MATLAB Student Version, Database Toolbox, SQL Server 2008 Express;

Hi,
I am new here; thanks in advance for your patience.

Can the Database Toolbox be added to the MATLAB Student Version?  If so, is SQL Server 2008 Express supported?

Which other versions of MATLAB, if any, support SQL Server 2008 Express?

Nicole
0
Nina

can Matlab support 32-bit matlab version scripts on 64-bit version of matlab
can Matlab support 32-bit matlab version scripts on 64-bit version of matlab in windows platform?.if yes , how is the performance better ? please do answer this question thank u "Gangamma " <gangvsng@gmail.com> wrote in message <hvmr7h$sn0$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > can Matlab support 32-bit matlab version scripts on 64-bit version of matlab in windows platform?.if yes , how is the performance better ? Yes, Matlab program written in 32/64 bits are compatible accepted MEX file. 64-bit version can handle larger array but does *NOT* improve speed. Br...

can Matlab support 32-bit matlab version scripts on 64-bit version of matlab #2
can Matlab support 32-bit matlab version scripts on 64-bit version of matlab in windows platform?.if yes , how is the performance better ? please do answer this question thank u ...

database toolbox and matlab server do not compromise?
I write a m-file to import data from a MS Access database. It works well when I execute it in Command Window, but when I use this import m-file via matlab server, it returns Matlab Application Error: No constructor com.mathworks.toolbox.databasee.sqlExec with matching signature found. exec and fetch are used as follow: cursor1=exec(connA, 'SELECT ...'); cursor1=fetch(cursor1,1); and I close all cursors and connection at the end. Who knows where is the problem? Thanks a lot sean ...

Adding Toolboxes to Matlab Student Version
I am considering buying the most newest version of Matlab Student Version (2008) and was wondering if Toolboxes from a previous professional version can be added to, and used in, the student version. Does anyone know if this will work of if Mathworks has something in to disallow this? Thanks in advance for any replys! pessen6 pessen Essenmacher wrote: > I am considering buying the most newest version of Matlab Student Version (2008) and > was wondering if Toolboxes from a previous professional version can be added to, and > used in, the student version. There are some toolboxes t...

Access database(Jet Engine) and SQL Server or SQL Server express
Hi, I am trying to find out what are the big differences between access database Jet engine and SQL Server? If I have serveral web applications (same content different copies) running as different sites(on IIS), each site using an access as a back-end database, all sites will be running simultaneously, all the access databases are on the same machine, on this approach, does each copy of access has its own Jet engine to handle database transaction or only has one Jet engine with multiple threads handles multiple copies of access database. Also, I'd like to know what kind database, and data...

Matlab Student Version and Parallel computing toolbox
I am planning to order the Matlab student version and the parallel computing toolbox. I have access to an Nvidia cuda enabled GPU card.Does the parallel computing toolbox (student version) support GPU computing? I thought I will ask before placing my order. Many Thanks for any help. H On 01/01/11 11:22 PM, Hamdi wrote: > > I am planning to order the Matlab student version and the parallel > computing toolbox. > > I have access to an Nvidia cuda enabled GPU card.Does the parallel > computing toolbox (student version) support GPU computing? > > I tho...

SQL Server 2008 Express: Database Diagrams
I am studying "Beginning SQL Server 2008 Express for Developers From Novice to Professional" by Robin Dewson. On pages 191 to 198, it deals with database diagrams. Following the instructions for creating one did not work. I expanded the Database Diagrams node for the database that is being developed (the one the is developed through the book). I get a dialog box of "This database does not have one ore more of the support objects required to use database diagramming. Do you wish to create them?" So far, so good. I answer Yes as I am supposed to, and then the...

move/copy database objects from SQL Server Express to SQL Server Standard??
Can anyone refer me to good 'recipes' or sources of information on this topic?? I have Visual Studio Tools for Office, which installs SS 2005 Express locally to my XP box, and I want to develop in SS 2005, then copy the tables or queries or reports etc. to a SS 2005 Standard server. Thank you, Tom Hi Tom If the objects are on source code control you may just want to check out the scripts and run them through SQLCMD. If you want the whole database then you can either use backup/restore or sp_detach_db/sp_attach_db, failing that you could use the import/export wizard, If SQLExpr...

