Matlab plots outside Matlab

I'm making an end-user application where I would like to use Matlab
functionality both for calculation and plotting. Matlabs GUI builder guide
does not satisfy my needs (no support for f.ex. internal frames and other
nescessities), so I'm planning to compile my Matlab code and use other API
(Java, QT or something) for GUI. My problem is then, that I loose access
to the neat plotting commands availible under matlab GUI...

Is there a way of integrating Matlabs plot functionality into another GUI
system? - has it been done?

- I appreciate any response!
- P�l Berge
0
palrenton (4)

Run Matlab ... from Matlab
Hello, Is there any limitation to run Matlab from Matlab, as a system command, on Linux platforms ? I tried to start Matlab, both using the ! syntax (!matlab&) or the system command (system('matlab&')), the Matlab splash screen appears, but the new Matlab session closes rapidly . When I do the same with a script of mine (system('matlab -r "myscript"&')), my script is being executed, but Matlab finally crashes . If I remove the &, it works well, but the first Matlab session is blocked till I close the second one . I run Matlab on a Linux 64bits platform . Thanks in advance, Nicolas On 10-12-03 01:22 AM, Nicolas wrote: > Is there any limitation to run Matlab from Matlab, as a system command, > on Linux platforms ? > I tried to start Matlab, both using the ! syntax (!matlab&) or the > system command (system('matlab&')), the Matlab splash screen appears, > but the new Matlab session closes rapidly . > When I do the same with a script of mine (system('matlab -r > "myscript"&')), my script is being executed, but Matlab finally crashes . > If I remove the &, it works well, but the first Matlab session is > blocked till I close the second one . > I run Matlab on a Linux 64bits platform . It appears there is a parsing problem in the script that invokes Matlab. Here's an example of what I had to do to get around it: !matlab -r \""...

MATLAB talking to MATLAB?
For my project, I need to have a client program (MATLAB executable) talking to a server program (also MATLAB executable) to query data. Is there any easy way to accomplish that? I appreciate any help that I can get on that. Thanks. Cheers, Hoi Oops, I forgot to mention. There are multiple clients querying the server, so I guess serial objects + remote serial port wouldn't work. "Hoi Wong" <wonghoi.ee@gmail.com_> wrote in message news:f3ald6$gg4$1@news.Stanford.EDU... > For my project, I need to have a client program (MATLAB executable) > talking to a ser...

starting matlab gui outside matlab
Hello! I have to start my matlab gui outside matlab program (without opening it). Is there something like .bat file in Java for Matlab? Thanks for helping me out... :) Emma Hi Emma, I'm not sure if I understand your question. One way would be to compile the GUI (there is a lot of stuff on that in this forum). Otherwise, if you just want to avoid opening Matlab and loading the file, you can use: 1) a simple .bat file with the following command: matlab -minimize -yourfile.m 2) a shortcut with this line as target (but with the full matlab.exe path), in which you also specify your gui dire...

MatLab Error Of This program has been modified outside MatLab editor
Hi, I am running a MatLab program I've run many times before, and now when I try to run it, I get a message saying : "This program has been modified outside of the MatLab editor. Do you want to reload it?" I've moved the program to a new directory, but I've run MatLab progs from that directory before, so I am perplexed. Can anyone tell me what to do? TIA, Matt In article <972bbd06-3687-4253-9aa0-a08acf91d117@z38g2000hsc.googlegroups.com>, junoexpress <MTBrenneman@gmail.com> wrote: >I am running a MatLab program I've run many times before, and now when >I try to run it, I get a message saying : >"This program has been modified outside of the MatLab editor. Do you >want to reload it?" >I've moved the program to a new directory, but I've run MatLab progs >from that directory before, so I am perplexed. >Can anyone tell me what to do? Use Save As to save the current version under a different name. Then allow Matlab to reload the file. Save that, and then compare the two saved versions to determine what the differences are, and create an appropriately merged version. -- "There is nothing so bad but it can masquerade as moral." -- Walter Lippmann junoexpress <MTBrenneman@gmail.com> wrote in message <972bbd06-3687-4253-9aa0- a08acf91d117@z38g2000hsc.googlegroups.com>... > Hi, >...

