matlab Question #12

Implement the statistical edge detection filter [1] (attached) in MATLAB and
choose a 7×7 mask and implement the F and T tests. Then present a range of
images to the filter and display the filtered images. Histogram equalization
should be applied to the implementation. Different masks should be use to
compare the outcome.
• Implement non-maximal suppression in the edge detection to sharpen up the
edge.
• Implement a different size of mask and also compare the performance of this
algorithm with the Canny edge detector on the same images, drawing conclusions
about their relative performance on noisy, clean, textured and cluttered images.

A A 0 B B
A A 0 B B
A A P B B
A A 0 B B
A A 0 B B
Figure.1: 135o mask

0 B B B B
A 0 B B B
A A P B B
A A A 0 B
A A A A 0
figure.2: 135o mask

Figures 1and 2 are examples of a 90o 135o masks, where the two regions for each
masks are denoted by A and B, the pixel of interest is denoted by P and the 0’s
denoting the separating line between the two masks (these pixels are  ignored during the calculations). You should generate other masks for 0o, 45o etc.
Once you have generated these masks within MATLAB, you need to scan the masks
through the image and read the pixels by its two areas and then calculate statistical
parameters (standard deviations and variations) of regions A and B using the var ( )
function in MATLAB.
The next step will be implementing the two statistical techniques that are used to
determine the edge magnitude and direction for each region:
F-test:
T-test:

On Tuesday, April 17, 2012 9:04:07 AM UTC+12, angel  wrote:
> Implement the statistical edge detection filter [1] (attached) in MATLAB =
and
> choose a 7=D77 mask and implement the F and T tests. Then present a range=
 of
> images to the filter and display the filtered images. Histogram equalizat=
ion
> should be applied to the implementation. Different masks should be use to
> compare the outcome.
> =95 Implement non-maximal suppression in the edge detection to sharpen up=
 the
> edge.
> =95 Implement a different size of mask and also compare the performance o=
f this
> algorithm with the Canny edge detector on the same images, drawing conclu=
sions
> about their relative performance on noisy, clean, textured and cluttered =
images.
>=20
>=20
> A A 0 B B                                                  =20
> A A 0 B B
> A A P B B
> A A 0 B B
> A A 0 B B
> Figure.1: 135o mask   =20
>=20
>=20
> 0 B B B B
> A 0 B B B
> A A P B B
> A A A 0 B
> A A A A 0
> figure.2: 135o mask
>=20
> Figures 1and 2 are examples of a 90o 135o masks, where the two regions fo=
r each
> masks are denoted by A and B, the pixel of interest is denoted by P and t=
he 0=92s
> denoting the separating line between the two masks (these pixels are  ign=
ored during the calculations). You should generate other masks for 0o, 45o =
etc.
> Once you have generated these masks within MATLAB, you need to scan the m=
asks
> through the image and read the pixels by its two areas and then calculate=
 statistical
> parameters (standard deviations and variations) of regions A and B using =
the var ( )
> function in MATLAB.
> The next step will be implementing the two statistical techniques that ar=
e used to
> determine the edge magnitude and direction for each region:
> F-test:
> T-test:

OK, so you've given us your homework assignment, what next?
Do you expect us to do your homework for you?
0
mulgor (3008)
4/16/2012 9:14:00 PM
TideMan <mulgor@gmail.com> wrote in message <27324771.811.1334610840164.JavaMail.geo-discussion-forums@pbcuu8>...
> On Tuesday, April 17, 2012 9:04:07 AM UTC+12, angel  wrote:
> > Implement the statistical edge detection filter [1] (attached) in MATLAB and
> > choose a 7×7 mask and implement the F and T tests. Then present a range of
> > images to the filter and display the filtered images. Histogram equalization
> > should be applied to the implementation. Different masks should be use to
> > compare the outcome.
> > • Implement non-maximal suppression in the edge detection to sharpen up the
> > edge.
> > • Implement a different size of mask and also compare the performance of this
> > algorithm with the Canny edge detector on the same images, drawing conclusions
> > about their relative performance on noisy, clean, textured and cluttered images.
> >

