MATLAB Image Acquisition Toolbox with 1394 camera -PGR Bumblebee2

Has anyone used the CMU driver ( http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~iwan/1394/downloads/index.html
) on Windows Xp for the Bumblebee2 camera ( www.ptgrey.com/products/bumblebee2/index.asp
) for image data acquisition in MATLAB ?
comp.soft-sys.matlab 207312 articles. 1 followers. lunamoonmoon (258) is leader. Post Follow

Mapping Toolbox: polybool issues
I'm having issues with the polybool function in the Mapping Toolbox. I am trying to find the unions of large numbers of polygons, some of which are disjoint. If I understand the help for this function, that should be ok because individual polygons are separated by NaNs in a list form. I'm using (on a Linux machine) Matlab Version 6.1.0.450 Release 12.1 Mapping Toolbox Version 1.2 (R12.1) 22-May-2000 This works fine for the union of two disjoint polygons, but not for more. The following example shows what I mean: px1 = [0.0 0.2 0.2 0.0 0.0]'; py1 = [0.0 0.0 0.2 0.2 0.0]'...

MATLAB's SOUND() function in C
Is there a way to implement MATLAB's sound function under C? For those who don't use MATLAB, it's essentially a simplistic, static, mono sound function that converts a series a numbers into a sound at a given sampling rate. nothing fancy. all the Sound APIs begin by discussing all the fancy drivers and buffers and crazy shit i don't really care about. Thanks. In article <1151779016.882805.282580@d56g2000cwd.googlegroups.com>, sluox@yahoo.com wrote: > Is there a way to implement MATLAB's sound function under C? > > For those who don'...

How do you do ARIMA in matlab?
Hi, (Sorry for cross-posting) I am clueless w.r.t using matlab for time series. I have a time series and I would like to make estimates of future using the past. How do I develop a ARIMA(p,q,r) model in Matlab. Thanx a lot Vamsi help armax (system identification toolbox) /Johan Bala Vamsi Tatavarthy wrote: > Hi, > (Sorry for cross-posting) > I am clueless w.r.t using matlab for time series. I have a time series > and I would like to make estimates of future using the past. How do I > develop a ARIMA(p,q,r) model in Matlab. > > Thanx a lot > > Vamsi > ...

Cannot open *.fig files from MATLAB 2008b in MATLAB 2014a
Like in subject, I cannot open figures made in MATLAB 2008b in MATLAB 2014a environment. Scenario: copy *.fig files from 2008b environment into 2014a, set paths with subfolders, try to open *.fig in 2014a. I would like to have a confirmation if it is compatibility problem or not. Here is the answer form MATLAB in Command Window java.lang.ClassCastException: [D cannot be cast to [Ljava.lang.String; at com.mathworks.toolbox.matlab.guide.LayoutEditor.completed(LayoutEditor.java:2217) at com.mathworks.toolbox.matlab.guide.LayoutEditor$ReadFigureCompleted.completed(LayoutEditor.java...

Symbolic toolbox
Hello is there any way (function, parameter) how to convert output from symbolic toolbox operations to be formated for element-by-element operations? ./ .^ .* ? (just to add the dot in front of the operation) I know, I can use find and replace function, but it take some time. Some function doing this conversion would be helpful. :-) Michal "Michal Lukac" <michal.lukac@fstroj.uniza.sk> wrote in message news:jqsep6$qgi$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com... > Hello is there any way (function, parameter) how to convert output from > symbolic toolbox operations to be ...

How to create a DLL for LabVIEW in MatLab
I want to use MatLab-Code from an M-file in LabView without MatLab. So i decide to use external code in a DLL. Can anybody give me some hints - how to do? (How to create, how to use?) Used System Windows 98, LabVIEW 6.1, MatLab 6.1 R12.1 Thanks Hi, I use Matlab-Code in Labview and it's don't need create a dll. The LV was a tool, matlab script, you can write your code Matlab here. see the examples of LV.I think the lV 6.1 have. Dll it's very complicated :D I would like to use LabVIEW !without MatLab. If i use these solution i need MatLab too. I've investigated and i think ...

MATLAB mistaken a structure with a figure
I have some *data* structure S that I save in matfile save xxx.mat -struct s With V 2014B I get the warning message Warning: Figure is saved in D:\Documents\MATLAB\XXX.mat. Loading this file recreates and displays the figure and its contents. Refer to save for more information. K>> [~, b] = lastwarn b = MATLAB:Figure:FigureSavedToMATFile It looks like MATLAB mistaken my data with a figure. This works fine under 2014A and previous. Annoying. Some how I feel I will have a lot of works to do to adapt my codes for the new release 2014B. Bruno ...

