Matlab student license for MDSD (e.g. Matlab Coder)

Hello,

I'm evaluating products for writing my final university thesis. I want to perform image processing algorithms (C-Code compiled for a DSP). I have the feeling that manual programming of this algorithms is no longer state of the art. Instead MDSD (model driven software development) - that means Code Generation - seems to be smarter to me.

Unfortunately Mathworks offers no licenses of Matlab Coder (or Simulink Coder etc.) to individual students. And I cannot afford to buy a commercial license (which probably would cost me more than 5.000 EUR/$ / my absolute limit is 1.000 EUR/$).

Is there any possibility for me to use MDSD (code generation) for image processing for my university thesis ? Maybe by using cheaper alternatives ? Or by using 3d party software (like target link) ? Or export/import to another product ? Any idea ? (I want to avoid manual coding - like using OpenCV)

By the way, does anyone know, why Mathworks hides the MDSD features from students ? It doesn't make sense to me that Mathworks reduces the amount of engineers available on the job market that are capable of handling (serious) Matlab projects. (Microsoft offers the "Visual Studio Express Edition" for free for education and the amount of people on the job market that are experienced in Visual Studio is tremendous.).

Thank you,
Roelof
0
rberg (1)

Run Matlab ... from Matlab
Hello, Is there any limitation to run Matlab from Matlab, as a system command, on Linux platforms ? I tried to start Matlab, both using the ! syntax (!matlab&) or the system command (system('matlab&')), the Matlab splash screen appears, but the new Matlab session closes rapidly . When I do the same with a script of mine (system('matlab -r "myscript"&')), my script is being executed, but Matlab finally crashes . If I remove the &, it works well, but the first Matlab session is blocked till I close the second one . I run Matlab on a Linux 64bits platform . Thanks in advance, Nicolas On 10-12-03 01:22 AM, Nicolas wrote: > Is there any limitation to run Matlab from Matlab, as a system command, > on Linux platforms ? > I tried to start Matlab, both using the ! syntax (!matlab&) or the > system command (system('matlab&')), the Matlab splash screen appears, > but the new Matlab session closes rapidly . > When I do the same with a script of mine (system('matlab -r > "myscript"&')), my script is being executed, but Matlab finally crashes . > If I remove the &, it works well, but the first Matlab session is > blocked till I close the second one . > I run Matlab on a Linux 64bits platform . It appears there is a parsing problem in the script that invokes Matlab. Here's an example of what I had to do to get around it: !matlab -r \""...

MATLAB talking to MATLAB?
For my project, I need to have a client program (MATLAB executable) talking to a server program (also MATLAB executable) to query data. Is there any easy way to accomplish that? I appreciate any help that I can get on that. Thanks. Cheers, Hoi Oops, I forgot to mention. There are multiple clients querying the server, so I guess serial objects + remote serial port wouldn't work. "Hoi Wong" <wonghoi.ee@gmail.com_> wrote in message news:f3ald6$gg4$1@news.Stanford.EDU... > For my project, I need to have a client program (MATLAB executable) > talking to a ser...

How to display MATLAB version (e.g., "MATLAB 7.1") in Windows taskbar?
I am working on converting some MATLAB code from version 6.5.2 to 7.1 and often have several (up to three) versions of MATLAB running at the same time. Each one shows up in the Windows taskbar with just the name "MATLAB." Is there a way to have it display something like "MATLAB 7.1" and "MATLAB 6.5.2" so I can easily tell which version is which from just the taskbar? Thanks, Peter Neumann This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------080708050208070604060508 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding...

Matlab 2011: matlab coder (build failed)
When I create a MATLAB Coder Project and try to convert this function: ------------------------- function y = myResampler(x,m,n) %#codegen fsVec = [8000 16000 32000 48000]; targetFsVec = [8000 16000 32000 48000]; fs = fsVec(m); targetFs = targetFsVec(n); y = resample(x,targetFs,fs); ------------------------- to C-code I get a build error saying: coder -build resamplerproj.prj ??? The upsample factor P must be constant. Error in ==> myResampler Line: 12 Column: 5 Code generation failed: Open error report. But I want to be able to resample x using a variable P/Q ratio. Is this jus...

matlab to matlab remote execution
Hi I have two win PCs running matlab 7. One is slow and other is a high spec fast PC. They are connected to LAN. The directory on fast PC where all matlab work takes place has been mounted as a drive on slow PC. Hence this directory on fast PC can be accessed from slow PC's matlab session. I want to let the user on slow PC run some computationally intense M scripts in his matlab session but execute them on fast PC. I tried usual unix like method. First installed telnet server on fast PC. Then used telnet client on slow PC to log on fast PC. If I attempt to start matlab in slow PC telnet ...