> > A A 0 B B
> > A A 0 B B
> > A A P B B
> > A A 0 B B
> > A A 0 B B
> > Figure.1: 135o mask
> >

> > 0 B B B B
> > A 0 B B B
> > A A P B B
> > A A A 0 B
> > A A A A 0
> > figure.2: 135o mask
> >
> > Figures 1and 2 are examples of a 90o 135o masks, where the two regions for each
> > masks are denoted by A and B, the pixel of interest is denoted by P and the 0’s
> > denoting the separating line between the two masks (these pixels are  ignored during the calculations). You should generate other masks for 0o, 45o etc.
> > Once you have generated these masks within MATLAB, you need to scan the masks
> > through the image and read the pixels by its two areas and then calculate statistical
> > parameters (standard deviations and variations) of regions A and B using the var ( )
> > function in MATLAB.
> > The next step will be implementing the two statistical techniques that are used to
> > determine the edge magnitude and direction for each region:
> > F-test:
> > T-test:
>
> OK, so you've given us your homework assignment, what next?
> Do you expect us to do your homework for you?

No i need hint or How to start because i dont konw How to srart specially How to make a 90o 135o masks thats what i want
We can't see the mask examples that he's asking you to use.  But to
make a mask you make up an array of logical (or integer) values

logicalMask = false(90,135);
integerMask = ones(90,135);

Change some values in there if you want both foreground and background
pixels.
0
imageanalyst (7621)

MATLAB /SIMULINK question
I would like to ask how do i read the spectrum scope output in simulink its y axis is in dB from 0 to -100 and x axis from 0 to 0.5 in Hz. I find it weird since my filter response is surpossed to at much higher freq but the output on scope shows response within range of 0 to 0.5 on x axis in units of Hz On 22 Mar, 08:03, "Bryan" <s...@xilinx.com> wrote: > I would like to ask how do i read the spectrum scope output in simulink > its y axis is in dB from 0 to -100 and x axis from 0 to 0.5 in Hz. > > I find it weird since my filter response is surpossed to at much higher freq > but the output on scope shows response within range of 0 to 0.5 on x axis in > units of Hz Seems to me that the sampling frequency hasn't been set? If you don't set it yurself, a good implementation of an analyzer will use a default value instead. Fs = 1 Hz is a natural choise for such a default value. Rune ...

matlab output question
Hi, I have a matlab question: Suppose I want to output to a file with the following format: "190" r2pos "219" "193" r2pos "220" "202" r2pos "203" "205" r2pos "216" "207" r2pos "226" "229" r2pos "230" "236" r2pos "237" The two columns of numbers are recorded in the variables x and y. I use fprintf but can not get the " symbol in the file. Does any body know how to do this? Thanks. Jane Hi, try this : x=190; y=219; fprintf('"%d" r2pos "%d"',x,y) J�r�me Thus spake <Jane>: > Hi, > I have a matlab question: > Suppose I want to output to a file with the following format: > > "190" r2pos "219" > "193" r2pos "220" > "202" r2pos "203" > "205" r2pos "216" > "207" r2pos "226" > "229" r2pos "230" > "236" r2pos "237" > The two columns of numbers are recorded in the variables x and y. I > use fprintf but can not get the " symbol in the file. Does any body > know how to do this? > > Thanks. > Jane Try: tmpl=['"' '%d' '"' ' r2pos "' '%d' '"\n' ]; fprintf(tmpl,[x; y]) /PB -- A: Because it messes up the ord...

