Matlab Student Version on Multiple OS

Hello,

I recently purchased a Student edition of Matlab and installed it on a Windows PC. According to Mathworks, I can install Matlab on multiple computers. I wanted to also install it on a PC running Mac OS X; however, when I ran the installer and submitted the serial number, I got an error that prevented me from activating it on my Mac. Has anyone been able to successfully install the Student Version on multiple PCs?

Thanks in advance!
0
sri243 (5)

"Srikanth " <sri243@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I recently purchased a Student edition of Matlab and installed it on a
> Windows PC. According to Mathworks, I can install Matlab on multiple
> computers. I wanted to also install it on a PC running Mac OS X; however,
> when I ran the installer and submitted the serial number, I got an error
> that prevented me from activating it on my Mac. Has anyone been able to
> successfully install the Student Version on multiple PCs?

Please contact Technical Support for installation/licensing questions or for
help with installation problems.

--
Steve Lord
slord@mathworks.com

0
slord (13689)

Matlab 2011a student version
Please advise. I have installed Matlab 2011a on a Window 7 64 bit OS laptop. Will it run smoothly? If not what are the fixes? Thanks RR ...

Matlab student license for MDSD (e.g. Matlab Coder)
Hello, I'm evaluating products for writing my final university thesis. I want to perform image processing algorithms (C-Code compiled for a DSP). I have the feeling that manual programming of this algorithms is no longer state of the art. Instead MDSD (model driven software development) - that means Code Generation - seems to be smarter to me. Unfortunately Mathworks offers no licenses of Matlab Coder (or Simulink Coder etc.) to individual students. And I cannot afford to buy a commercial license (which probably would cost me more than 5.000 EUR/$ / my absolute limit is 1.000 EUR/$). Is there any possibility for me to use MDSD (code generation) for image processing for my university thesis ? Maybe by using cheaper alternatives ? Or by using 3d party software (like target link) ? Or export/import to another product ? Any idea ? (I want to avoid manual coding - like using OpenCV) By the way, does anyone know, why Mathworks hides the MDSD features from students ? It doesn't make sense to me that Mathworks reduces the amount of engineers available on the job market that are capable of handling (serious) Matlab projects. (Microsoft offers the "Visual Studio Express Edition" for free for education and the amount of people on the job market that are experienced in Visual Studio is tremendous.). Thank you, Roelof ...

Does Visual Studio compilers support student version MATLAB
Hello, my goal is make cuda code working at my MATLAB student version .I have 2010 Visual Studio with MATLAB Version(R2011a) This is my VER MATLAB Version 7.12.0.635 (R2011a) MATLAB License Number: STUDENT Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Version 6.1 (Build 7601: Service Pack 1) Java VM Version: Java 1.6.0_17-b04 with Sun Microsystems Inc. Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM mixed mode ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- MATLAB Version 7.12 (R2011a) Simulink Version 7.7 (R2011a) Control System Toolbox Version 9.1 (R2011a) DSP System Toolbox Version 8.0 (R2011a) Fixed-Point Toolbox Version 3.3 (R2011a) Image Processing Toolbox Version 7.2 (R2011a) Optimization Toolbox Version 6.0 (R2011a) Parallel Computing Toolbox Version 5.1 (R2011a) Signal Processing Toolbox Version 6.15 (R2011a) Statistics Toolbox Version 7.5 (R2011a) Symbolic Math Toolbox Version 5.6 EDU>> setup_cuda_mex Note that only Visual Studio compilers are supported. Creating cudamexopts.bat based on ...

Matlab engine with matlab R2010b

MATLAB Student Version, Database Toolbox, SQL Server 2008 Express;
Hi, I am new here; thanks in advance for your patience. Can the Database Toolbox be added to the MATLAB Student Version? If so, is SQL Server 2008 Express supported? Which other versions of MATLAB, if any, support SQL Server 2008 Express? Nicole ...