DLL creating by Matlab for Matlab
I would like to know if it is possible to convert several M-files into one DLL with Matlab (by using mcc or mex or other functions) and use this DLL with Matlab. How can I do that? I could create DLL with mcc -l xxx.m but I can't use this DLL with Matlab (error: "??? The function, script or class xxx cannot be indexed using {} or . indexing.") I have a project on Matlab with just M-files and I want to give this project to someone who want to use it on Matlab too, but I don't want to give him the source M algorithms. Moreover, I don't want to have an executable....

Matlab plots outside Matlab
I'm making an end-user application where I would like to use Matlab functionality both for calculation and plotting. Matlabs GUI builder guide does not satisfy my needs (no support for f.ex. internal frames and other nescessities), so I'm planning to compile my Matlab code and use other API (Java, QT or something) for GUI. My problem is then, that I loose access to the neat plotting commands availible under matlab GUI... Is there a way of integrating Matlabs plot functionality into another GUI system? - has it been done? - I appreciate any response! - P�l Berge ...

Spawning matlab from within matlab
Hello all, I would like to spawn multiple matlab processes from an '.m' script. Meaning, run an m-file from a 'parent' Matlab that launches, say, 8 more 'children' matlab processes. I'd like to do it in such a way that the same m-file in the 'parent' is able to close down, or kill, all the 'children' processes. Any suggestions? Joe ...

from Delphi to matlab and matlab to delphi
How to send vars from Delphi to Matlab ? and viceverse, from matlab to delphi ? thanks, it is dificult, and not found answers in the internet. jairo serrano wrote: > > > How to send vars from Delphi to Matlab ? and viceverse, from matlab > to delphi ? thanks, it is dificult, and not found answers in the > internet. When I want to use Matlab variables in another program, I write them to file. You can use comma separated files (csv). Try: > help csvwrite > help dlmwrite Works fine for me. Hope this helps, Niels jairo serrano wrote: > How to send vars from Delphi to Matlab ? and viceverse, from matlab > to delphi ? thanks, it is dificult, and not found answers in the > internet. The simplest is with OLE. Have a look here: - Francis Burton, "Callin Matlab from Delphi" #, 19 Nov 2003 4:27 pm </WebX?50@@.eecb61d> Two sample projects are given here: - <http://www.djpate.freeserve.co.uk/Matlab.htm> From Matlab to Delphi you would have to write a mex files, thats more difficult. Regards, Peter hi i did the connection between delphi4.0 and matlab6.5 and I could cacth the value from Delphi to Matlab but can't to cacth the value from Matlab to Delphi, Do you have an idea??? I think that this project it is look like with yours , Did you make this project? Thanks in Advance, Thiago Holanda jairo serrano wrote: > > > How to send vars from Delphi to Matlab ? and viceverse, from matlab > to delphi ? thanks, it...

Calling Compiled MATLAB from MATLAB
Hello everyone, How do I compile MATLAB M files into a form that can then be called from within the MATLAB interpreter? A roundabout way would seem to be to (somehow) Turn the matlab code into C (I think mcc does this), then compile this C code into MEX format and call that. Is there an easier way? I have the MATLAB compiler, so I just need to know what to do with it to get this to work. Thanks in advance, Sina sina.tootoonian wrote: > > > Hello everyone, > > How do I compile MATLAB M files into a form that can then be called > from within the MATLAB interpreter? A roundabout way would seem to > be > to (somehow) Turn the matlab code into C (I think mcc does this), > then > compile this C code into MEX format and call that. Is there an > easier > way? I have the MATLAB compiler, so I just need to know what to do > with > it to get this to work. > > Thanks in advance, > > Sina > > HELP MEX > HELP MEX Or, better, HELP MCC help pcode pseudo code is useful to obfuscate code - protect algorithms, yet still run at full speed and be distributable to other matlab users sina.tootoonian wrote: > > > Hello everyone, > > How do I compile MATLAB M files into a form that can then be called > from within the MATLAB interpreter? A roundabout way would seem to > be > to (somehow) Turn the matlab code into C (I think mcc does this), > then > compile this C code into MEX format and call that...