matlab to matlab remote execution
Hi I have two win PCs running matlab 7. One is slow and other is a high spec fast PC. They are connected to LAN. The directory on fast PC where all matlab work takes place has been mounted as a drive on slow PC. Hence this directory on fast PC can be accessed from slow PC's matlab session. I want to let the user on slow PC run some computationally intense M scripts in his matlab session but execute them on fast PC. I tried usual unix like method. First installed telnet server on fast PC. Then used telnet client on slow PC to log on fast PC. If I attempt to start matlab in slow PC telnet ...

from Delphi to matlab and matlab to delphi
How to send vars from Delphi to Matlab ? and viceverse, from matlab to delphi ? thanks, it is dificult, and not found answers in the internet. jairo serrano wrote: > > > How to send vars from Delphi to Matlab ? and viceverse, from matlab > to delphi ? thanks, it is dificult, and not found answers in the > internet. When I want to use Matlab variables in another program, I write them to file. You can use comma separated files (csv). Try: > help csvwrite > help dlmwrite Works fine for me. Hope this helps, Niels jairo serrano wrote: > How to send vars from Delphi to Matlab ? and viceverse, from matlab > to delphi ? thanks, it is dificult, and not found answers in the > internet. The simplest is with OLE. Have a look here: - Francis Burton, "Callin Matlab from Delphi" #, 19 Nov 2003 4:27 pm </WebX?50@@.eecb61d> Two sample projects are given here: - <http://www.djpate.freeserve.co.uk/Matlab.htm> From Matlab to Delphi you would have to write a mex files, thats more difficult. Regards, Peter hi i did the connection between delphi4.0 and matlab6.5 and I could cacth the value from Delphi to Matlab but can't to cacth the value from Matlab to Delphi, Do you have an idea??? I think that this project it is look like with yours , Did you make this project? Thanks in Advance, Thiago Holanda jairo serrano wrote: > > > How to send vars from Delphi to Matlab ? and viceverse, from matlab > to delphi ? thanks, it...

Calling Compiled MATLAB from MATLAB
Hello everyone, How do I compile MATLAB M files into a form that can then be called from within the MATLAB interpreter? A roundabout way would seem to be to (somehow) Turn the matlab code into C (I think mcc does this), then compile this C code into MEX format and call that. Is there an easier way? I have the MATLAB compiler, so I just need to know what to do with it to get this to work. Thanks in advance, Sina sina.tootoonian wrote: > > > Hello everyone, > > How do I compile MATLAB M files into a form that can then be called > from within the MATLAB interpreter? A roundabout way would seem to > be > to (somehow) Turn the matlab code into C (I think mcc does this), > then > compile this C code into MEX format and call that. Is there an > easier > way? I have the MATLAB compiler, so I just need to know what to do > with > it to get this to work. > > Thanks in advance, > > Sina > > HELP MEX > HELP MEX Or, better, HELP MCC help pcode pseudo code is useful to obfuscate code - protect algorithms, yet still run at full speed and be distributable to other matlab users sina.tootoonian wrote: > > > Hello everyone, > > How do I compile MATLAB M files into a form that can then be called > from within the MATLAB interpreter? A roundabout way would seem to > be > to (somehow) Turn the matlab code into C (I think mcc does this), > then > compile this C code into MEX format and call that...

Differences in XML File generated in Matlab vs Outside Matlab
Hi, I have a java class, which generates the XML file. I am using the same class in both Matlab session and in Eclipse. Following is the code I am using to genate the XML file public static void saveDocument(Document doc, File file) throws Exception { DOMSource source = new DOMSource(doc); OutputStream stream = new FileOutputStream(file); StreamResult result = new StreamResult(stream); Transformer transformer = TransformerFactory.newInstance().newTransformer(); transformer.setOutputProperty(OutputKeys.INDENT, "yes"); transformer.setOu...

DLL creating by Matlab for Matlab
I would like to know if it is possible to convert several M-files into one DLL with Matlab (by using mcc or mex or other functions) and use this DLL with Matlab. How can I do that? I could create DLL with mcc -l xxx.m but I can't use this DLL with Matlab (error: "??? The function, script or class xxx cannot be indexed using {} or . indexing.") I have a project on Matlab with just M-files and I want to give this project to someone who want to use it on Matlab too, but I don't want to give him the source M algorithms. Moreover, I don't want to have an executable....

