matlab output question

Hi,
  I have a matlab question:
  Suppose I want to output to a file with the following format:

"190" r2pos "219"
"193" r2pos "220"
"202" r2pos "203"
"205" r2pos "216"
"207" r2pos "226"
"229" r2pos "230"
"236" r2pos "237"
  The two columns of numbers are recorded in the variables x and y. I
use fprintf but can not get the " symbol in the file. Does any body
know how to do this?

  Thanks.
  Jane

try this :

x=190;
y=219;
fprintf('"%d" r2pos "%d"',x,y)

J�r�me
0
dutmatlab (3797)
7/28/2005 6:30:51 AM
Thus spake <Jane>:

> Hi,
>   I have a matlab question:
>   Suppose I want to output to a file with the following format:
>
> "190" r2pos "219"
> "193" r2pos "220"
> "202" r2pos "203"
> "205" r2pos "216"
> "207" r2pos "226"
> "229" r2pos "230"
> "236" r2pos "237"
>   The two columns of numbers are recorded in the variables x and y. I
> use fprintf but can not get the " symbol in the file. Does any body
> know how to do this?
>
>   Thanks.
>   Jane

Try:

tmpl=['"' '%d' '"' ' r2pos "' '%d' '"\n' ];
fprintf(tmpl,[x; y])

/PB

--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally
read text.

PB, you've helped me in the past and I appreciate it a
lot, so please don't take this as a personal criticism.

Top posting is only annoying if you aren't used to e-mails,
particularly those sent by Outlook and the like.

If you have been following a particular thread, you know
what's taken place already anyway. I find it more
difficult to scroll down somewhere down below, spot where
the ">>"s stop and read the particular reply.

Not saying you should change your way. Just presenting
a different point of view... or something like that.

cheers
Bull Dog

PB wrote:
> --
> A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally
> read text.
> Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
> A: Top-posting.

ku.oc.balrs (108)
7/28/2005 3:01:33 PM
Bull Dog wrote:
> Sorry guys, this isn't exactly to do with MATLAB, but
> is a reply to a reply:
>
> PB, you've helped me in the past and I appreciate it a
> lot, so please don't take this as a personal criticism.
>
> Top posting is only annoying if you aren't used to e-mails,
> particularly those sent by Outlook and the like.
>
> If you have been following a particular thread, you know
> what's taken place already anyway. I find it more
> difficult to scroll down somewhere down below, spot where
> the ">>"s stop and read the particular reply.
>
> Not saying you should change your way. Just presenting
> a different point of view... or something like that.
>
> cheers
> Bull Dog
>
> PB wrote:
>
>>--
>>A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally
>>read text.
>>Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
>>A: Top-posting.
>>Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet and in e-mail?

Top-posting has nothing to do with outlook or the like.  You can change
the settings to start replies at the bottom.  And if the post is getting
long, you should learn to snip as needed.  Again, just a reply to a
reply to a reply.  Whether you top-post or not, at least you quote which
is more than a lot of people.

Bull Dog wrote:
> Sorry guys, this isn't exactly to do with MATLAB, but
> is a reply to a reply:
>
> PB, you've helped me in the past and I appreciate it a
> lot, so please don't take this as a personal criticism.
>
> Top posting is only annoying if you aren't used to e-mails,
> particularly those sent by Outlook and the like.

Incorrect.

I'm used to e-mails. And top posting is annoying.

> If you have been following a particular thread, you know
> what's taken place already anyway.

If you are following dozens of threads in different
newsgroups, you are not retaining every response by
every person in your mind. When you read a reply it
is far easier to understand with some context,
i.e. quoted material before the response.

This is true both for inactive threads, where it has
been a long time since the previous response, and
for very active threads, with multiple subthreads
going simultaneously. Both are common on Usenet.

> I find it more
> difficult to scroll down somewhere down below,

This is a point against excessive quoting. A well-edited
response does not require scrolling to find the
reply material.