a question about fft in matlab
hello guys, This may be a simple question for some of you but I am confused and will really appreciate your help. I have a semi circular 1D signal (assuming all values outside the circular diameter are 0). I want to recover the width of the signal from the Fourier transform of the signal by looking at the zero crossing. I create the signal as follows: radius = 20; icenter = 100; length = 200; x = linspace(-icenter/2, icenter/2, length); for i = 1:length f(i) = 2*sqrt(r^2 - x(i)^2); end So, I get a semi-circular signal f( ). Now, I do a FFT of f( ) F = fft(f); My question is how can I use the first zero crossing of F and recover the "value of the radius" of the original circular signal? secondly, Is there any way by which I can calculate the zero crossing of F (above) automatically in matlab? The FFT has the form (2 * pi * JI (w * radius))/ (w * radius). thank you in advance. On 3 Mar 2006 19:44:02 -0800, "nic@gmail.com" <singhnic@gmail.com> wrote: >hello guys, > >This may be a simple question for some of you but I am confused and >will really appreciate your help. > (snipped) >The FFT has the form (2 * pi * JI (w * radius))/ (w * radius). > >thank you in advance. Hi, what does the "JI" mean in your above FFT expression? You said you "want to recover the width of the signal from the Fourier transform". Wouldn't it be easier to measure the width of your 1D signal (the diameter...

Need help for a matlab mini project

bar
In MatLab 6.5, the routine above works normal: figure; sem=Average(:,2)./sqrt(Average(:,3)); bar([1:1:7],Average(:,1),sem); ylabel('% of epochs analyzed') xlabel('Frequency Band') title ('Occurrence of Oscillatory Events - Ch X') %Where Average and sem are vectors; But, in MatLab 7.0, the same code cause the following error: ??? Error using ==> xychk Too many input arguments. Error in ==> bar at 53 [msg,x,y] = xychk(args{1:nargs},'plot'); Error in ==> cross_subj_analysis>ok_Callback at 327 bar([1:1:7],Average(:,1),sem); I'd like to know why this occour. Thanks Henrique In article <g7a1j6$l1$1@fred.mathworks.com>, Henrique Amaral <henriquetomaz@uol.com.br> wrote: >In MatLab 6.5, the routine above works normal: >figure; >sem=Average(:,2)./sqrt(Average(:,3)); >bar([1:1:7],Average(:,1),sem); >ylabel('% of epochs analyzed') >xlabel('Frequency Band') >title ('Occurrence of Oscillatory Events - Ch X') >%Where Average and sem are vectors; >But, in MatLab 7.0, the same code cause the following error: >??? Error using ==> xychk >Too many input arguments. >Error in ==> bar at 53 > [msg,x,y] = xychk(args{1:nargs},'plot'); >Error in ==> cross_subj_analysis>ok_Callback at 327 >bar([1:1:7],Average(:,1),sem); >I'd like to know why this occour. When the third argument is numeric, it must be the bar width. barwidth must b...

Questions about matlab curve fitting
Hello all=EF=BC=9A I have written a matlab curve fitting program=EF=BC=9A clc clear xx =3D 1:1:20; xx =3D xx'; yy =3D exp(xx); hold on; plot(xx,yy,'o'); start =3D [1 1 1]; s =3D fitoptions('Method','NonlinearLeastSquares',... 'Lower',[-Inf,-Inf,-Inf],... 'Upper',[Inf,Inf,Inf],... 'Startpoint',start); f =3D fittype('a*x^b+c','options',s); [coe,gof] =3D fit(xx,yy,f); coe gof plot(coe,'r'); grid on; the fitting result is not satisfied=EF=BC=9A General model: coe(x) =3D a*x^b+c Coefficients (with 95% confidence bounds): a =3D 2.035 (-6885, 6889) b =3D 4.595 (-1139, 1148) c =3D 1.006 (-8.515e+07, 8.515e+07) gof =3D sse: 2.6959e+17 rsquare: -0.1105 dfe: 17 adjrsquare: -0.2411 rmse: 1.2593e+08 Then I use the curve fitting tool in matlab toolbox to fit the same array. The result is just fine: General model Power2: f(x) =3D a*x^b+c Coefficients (with 95% confidence bounds): a =3D 5.2e-17 (1.568e-17, 8.832e-17) b =3D 19.19 (18.96, 19.43) c =3D 0 (-6.271e+05, 6.271e+05) Goodness of fit: SSE: 2.398e+13 R-square: 0.9999 Adjusted R-square: 0.9999 RMSE: 1.188e+06 I guss the problem comes from the StartPoint setting, because when I set the StartPoint as [5.2e-17 19.19 0], my program can also get a fine result. Here are the source code ge...