Spawning matlab from within matlab
Hello all, I would like to spawn multiple matlab processes from an '.m' script. Meaning, run an m-file from a 'parent' Matlab that launches, say, 8 more 'children' matlab processes. I'd like to do it in such a way that the same m-file in the 'parent' is able to close down, or kill, all the 'children' processes. Any suggestions? Joe ...

parallel matlab
Hi all, I'm going to work on a project involving a parallel version of MATLAB - I'm aware of various efforts like MATLAB-*P and so on Right now I need to read up on some material regarding MATLAB internals eg: How are the ATLAS(or is it BLAS) routines called in MATLAB? How does MATLAB's C code store information in memory, cache'ing etc? How is one to get at those? Do you know of any suitable reference(s)/resource(s)? Thank you very much, Aravind ...

Matlab engine with matlab R2010b

Calling Matlab in C in Matlab
Hi everybody! My problem can be described as follows. I have a tool in Matlab that requires calling an optimisation algorithm in C. This algorithm consists of several C-files, one of which contains the function to be minimised (CFUNCTION), and another is the main algorithm file (CMAIN). Now what I want to do is to call Matlab from CFUNCTION or CMAIN and specify my custom function (MFUNCTION) to be minimised. So, I'm calling Matlab from C from Matlab. I'm a newbie in C and MEX files. Should I rewrite CMAIN as a MEX file and include CFUNCTION in this and then use mxCallMATLAB? Or can...

matlab in JAVA or java in MATLAB?
Hi guys I am now experencing a great difficulty in the interation between java and matlab. I have an objective function written in JAVA with has method return an numerical number, i call it 'profit'. The nature of this obtive function (ObjFun.java) is that it takes an parameter input, say C, with different C value, the returned profit value is different. Eventually I want to find the optimized C value which produce the maximun profit (C will be under constrains). Initially I want to use linprog or fminsearch in matlab. So I tried the command in matlab that excutes my ObjFun.java. But it failed because my ObjFun.java will call an external .exe file. and the file path contains spaces which is fine by Java but not matlab. I stuck here, I myself is a Java programmer not good at matlab, I can't find any thing on google about the solution to my problem. So here I propose another idea: call matlab function in JAVA. I need some advise on this. Thank you very much for a reply!!! Lemon can anyone give advice?? "Lemon F" <f.lemon.jin@hotmail.com> wrote in message <i3bag7$i96$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > can anyone give advice?? If you would not have double-posted you would have seen that you already received advice (on the other post): http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/newsreader/view_thread/288403 ...

MATLAB crashing with MEX file in function working well outside of MATLAB
Hi Everyone, I have an high level problem (I believe) that I will try to explain; My development platform is: 64bit Ubuntu 12.04 LTS and MATLAB 2013b with GCC/G++-4.7 library I am trying to create a MATLAB interface by coding a MexFunction using gigantic C++ library previously developed. For the tests I previously build and MexFunction only using and parsing XML files as inputs where paths are hardly defined within the function (for simplification and debugging), and I am not passing any input and output with *plhs and *prhs yet. My code includes MexFunction can be compiled with...

Matlab
Hello , I'm a new user in Matlab. So should you advise matlab notes , documentation please ? <azatserver113@gmail.com> wrote in message news:7b4e75e2-40c6-43bb-acc6-2553123ba649@googlegroups.com... > Hello , > > I'm a new user in Matlab. So should you advise matlab notes , > documentation please ? > At the MATLAB command prompt type this command: doc This will show the documentation included as part of your installation. I recommend reading through the Getting Started section of the MATLAB documentation first, and executing the examp...

matlab
Mam problem z uruchomieniem matlaba7,0. Instalacja przebiega bez problemu, ale po pr�bie uruchomienia pojawia sie okienko matlaba i od razu znika. Plytka jest dobra, a u znajomych ten sam egzemplarz , r�wniez pod XP (jak u mnie) chodzi bez zarzut�w. Jezeli ktos mial podobny problem i go rozwiazac; to prosze o wskaz�wki. Aha plytka nie jest orginalna. ...

matlab
using MATLAB to to convert time domain data to frequncy tomain in side labview Hello Mans, Could you provide a bit more detail about the problems you are getting with converting time domain data to frequency domain data in LabVIEW. There are many different analysis and transform vi's within LabVIEW which you could use. Depending on what your trying to do, you may need to install the Math Interface Toolkit which allows you to communicate to MATLAB from LabVIEW. I don't know if you currently have this installed but if you don't, please find the link to the page on our website belo...

matlab
any one please can help me sploving the following question 1________Given the causal system y[n] =3D 0.9y[n-1] + x[n], find H(z) and sketch the pole-zero plot. See the functions roots.m and zplane.m. 2___ Plot the magnitude and phase of H(z) on the frequency axis from 0 =E2=80=93 =EF=81=B0, or normalized frequency 0 - 1, and label the graphs. S= ee the freqz.m command. hani_al_yazidi@hotmail.com wrote: > any one please can help me sploving the following question > > > 1________Given the causal system > > y[n] = 0.9y[n-1] + x[n], > > find H(z) and sketch...