Streamlines in Matlab
Hi guys, I am very new to matlab, so any help at all would be very much appreciated. I am attempting to plot the streamlines for a streamfunction with contour lines: C (=constant) = y/3 - 3y/ [(x- 3/2)^2 + y^2] Would anybody be able to help me with this? Thank you very much for your time. On Feb 21, 3:59=A0am, ben <bl...@ic.ac.uk> wrote: > Hi guys, > > I am very new to matlab, so any help at all would be very much appreciate= d. I am attempting to plot the streamlines for a streamfunction with contou= r lines: > > C (=3Dconstant) =3D =A0y/3 - =A03y/ [(x- 3/2)^2 =...

Obtain error message from MATLAB engine
Hi, I use the MATLAB engine to control MATLAB from a custom C program. Everything works fine, I can open the engine and send commands via engEvalString(). However, I would like to how to retrieve the error message from MATLAB if the sent command caused an error. I managed to obtain the output of valid commands through engOutputBuffer(), but it appears that error messages are _not_ placed in the output buffer. But surely it must be somehow possible to come by them? Hi John, How about using engEvalString() to execute the lasterror MATLAB function? That's all I can see. I used the COM ser...

20 New MATLAB and Simulink based books #2
As you may know, The MathWorks Book Program supports authors and publishers that develop books that utilize MATLAB or any products developed by The MathWorks. We are pleased to announce the addition of 20 new titles to our web site. Below is the list of new titles, separated by category. For more information about these titles, or to learn more about the MathWorks Book Program, please visit our web site at: <http://www.mathworks.com/support/books> - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - COMMUNICATIONS Title: Detection and Estimation Theory and Its ...

Problem with Modelsim 6.5 and Matlab/Simulink 2012a version
Sir, I'm using Matlab 2012a (32 bit) in my Windows 7 (64 bit) os and Altera web edition 9.1 (32bit)and Modelsim 6.5b (bit). When I tried to RUN MATLAB EXAMPLE: Verifying Viterbi Decoder Using ModelSim or Creating an FPGA Domain Model (dxpcSGIO301servo_fpga ) I got Warning: ModelSim Altera edition is not supported by HDL Verifier > In hdlsim>l_ParseVsimVersion at 1068 In hdlsim>l_GetModelSimLibInfo at 527 In hdlsim at 115 In vsim at 106 AND: at Modelsim: # ** Error: (vsim-FLI-3155) The FLI is not enabled in this version of ModelSim. # ** Error: (vsim-F...

Calculate the size will take compressed image in LittleEndian
Hello, In our application we allow to burn retreived study from the pacs to a cd making a dicomdir, this images are retrieved with jpeglossless transfer syntax. Following the indications of the ihe PDI profile, that indicates that the images of a dicomdir burnt in a cd has to be in Explicit LittleEndian transform syntax, we transform the images to Little Endian transfer syntax. The problem is that the images when are transformed to Little endian increase its size, and sometimes after transform the images, these images exceeds the size of a cd, and the dicomdir can't be burnt...

matlab pool
may i knw what is batch job, matlab pool in parallel computing I am sorry, but I think you need to be a bit more specific in your question. Did you look in the documentation before you asked this question? --DA "Daniel Armyr" <firstname@lastname.se> wrote in message <ghj5it$g1n$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > I am sorry, but I think you need to be a bit more specific in your question. Did you look in the documentation before you asked this question? > > --DA In R2006b , there havn't give any information regarding matlab pool or batchjob in the documentatio...

Need to know how to use Parameter estimation using GA toolbox #2
Hi, I'm in learning GA, I need to solve on of my problem I have a dataset of 136 records, I need to use my first 91 records to estimate/forcast the next 45 records, & my fitness function is to minimize the Rootmean square error After that I need to estimate some of the parameters like Maximum deviation,Aveerage error etc. Can anyone tell me how to feed my problem in GA direct searchtool box. Thanks! SAI. ...

General Java Matlab lib questions
Am somewhat of a Matlab noob and I have some general questions, maybe someone could comment: - Can I write a Java app that could take as input the following: - Data from an external source (say a database) that represents Matlab variables (like matrices) - A string that represents a Matlab expression that is a function of these variables And then produce the output of the expression, in the form of a matrix or a scalar. In other words, is it possible to parse a string that represents a Matlab expression and execute the expression in the Matlab environment from Java? ...

