matlab parallel computing problem

in pmode, I creaed a segment and output is:
lab1: 1 2 3
lab2: 11 12 13
lab3: 21 22 23
lab4: 31 32 33

When I am using " whole = codistributed(segment, codistributor())  "

The system told " ??? Undefined function or variable 'codistributor'. "

What's the problem....
0
jby1985 (3)
6/16/2009 9:28:57 PM
comp.soft-sys.matlab 211266 articles. 13 followers. lunamoonmoon (258) is leader. Post Follow

flycod <jby1985@gmail.com> writes:

> in pmode, I creaed a segment and output is:
> lab1: 1 2 3
> lab2: 11 12 13
> lab3: 21 22 23
> lab4: 31 32 33
>
> When I am using " whole = codistributed(segment, codistributor())  "
>
> The system told " ??? Undefined function or variable 'codistributor'. "
>
> What's the problem....

Which version of Parallel Computing Toolbox are you using? (The names of the
distribution scheme objects have changed between some releases, so it may be
that you're simply using the wrong name).

Cheers,

Edric.
0
eellis (488)
6/17/2009 7:49:44 AM
I am using version 3.3. How can I find the correct name?

On 6=D4=C217=C8=D5, =C9=CF=CE=E73=CA=B149=B7=D6, Edric M Ellis <eel...@math=
works.com> wrote:
> flycod <jby1...@gmail.com> writes:
> > in pmode, I creaed a segment and output is:
> > lab1: 1 2 3
> > lab2: 11 12 13
> > lab3: 21 22 23
> > lab4: 31 32 33
>
> > When I am using " whole =3D codistributed(segment, codistributor())  "
>
> > The system told " ??? Undefined function or variable 'codistributor'. "
>
> > What's the problem....
>
> Which version of Parallel Computing Toolbox are you using? (The names of =
the
> distribution scheme objects have changed between some releases, so it may=
 be
> that you're simply using the wrong name).
>
> Cheers,
>
> Edric.

0
jby1985 (3)
6/17/2009 1:34:22 PM
Boyi Jiang <jby1985@gmail.com> writes:
>> [.... stuff about distributed arrays ...]
> I am using version 3.3. How can I find the correct name?

In 3.3 (R2008a), the correct syntax is

c = distributed( segment, distributor() );

The names "codistributed" and "codistributor" were introduced in version 4.0 /
R2008b to replace "distributed" and "distributor".

You should check the help for your version by typing

>> doc distcomp

and looking in the "Parallel Math" section.

Cheers,

Edric.
0
eellis (488)
6/17/2009 2:57:29 PM
On 6=D4=C217=C8=D5, =C9=CF=CE=E710=CA=B157=B7=D6, Edric M Ellis <eel...@mat=
hworks.com> wrote:
> Boyi Jiang <jby1...@gmail.com> writes:
> >> [.... stuff about distributed arrays ...]
> > I am using version 3.3. How can I find the correct name?
>
> In 3.3 (R2008a), the correct syntax is

Thanks. Problem fixed!

> c =3D distributed( segment, distributor() );
>
> The names "codistributed" and "codistributor" were introduced in version =
4.0 /
> R2008b to replace "distributed" and "distributor".
>
> You should check the help for your version by typing
>
> >> doc distcomp
>
> and looking in the "Parallel Math" section.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Edric.

0
jby1985 (3)