Matlab 6 Student Version 12 w/Simulink [Windows
I purchased this copy from a university bookstore in California and the bookstore employee, as an inducement to purchase, indicated that the necessary permanent password would be forthcoming. He never provided it. In short I was deceived and defrauded and now have an unusable copy of Matlab. How may I resolve this dilemma ? Appreciatively, C.Thomas "Courtney Thomas" <ccthomas@joimail.com> wrote in message news:pan.2005.05.18.13.50.51.891670@joimail.com... >I purchased this copy from a university bookstore in California and the > bookstore employee, as an inducement to purchase, indicated that the > necessary permanent password would be forthcoming. He never provided it. > > In short I was deceived and defrauded and now have an unusable copy of > Matlab. > > How may I resolve this dilemma ? The Student Version of MATLAB shouldn't need a password -- the bookstore employee was probably thinking of the professional version of MATLAB, which does require a passcode or a license file. Chapter 2 of the Learning MATLAB 6 manual, which should have been included in the box, discusses how to install the Student Version. As long as you follow the instructions in that chapter and have your documentation CD in the drive when you start MATLAB, it should work. There is one issue that you may run into if your machine has a Pentium 4 -- see section 27 of this document for instructions on how to avoid this issue. http://www.mathwo...

Matlab and Multiple Processors
I am looking for people who use desktop scientific applications such as Matlab, LabVIEW, and IDL to develop software intended for multiple processor computers. I am a student conducting research on behalf of a startup that is developing a solution that enables Matlab code, for instance, to execute on HPCs with little or no modification. This is not a sales pitch. I would simply like to know more about how researchers and engineers are developing software for parallel architectures. If you are willing to help, please contact me at the address below. Thank you, Alex a b e n n i o n (at) m i t . e d u -- Thank you to all those who have contacted me so far. However, to make things a little easier, I have published a very brief survey at http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=342311154224. If you haven't done so already, please take a minute to help us improve our software. Thanks again, Alex a b e n n i o n (at) mit.edu -- ...

Discrepancy in MATLAB versions
Hi , I am profiling code in two different versions of MATLAB (2009a and 2012a). The machine 2012a is installed is newer than the machine with 2009a, and thus, a better CPU. However, when I execute the following: A=magic(10000) A.*A I received two different timing results, the 2009a results (414.0415 seconds) are much lower than 2012a (574.746 seconds). Any suggestion on why this is the case would be greatly appreciated. Also, all other subsecquent code in MATLAB 2012a is much lower than 2009a. Thanks On 29 apr, 15:30, "Jerome " <the_r...@hotmail.com> wrote: > Hi , > I am profiling code in two different versions of MATLAB (2009a and 2012a). The machine 2012a is installed is newer than the machine with 2009a, and thus, a better CPU. However, when I execute the following: > > A=magic(10000) > A.*A > > I received two different timing results, the 2009a results (414.0415 seconds) are much lower than 2012a (574.746 seconds). Any suggestion on why this is the case would be greatly appreciated. > > Also, all other subsecquent code in MATLAB 2012a is much lower than 2009a. > > Thanks Simple question, but hard to answer: What happens if you exchange Matlab versions? I know, too much trouble, but this may shed some light on your problem. And do you have more memory available to the 2009a version? Just some thoughts. Good luck "Jerome " <the_rome@hotmail.com> wrote in message <jnjfp0$9fc$1@newscl01a...

Detect matlab version
Is there a variable I can query to discover the version of matlab I am using while running a file. The old code for imhist does not work with the new imhist code (the new code is much better) I would like to have a statement saying IF (MATLAB < 2007) use this ELSE use imhist END Does this exist? thank you Erik wrote: > Is there a variable I can query to discover the version of matlab I am using while running a file. AllVers = ver; ThisVer = AllVers(strcmp({AllVers.Name},'MATLAB')); You can then either look at ThisVer.Release(2:end-1) to get out 'R2007a' (for example), or at ThisVer.Version to get out '7.4' (for example) "Erik " <Idont@wantSpam.co> wrote in message news:gd35ou$l1m$1@fred.mathworks.com... > Is there a variable I can query to discover the version of matlab I am > using while running a file. > > The old code for imhist does not work with the new imhist code (the new > code is much better) I would like to have a statement saying > > IF (MATLAB < 2007) > use this > ELSE > use imhist > END > > > Does this exist? Use VER, VERSION, and/or VERLESSTHAN: http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/techdoc/ref/ver.html http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/techdoc/ref/version.html http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/techdoc/ref/verlessthan.html As the Remarks section of the VERLESSTHAN reference page indicates, if your version of MATLAB doesn&#...

