>
> Adjust the default values for the figure Position property and text
> FontSize
> property. Click on any of the objects here:
>
> <http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/techdoc/infotool/hgprop/doc_frame.shtml>
>
> and select the appropriate link at the top of the frame describing
> the
> properties.
>
> --
> Steve Lord
> slord@mathworks.com

You may also have to specify the font type, as the standard one can
not be smaller than 8 pt.
Since you have interferences with the labels, I guess you want the
font size to be smaller so change the font type to e.g. 'Palatino'.

Pls. correct me if this problem is not existent any more with the
current version or another OS than Windoof...

how to enlarge the font size in matlab R2009b help window in a 64bit windows vista Home Premium environment
Hi eveyone, Just got a problem of changing the font size in matlab help window(the right hand side content window), they appear to be very small. My Matlab is R2009b and runs in a 64bit windows vista Home Premium environment. Thanks for paying attention!!! go to Preference->Fonts->Custom->HTML Proportional Text circle Custom, and select a larger font size problem solved "Bingqi Wang" <bing.wang09@imperial.ac.uk> wrote in message <hm4ksl$f1f$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > Hi eveyone, > > Just got a problem of changing the font size in matlab help wind...

change matlab workspace font size and editor font size
dear all I wish to change the workspace font size and the editor font size. How do I do it? Thanks in advance, Thanks I have the suggestion in another question posted earlier. "langtran" <lang.tran@iom-world.org> wrote in message news:7795881.1207239680638.JavaMail.jakarta@nitrogen.mathforum.org... > dear all > I wish to change the workspace font size and the editor font size. How do > I do it? > Thanks in advance, Open the Preference window using the Preferences menu item on the File menu. There is a Fonts item in the Preferences that will let ...

How to change font size and window size for a pop-up Message Window?
Hello, I am trying to display a very important message to alert our tester or any user when there is an emergency and they have to stop the test they are doing. I really desire to use larger message window/fonts to do this.I have tried Display Message To User and converted it to SubVI, but no luck yet. I thought SubVI might work. But when it's displayed, the original Pop-up Message Window sat right on the SubVI panel. When I then clicked OK to close the Message Window, it closed the SubVI panel as well.Are Text Indicator and its Visible Node the only way to make this happen? If yes, could ...

Changing the font size of matlab's help window
This is a dumb question but I can't findthe answer anywhere. How can I change the size of the font in the right side (the content side) of MATLAB's help window? In R2008b in a MacbookPro the text size is very very small. Thanks, Val Just a confirmation that this is a problem on MacBook Pro and I can't fix it either. Help, please. Andrew I found this on another thread, this might help: "okay, I found the 'solution'. Making an appropriate change to: Preferences Font > Custom HTML Proportional Text Setting it to something larger fixed the problem! " ...

How to make sure that font style/size in graphics matches with text font/size?
Hi, I'm writing my phd thesis with pdfLaTeX (KOMA script package with "standard" serif fonts, 11 pt) and now have to create technical drawings, schemes and diagrams. (My thesis is about engineering, so there will have to be some technical drawings and sketches, flow charts and schemes, fotos and many many graphs... I'm writing on a PowerBook with OS X, but am also working on a PC with Windows XP.) I'm not sure what software to use to create (vector) graphics and how to ensure that font size and style look good with the text of the document... Should the text in the grap...

Changing text size in Matlab GUI
I need the code to change the text font size in GUI. Not that kind where u can just change by clicking on the property inspector for eg, of a button or pop up menu. Thnks! Angel, My suggestion as follow - set(handles.listbox_FileList,'FontSize',20); NOte: listbox_FileList is the Tag of my list box. And 20 is the font size number. regards, elaine Angel wrote: > > > I need the code to change the text font size in GUI. Not that kind > where u can just change by clicking on the property inspector for > eg, > of a button or pop up menu. > Thnks! ...

Adjusting font-size for system font-size
In Windows XP, there's an accessability wizard that allows the user to change the font size for readability. There's probably something similar in other operating systems. I think it would be a nice thing to do for any users with large system font sizes to detect that and offer up an alternative stylesheet. I don't know how to approach this, though, and I'm sure it involves more than CSS. Is it possible to detect this setting? Ian -- http://www.bookstacks.org/ On Sun, 08 Aug 2004 22:53:45 GMT, Ian <blank@blank.com> wrote: >I think it would be a nice th...

Matlab 7: Font size problem
Dear readers, In Matlab 7 can't I figure out how to change the font size for the help text, that is in the right plane to the "help navigator". Changing the font size for "help navigator" is no problem. Can anyone help me? Hugs, Louise If you want to change the font for all "non-code" areas in the desktop including the Help navigator and the Help display pane, go to the File menu -> Preferences. Click on "Fonts" in the tree. Change the font in the area labled "Desktop Text Font". If you want to change just the Help display pa...

matlab 7 Gui font size
I wrote the matlab GUI code in matlab6.5 which works fine, and now want to run it in matlab7. The problem is the font size on GUI page running in matlab 7 looks much much smaller than the size I defined in matlab6.5. Did somebody have the same experience? How did you fix it? Thanks ...