Silicon Image SATARaid SI-3512 Problems
Hello, I would be very grateful if anyone could help me diagnose my disk problem. I have a Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro motherboard with a Silicon Image SATARaid SI-3512 chip on board running two WD Server Edition SATA hard drives. Just recently one of the drives has started to click, very briefly slow and spin up on the odd occasion. I am having difficulty in working out whether it is because of the RAID chip or a dodgy drive, and if the latter, which of my 2 drives to replace (they are 1 month old). I suspect it is the Channel 1 device that needs replacing, but I am not too sure, as...

matlab and differential equation
write a program to show the variation of time constant with change in the capacitance of a seried RC circuit(first order system).Also plot voltage across capacitor vs time. avnish gaurav wrote: > write a program to show the variation of time constant with change in the capacitance of > a seried RC circuit(first order system).Also plot voltage across capacitor vs time. I already did that, and I turned it in on time for my high-school programming course in 1977. Were you hoping for a copy of my punch-cards ? The print has faded badly on them, but you should be okay if you can sight-read...

parallel matlab
Hi all, I'm going to work on a project involving a parallel version of MATLAB - I'm aware of various efforts like MATLAB-*P and so on Right now I need to read up on some material regarding MATLAB internals eg: How are the ATLAS(or is it BLAS) routines called in MATLAB? How does MATLAB's C code store information in memory, cache'ing etc? How is one to get at those? Do you know of any suitable reference(s)/resource(s)? Thank you very much, Aravind ...

Projecting 2d image on 3d object
Greetings, I recall seeing a recent Mathematica write-up that described how to project an arbitrary 2D image -- say a photo on a person -- onto a 3D object, such as cube, sphere, etc. I'm curious if anyone can refer me to some code snippet that illustrates this technique. Thanks Mark I think that the mma command you would like to use is Texture. Kevin On 10/28/2011 5:39 AM, Mark Coleman wrote: > Greetings, > > I recall seeing a recent Mathematica write-up that described how to > project an arbitrary 2D image -- say a photo on a person -- onto a 3D >...

Making GUI's in matlab?
Is it possible to make GUI like the ones on this link (bottom of page): http://visl.technion.ac.il/projects/2004s05/ saneman wrote: > Is it possible to make GUI like the ones on this link (bottom of page): > > http://visl.technion.ac.il/projects/2004s05/ "...was developed in a Matlab 6.5,..." would seem to answer the question? -- Yes of course. First try a simple button with a callback fnc (help uicontrol).... Ale -- Alessandro Mura Istituto Nazionale di Astrofisica - IFSI http://pptt4.ifsi-roma.inaf.it/~mura/index.html http://www.alessandromu...

My own wavelet in Matlab
I've got a problem: i want to make my own wavelet from template, but don't really know how to do that. The goal of making my own wavelet is to use it for patern detection. Currently, i use pat2cwav and add a newly crated wavelet via wavemngr, but i get really confusing results and it seems to me, that it's because i do smth wrong. So, that's what i've done by this time: I've made a pattern using Morlet wavelet equation. My pattern consists of 100 dots and looks absolutely like a Morlet wavelet. Then, i recalculated my pattern using [psi,xval,nc] = pat2cwav(Y, 'oth...

Matlab GUI #35
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=231890073597529&set=a.189231197863417.41143.100003296140487&type=1&theater I wanted to create a gui using matlab, which is supposed to look lyk the pic above.. wanted to know, is it possible to have the desire text in a text box? secondly, will it be possible for me to get them scrolled down too ?? i learned about textboxes and annotations too..but i dont think they'll work here. can it all be possible with matlab gui or i'll have to switch over to another language? ...

(To MATLAB Experts)Using Fuzzy Logic Toolbox in Java
Hello to All, I m doing my MS thesis which is related to "Neuro-Fuzzy Control of Hexapod". I m using JAVA to control it. To apply fuzzy controller I want to use MATLAB built in functions availible in "Fuzzy Logig Toolbox" in Java like newfis, addvar, addmf, addrule, evalfis etc. I know that it can be done using "MATLAB Builder for Java" and I also created a package (.jar file) using Java Builder. The IDE I m using for Java is JBuilder 2005. It is successfully importing the package and recognizing all the Fuzzy Logic Toolbox functions, but I don't know wh...

run a mathcad file through matlab
hi everyone, It would be great if someone can suggest me a way to run or call a mathcad file through matlab. I have been trying to do that for one of my projects were i have to integrate mathcad and fortran files and run it through matlab. I am successful for the frotran file but have no idea how to go about mathcad. kindly help. Thanks "Topu " <gg68@drexel.edu> wrote in message <fpiadm$osk$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > hi everyone, > > It would be great if someone can suggest me a way to run or > call a mathcad file through matlab. > > I have been ...

Best software to draw images and plots usable in LATEX ?
What is the best software on Unix to draw images/plots that are usable in latex (without any grainy images)? Sourabh schrieb: > What is the best software on Unix to draw images/plots that are usable > in latex (without any grainy images)? I don't know about "best", but I like xfig for images and gnuplot for plots. Both export to EPS (and LaTeX), gnuplot can also export to the xfig-format. Harry -- When you are in it up to your ears, keep your mouth shut. On Mon, 7 Jun 2004, Sourabh wrote: > What is the best software on Unix to draw images/plots that are usabl...