Need help for a matlab mini project

Change of version for MATLAB files
Hi , I have installed MATLAB 7, now if I want to install 6.5 then how to change the version of MATLAB files which are made in version 7, as some files of newer version may not work in older version? "rajesh " <rajesh.shaw@gmail.com> wrote in message news:ff9e6t$26v$1@fred.mathworks.com... > Hi , > I have installed MATLAB 7, now if I want to install 6.5 > then how to change the version of MATLAB files which are > made in version 7, as some files of newer version may not > work in older version? There is NO version number for your m files when you create them? they are just plain text file. But If you create an .m file which runs ok under version 7, and you want this file to run ok under earlier versions (assuming it does not), then you need to make the necessary changes in your m file to make it run under earlier versions (this is sometimes called backporting). But if your m file calls function(s) that are part of Matlab and those functions only exist in version 7 and not in the erarlier version, then you might be out of luck there. I am not sure why you want to do this. The common practice is to go the other way. Any reason why, if you have version 7 you want to use version 6.5? may be if you give the reason it would help to give you a better advice. Nasser On Oct 18, 10:13 pm, "Nasser Abbasi" <n...@12000.org> wrote: > "rajesh " <rajesh.s...@gmail.com> wrote in message > > ne...

matlab vectorized multiplication question
Hello everyone, I have a matrix say 'A' of size 100x3 and a row vector 'B' of size 100x1 vector. What I want to do is element wise multiply each of the column vector in A with the vector B which should give me a 100x3 matrix. Is there a way to do this in one statement where I do not also have to loop over 1:3 (the column dimensions). Many thanks for any help you can give me. Luca Luca <luca.pamparana@gmail.com> wrote in message <c8754659-54e2-4e10-82dd-48a6a76f8b0f@f36g2000vbm.googlegroups.com>... > Hello everyone, > > I have a matrix say 'A' of size 100x3 and a row vector 'B' of size > 100x1 vector. What I want to do is element wise multiply each of the > column vector in A with the vector B which should give me a 100x3 > matrix. > > Is there a way to do this in one statement where I do not also have to > loop over 1:3 (the column dimensions). ====================== You can do bsxfun(@times,A,B) but I wouldn't be surprised if the for-loop is faster, given the small size of the loop. On Oct 30, 4:21=A0pm, "Matt J " <mattjacREM...@THISieee.spam> wrote: > Luca <luca.pampar...@gmail.com> wrote in message <c8754659-54e2-4e10-82dd= -48a6a76f8...@f36g2000vbm.googlegroups.com>... > > Hello everyone, > > > I have a matrix say 'A' of size 100x3 and a row vector 'B' of size > > 100x1 vector. What I want to do is element wi...

bar
In MatLab 6.5, the routine above works normal: figure; sem=Average(:,2)./sqrt(Average(:,3)); bar([1:1:7],Average(:,1),sem); ylabel('% of epochs analyzed') xlabel('Frequency Band') title ('Occurrence of Oscillatory Events - Ch X') %Where Average and sem are vectors; But, in MatLab 7.0, the same code cause the following error: ??? Error using ==> xychk Too many input arguments. Error in ==> bar at 53 [msg,x,y] = xychk(args{1:nargs},'plot'); Error in ==> cross_subj_analysis>ok_Callback at 327 bar([1:1:7],Average(:,1),sem); I'd like to know why this occour. Thanks Henrique In article <g7a1j6$l1$1@fred.mathworks.com>, Henrique Amaral <henriquetomaz@uol.com.br> wrote: >In MatLab 6.5, the routine above works normal: >figure; >sem=Average(:,2)./sqrt(Average(:,3)); >bar([1:1:7],Average(:,1),sem); >ylabel('% of epochs analyzed') >xlabel('Frequency Band') >title ('Occurrence of Oscillatory Events - Ch X') >%Where Average and sem are vectors; >But, in MatLab 7.0, the same code cause the following error: >??? Error using ==> xychk >Too many input arguments. >Error in ==> bar at 53 > [msg,x,y] = xychk(args{1:nargs},'plot'); >Error in ==> cross_subj_analysis>ok_Callback at 327 >bar([1:1:7],Average(:,1),sem); >I'd like to know why this occour. When the third argument is numeric, it must be the bar width. barwidth must b...

