MATLAB talking to MATLAB?

For my project, I need to have a client program (MATLAB executable) talking
to a server program (also MATLAB executable) to query data. Is there any
easy way to accomplish that?

I appreciate any help that I can get on that.

Thanks.

Cheers,
Hoi

Oops, I forgot to mention. There are multiple clients querying the server,
so I guess serial objects + remote serial port wouldn't work.

Hoi Wong wrote:
> Oops, I forgot to mention. There are multiple clients querying the server,
> so I guess serial objects + remote serial port wouldn't work.
>

> "Hoi Wong" <wonghoi.ee@gmail.com_> wrote in message
>> For my project, I need to have a client program (MATLAB executable)
>> talking to a server program (also MATLAB executable) to query data. Is
>> there any easy way to accomplish that?
>>
>> I appreciate any help that I can get on that.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Hoi

I had been trying to solve the same problem, a couple weeks ago.
When I couldn't find any functions in basic Matlab or in the Instrument
Control Toolbox (which provides tcp/ip support), I asked here.
I was told that there is currently *no* support for Matlab to act as a
server, in such a relationship.
I am "solving" this by building a set of very simple servers to act as
"bent pipes" to permit multiple Matlab sessions to communicate with each
other. Each Matlab process makes a client connection to a port on the
server, so no Matlab has to be a server itself. Currently, the servers
are a simple LabVIEW application. Eventually, they will probably be
written in C, running under Windows.

Dave
0
dbell5608 (63)
5/27/2007 4:46:48 AM
Thanks. I guess the alternative is to build a WSDL service out of MATLAB,
but I have no idea about how to setup WSDL to wrap compiled MATLAB code.

Hoi Wong wrote:
 > Thanks. I guess the alternative is to build a WSDL service out of
 > MATLAB, but I have no idea about how to setup WSDL to wrap compiled
 > MATLAB code.

I'd have no idea where to begin with that!

Post back, if you come up with a good solution!

Dave
0
dbell5608 (63)

Run Matlab ... from Matlab
Hello, Is there any limitation to run Matlab from Matlab, as a system command, on Linux platforms ? I tried to start Matlab, both using the ! syntax (!matlab&) or the system command (system('matlab&')), the Matlab splash screen appears, but the new Matlab session closes rapidly . When I do the same with a script of mine (system('matlab -r "myscript"&')), my script is being executed, but Matlab finally crashes . If I remove the &, it works well, but the first Matlab session is blocked till I close the second one . I run Matlab on a Linux 64bits pla...

from Delphi to matlab and matlab to delphi
How to send vars from Delphi to Matlab ? and viceverse, from matlab to delphi ? thanks, it is dificult, and not found answers in the internet. jairo serrano wrote: > > > How to send vars from Delphi to Matlab ? and viceverse, from matlab > to delphi ? thanks, it is dificult, and not found answers in the > internet. When I want to use Matlab variables in another program, I write them to file. You can use comma separated files (csv). Try: > help csvwrite > help dlmwrite Works fine for me. Hope this helps, Niels jairo serrano wrote: > How to send vars from Delphi to...

Matlab engine with matlab R2010b

Spawning matlab from within matlab
Hello all, I would like to spawn multiple matlab processes from an '.m' script. Meaning, run an m-file from a 'parent' Matlab that launches, say, 8 more 'children' matlab processes. I'd like to do it in such a way that the same m-file in the 'parent' is able to close down, or kill, all the 'children' processes. Any suggestions? Joe ...

matlab in JAVA or java in MATLAB?
Hi guys I am now experencing a great difficulty in the interation between java and matlab. I have an objective function written in JAVA with has method return an numerical number, i call it 'profit'. The nature of this obtive function (ObjFun.java) is that it takes an parameter input, say C, with different C value, the returned profit value is different. Eventually I want to find the optimized C value which produce the maximun profit (C will be under constrains). Initially I want to use linprog or fminsearch in matlab. So I tried the command in matlab that excutes my ObjFun.ja...

Calling Matlab in C in Matlab
Hi everybody! My problem can be described as follows. I have a tool in Matlab that requires calling an optimisation algorithm in C. This algorithm consists of several C-files, one of which contains the function to be minimised (CFUNCTION), and another is the main algorithm file (CMAIN). Now what I want to do is to call Matlab from CFUNCTION or CMAIN and specify my custom function (MFUNCTION) to be minimised. So, I'm calling Matlab from C from Matlab. I'm a newbie in C and MEX files. Should I rewrite CMAIN as a MEX file and include CFUNCTION in this and then use mxCallMATLAB? Or can...