Some basic questions about MATLAB operation
Hi, I have recently started using MATLAB for a DSP and a Communication Theory class. I have some questions about how MATLAB does some things. 1. To plot a graph, say a sinusoid, I always do this: t=0:.1:10; a=sin(t); plot(t,a) What does MATLAB do to generate the data for the points that are not in increments of .1? for example sin(1.13)? Does it interpolate to generate the graph? Is this sinusoid only valid for .1 increments? In fact, a function in MATLAB is inherently discrete, but we use it to model continuous functions (its 'domain' is actually only 101 samples)? 2. I'm having trouble mixing up the indices of the array (1..101 for t matrix) and the actual values (t(1)=0 t(1)=0.1, etc.)I am doing a lot of shifting of functions (such as f(x) = x -> f(x-2) = x-2) and this is messing me up, I usually get the error, "indices must be positive or logicals.." Mathematically, it makes sense to compute f(x(1)-2) for x(1)=1, but it doesn't make sense in MATLAB to ask for f(-1). This brings me to the question of what is a reasonable matrix size for x. -100:.1:100 ? Does it depend on the precision you need? Is there a 'convention' used to model functions? 3. I had a misconception that MATLAB was very close to mathematical notation. In fact, you have to interpret a lot when using it, often going back to the theory to make sure computations make sense. So am I using it the 'right' way. Usually only crunching huge amounts of numbers? I know...

Matlab question for Newton Raphson
Need to do 5 iterations...for this problem not including 0 which is 1 and 0 f1(x1, x2) = 10x1sinx2 + 2 = 0 f2(x1, x2) = 10x1^2? 10x1cos x2 + 1 = 0 where x0 = [ 1 ; 0] x01 = 1 x02 = 0 Please need the code plus the first five iterations for x1 and x2.....ive been trying but...keep getting errors..and its due tomorrow lol :( at 5:30 latest "Carlos Mallqui" wrote in message <jnaeda$p5b$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > Need to do 5 iterations...for this problem not including 0 which is 1 and 0 > > f1(x1, x2) = 10x1sinx2 + 2 = 0 > f2(x1, x2) = 10x1^2? 10x1cos x2 + 1 = 0 > > where x0 = [ 1 ; 0] > > x01 = 1 > x02 = 0 > > > Please need the code plus the first five iterations for x1 and x2.....ive been trying but...keep getting errors..and its due tomorrow lol :( at 5:30 latest Please post your code so we can comment on it. James Tursa maxiter = 5; tol=1e-6 x=[1 0]%initial extimates f=(10*x(1)*sin(x(2)))+2;%function fx1=10*sin(x(2));%derivative of function w.r.t x1 fx2=10*x1*cos(x(2));%derivative of function w.r.t x2 J=[fx1 fx2] %Jacobian matrix of function xold = x(:); xnew = xold - J\f for k=1:maxiter xold = xnew; niter = k; xnew = xold - J\f; if abs(xold-xnew)/abs(xnew) < tol (niter == maxiter) break end end r = xnew like this try for the next function also "prabhakaran m" <prabha.gahon@gmail.com> wrote in message <jnaip9$c68$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > > f=(10*x(1)*...

Matlab legend with subplot question
Hello! I have a plot of 2x3 subplots. I need to get the legend from the second subplot (which pertains to the entire plot) above it, so it would actually be a 3x3 subplot space: L SSS SSS s = subplot, L = legend Thanks very much! On 5/30/2012 10:39 AM, Paul wrote: > Hello! > I have a plot of 2x3 subplots. I need to get the legend from the second > subplot (which pertains to the entire plot) above it, so it would > actually be a 3x3 subplot space: > > L SSS > SSS > > s = subplot, L = legend Me no follow... Try sample code that demonstrates what you got and then what you want modified/added... -- ...