Matlab builder JA: parse java string to matlab cell
Hi all, I'm building a java swing based GUI for my Matlab application. As such, user input is available as text strings, for example "{[0; 0], [3.5 0; 0 2]}" (mean vector and covariance matrix of a 2D Gaussian). The user input will be passed to the compiled matlab method as a MWCellArray. Problem is how do a convert (parse) the above string into a MWCellArray? From its javadoc http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/toolbox/javabuilder/MWArrayAPI/index.html the following method is available: java.lang.String toString() Returns a string representation of this array, but the reverse method is not. Evidently, parsing a string like the one above is a non trivial task and I'm loath to attempt writing one by myself. I would be very thankful if someone can point me to the required parser implementation. Matlab itself is carrying out this task all the time, perhaps it is possible to access Matlab's own parser. Help much appreciated, Ritesh ...

Matlab version of Linq (select, where)
Hello, I need to manipulate some tabular data which have been dumped from a database table into a CSV file. I read them with textscan and convert them into a structure like this: C = textscan(fid,'%d%s%s%s%s%s','delimiter',','); mystructure.field1 = C{1}; mystructure.field2 = C{2}; [...] Basically, mystructure represents the database table the data was dumped from (with column names as fields). I would like to manipulate mystructure like it were a database table, e.g. filtering it and projecting on some columns. Basically, I would like to use a Linq-like syntax like this: mystructure2 = where(mystructure, @(x) (x.field1 == 3)) and something similar for the projection. Any idea? Thanks ...

Polynomial Multiplication (in Matlab and VHDL)
I'm looking for an efficient way to multiply polynomials. It's very important to me to maintain a degree of similarity between my simulation in Matlab and my implementation in VHDL. Suppose I have polynomials with coefficients represented by the column vectors X and Y. My first thought for the Matlab simulation is to use matrix multiplication to obtain P=X*Y' and then collect the terms for P as the sum of the anti-diagonals. I think with VHDL I can pipeline the matrix multiply and the collection of the terms (by summing along the anti-diagnonals). But I was wondering if Matlab has a built-in function that will sum along the anti-diagnonals for me. I'm sure a built-in would execute much faster than if I wrote my own. Does anyone have a suggestion? Thank you. Jim wrote: > I'm looking for an efficient way to multiply polynomials. Polynomial multiplication is done via convolution. If a,b are the coefficient vectors of your polynomial, then c = conv(a,b) are the coefficients of the product of a and b. If a or b is "long", then you can considerably speed up the convolution using the FFT. Regards, Andor As Andor pointed out, you're better off with convolution. In VHDL, you can take advantage of FIR designs that are already optimized in many libraries if your polynomials have reasonable number of coefficients. If one set of coefficients are constants, the compiler could do even better. ...

can't run matlab setup/No puedo correr matlab
Hi! I opened the&nbsp;matlab script fractal.vi&nbsp;then my antivirus (Kaspersky)&nbsp;ask&nbsp;if I acept the modified te registry of matlab setup,&nbsp; I &nbsp;say "yes" After that when I want open matlab the setup run but inmediatly it's close, why???? &nbsp; Hola: Abri el matlab script fractal.vi y mi antivirus (Kasoersky)me preguntaba si aceptaba una modificacion del registro del setup de matlab yo acepte Despues de eso cuanto abro matlab se cierra inmediatamente porque?? &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Hola Sa�l Es probable que el problema est� relacionado con el antivirus Kaspersky, trata de deshabilitarlo y correr nuevamente el ejemplo.&nbsp; Si esto no funciona revisa el estado de tus licencias de LabVIEW y de Matlab, probablemente tengas que reinstalar el programa y/o activar las licencias. �Qu� versi�n de LabVIEW y Matlab tienes? �El comportamiento es el mismo con el otro ejemplo?, me refiero al de la siguiente dir: labview\examples\scriptnode\Differential Equation.llb\MATLAB Script - Lorenz Diff Eq.vi Si corres este ejemplo �El antivirus tambi�n te pregunta cambiar lo de los registros?, ser�a bueno contactar a Mathworks para saber c�mo reconfigurar nuevamente los registros de Matlab ...