Matlab
Hi I want to find more information about MATLAB. Thank you! ...

can Matlab support 32-bit matlab version scripts on 64-bit version of matlab
can Matlab support 32-bit matlab version scripts on 64-bit version of matlab in windows platform?.if yes , how is the performance better ? please do answer this question thank u "Gangamma " <gangvsng@gmail.com> wrote in message <hvmr7h$sn0$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > can Matlab support 32-bit matlab version scripts on 64-bit version of matlab in windows platform?.if yes , how is the performance better ? Yes, Matlab program written in 32/64 bits are compatible accepted MEX file. 64-bit version can handle larger array but does *NOT* improve speed. Br...

can Matlab support 32-bit matlab version scripts on 64-bit version of matlab #2
can Matlab support 32-bit matlab version scripts on 64-bit version of matlab in windows platform?.if yes , how is the performance better ? please do answer this question thank u ...

matlab in JAVA or java in MATLAB? #2
Hi guys I am now experencing a great difficulty in the interation between java and matlab. I have an objective function written in JAVA with has method return an numerical number, i call it 'profit'. The nature of this obtive function (ObjFun.java) is that it takes an parameter input, say C, with different C value, the returned profit value is different. Eventually I want to find the optimized C value which produce the maximun profit (C will be under constrains). Initially I want to use linprog or fminsearch in matlab. So I tried the command in matlab that excutes my ObjFun.ja...

Matlab R2006b compatability with Matlab R14?
I am trying to execute some code (a mixture of C++ and Matlab) that was delivered to me. The Matlab code was originally developed under Matlab R14. I have Matlab R2006b installed on my system. When I attempt to execute the program, I get the following message: I18N Runtime warning: Missing ICU data file detected while processing $(MATLAB)/bin/$(ARCH). Hint: Check for a misconfigured environment or installation. When I look in the referenced directory, there does appear to be an ICU related .dat file. Any ideas as to what could be causing this runtime warning? Thanks. ...

Web resources about - Matlab plots outside Matlab - comp.soft-sys.matlab

Mitt Romney Demands Donald Trump Be Disqualified For ‘coddling’ KKK’s ‘bigotry’
Mitt Romney, the 2012 Republican nominee and former Massachusetts governor, demanded via Twitter that Republican front-runner, Donald Trump, ...

Sacha Baron Cohen’s 2016 Oscar Appearance Serious Persona Will Blow Your Mind
Seeing established funnyman Sacha Baron Cohen put aside his cartoonish personas and actually talk seriously about racial diversity in Hollywood ...

Blue Origin, ULA and Aerojet win Air Force contracts for U.S.-made rocket engines
Blue Origin’s BE-4 rocket engine goes through staged combustion testing. (Credit: ULA) Blue Origin, the rocket venture founded by Amazon billionaire ...

Google Is Finally Selling VR Headsets Directly
Google’s Cardboard VR viewer is the cheapest way to get in on the virtual reality game, but up until now, they’ve only been sold by third parties ...

Brita’s Smart Water Pitcher Orders Its Own Replacement Filters
Now that Brita has gotten the home water filtration thing down, there’s not much left for them to improve on besides maybe not having so many ...

Justice Clarence Thomas asks questions in court, 1st time in 10 years
NOLA.com Justice Clarence Thomas asks questions in court, 1st time in 10 years NOLA.com In this Jan. 26, 2012 file photo, Supreme Court Justice ...

Google’s self-driving car is finally responsible for a traffic accident
It was bound to happen some time... and it has. After having a sterling safety record over the past couple of years, one of Google's self-driving ...

Happy 40th Birthday to Leap Year Baby Ja Rule
Sit down, my fellow children of the ‘90s. Today, rapper and leap year baby Ja Rule enters into the fifth decade of his life. But if the thought ...

Woman carrying severed head of child arrested at Moscow train station
A woman holding a child's severed head at a busy Moscow metro station has been arrested and charged with murdering a young child in her care. ...

Community members recall man fatally shot by police officer
RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) — Community members gathered Monday night to remember a Raleigh man fatally shot by a police officer during a foot chase as ...