Matlab Image Question #2
Is there a way to filer a black and white image so that all holes with a defined pixel area (say, less that 5 pixels) will be filled? Hi Tyler, this reminds me to a function 'imfill' in the image processing toolbox. Also a dilation (imdilate) and afterwards an erosion (imerode) should do the working. Both together is known as closing. Hope this helped? Regards, Stefan ---------------------------------------- Tyler <tylerh@mail.utexas.edu> writes: > Is there a way to filer a black and white image so that all holes > with a defined pixel area (say, less that 5 pixels) will be filled? If you have the Image Processing Toolbox, try the bwareaopen function. -- Steve Eddins Development Manager, Image Processing Group The MathWorks, Inc. Tyler wrote: > Is there a way to filer a black and white image so that all holes > with a defined pixel area (say, less that 5 pixels) will be filled? These functions might be helpful: help bwlabel help regionpros -Herbert ...

Simple Maths/MATLAB Question
Hi, I have a quadrilateral defined by [x1 x2 x3 x4] and [y1 y2 y3 y4] which define the 4 vertices in anticlockwise order. How can I determine quickly in MATLAB whether the point [xn yn] is within the area of the quadrilateral? Thanks in advance for your time. Oli OliH wrote: > > > Hi, > > I have a quadrilateral defined by [x1 x2 x3 x4] and [y1 y2 y3 y4] > which define the 4 vertices in anticlockwise order. How can I > determine quickly in MATLAB whether the point [xn yn] is within the > area of the quadrilateral? > > Thanks in advance for your time. > > Oli help inpolygon <http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/techdoc/ref/inpolygon.html> Try something like this : in=inpolygon(xn,yn,[x1 x2 x3 x4 x1],[y1 y2 y3 y4 y1]); J�r�me Thanks so much. There's always the odd function you've never seen before isn't there! Oli J�r�me wrote: > > > OliH wrote: >> >> >> Hi, >> >> I have a quadrilateral defined by [x1 x2 x3 x4] and [y1 y2 y3 y4] >> which define the 4 vertices in anticlockwise order. How can I >> determine quickly in MATLAB whether the point [xn yn] is within > the >> area of the quadrilateral? >> >> Thanks in advance for your time. >> >> Oli > > help inpolygon > <http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/techdoc/ref/inpolygon.html> > > Try something like this : > > in=inpolygon(xn,yn,[x1 x2 ...

Matlab builder JA: parse java string to matlab cell
Hi all, I'm building a java swing based GUI for my Matlab application. As such, user input is available as text strings, for example "{[0; 0], [3.5 0; 0 2]}" (mean vector and covariance matrix of a 2D Gaussian). The user input will be passed to the compiled matlab method as a MWCellArray. Problem is how do a convert (parse) the above string into a MWCellArray? From its javadoc http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/toolbox/javabuilder/MWArrayAPI/index.html the following method is available: java.lang.String toString() Returns a string representation of this array, but the reverse method is not. Evidently, parsing a string like the one above is a non trivial task and I'm loath to attempt writing one by myself. I would be very thankful if someone can point me to the required parser implementation. Matlab itself is carrying out this task all the time, perhaps it is possible to access Matlab's own parser. Help much appreciated, Ritesh ...

can't run matlab setup/No puedo correr matlab
Hi! I opened the&nbsp;matlab script fractal.vi&nbsp;then my antivirus (Kaspersky)&nbsp;ask&nbsp;if I acept the modified te registry of matlab setup,&nbsp; I &nbsp;say "yes" After that when I want open matlab the setup run but inmediatly it's close, why???? &nbsp; Hola: Abri el matlab script fractal.vi y mi antivirus (Kasoersky)me preguntaba si aceptaba una modificacion del registro del setup de matlab yo acepte Despues de eso cuanto abro matlab se cierra inmediatamente porque?? &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Hola Sa�l Es probable que el problema est� relacionado con el antivirus Kaspersky, trata de deshabilitarlo y correr nuevamente el ejemplo.&nbsp; Si esto no funciona revisa el estado de tus licencias de LabVIEW y de Matlab, probablemente tengas que reinstalar el programa y/o activar las licencias. �Qu� versi�n de LabVIEW y Matlab tienes? �El comportamiento es el mismo con el otro ejemplo?, me refiero al de la siguiente dir: labview\examples\scriptnode\Differential Equation.llb\MATLAB Script - Lorenz Diff Eq.vi Si corres este ejemplo �El antivirus tambi�n te pregunta cambiar lo de los registros?, ser�a bueno contactar a Mathworks para saber c�mo reconfigurar nuevamente los registros de Matlab ...