Calling Compiled MATLAB from MATLAB
Hello everyone, How do I compile MATLAB M files into a form that can then be called from within the MATLAB interpreter? A roundabout way would seem to be to (somehow) Turn the matlab code into C (I think mcc does this), then compile this C code into MEX format and call that. Is there an easier way? I have the MATLAB compiler, so I just need to know what to do with it to get this to work. Thanks in advance, Sina sina.tootoonian wrote: > > > Hello everyone, > > How do I compile MATLAB M files into a form that can then be called > from within the MATLAB interpreter? A round...

matlab to matlab remote execution
Hi I have two win PCs running matlab 7. One is slow and other is a high spec fast PC. They are connected to LAN. The directory on fast PC where all matlab work takes place has been mounted as a drive on slow PC. Hence this directory on fast PC can be accessed from slow PC's matlab session. I want to let the user on slow PC run some computationally intense M scripts in his matlab session but execute them on fast PC. I tried usual unix like method. First installed telnet server on fast PC. Then used telnet client on slow PC to log on fast PC. If I attempt to start matlab in slow PC telnet ...

Matlab plots outside Matlab
I'm making an end-user application where I would like to use Matlab functionality both for calculation and plotting. Matlabs GUI builder guide does not satisfy my needs (no support for f.ex. internal frames and other nescessities), so I'm planning to compile my Matlab code and use other API (Java, QT or something) for GUI. My problem is then, that I loose access to the neat plotting commands availible under matlab GUI... Is there a way of integrating Matlabs plot functionality into another GUI system? - has it been done? - I appreciate any response! - P�l Berge ...

parallel matlab
Hi all, I'm going to work on a project involving a parallel version of MATLAB - I'm aware of various efforts like MATLAB-*P and so on Right now I need to read up on some material regarding MATLAB internals eg: How are the ATLAS(or is it BLAS) routines called in MATLAB? How does MATLAB's C code store information in memory, cache'ing etc? How is one to get at those? Do you know of any suitable reference(s)/resource(s)? Thank you very much, Aravind ...

DLL creating by Matlab for Matlab
I would like to know if it is possible to convert several M-files into one DLL with Matlab (by using mcc or mex or other functions) and use this DLL with Matlab. How can I do that? I could create DLL with mcc -l xxx.m but I can't use this DLL with Matlab (error: "??? The function, script or class xxx cannot be indexed using {} or . indexing.") I have a project on Matlab with just M-files and I want to give this project to someone who want to use it on Matlab too, but I don't want to give him the source M algorithms. Moreover, I don't want to have an executable....

Matlab
Hi I want to find more information about MATLAB. Thank you! ...

matlab
using MATLAB to to convert time domain data to frequncy tomain in side labview Hello Mans, Could you provide a bit more detail about the problems you are getting with converting time domain data to frequency domain data in LabVIEW. There are many different analysis and transform vi's within LabVIEW which you could use. Depending on what your trying to do, you may need to install the Math Interface Toolkit which allows you to communicate to MATLAB from LabVIEW. I don't know if you currently have this installed but if you don't, please find the link to the page on our website belo...

Matlab
Hello , I'm a new user in Matlab. So should you advise matlab notes , documentation please ? <azatserver113@gmail.com> wrote in message news:7b4e75e2-40c6-43bb-acc6-2553123ba649@googlegroups.com... > Hello , > > I'm a new user in Matlab. So should you advise matlab notes , > documentation please ? > At the MATLAB command prompt type this command: doc This will show the documentation included as part of your installation. I recommend reading through the Getting Started section of the MATLAB documentation first, and executing the examp...

Web resources about - MATLAB talking to MATLAB? - comp.soft-sys.matlab

Talking Biz News - Information about business journalism, from the Carolina Business News Initiative ...
After dropping almost 4 percent in three days, the stock market closed down again Wednesday after showing a few signs of rebounding. Market volatility ...

Talking Points Memo - Breaking News and Analysis - TPM
Republicans often say that the business community feels threatened by President Obama – that he’s hostile to money, hostile to business, etc. ...

Talking Points Memo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
During George W. Bush 's first term, the blog frequently discussed foreign policy and was especially critical of administration policy towards ...

Facebook-CNN Election Insights Offers Real-Time Data On People Talking About Obama, Romney, Biden, Ryan ...
... debuted Facebook-CNN Election Insights , which will allow the cable news network to display, in real-time, the total number of people talking ...

Andy Didorosi - "Remember, no talking near the tiger." - Facebook
Or: When your friend calls and says he needs help getting a tiger out of a staircase, you listen. (I just happened to be the closest dumb person ...

Facebook: 15M people talking about ALS Ice Bucket Challenge, 1.2M videos posted
People all over Facebook are soaking themselves with ice water to bring awareness to ALS — including Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg and Chief Operating ...

Talking Points Memo (@TPM) on Twitter

Phone robot keeps annoying telemarketers talking for as long as possible
American victim of repeated cold calls decided to fight phone technology with phone technology, conceiving a brilliant - and hilarious - plan ...

Malcolm Turnbull's talking points for Coalition colleagues ahead of Parliament's return leaked to media ...
A list of key talking points, sent to Coalition MPs and senators by the Prime Minister's office, is leaked to the media.