Maple Toolbox for Matlab vs. Matlab Symbolic Toolbox?
What's the difference between Maple Toolbox for Matlab and Matlab Symbolic Math Toolbox? I saw Maplesoft website selling the former, and Mathworks selling the latter. Are they selling the same horse twice? In article <p9qdncFk5e7VVlHanZ2dnUVZ_jWdnZ2d@comcast.com>, Zeke Zeng <zzeng2@comcast.net> wrote: >What's the difference between Maple Toolbox for Matlab and Matlab Symbolic >Math Toolbox? >I saw Maplesoft website selling the former, and Mathworks selling the >latter. Are they selling the same horse twice? No, the Maple toolbox is m...

database toolbox problem (matlab ->MS SQL)
Original data in Matlab 6,13 6,13 6,13 6,13 5,39 5,39 5,39 5,39 5,15 5,15 5,15 5,15 the sam data importet in MS SQL 6,130000114 6,130000114 6,130000114 6,130000114 5,389999866 5,389999866 5,389999866 5,389999866 5,150000095 5,150000095 5,150000095 5,150000095 Why the difference in precision? I performed no operation with the numbers, I used only the command: insert(conn,'zaklad1',sloupce,data) conn - database connection zaklad1 - name of the database sloupce - the cell array (=names of collums in database) data - a cell array with data In the SQL server i use t...

Using SQL tables in matlab without the database toolbox
The subject title really says it all. I'm trying to educate myself (preferably via the web) on the subject of working with SQL inside matlab without the database toolbox. Does anyone know of any good online resources? This is a subject that has come up many times before, and usually a response is to link to an online doc by Prof. Robert Almgren. However, none of these links appear to be active. This publication seems useful so if anyone has this doc by Almgren, I'd be extremely grateful if they could send it to me at pauldepstein at yahoo.com Thank you very much for your help, Paul Epstein pauldepstein@att.net wrote: > The subject title really says it all. I'm trying to educate myself > (preferably via the web) on the subject of working with SQL inside > matlab without the database toolbox. Does anyone know of any good > online resources? > > This is a subject that has come up many times before, and usually a > response is to link to an online doc by Prof. Robert Almgren. > However, none of these links appear to be active. > > This publication seems useful so if anyone has this doc by Almgren, > I'd be extremely grateful if they could send it to me at pauldepstein > at yahoo.com > > Thank you very much for your help, > > Paul Epstein > Why not use the database toolbox, it's specially meant for that ? To expensive ? Why then within MatLab ? If you look at the Enthought edition of Python, y...

SQL Server 2008 R2 vs SQL Server 2008?
What are the differences between the two? Is there an advantage to use R2? Is there any reason to even use the non-R2 version? On Wed, 18 May 2011 12:01:41 -0700 (PDT), Joe Cool <joecool1969@live.com> wrote: >What are the differences between the two? > >Is there an advantage to use R2? > >Is there any reason to even use the non-R2 version? One difference that I found is that backups between the two versions are NOT compatible. I was not using R2 and someone I had run a test script was using R2. He sent me a backup of the resulting database, and I could not restore it. Sincerely, Gene Wirchenko Joe Cool (joecool1969@live.com) writes: > What are the differences between the two? > > Is there an advantage to use R2? > > Is there any reason to even use the non-R2 version? Depends which components of SQL Server you use. For the Database Engine there are very few differences. On the other hand, in the BI space there are lots of new stuff. Since I'm not into BI myself, I can't relate them. As for the tools, there is quite a nasty bug in SSMS 2008 R2: when you lose connection in your query window, SSMS R2 silently reconnects but dumps you in your default database (which typically is master). Also the spid in the status bar is not open. -- Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@sommarskog.se Links for SQL Server Books Online: SQL 2008: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/sqlserver/cc514207.aspx SQL 2005: http://msdn....

Re: Matlab & Microsoft SQL Server Management Express
Hello Everyone, I'm trying to establish a connection between the following two software: 1) Matlab Version 7.0.4.365 (R14) Service Pack 2; and 2) Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio Express 9.00.2047.00 If you can assist me to establish a connection between the two software, I would be grateful. Kind regards, Dipesh ...

Import of database from SQL Server with different types of variables into MATLAB
I am trying to import with the Toolbox \ Database \ Visual Query Bilder data from an SQL Server database. This original SQL database has 12 columns. 10 are real variables and 2 are DateTime variables. The problem is that only variables form the same type can be imported. How can I import the complete database with Dates and Times for this database? Alternatively, how can I create the original database on file in MATLBA which still contains the time stamp information. Christian ...

image aquisition toolbox for MATLAB R2007a student version #3
Hi, I am doing my final year project at uni and it involves image processing. I have MATLAB R2007a student version which i think comes with the image processing toolbox. However my project requires that I aquire a series of images from a camera/webcam and hence I need the image aquisition toolbox. On the website there are only versions of this for the 2008a and 2009a versions so where can I get one for the 2007a version? Thanks. sorry I posted this message 3 times... Its my first time posting on here and you dont find many of the functions you find in other forums for editing and trackin...

image aquisition toolbox for MATLAB R2007a student version #2
Hi, I am doing my final year project at uni and it involves image processing. I have MATLAB R2007a student version which i think comes with the image processing toolbox. However my project requires that I aquire a series of images from a camera/webcam and hence I need the image aquisition toolbox. On the website there are only versions of this for the 2008a and 2009a versions so where can I get one for the 2007a version? Thanks. ...