Calling Matlab in C in Matlab
Hi everybody! My problem can be described as follows. I have a tool in Matlab that requires calling an optimisation algorithm in C. This algorithm consists of several C-files, one of which contains the function to be minimised (CFUNCTION), and another is the main algorithm file (CMAIN). Now what I want to do is to call Matlab from CFUNCTION or CMAIN and specify my custom function (MFUNCTION) to be minimised. So, I'm calling Matlab from C from Matlab. I'm a newbie in C and MEX files. Should I rewrite CMAIN as a MEX file and include CFUNCTION in this and then use mxCallMATLAB? Or can...

matlab in JAVA or java in MATLAB?
Hi guys I am now experencing a great difficulty in the interation between java and matlab. I have an objective function written in JAVA with has method return an numerical number, i call it 'profit'. The nature of this obtive function (ObjFun.java) is that it takes an parameter input, say C, with different C value, the returned profit value is different. Eventually I want to find the optimized C value which produce the maximun profit (C will be under constrains). Initially I want to use linprog or fminsearch in matlab. So I tried the command in matlab that excutes my ObjFun.java. But it failed because my ObjFun.java will call an external .exe file. and the file path contains spaces which is fine by Java but not matlab. I stuck here, I myself is a Java programmer not good at matlab, I can't find any thing on google about the solution to my problem. So here I propose another idea: call matlab function in JAVA. I need some advise on this. Thank you very much for a reply!!! Lemon can anyone give advice?? "Lemon F" <f.lemon.jin@hotmail.com> wrote in message <i3bag7$i96$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > can anyone give advice?? If you would not have double-posted you would have seen that you already received advice (on the other post): http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/newsreader/view_thread/288403 ...

Please insert the MATLAB student version CD and restart MATLAB
After successfully installing MATLAB in Mandrake Linux when I try to start MATLAB I get the following message: Please insert MATLAB student version CD and restart MATLAB even though the CD is in there. I am new to Linux. Any insight will be appreciated. Mary In article <eeef975.-1@webx.raydaftYaTP>, mskalick@rochester.rr.com says... > After successfully installing MATLAB in Mandrake Linux when I try to > start MATLAB I get the following message: > > Please insert MATLAB student version CD and restart MATLAB even > though the CD is in there. > > I am new to Linu...

Matlab engine with matlab R2010b

parallel matlab
Hi all, I'm going to work on a project involving a parallel version of MATLAB - I'm aware of various efforts like MATLAB-*P and so on Right now I need to read up on some material regarding MATLAB internals eg: How are the ATLAS(or is it BLAS) routines called in MATLAB? How does MATLAB's C code store information in memory, cache'ing etc? How is one to get at those? Do you know of any suitable reference(s)/resource(s)? Thank you very much, Aravind ...

How to use matlab codes in a stand alone application without matlab license?
Hi, &nbsp; I am not an expert in programming and i don't know about C++, i have a program using matlab codes and now i want to transfer it to a computer without matlab license. I've read something about using DLL, but i think i have to know C++ programming&nbsp; to wrtie "WRAPPER" and add some lines to the program, now transformed in C++. &nbsp; I just would llike&nbsp;to know that really isn't any other way to integrate matlab for a stand-alone application? i read somethings in Matlab help about using COM (Common Object Model ) but i am not sure that la...

matlab
Mam problem z uruchomieniem matlaba7,0. Instalacja przebiega bez problemu, ale po pr�bie uruchomienia pojawia sie okienko matlaba i od razu znika. Plytka jest dobra, a u znajomych ten sam egzemplarz , r�wniez pod XP (jak u mnie) chodzi bez zarzut�w. Jezeli ktos mial podobny problem i go rozwiazac; to prosze o wskaz�wki. Aha plytka nie jest orginalna. ...

Matlab
Hello , I'm a new user in Matlab. So should you advise matlab notes , documentation please ? <azatserver113@gmail.com> wrote in message news:7b4e75e2-40c6-43bb-acc6-2553123ba649@googlegroups.com... > Hello , > > I'm a new user in Matlab. So should you advise matlab notes , > documentation please ? > At the MATLAB command prompt type this command: doc This will show the documentation included as part of your installation. I recommend reading through the Getting Started section of the MATLAB documentation first, and executing the examp...

matlab
any one please can help me sploving the following question 1________Given the causal system y[n] =3D 0.9y[n-1] + x[n], find H(z) and sketch the pole-zero plot. See the functions roots.m and zplane.m. 2___ Plot the magnitude and phase of H(z) on the frequency axis from 0 =E2=80=93 =EF=81=B0, or normalized frequency 0 - 1, and label the graphs. S= ee the freqz.m command. hani_al_yazidi@hotmail.com wrote: > any one please can help me sploving the following question > > > 1________Given the causal system > > y[n] = 0.9y[n-1] + x[n], > > find H(z) and sketch the pole-zero plot. See the functions roots.m and > zplane.m. > > 2___ Plot the magnitude and phase of H(z) on the frequency axis from 0 > – , or normalized frequency 0 - 1, and label the graphs. See the > freqz.m command. It looks like homework. State what you tried and what error messages you got and someone who knows Matlab will probably help. We try not to do homework here, but (like gods) we do help those who help themselves. Jerry -- Engineering is the art of making what you want from things you can get. ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯&...