Setting font sizes in Matlab plots
I am trying to fix the font size in the figures of our paper size 9. Currently, I am using: set(0,'DefaultAxesFontName', 'Times New Roman') set(0,'DefaultAxesFontSize', 9) set(0,'DefaultAxesLineWidth',1) set(0,'DefaultLineLineWidth',1) set(0,'DefaultTextFontname', 'Times New Roman') set(0,'DefaultTextFontSize', 9) at the beginning of the code. However, when the image at the end is saved as a .tif using: print -dtiff -r650 Filename the final image produces font sizes smaller than that specified in the code above. D...

Matlab Tick Label Font Size
Hi There, I'm using MATLAB 2014a on Ubuntu and I have not been able to change the size of the text for axis tick marks. I have tried the following command and verified that it works on matlab 2013a on Windows: set(gca,'fontsize',14) Is this a problem with my OS or something to do with this version of MATLAB? Thanks in advance for your help! I've looked at a number of threads and have yet to find a solution that works. ...

Matlab-plotting-font size of scale on axes
Hi, I need to be able to define the size text of the numbers on the axes of a graph. i.e 5I I 4I I 3I I 2I I 1I I 0I-------------- 1 2 3 4 5----SIZE OF THESE NUMBERS??? ANY IDEAS?? Thanks in advance Dan Daniel Jones wrote: > > > Hi, > > I need to be able to define the size text of the numbers on the > axes > of a graph. > > i.e > > 5I > I > 4I > I > 3I > I > 2I > I > 1I > I > 0I-------------- > 1 2 3 4 5----SIZE OF THESE NUMBERS??? > > ANY IDEAS?? > > Thanks in advance > > Dan Read the help on th...

matlab font size problem in Fedora 12
Hi everyone, I have Matlab installed in my Fedora 12. But one problem with the plotting is that the font size does not change as I want. For example: xlabel('x','fontsize',3) and xlabel('x','fontsize',10) will give the same font size. Does anybody know how to make it right? Thanks. "Lijun " <lijunix@gmail.com> wrote in message <hrcl59$e18$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > Hi everyone, > > I have Matlab installed in my Fedora 12. But one problem with the plotting is that the font size does not change as I want. For ex...

font-size starting size
Hello, I just joined this group and saw the discussion "What do you think of resizing 1em to 10px?" I am somewhat confused by what y'all think should be used as a reference size. I was surprised that someone actually suggested ems as a reference. Ems are relative to a selected point size, the width in points of a capital M. If no point size is given, what size does an em become? The browser obviously must decide. Also setting the body text to 62.5% is, well, stupid. % of what? I should *assume* 16 pixels? Bad thinking. And not my experience with browsers. ...

Font size and plot size.
Using version 7.1, I have a plot that I make and it looks fine. I put a title on the plot it looks fine. The boss wants the font of the title and x and y labels bigger, so I set(0,'DefaultTextFontSize',24); set(0,'DefaultAxisFontSize',24); as the first 2 lines of my m file. Now the plot looks like hell because the title is clipped. Why isn't matlab 'smart enough' to figure out that it needs to make the plot smaller? What do I need to do to not have the title clipped? (new boss and/or smaller font size are not viable options :-) Bruce -- +-------------...

Matlab's figure and font size in Latex
Hello folks, I am writing a paper and I want to put Matlab figures in the paper. I certainly want to have all figures in my paper to have same dimension and font size. However, this is not happening. Matlab's eps saved files have different sizes based on the monitor resolution and the figure GUI size. Is there anyway to have a standardized saved eps file, regardless of monitor and GUI resolution ? For example, I want all my figures to have font 12 and size 4x4 inches. I look forward to hearing from you, ...

How can I enlarge font size in the command window in R2010b?
This may be silly, but I can't find the way to change the font size in the command window. I just installed the newer version of Matlab and the font is so tiny I can't work. Anyone know? thank you Michal On 3/15/2011 3:59 AM, Michal wrote: > This may be silly, but I can't find the way to change the font size in the command window. > I just installed the newer version of Matlab and the font is so tiny I can't work. > Anyone know? > thank you > Michal May be File>Preferences->Fonts --Nasser thank you! "Nasser M. Abbasi" <nma@12000.org&...

Preferred Size, Minimum Size, Size
I'm a little confused when I should use the various JComponent methods: setPreferredSize, setMinimumSize and setSize. From what I can tell: setPreferredSize(Dimension) - This is (obviously) the preferred size of the component. As far as I can tell, this is used to determine what size the component should be when pack() is used. setMinimumSize - The component cannot be any smaller than this. setSize - Set the current size (hard value). What I'm confused about is... 1. When I should use each method. 2. Currently, when I resize a frame, the JTextBoxes will resize for part of the ti...

