Matlab R2006b compatability with Matlab R14?

I am trying to execute some code (a mixture of C++ and Matlab) that
was delivered to me. The Matlab code was originally developed under
Matlab R14. I have Matlab R2006b installed on my system.

When I attempt to execute the program, I get the following message:

I18N Runtime warning:

         Missing ICU data file detected while processing
$(MATLAB)/bin/$(ARCH).

         Hint: Check for a misconfigured environment or
installation.

When I look in the referenced directory, there does appear to be an
ICU related .dat file.

Any ideas as to what could be causing this runtime warning?

Thanks.
0
BSand0764 (4)