some problems of codes of MATLAB 7.0 working on MATLAB 6.5
I have used MATLAB for few hours.So I don't know the differences between version 6.5 and 7.0.I want to use some codes of MATLAB 7.0, but they doesn't work in MATLAB 6.5.How to change these codes so that they can work in matlab 6.5.Waiting for your help. Thank you . The codes are like this .I think changing the function findPI may work ,but I don'y know how % PIfun.m % Evaluate a function used to find the PI-line, using Kyle Champley's % method. % % Adam Wunderlich % last update: 5/18/06 function y = PIfun(r,R,h,gamma,x3,sb) temp = R - r*cos(gamma-sb); y = h*((pi - 2*atan(r*sin(gamma-sb)/temp))*(1 + (r^2 - R^2)/ (2*R*temp)) ... + sb) - x3; % find_PI_Line.m % % Find the the parametric interval corresponding to the unique PI-line % passing through the point x for a given helical pitch. % This code implements the method of Kyle Champley. % inputs: P = pitch (cm/turn), R = helix radius, delta_s = s stepsize, x % output: PI = [sb st] % % Adam Wunderlich % last update: 5/18/06 function [PI] = findPI(P,R,delta_s,x) h = P/(2*pi); r = sqrt(x(1)^2+x(2)^2); gamma = atan2(x(2),x(1)); options = optimset('TolX',h*delta_s/100,'FunValCheck','on'); [sb,fval,exitflag] = fzero(@(sb) PIfun(r,R,h,gamma,x(3),sb),... [(x(3)-h*pi)/h,x(3)/h],options); if exitflag ~=1, disp('Error: PI invalid'); end % note that beta=sb in Kyle's formula alphaX = atan(r*sin(gamma-sb)/(R - r*cos(gamma-sb))); st = sb + pi -...

import MULTIPLE .txt files in matlab
Hello, I'm trying to load several text files in matlab. The files are named : calib000.txt calib001.txt calib002.txt ..... calib010.txt calib011.txt... etc i was trying this code : for i = 1:19 k=i-1; [C1,C2,C3,C4,C5] = textread(['calib00'num2str(k)'.txt'],'%f%f%f%ff','headerlines',1); %% other operations %%.... end and it worked well until i=9. whet i=10 the code loads the file 'calib0010.txt' which does not exist. do you have any idea how can I proceed ? I could obviously start a new 'for' cycle from i=10, but i was thinking if there's a way on doing it in one time. thanks a lot for any help !! "Egli Vorfi" <vig.notorious@gmail.com> wrote in message news:ic0thh$sr6$1@fred.mathworks.com... > Hello, > > I'm trying to load several text files in matlab. The files are named : > calib000.txt > calib001.txt > calib002.txt > .... > calib010.txt > calib011.txt... etc > > i was trying this code : > > for i = 1:19 > k=i-1; > [C1,C2,C3,C4,C5] = > textread(['calib00'num2str(k)'.txt'],'%f%f%f%ff','headerlines',1); > %% other operations > %%.... > end > > and it worked well until i=9. whet i=10 the code loads the file > 'calib0010.txt' which does not exist. do you have any idea how can I > proceed ? > I could obviously start a new 'for&...