Really really confused: Matlab's tricky window behavior on Linux, Windows 2000 and Window XP (was: why my matlab program on Linux and Windows XP behave so differently?)
"gino" <mizhael@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:cd5a6s$due$1@news.Stanford.EDU... > Hi folks, > > The matlab program is supposed to be cross platform compatible. Since matlab > uses Java, it should behave the same for the GUI to display on Windows XP > and Linux. But now, the GUI window was completely random showing on Linux > and on Windows XP. Manu UI control components are off their place. If I fix > this problem on Linux, the the UI controls will be off their place on > Windows; if I fix this problem on Windows, then the UI controls will be off >...

Font size in text Field and text Area
I am using swing. I want to reduce the size of the font in text areas and text fields to fit more in. Is there an easy to do this?? Mark On Sun, 14 Sep 2003 23:42:15 GMT, "Mark and Ingrid Nugent" <nugget@in.com.au> wrote or quoted : >I am using swing. I want to reduce the size of the font in text areas and >text fields to fit more in. Is there an easy to do this?? see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/font.html You can setFont individually, or change the LAF. -- Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green. Coaching, problem solving, economical contract programming. See http://m...

font size relative to "top level" font size

Figures captions font size bigger than font size used in document
Hi, I would kindly appreciate some help if someobody could show me (if it is possible - ???) how to give a figure a caption text of the same size that is used on the text of the hole document currently set to footnotesize. While placing caption to figures the caption text is of the size "normalsize" and it is desired to have a caption with font size "footnotesize" Many work arounds were tried with the following commands, \floatingfigure \includegraphics \epsfig \minipage the web was searched and some books consulted with out success Best Regards On Tue, 24 Jan 2006 0...

Question about Matlab's implementation of Welch PSD when window size is larger than NFFT
Hi, when I looked into Matlab's PWELCH function, I noticed something that I don't understand. % Suppose we have some data x which has 1000 samples. x = randn(1000,1); % And we use a window of size 200. nWin = 200; window = hamming(nWin); % Now we also specify nFFT to 128 nFFT = 128; % what Matlab's PWELCH does, is like the following: % grab one frame oneFrame = x(1:nWin); % apply the window; oneFrameWindowed = window.*oneFrame; % datawrap it. WHY SUM but not MEAN? oneFrameWindowedWrapped = sum(buffer(x,nFFT),2); % compute periodogram for one frame.... e...

Window size to adjust to content size
For reasons I won't go into I'm popping up windows with a standard routine for many different forms. The window I pop open is hard coded to a certain size. Some of the windows are too small for their content, some too big depending on the size of the form. Is there a way, once I'm inside the popup window and after it is displaying it's contents, to determin the width and height of the form within the window? If I put a named <div> around it could I then access theses dimensions? I know how to make the window resize itself, just not sure how to determine the new size. Than...

Web resources about - Matlab-graph text font size and enlarging window size automatically - comp.soft-sys.matlab

Facebook Users Automatically Checked In To Events They RSVPed Yes To
A reader tipped us off that Facebook is automatically checking in users at events that they RSVPed they would attend. continued… New Career ...

Now Users Can Remove Contacts Automatically Saved by Facebook’s Friend Finder
Two weeks ago, many Facebook users began asking questions about curiously good recommendations suddenly appearing in Facebook’s “People You May ...

App Store - Attachments.me- Gmail inbox software to efficiently manage emails, automatically send/upload ...
Get Attachments.me- Gmail inbox software to efficiently manage emails, automatically send/upload files to cloud storage(Dropbox, Box, and G Drive), ...

Automatically organize your desktop icons into shaded areas called Fences! - YouTube
Fences® is the most popular desktop organization tool used by millions of users worldwide. Create shaded areas called "fences" to automatically ...

Lesbian mothers to be automatically recognised on birth certificates in SA - AdelaideNow Search Search ...
BOTH lesbian mothers will be recognised on their child’s birth certificate — not just the woman who gives birth — under changes approved by Parliament’s ...

Optus switches on customers' global roaming automatically
Optus has begun automatically switching on global roaming for many of its mobile customers, the latest move in an increasing trend that has consumer ...

Emailing porn at work not automatically sackable, court finds
Australia's federal court has upheld a ruling that emailing pornography in the workplace is not automatically a sackable offence.

Shazam iPhone app now listens for music, TV shows automatically
Shazam has updated its iPhone app to tag songs, TV shows and more on its own, no longer requiring users to open the app and tap a button.

App of the day: Human for iPhone automatically tracks your movements
Human for the iPhone is an activity tracker that automatically distinguishes between different types of movement.