             - Randy

0
poespam-trap (1550)
7/28/2005 4:01:11 PM
Bull Dog wrote:
<Snip>
> Top posting is only annoying if you aren't used to e-mails,
> particularly those sent by Outlook and the like.
>
> If you have been following a particular thread, you know
> what's taken place already anyway. I find it more
> difficult to scroll down somewhere down below, spot where
> the ">>"s stop and read the particular reply.
>
> Not saying you should change your way. Just presenting
> a different point of view... or something like that.
>
> cheers
> Bull Dog

I do not take this personal, but I couldn�t disagree more.
Top-posting is like answering something that has not yet been said.
The two most annoying things about top-posters are:

1. I need to scroll down to see what they are replying to. 2. They�re
making it hard for bottom-posters to make a relevant reply within the
original message. Bottom-posting doesn�t make top-posting harder.

/PB

--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
PB wrote:

> I do not take this personal, but I couldn�t disagree more.
> Top-posting is like answering something that has not yet been said.
> The two most annoying things about top-posters are:
>
> 1. I need to scroll down to see what they are replying to. 2.
> They�re
> making it hard for bottom-posters to make a relevant reply within
> the
> original message. Bottom-posting doesn�t make top-posting harder.

I couldn't agree more. As a side issue, minor grammatical blunders
also piss me off. Like "personal" when it should be "personally".

- Steve

p.s. PB, I don't really mean it.
0
me5685 (266)
7/28/2005 7:51:00 PM
> Sorry guys, this isn't exactly to do with MATLAB, but
> is a reply to a reply:

with the reply.
nothing really to do
signature which had
but replying to a
replying to a reply,
Actually you're not

;)
Michael Robbins wrote:
> with the reply.
> nothing really to do
> signature which had
> but replying to a
> replying to a reply,
> Actually you're not

Aha! You got me there!

On further thought, I realised I use top and bottom
posting (and mixed snippets) as appropriate...

Thanks for the feedback to my wandering thoughts...

And I do agree, long quotes are also annoying, as well as
poor writing. Especially when you have a spell checker
provided!

Bull Dog
0
ku.oc.balrs (108)

How does matlab work in this issue ? a matlab principle question
Hello everyone I have an ODE solver computing the temperature every month during a year this script will do the job for j=1:12 [t,T]= ode45(@monthly_solver,tspan,Tic,[],monthly_heat(j),h2(j),); end where Tic is the intial temperature and J loops represents the months Now the question is about matlab principle and how does it work with the initial condition? i mean as the last temperature of the 1st month is the begining temperture of the 2nd month and the last temp. of the 2nd month is the begining temp. of the 3rd month and so on. Do i need to write a command to do ...

simple matlab output question
Hi, I have a simple question but have not figured out how to handle. Suppose I have a 20 by 3 matrix. Row names start from A1 to A20, column names start from B1 to B3. How can I use a matlab command to output a matrix with header? Thanks. James ...

Matlab AM question
Dear all, I am trying to implement a very simple version of an AM receiver in Matlab but as I am new to this software package I seem to be getting nowhere. So far I have searched the web and Matlab books for examples that would help me to understand how this could be done without much success. I now this is probably a silly thing to ask but could anyone guide me in the right direction, i.e. links to websites, etc. or maybe provide me with a hints. Anything would help really. Your help is much appreciated. Thanks Justin. -- ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------- "There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes" Fourth Doctor Who(Tom Baker) Doctor Who Web Site www.doctorwho.hopto.org "Justin Champion" <j.c.champion@staffs.ac.uk> wrote in news:30efnvF2vttghU1@uni-berlin.de: > > Dear all, > I am trying to implement a very simple version of an AM > receiver in > Matlab but as I am new to this software package I seem to be getting > nowhere. So far I have searched the web and Matlab books for examples > that would help me to understand how this could be done without much > success. I now this is probably a silly thing to ask but could anyone > guide me in the right direction, i.e. links to websites, etc. or maybe > provide me with a hints. Anything would help really. > > Your help is much appreciated. &g...

parallel matlab
Hi all, I'm going to work on a project involving a parallel version of MATLAB - I'm aware of various efforts like MATLAB-*P and so on Right now I need to read up on some material regarding MATLAB internals eg: How are the ATLAS(or is it BLAS) routines called in MATLAB? How does MATLAB's C code store information in memory, cache'ing etc? How is one to get at those? Do you know of any suitable reference(s)/resource(s)? Thank you very much, Aravind ...