some problems of codes of MATLAB 7.0 working on MATLAB 6.5
I have used MATLAB for few hours.So I don't know the differences between version 6.5 and 7.0.I want to use some codes of MATLAB 7.0, but they doesn't work in MATLAB 6.5.How to change these codes so that they can work in matlab 6.5.Waiting for your help. Thank you . The codes are like this .I think changing the function findPI may work ,but I don'y know how % PIfun.m % Evaluate a function used to find the PI-line, using Kyle Champley's % method. % % Adam Wunderlich % last update: 5/18/06 function y = PIfun(r,R,h,gamma,x3,sb) temp = R - r*cos(gamma-sb); y = h*((pi - 2*atan(r*sin(gamma-sb)/temp))*(1 + (r^2 - R^2)/ (2*R*temp)) ... + sb) - x3; % find_PI_Line.m % % Find the the parametric interval corresponding to the unique PI-line % passing through the point x for a given helical pitch. % This code implements the method of Kyle Champley. % inputs: P = pitch (cm/turn), R = helix radius, delta_s = s stepsize, x % output: PI = [sb st] % % Adam Wunderlich % last update: 5/18/06 function [PI] = findPI(P,R,delta_s,x) h = P/(2*pi); r = sqrt(x(1)^2+x(2)^2); gamma = atan2(x(2),x(1)); options = optimset('TolX',h*delta_s/100,'FunValCheck','on'); [sb,fval,exitflag] = fzero(@(sb) PIfun(r,R,h,gamma,x(3),sb),... [(x(3)-h*pi)/h,x(3)/h],options); if exitflag ~=1, disp('Error: PI invalid'); end % note that beta=sb in Kyle's formula alphaX = atan(r*sin(gamma-sb)/(R - r*cos(gamma-sb))); st = sb + pi -...

Quick question: Matlab Mapping: Trimming
Hello all, I have a GENERAL MATRIX MAP, in latitudes and longitudes coordinates. I would like to trim this map according to the latitude and longitude vectors of a basin inside that zone. I can't seem to do it with 'roipoly' because its not a REGULAR matrix map, nor with 'maptrim' because its not a vector map. Any clues? Thanks a lot, Bruno Benedetti ...

question about design fir filter with matlab
hi all, i need to design fir filter to eliminate frequency component; my signal banwith B=10kHZ, samples Fs=20kHz signal is corrupted by four sinusoids with frequncies: F1=10kHz F2=8889Hz F3=7778Hz F4=6667Hz i found H(z)( H(z)=(z-0.5)*(z-0.3889)*(z-0.4445)*(z-0.3334)) but i don know how can i show in the matlab... pls help me thanx "icestone" <kiresun@hotmail.com> wrote in news:f- 2dneGA8q_b2NbYnZ2dnUVZ_tCdnZ2d@giganews.com: > hi all, > > i need to design fir filter to eliminate frequency component; > my signal banwith B=10kHZ, samples Fs=20kHz > > signal is corrupted by four sinusoids with frequncies: > F1=10kHz F2=8889Hz F3=7778Hz F4=6667Hz > > i found H(z)( H(z)=(z-0.5)*(z-0.3889)*(z-0.4445)*(z-0.3334)) but i dont > know how can i show in the matlab... pls help me > thanx > > > I don't know if you're trying to do this practically or as an exercise, but my opinion is that your sampling rate is not high enough (practically speaking) for your bandwidth. You also didn't state what frequencies you are trying to attenuate., -- Scott Reverse name to reply icestone wrote: > hi all, > > i need to design fir filter to eliminate frequency component; > my signal banwith B=10kHZ, samples Fs=20kHz > > signal is corrupted by four sinusoids with frequncies: > F1=10kHz F2=8889Hz F3=7778Hz F4=6667Hz > > i found H(z)( H(z)=(z-0.5)*(z-0.3889)*(z-0.4445)*(z-0.3334...

