Matlab R2008a strange behavior

Hello,
I use Matlab R2008a under Ubuntu linux. When I switch from another
program(for example, emacs or another window of matlab) to the main
command window or the editor window, my keyboard loses response:
matlab still works but doesnt display anything I taped from keyboard.
I need to click my mouse on the menu bar or others places to reactive
it. This strange behavior just drives me mad. Can anyone here help?
My java version:
java-6-sun-1.6.0.06

Thanks!

comp.soft-sys.matlab 211266 articles. 17 followers. lunamoonmoon (258) is leader. Post Follow

On Aug 27, 6:54=A0am, ettevy <han.wang1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> I use Matlab R2008a under Ubuntu linux. When I switch from another
> program(for example, emacs or another window of matlab) to the main
> command window or the editor window, my keyboard loses response:
> matlab still works but doesnt display anything I taped from keyboard.
> I need to click my mouse on the menu bar or others places to reactive
> it. This strange behavior just drives me mad. Can anyone here help?
> My java version:
> java-6-sun-1.6.0.06
>
> Thanks!

I had a problem running Matlab R2007b under Ubuntu when I had the
fancy graphics mode set to anything other than the lowest setting
(sorry, booted into windows right now and I can't remember what that
setting is actually called).  It's an easy enough fix to try.
ettevy <han.wang1981@gmail.com> wrote in message
<5c9242fd-f08e-40e4-b4b2-3a9daeea7078@l42g2000hsc.googlegroups.com>...
> Hello,
> I use Matlab R2008a under Ubuntu linux. When I switch from
another
> program(for example, emacs or another window of matlab) to
the main
> command window or the editor window, my keyboard loses
response:
> matlab still works but doesnt display anything I taped
from keyboard.
> I need to click my mouse on the menu bar or others places
to reactive
> it. This strange behavior just drives me mad. Can anyone
here help?
> My java version:
> java-6-sun-1.6.0.06
>
> Thanks!

I have the same thing for R2008a under Windows XP SP2.

If i am editing within the MATLAB Editor, then Alt-tab out
to another application and then alt-tab back to the Editor i
lose cursor focus and have to 'click back in'.

Quite frustrating but i've just had to learn to live with it.

More frustrating, on my laptop, the same installation (same
OS) works fine.

0
readmore1 (122)