Few Questions About MATLAB
Hi, was wondering if anyone could help. there are a few things i need to know about some Matlab functions 1- if Pwelch and fft are used to find the Spectral Power Density. but how come when u apply them to the same data, the graphs look different? 2- when using the sendmail function, how does Matlab make the connection and send the data? ive looked at the code that Matlab uses for "sendmail" but its very difficult to understand. if anyone could help, i would be really greatful . thanks. ...

matlab
(sory for my grammar, I'm from Poland:) How can I output evaluated expression for instant x + y? [in Pascal it would be Writeln('Sum ',x,' and ',y,' = ',x+y)] In Matlab is input but output doesn't exist? What shall I do? docxxx wrote: > (sory for my grammar, I'm from Poland:) > > How can I output evaluated expression for instant x + y? > > [in Pascal it would be Writeln('Sum ',x,' and ',y,' = ',x+y)] > > In Matlab is input but output doesn't exist? > > What shall I do? This should get you close...

Few matlab questions
Hello, I have this questions for you. I hope some one can help me. So I have a background image and I want to insert another image over it. A ball for example. But this ball get on top of the background and it streches to full screan. 1) How to make matlab plot a picture in its original size. I don`l want to be stretched. 2) My ball picture is a PNG file so i need not to show the transparent pixels. I used: A = imread('ball.png','BackgroundColor','none'); image(A) but it isn`t working.. 3) Can I load an animation or sound in the plot ...

question about matlab
i made a *.m file with de next code q=1.6e-19; Vd=-80; Eo=8.85e-14; E=11.9*Eo; Na=logspace(10,19,20); E_rup_1=20+5*log(Na/1e14)+Na/1e17; E_rup_2=sqrt((-2*q*Na*Vd)/E)*1e-4; semilogx(Na,E_rup_1,Na,E_rup_2) I have ploted in logaritimic scale the functions, "E_rup_1" and "E_rup_2" depending off Na, on the plot and for a Na value, the 2 functions are equal. How can i get the Na value? Thanks If you're trying to graphically determine at which value(s) of Na the two curves are equal, try ginput. HELP GINPUT Kyle beporo wrote: > > > i made a *.m file with de n...

question about Matlab
I have 2 signals with sampling freq 50Hz and different duration. a[n] = [a1 a2 a3 .... an] b[n] = [b1 b2 b3 ............................... bn] In matlab, how to find: A[z]xB[z] A[z]/B[z] Z'(A[z]/B[z]) where Z'() is the inverse Z transform. Thank you! Edw ...

Matlab plots outside Matlab
I'm making an end-user application where I would like to use Matlab functionality both for calculation and plotting. Matlabs GUI builder guide does not satisfy my needs (no support for f.ex. internal frames and other nescessities), so I'm planning to compile my Matlab code and use other API (Java, QT or something) for GUI. My problem is then, that I loose access to the neat plotting commands availible under matlab GUI... Is there a way of integrating Matlabs plot functionality into another GUI system? - has it been done? - I appreciate any response! - P�l Berge ...

Matlab output
I would like Matlab to give me decimal answers to some equations it is solving. Instead it gives me about 50 lines of numbers which include pi, atan, and log. I cannot select the entire solution and copy and paste it because I cannot scroll up to get to the beginning of the solution. I have tried the format commands. Let me know if you want the m file. Thanks for the help. George George Coppens wrote: > > > I would like Matlab to give me decimal answers to some equations it > is solving. Instead it gives me about 50 lines of numbers which > include pi, atan, and log. I...

Calling Compiled MATLAB from MATLAB
Hello everyone, How do I compile MATLAB M files into a form that can then be called from within the MATLAB interpreter? A roundabout way would seem to be to (somehow) Turn the matlab code into C (I think mcc does this), then compile this C code into MEX format and call that. Is there an easier way? I have the MATLAB compiler, so I just need to know what to do with it to get this to work. Thanks in advance, Sina sina.tootoonian wrote: > > > Hello everyone, > > How do I compile MATLAB M files into a form that can then be called > from within the MATLAB interpreter? A roundabout way would seem to > be > to (somehow) Turn the matlab code into C (I think mcc does this), > then > compile this C code into MEX format and call that. Is there an > easier > way? I have the MATLAB compiler, so I just need to know what to do > with > it to get this to work. > > Thanks in advance, > > Sina > > HELP MEX > HELP MEX Or, better, HELP MCC help pcode pseudo code is useful to obfuscate code - protect algorithms, yet still run at full speed and be distributable to other matlab users sina.tootoonian wrote: > > > Hello everyone, > > How do I compile MATLAB M files into a form that can then be called > from within the MATLAB interpreter? A roundabout way would seem to > be > to (somehow) Turn the matlab code into C (I think mcc does this), > then > compile this C code into MEX format and call that...