Re: dll, matlab an LadVIEW #12
I am trying to get a MATLAB compiled DLL to work in LabVIEW.&nbsp; I have monitored many of the discussion but I don't see anyone having the same problem I am that was resolved.&nbsp; The problem appears to be when the &lt;library&gt; terminate is called along with the MCR terminate function.&nbsp; It doesn't really seem to terminate.&nbsp; Her is a snippet of my code.&nbsp; I have broken the wrapper into 3 parts:&nbsp; Init, Calculate and Uninit.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Then in LV I have 3 calls to the call library node.&nbsp; First the init, then a loop to call calculate (vilineWidth) and finally terminate when stop is clicked.&nbsp; If I start fresh - delete the directory created by the MCRInitialize (\cviDLL_mcr) I can successfully call the Init and calculate as many times as I want.&nbsp; When I click stop it "appears" to stop.&nbsp; Problem is that the &lt;library&gt;Terminate does not return a value.&nbsp; If I try to re-run then I get an error when the mclInitializeApplicationfunction is called.&nbsp; If I exit LV and manually blow away the _mcr directory and re-run I can get back to being able to call calculate.&nbsp; If I try to blow away the directory WITHOUT closing LV is says a file is in use and cannot do it.&nbsp; This would seem to suggest that the Terminates are not functioning properly.&nbsp; Any thougts?? &nbsp; LLCVICALC_API int CVIMatlabInit(void) { ...

Incompatible of MAT file for Matlab 6.5.1 and Matlab 7.0
Hi! I have recently installed Matlab 7.0. I have save my simulation results in .MAT file. However, these MAT files can't be opened using Matlab 6.5.1. I encountered problem as follows: ??? Error using ==> load Unable to read MAT file D:\MATLAB7\work\results.mat File may be corrupt. How can I solve this problem? Thanks. Linda Please see here: <http://tx.technion.ac.il/~perryb/matlab7/mat7.pdf> In short, save again as: The new features and enhancements are described in the "Release notes" of Matlab. A new feature that causes incompatibility with previous versions of Matlab is the new encoding of MAT files. Matlab release 14 writes character and figure data to MAT-files using Unicode encoding by default. Unicode encoded MAT-files are not readable by earlier versions of Matlab. If you intend to load your MAT-files created with Matlab release 14, you must override the Unicode default during the save. You can override the default encoding by using the -v6 switch with save and hgsave: save filename -v6 hgsave filename -v6 Hope it helps Linda wrote: > > > Hi! > > I have recently installed Matlab 7.0. > I have save my simulation results in .MAT file. > However, these MAT files can't be opened using Matlab 6.5.1. > > I encountered problem as follows: > > ??? Error using ==> load > Unable to read MAT file D:\MATLAB7\work\results.mat > > File ma...

