Matlab Tutorial 10 – Matlab GUI tutorial

http://learnbyexamples.org
Why use a GUI in MATLAB? The main reason GUIs are used is because it makes things simple for the end-users of the program. If GUIs were not used, people would have to work from the command line interface, which can be extremely difficult and fustrating. Imagine if you had to input text commands to operate your web browser (yes, your web browser is a GUI too!). It wouldn’t be very practical would it? In this tutorial, we will create a simple GUI that will add together two numbers, displaying the answer in a designated text field.
This tutorial is written for those with little or no experience creating a MATLAB GUI (Graphical User Interface). Basic knowledge of MATLAB is not required, but recommended. MATLAB version 2007a is used in writing this tutorial. Both earlier versions and new versions should be compatible as well (as long as it isn’t too outdated). Lets get started!
http://learnbyexamples.org/matlab/matlab-tutorial-10-%E2%80%93-matlab-gui-tutorial.html
comp.soft-sys.matlab 211266 articles. 18 followers. lunamoonmoon (258) is leader. Post Follow

Matlab help Matlab – VaR
I was just wondering if somebody knew how to do this. I know of the function gevrnd but have know clue how to generate this. question: In Matlab, create a vector with 10,000 random returns, which follow the generalized extreme value distribution with a mean return of 8% and standard deviation equal to 2.5%. Assume the tail index equals 0.09. Then assume that these are true historical returns. Find the historical simulation VaR figure for a 5% significance level. Then repeat the exercise using normally distributed random numbers and comment on your results. "Hilmar Steindi" <...

Matlab help Matlab &#8211; VaR #2
I was just wondering if somebody knew how to do this. I know of the function gevrnd but have know clue how to generate this. question: In Matlab, create a vector with 10,000 random returns, which follow the generalized extreme value distribution with a mean return of 8% and standard deviation equal to 2.5%. Assume the tail index equals 0.09. Then assume that these are true historical returns. Find the historical simulation VaR figure for a 5% significance level. Then repeat the exercise using normally distributed random numbers and comment on your results. ...

tutorial for gui in Matlab!
Anyone know where to look for a tutorial on GUI for Matlab? Thomas Stoltz:) Found a brilliant guide on matlabs homepage:) "Heureka" <stoltzo@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:bmkcmj$2rd9$1@news.cybercity.dk... > Anyone know where to look for a tutorial on GUI for Matlab? > > Thomas Stoltz:) > > ...

tutorials on matlab guis?
Do any of you guys have recommendations for tutorials regarding the creation of GUIs in Matlab? I built one a few years back using the GUI manual, which wasn't too bad, but I no longer have that text. And unfortunately, I don't have the foggiest idea of how to get started... Thanks. -Steve Steve wrote: > > > Do any of you guys have recommendations for tutorials regarding the > creation of GUIs in Matlab? I built one a few years back using the > GUI > manual, which wasn't too bad, but I no longer have that text. And > unfortunately, I don't have the foggiest idea of how to get > started... > Thanks. > -Steve > > Try the following link. <http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/techdoc/creating_guis/creating_guis.html> HTH rf http://www.dsto.defence.gov.au/publications/4159/DSTO-GD-0442.pdf "Steve" <srjm72499@frontiernet.net> wrote in message news:1138151757.086427.318620@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Do any of you guys have recommendations for tutorials regarding the > creation of GUIs in Matlab? I built one a few years back using the GUI > manual, which wasn't too bad, but I no longer have that text. And > unfortunately, I don't have the foggiest idea of how to get started... > Thanks. > -Steve > ...

Convert GUI of Matlab R2006a&b to Matlab 6.5
Could you please tell me how to convert a GUI application created in Matlab R2006a&b to executable file in Matlab 6.5? Thank you. ...

MATLAB talking to MATLAB?
For my project, I need to have a client program (MATLAB executable) talking to a server program (also MATLAB executable) to query data. Is there any easy way to accomplish that? I appreciate any help that I can get on that. Thanks. Cheers, Hoi Oops, I forgot to mention. There are multiple clients querying the server, so I guess serial objects + remote serial port wouldn't work. "Hoi Wong" <wonghoi.ee@gmail.com_> wrote in message news:f3ald6$gg4$1@news.Stanford.EDU... > For my project, I need to have a client program (MATLAB executable) > talking to a ser...

Matlab Tutorial??
Does anyone know of any basic tutorials on Matlab?? I've found one on the mathworks site, but are there any others around?? Thanks in advance, Allan Lewis. There are lots and lots and lots of tutorials... just go to google... pk Allan Lewis wrote: > > > Does anyone know of any basic tutorials on Matlab?? > I've found one on the mathworks site, but are there any others > around?? > > Thanks in advance, > Allan Lewis. > Allan Lewis wrote: > > > Does anyone know of any basic tutorials on Matlab?? > I've found one on the mathworks site, but ar...

Run Matlab ... from Matlab
Hello, Is there any limitation to run Matlab from Matlab, as a system command, on Linux platforms ? I tried to start Matlab, both using the ! syntax (!matlab&) or the system command (system('matlab&')), the Matlab splash screen appears, but the new Matlab session closes rapidly . When I do the same with a script of mine (system('matlab -r "myscript"&')), my script is being executed, but Matlab finally crashes . If I remove the &, it works well, but the first Matlab session is blocked till I close the second one . I run Matlab on a Linux 64bits platform . Thanks in advance, Nicolas On 10-12-03 01:22 AM, Nicolas wrote: > Is there any limitation to run Matlab from Matlab, as a system command, > on Linux platforms ? > I tried to start Matlab, both using the ! syntax (!matlab&) or the > system command (system('matlab&')), the Matlab splash screen appears, > but the new Matlab session closes rapidly . > When I do the same with a script of mine (system('matlab -r > "myscript"&')), my script is being executed, but Matlab finally crashes . > If I remove the &, it works well, but the first Matlab session is > blocked till I close the second one . > I run Matlab on a Linux 64bits platform . It appears there is a parsing problem in the script that invokes Matlab. Here's an example of what I had to do to get around it: !matlab -r \""...