Connecting to SQL Server 2008 Express Databases from Visual FoxPro 9
Dear SQLers: The subject about says it all. How do I do this? My SQL Server 2008 Express system is LOOP\SQLEXPRESS. Apparently, I should create an ODBC connection. I have no idea how to do this. If you only know the SQL Server side, please reply with that side. That is more than what I know. Sincerely, Gene Wirchenko Gene Wirchenko (genew@ocis.net) writes: > > The subject about says it all. How do I do this? > > My SQL Server 2008 Express system is LOOP\SQLEXPRESS. > > Apparently, I should create an ODBC connection. I hav...

How to use new functions of new Matlab version in the old version of Matlab?
How to use new functions of new Matlab version in the old version of Matlab? Maybe it is not a good question but the situation is that I have got a MatlabR2008b on my laptop but the PCs of the university got only MatlabR2007b. I just want to use one particular function in the MatlabR2008b on the university machine. How can I do that? Just copy the toolbox? Or can I build the function as a .dll? Thanks! p.s: Of course I can not persuade the university to buy one MatlabR2008... I am also not the administrator; thus, I can not setup my MatlabR2008 on the university machine even I got th...

Copy databases from SQL 2005 server to SQL Express
Two Windows 2003 server, one with SQL 2005 server, another with SQL Express. Is it possible to copy databases from SQL 2005 to SQL Express? Thanks. Thanks (Thanks@work.com) writes: > Two Windows 2003 server, > one with SQL 2005 server, > another with SQL Express. > > Is it possible to copy databases from SQL 2005 to SQL Express? Yes, but I don't think you can use the Copy Database Wizard, but you will have to do it by hand. Which is not very difficult anyway. On source machine backup database, and make note of the logical filenames. (You see these with sp_helpdb). ...

opening matlab figures in older version of matlab
hey, im using matlab 6 to open figures and I'm getting the error: "error using ==> open Unable to read MAT file C:\figs\7b.fig See FILEFORMATS for a list of known file types and the functions used to read them." i think its because I may have made the figures in matlab 7 (but im not 100% sure). is this error typical of a version mismatch of that kind? is there a way to modify the figure so that an older version of matlab can open it? matlabnoob wrote: > > > hey, > im using matlab 6 to open figures and I'm getting the error: > > "error using ==>...

Backing up data between SQL Express 2005 and SQL Server 2008 Standard Edition
Hi, I am developing an application which needs to backup data between SQL Express 2005 and SQL Server 2008. My client runs with an installation of SQL express 2005 and needs to periodically back up data to a server database running on SQL Server 2008. The client db also receives some new data from server and needs to update itself. The question is HOW. You can create a backup on SQL Server 2005 and restore on SQL Server 2008. But you cannot restore SQL Server 2008 backup to SQL Server 2005 (as the format is not backward compatible). The standard technique is to script table structur...

bug on Matlab database toolbox
Hi, I'm using MySQL as database server and I tried to connect my database with Matlab trought mysql java connector. Connection is ok, but when I tried to use Matlab querybuilder interface, I cannot visualize my data. So... there is a bug in Matlab and I found that the problem is user name and password. In fact when I use the command line everything is ok!!!! I swet more before this solution and so I write..... Bye bye Mirco Di Marco ...

Matlab Database toolbox problems.
I am trying to load a very large database into matlab using the database toolbox. When I load it in using the visual Query Builder it is no problem. However when I try to do the same thing using code I recieve the following error message. ??? Java exception occurred: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space This occurs while using the fetch command. curs - fetch(curs);. I have been searching around and can find no reason why this should be the case. Thank you If you are on Windows, I would suggest trying to use ADO via the actxserver function to query your database. Gabriel Smith wrote:...

MATLAB 2010A student version
Hello all, I'm considering buying MATLAB 2010A student edition, but I have a quick question before I do. As I understand it I will be able to install matlab on both my laptop and my personal desktop at home. However I was wondering if there will be any problems installing matlab on both my machines, as my desktop is running 64-bit Windows 7, and my laptop is running 32-bit Windows Vista. With the install dvd, will I able to put 64-bit matlab on the desktop and 32-bit matlab on the laptop? Or am I just being a bit dense and asking silly questions? Kind regards Luke Luke: For...

Web resources about - MATLAB Student Version, Database Toolbox, SQL Server 2008 Express; - comp.soft-sys.matlab