Matlab, pointers and pointers to pointers

Matlab stores matrices using simple pointers in order to allocate
memory. Using pointers to pointers, according to my experience, we
could obtain the following benefits:

- code would run faster (I think up to 70%)
- memory would be allocated in a better way

Why this solution is not used? There are some limitations?

Luigi
0
Luigi

Luigi:
<SNIP longing for pointers - not to heaven - to memory...

> Why this solution is not used? There are some limitations...

<luigi>
a fact of life that we all have to live with: it IS just NOT
happening... -or- at least it is not happening since 1984... despite
numerous discussions here at CSSM

peruse this recent blog by <loren shure> (and have a look at
response #3, which never got a reply, of course, <LOREN!>)

 <http://blogs.mathworks.com/loren/2007/03/22/in-place-operations-on-data/>

us
0
us1 (8051)