how to output multiple sample in usb6008 with matlab
hi i need your help to use ni usb6008 to output analog signal , the analog signal is the control signal from PID controller i used this code % Initialization global Temperature global Irradiance global current global Vref global data global u %%get connected devices d = daq.getDevices %create session s = daq.createSession('ni') s1= daq.createSession('ni') %add analog channel s.addAnalogInputChannel('ID',channel num, 'measurement type') % s.addAnalogInputChannel('Dev1',0:3, 'Voltage')%irradiance s.addAnalogInputChannel('Dev1','ai0', 'Voltage')%irradiance s.addAnalogInputChannel('Dev1','ai1', 'Voltage')%Temperature % s.addAnalogInputChannel('Dev1','ai3', 'Voltage')%Temperature s1.addAnalogOutputChannel('Dev1', 'ao0', 'Voltage') % set rate of scan 1000 scans/second , run for 30 seconds s.Rate=1000; s.DurationInSeconds =10 v.TerminalConfig = ' Differential'; %v.TerminalConfig = ' SingleEnded'; %_____________________________ %% %aquire data and process lh = s.addlistener('DataAvailable', @plotData); %store data %h = s.addlistener('DataAvailable', @storedata)% Analog Output ao_value = u % duty cycle control signal s1.outputSingleScan(ao_value) s.startBackground() s.wait() delete (lh) delete (h) s.release() but an error message appeared "The data argument must...

Incompatible of MAT file for Matlab 6.5.1 and Matlab 7.0
Hi! I have recently installed Matlab 7.0. I have save my simulation results in .MAT file. However, these MAT files can't be opened using Matlab 6.5.1. I encountered problem as follows: ??? Error using ==> load Unable to read MAT file D:\MATLAB7\work\results.mat File may be corrupt. How can I solve this problem? Thanks. Linda Please see here: <http://tx.technion.ac.il/~perryb/matlab7/mat7.pdf> In short, save again as: The new features and enhancements are described in the "Release notes" of Matlab. A new feature that causes incompatibility with previous versions of Matlab is the new encoding of MAT files. Matlab release 14 writes character and figure data to MAT-files using Unicode encoding by default. Unicode encoded MAT-files are not readable by earlier versions of Matlab. If you intend to load your MAT-files created with Matlab release 14, you must override the Unicode default during the save. You can override the default encoding by using the -v6 switch with save and hgsave: save filename -v6 hgsave filename -v6 Hope it helps Linda wrote: > > > Hi! > > I have recently installed Matlab 7.0. > I have save my simulation results in .MAT file. > However, these MAT files can't be opened using Matlab 6.5.1. > > I encountered problem as follows: > > ??? Error using ==> load > Unable to read MAT file D:\MATLAB7\work\results.mat > > File ma...

Web resources about - Matlab Student Version on Multiple OS - comp.soft-sys.matlab

Multiple sequence alignment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A multiple sequence alignment (MSA) is a sequence alignment of three or more biological sequences , generally protein , DNA , or RNA . In many ...

Brussels terrorist attacks: Multiple blasts rock airport and Maalbeek metro station
Multiple explosions have been reported at separate sites in Brussels on Tuesday morning (local time).

Brussels terrorist attacks: Multiple blasts rock airport and Maalbeek metro station
Multiple explosions have been reported at separate sites in Brussels on Tuesday morning (local time).

Police hunt shooters after 23-year-old man suffers multiple gunshot wounds in Arncliffe
Two men are reportedly on the run after a 23-year-old man was shot on a south Sydney street on Monday afternoon.

Belgian ministers acknowledge multiple security mistakes
The attacks in Brussels have exposed missteps by European security officials and police, just four months after the Islamic State's assault on ...

A trio of 10: HTC’s new flagship may come in multiple variants
Mobile World Congress was held several weeks ago, and much to the dismay of HTC fans, the Taiwanese OEM had a decidedly non-flagship phone to ...

Terror attacks hit Belgium: Multiple explosions at Brussels airport and metro
A new wave of terrorist attacks has hit Europe, following the incidents in Ankara, Turkey. A series of explosions shocked the Brussels airport ...

Leonardo Di Caprio’s Galaxia App Encourages Having Multiple Personalities
... anything posted in that group stays in that group, and can’t be seen by those outside of it. On top of that, Galaxia users can create multiple ...

Investigators: Multiple ISIS plots being planned in Europe
Investigators are aware of multiple additional ISIS plots in Europe possibly linked to the Paris and Brussels networks that are in various stages ...

In the face of multiple delays, Uncharted 4 has finally gone gold
... 4 has finally gone gold, which means that the game is a done deal and it's ready to ship. This is significant because the game has seen multiple ...