Matlab
Hi I want to find more information about MATLAB. Thank you! ...

matlab
using MATLAB to to convert time domain data to frequncy tomain in side labview Hello Mans, Could you provide a bit more detail about the problems you are getting with converting time domain data to frequency domain data in LabVIEW. There are many different analysis and transform vi's within LabVIEW which you could use. Depending on what your trying to do, you may need to install the Math Interface Toolkit which allows you to communicate to MATLAB from LabVIEW. I don't know if you currently have this installed but if you don't, please find the link to the page on our website belo...

can Matlab support 32-bit matlab version scripts on 64-bit version of matlab
can Matlab support 32-bit matlab version scripts on 64-bit version of matlab in windows platform?.if yes , how is the performance better ? please do answer this question thank u "Gangamma " <gangvsng@gmail.com> wrote in message <hvmr7h$sn0$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > can Matlab support 32-bit matlab version scripts on 64-bit version of matlab in windows platform?.if yes , how is the performance better ? Yes, Matlab program written in 32/64 bits are compatible accepted MEX file. 64-bit version can handle larger array but does *NOT* improve speed. Br...

can Matlab support 32-bit matlab version scripts on 64-bit version of matlab #2
can Matlab support 32-bit matlab version scripts on 64-bit version of matlab in windows platform?.if yes , how is the performance better ? please do answer this question thank u ...

Got a message from matlab: E:\Matlab_tutorial\compecon2011\cetools\psi.m has the same name as a MATLAB builtin
Hi, I am new to matlab. I tried to run a script file from my professor in my laptop but got this message: Warning: Function E:\Matlab_tutorial\compecon2011\cetools\psi.m has the same name as a MATLAB builtin. We suggest you rename the function to avoid a potential name conflict. > In path at 110 In paper2 at 9 Warning: Function E:\Matlab_tutorial\compecon2011\cetools\psi.mexw32 has the same name as a MATLAB builtin. We suggest you rename the function to avoid a potential name conflict. > In path at 110 In paper2 at 9 Does anybody please tell me what happened and...

Web resources about - Matlab student license for MDSD (e.g. Matlab Coder) - comp.soft-sys.matlab

Student - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A student (Also Pupil) is a learner, or someone who attends an educational institution. In some nations, the English term (or its cognate in ...

Open Letter To Black Emory Law Students: It Doesn’t Get Better
It never gets any easier to play this game of whack-a-racist, personally or professionally. And with Trump ascendant right now, I can't even ...

Columbia Journalism Student Is One of China’s First Rhodes Scholars
... in the U.S. “The lives of celebrities are too distant but the experiences of ordinary people are more relatable to others.” Hundreds of students ...

500 high school students
500 high school choir students sing the U.S. National anthem in a high-rise hotel. Each night before curfew, they gather on their balconies to ...

Students at California school allowed to display anti-gay stickers
Stickers being displayed by some students at a Southern California high school show a rainbow with a line crossing through it

Tim Gunn ‘loathed’ Jennifer Lawrence’s Dior, it ‘looked like a student project’
... this gown. Gunn said: “I loathed this look. I thought it was the amateur hour. From my many years of teaching, this to me looked like a student ...

Four hurt as student opens fire in Ohio school cafeteria
ABC News Four hurt as student opens fire in Ohio school cafeteria Charlotte Observer A child is comforted Monday near Middletown, Ohio, after ...

Teacher forced to resign after student allegedly steals nude photos from her phone
Technically Incorrect: In South Carolina, an engineering teacher says student got into her phone and shared private pictures she had made for ...

Valdosta State University black students escorted out of Trump rally
CNN International Valdosta State University black students escorted out of Trump rally CNN Valdosta, Georgia (CNN) A large group of black ...

Trump Ejects 30 Black Students From His Rally For No Reason
I think it's just about time the Secret Service stopped being Donald Trump's strong arm bullies. On Monday, 30 black students were taken out ...