Some questions on matlab
Hi all, i am using matlab and encountered some problems. Kindly advice. 1)i am using newff function to create a neural network.After which, someone advised me to set some of the parameters ,for example, net.performFcn,net.trainParam.goal and many more. But i tried using my matlab help and search for function to llok up for what these parameters do. However, i can't find any help on these parameters. Where can i find them? 2)i intend to use the train function to train my network. In the train function, according to the help file,we can also give T(network targets) as input. Can someone ki...

question in matlab
I have been plotted a 3D counter plot via the commands [C,h]=contour3(w,p,green3,10); t = clabel(C,h,'labelspacing',72) get(t(1)) with run the comment in matlab recived this output: Annotation = [ (1 by 1) hg.Annotation array] BackgroundColor = none Color = [0 0 0] DisplayName = EdgeColor = none Editing = off Extent = [0 0 0 0] FontAngle = normal FontName = Helvetica FontSize = [10] FontUnits = points FontWeight = normal HorizontalAlignment = center LineStyle = - LineWidth = [0.5] Margin = [2] Position = [-0.661507 0.649385 -0.01794] Rotation = [290.824] String = -0...

questions on matlab
Dear Sir My name is Tusajigwe, student from Brighton University taking MSC in Digital Electronics and Communication. Now am doing a research on Wireless Communication which concern with email alert to GSM users on their cell pohones,what i want from this project is to make GSM users to receive email alert when they have got new mail and this service will be offered by GSM operator ways of achieving 1)To establish link between ISP and SMS centre,because e-mail alert will be in the form of text message and ISP is the one who knows if someone has mail after see it ISP forward to SMS centre by us...

Matlab how to question?
I am a student of engineer, and I am in a course that's call numeric calculus. I have to do a shore an I'm stuck in a question. I have to minimize the error of an aproximation and make a matlab program that do that, just receiving a few points in two dimensions. More clearly, I will receive a table with 20 points, like (x1,y1)(x2,y2)...(x20,y20), and with the method "ortogonal square minimus" (Something like that) I have to minimize the error of an aproximate polynomial. Some clues? I would apreciate a lot any help anyone may do. Thanks. jim In article <4025405.1180395885...

matlab
any one please can help me sploving the following question 1________Given the causal system y[n] =3D 0.9y[n-1] + x[n], find H(z) and sketch the pole-zero plot. See the functions roots.m and zplane.m. 2___ Plot the magnitude and phase of H(z) on the frequency axis from 0 =E2=80=93 =EF=81=B0, or normalized frequency 0 - 1, and label the graphs. S= ee the freqz.m command. hani_al_yazidi@hotmail.com wrote: > any one please can help me sploving the following question > > > 1________Given the causal system > > y[n] = 0.9y[n-1] + x[n], > > find H(z) and sketch the pole-zero plot. See the functions roots.m and > zplane.m. > > 2___ Plot the magnitude and phase of H(z) on the frequency axis from 0 > – , or normalized frequency 0 - 1, and label the graphs. See the > freqz.m command. It looks like homework. State what you tried and what error messages you got and someone who knows Matlab will probably help. We try not to do homework here, but (like gods) we do help those who help themselves. Jerry -- Engineering is the art of making what you want from things you can get. ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯&...

Matlab
Hello , I'm a new user in Matlab. So should you advise matlab notes , documentation please ? <azatserver113@gmail.com> wrote in message news:7b4e75e2-40c6-43bb-acc6-2553123ba649@googlegroups.com... > Hello , > > I'm a new user in Matlab. So should you advise matlab notes , > documentation please ? > At the MATLAB command prompt type this command: doc This will show the documentation included as part of your installation. I recommend reading through the Getting Started section of the MATLAB documentation first, and executing the examp...

can Matlab support 32-bit matlab version scripts on 64-bit version of matlab
can Matlab support 32-bit matlab version scripts on 64-bit version of matlab in windows platform?.if yes , how is the performance better ? please do answer this question thank u "Gangamma " <gangvsng@gmail.com> wrote in message <hvmr7h$sn0$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > can Matlab support 32-bit matlab version scripts on 64-bit version of matlab in windows platform?.if yes , how is the performance better ? Yes, Matlab program written in 32/64 bits are compatible accepted MEX file. 64-bit version can handle larger array but does *NOT* improve speed. Br...

can Matlab support 32-bit matlab version scripts on 64-bit version of matlab #2
can Matlab support 32-bit matlab version scripts on 64-bit version of matlab in windows platform?.if yes , how is the performance better ? please do answer this question thank u ...