Recent soft computing papers and MATLAB Toolboxes
Dear Colleagues, I would like to call your kind attention to the updated website of the Soft Computing Research Group at the University of Veszprem (Hungary) http://www.fmt.vein.hu/softcomp/ You can download MATLAB Toolboxes: - Fuzzy Clustering MATLAB Toolbox - Genetic Programming MATLAB Toolbox - Interactive Evolutionary Strategy (EASy) MATLAB Toolbox - Constrained Fuzzy Model Identification for the FMID Toolbox independent MATLAB programs related to: - Data mining * Fuzzy clustering based time-series segmentation * Supervised Fuzzy Clustering for the Identification of Fuzzy Classifiers * Fuzzy Modeling with Multidimensional Membership Functions: Grey-Box Identification and Control Design * Compact TS-Fuzzy Models through Clustering and OLS plus FIS Model Reduction * Inconsistency Analysis of Labeled Data * Star plots - MATLAB files for Graphical Representation of trace elements of clinkers - Process control and monitoring * Feedback Linearizing Control Using Hybrid Neural Networks Identified by Sensitivity Approach * Incorporating Prior Knowledge in Cubic Spline Approximation - Application to the Identification of Reaction Kinetic Models * Identification and Control of Nonlinear Systems Using Fuzzy Hammerstein Models - A Simple Fuzzy Classifier based on manuscripts in PDF about - fuzzy model based process control and monitoring - fuzzy clustering and classification - incorpor...

Please I need a help, how to solve this question in MATLAB?
1. y = 10x / x.^2 + 5x + 8 2. y = 2cos2x+3sinx.^2 ...

Recent soft computing papers and MATLAB Toolboxes
Dear Colleagues, I would like to call your kind attention to the updated website of the Soft Computing Research Group at the University of Veszprem (Hungary) http://www.fmt.vein.hu/softcomp/ You can download MATLAB Toolboxes: - Fuzzy Clustering MATLAB Toolbox - Genetic Programming MATLAB Toolbox - Interactive Evolutionary Strategy (EASy) MATLAB Toolbox - Constrained Fuzzy Model Identification for the FMID Toolbox independent MATLAB programs related to: - Data mining * Fuzzy clustering based time-series segmentation * Supervised Fuzzy Clustering for the Identification of Fuzzy Classifiers * Fuzzy Modeling with Multidimensional Membership Functions: Grey-Box Identification and Control Design * Compact TS-Fuzzy Models through Clustering and OLS plus FIS Model Reduction * Inconsistency Analysis of Labeled Data * Star plots - MATLAB files for Graphical Representation of trace elements of clinkers - Process control and monitoring * Feedback Linearizing Control Using Hybrid Neural Networks Identified by Sensitivity Approach * Incorporating Prior Knowledge in Cubic Spline Approximation - Application to the Identification of Reaction Kinetic Models * Identification and Control of Nonlinear Systems Using Fuzzy Hammerstein Models - A Simple Fuzzy Classifier based on manuscripts in PDF about - fuzzy model based process control and monitoring - fuzzy clustering and classification - incorporation of a priori knowledge in the identif...

Web resources about - matlab Question #12 - comp.soft-sys.matlab

To SQL or NoSQL? That’s the database question
It's a tangled, database web out there. (credit: Getty Images) Poke around the infrastructure of any startup website or mobile app these days, ...

Apple responds to FBI iPhone hack, but questions remain
Yesterday, the FBI announced that it had managed to break into the San Bernardino shooter's iPhone sans help from Apple. The iPhone manufacturer ...

4 Questions That Unlock Brand Potential
It’s difficult to escape the pervasive influence that brands have on our lives. In the broadest sense, brands constitute the organizing mechanism ...

Questions remain over deadly mystery bacteria in Midwest
Questions remain over deadly mystery bacteria in Midwest

U.S. hacks iPhone, ends legal battle but questions linger
The extraordinary legal fight pitting the Obama administration against technology giant Apple Inc. ended unexpectedly after the FBI said it used ...

FBI's iPhone hack raises troubling questions
The US Department of Justice says it was able to break into an iPhone without Apple's help, but it won't answer queries about the data it accessed. ...

EgyptAir hijacking raises security questions
CNN EgyptAir hijacking raises security questions CNN (CNN) You're the pilot of a passenger airliner. A flight attendant brings news: There's ...

FBI hack raises questions about iPhone security
The FBI hack of an iPhone 5c running iOS 9 may have left the device just a little bit insecure in the eyes of some users, as the agency has not ...

The big question for Republicans: Can they keep the Senate by bailing on Trump?
While some Republicans dream of a contested convention that will rip the party’s presidential nomination out of Donald Trump’s grasp, others—along ...