MATLAB Daemon
Hi! Is it posible to make a Daemon in MATLAB so that i can access a shared memory between MATLAB and .NET? I ask this because every method i've tryied to call MATLAB functions from .NET are really slow, mostly the call process (because i call the function about 300.000-1.000.000 times in a small time lapse. I thought that using a Daemon using shared memory between my .NET app and MATLAB would make that performance bottleneck almost dissapear. Any other ideas are really appreciated. By the way, is it posible to open a socket in MATLAB? That would be another possible solution, less performa...

Matlab Engine with Matlab Runtime Component ?
Hi, I have a c++ application which uses Matlab engine to save data for further use with Matlab. I need to distribute the application to users that do not have Matlab. Is there a way tp use Matlab Engine with Matlab Runtime Component ? How should I change the compilation to do it ? Thanks, Ofra ...

Matlab R2006b compatability with Matlab R14?
I am trying to execute some code (a mixture of C++ and Matlab) that was delivered to me. The Matlab code was originally developed under Matlab R14. I have Matlab R2006b installed on my system. When I attempt to execute the program, I get the following message: I18N Runtime warning: Missing ICU data file detected while processing $(MATLAB)/bin/$(ARCH). Hint: Check for a misconfigured environment or installation. When I look in the referenced directory, there does appear to be an ICU related .dat file. Any ideas as to what could be causing this runtime warning? Thanks. ...

Matlab comiler and simple matlab function
I am trying to create an exe from a matlab function which doubles the number you give it. matlab function: test.m function [output] = test (number) %return double the input number output = 2*number; disp(output); run matlab compiler at command line with: mcc -mv test.m with the resulting exe: test.exe However when I run it at DOS prompt: test 1 I am returned a value of 98. I thought that maybe this was some octal description of the output, but 98 oct is not 2 decimal. Some other results it returned: C:\Documents and Settings\alex\Desktop\lighttrans\Frank Work \test...

Web resources about - matlab output question - comp.soft-sys.matlab

Nico Rosberg and Formula One's biggest question ... can he beat Hamilton?
Formula one's biggest question. Can Nico Rosberg beat Lewis Hamilton?

Alphabet: Morgan Stanley Has Five Questions for Their Cloud Conference
Morgan Stanley‘s Brian Nowak today reiterates an Overweight rating on shares of Alphabet (GOOGL), arguing the company’s cloud computing service ...

I assume we're dealing with burst photography, so the question is: Why choose this particular instant ...
Everyone was just talking about that wonderful photograph that Christopher Horner captured at a Pittsburgh Pirates baseball game last Saturday. ...

Germanwings Crash Probe Questions Pilots' Medical Privacy Rights
Pilots with mental health issues shouldn’t enjoy the same privacy rights as other people because of the threat posed to passenger safety, according ...

After Trump rally in Chicago, GOP rivals question Trump endorsements - Chicago Tribune
In a Republican presidential primary filled with extraordinary moments, a 24-hour stretch that began Friday night stands above them all.

10 questions to ask analytics vendors (before you buy)
Analytics purchase decisions are littered with opportunities for missteps. These 10 questions will help ensure you get off on the right foot. ...

Activists question United CEO's role, pay
Two hedge funds that launched a boardroom fight with United oppose plans to give its CEO the role of chairman and have concerns about his pay. ...

Pro-Abortion Activists Can't Answer This One Simple Question
MRCTV's Dan Joseph heads into a crowd of pro-abortionists and asks them a question most would like to avoid.

Marriott’s Acquisition Of Starwood Hotels In Question After New $14B Takeover Bid
Five months after Starwood Hotels and Resorts – which operates brands like Sheraton, St. Regis, Westin, and W – announced it would sell itself ...