Tutorials on Matlab
Hi Everybody, This is my first message on this group. I have just started teaching few M.Tech student on Matlab. Need group help if they can tell me what are the important topics that I need to cover. As the students are not aware of matlab so I want to start from basics. Also if someone can tell good reference study material and web site links,would help me a lot. Kindly comments and thanks in advance for same. Regards Puneet Gupta "Puneet Gupta" <pg_india@indiatimes.com> wrote in message news:eecf6b2.-1@webx.raydaftYaTP... > Hi Everybody, > > T...

Access from MATLAB to a non-MATLAB GUIs
Hallo everybody, In one of my MATLAB functions I invoke external EXE file (another program), which makes some calculations. At the end of the calculations a message appears if I want to quit the exernal program (with 'Yes' and 'No' buttons). I want to close this message, because it interrupts the executaion of the whole MATLAB function(a batch file). The message is generated from the exernal program, not from MATLAB, so I can't use a MATLAB handle to close it. So, does anybody knows how I can close those non-MATLAB generated message (GUI) with a command in the MATLAB...

Tutorials on GUI programming using MatLab
I am very new to Matlab programming please guide some web links which is useful to start GUI programming using MatLab. Thank U. Vamshi This is a 10 min video tutorial with voice-over on the subject. http://www.mathworks.com/products/demos/matlab/creatingaguiwithguide/creatingaguiwithguide_viewlet_swf.html This assumes MATLAB 7. Stuart "Vamshi" <vamshi_033@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:9ed285f6.0406300603.54209d9f@posting.google.com... > I am very new to Matlab programming please guide some web links which > is useful to start GUI programming using MatLab. > &g...

How do I Run a Matlab 6 GUI in Matlab 5
Hi there everyone!! I am designing a Matlab 6 GUI at the university, but have Matlab 5 at home. If I try to run the Matlab 6 Gui,it doesnt want to open. Is there a way to open Matlab 6 GUI's in Matlab 5. Any help will be appreciated Hugo ...

call to matlab function from matlab GUI stalls
I have the following problem. I have created a simple Matlab GUI (for our purposes it can just be considered a Matlab function) which gathers some parameters and then invokes a perl script that in turn calls other perl and Matlab scripts to perform various calculations. If instead of using the Matlab GUI, I run the perl command from the unix prompt, the flow runs and concludes correctly. BUT if I invoke the flow from the Matlab GUI (function), then it runs correctly by calling various other perl and Matlab scripts, but then when it reaches the third Matlab function call, it consistently stalls...

required: Video tutorial for creating GUI in Matlab
Hi, do you know of a website from which I can download videos for creating Graphical User Interface in Matlab, since the ones at mathworks.com seem to be in spanish. I need the ones in english "Communications_engineer" <communications_engineer@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1aa392ed-f1ea-41d0-bbfa-7f77c9f958e1@g19g2000yql.googlegroups.com... > Hi, do you know of a website from which I can download videos for > creating Graphical User Interface in Matlab, since the ones at > mathworks.com seem to be in spanish. I need the ones in english Are the videos to which y...

Matlab 7 ----> Matlab 6 GUI conversion
Hi, I have a question related to whether it is possible to convert a .fig file that was created in Matlab 7 into Matlab 6. I am running on my machine Matlab 6 and when i am trying to run the gui created in a recent version of Matlab, it fails Thanks George close your pc and go to sleep magka moy ...

[Mac 10.4.10, MATLAB 7.4] MATLAB can't find my X11
How do I tell MATLAB where to find my X11? I have both dynamic and static X11 libraries in my /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk/usr/X11R6/lib path, but can't start MATLAB because, so it says, it can't find my X11. I tried downloading and (re)installing X11, but couldn't 'cause, I was told, I already have a newer version on my computer! I tried (re)installing MATLAB, but get the message "Can't find X11. You may go ahead and install MATLAB, but you won't be able to run it 'til you install X11" Well, the X11 installer won't let me install it 'cause...

Calling Compiled MATLAB from MATLAB
Hello everyone, How do I compile MATLAB M files into a form that can then be called from within the MATLAB interpreter? A roundabout way would seem to be to (somehow) Turn the matlab code into C (I think mcc does this), then compile this C code into MEX format and call that. Is there an easier way? I have the MATLAB compiler, so I just need to know what to do with it to get this to work. Thanks in advance, Sina sina.tootoonian wrote: > > > Hello everyone, > > How do I compile MATLAB M files into a form that can then be called > from within the MATLAB interpreter? A roundabout way would seem to > be > to (somehow) Turn the matlab code into C (I think mcc does this), > then > compile this C code into MEX format and call that. Is there an > easier > way? I have the MATLAB compiler, so I just need to know what to do > with > it to get this to work. > > Thanks in advance, > > Sina > > HELP MEX > HELP MEX Or, better, HELP MCC help pcode pseudo code is useful to obfuscate code - protect algorithms, yet still run at full speed and be distributable to other matlab users sina.tootoonian wrote: > > > Hello everyone, > > How do I compile MATLAB M files into a form that can then be called > from within the MATLAB interpreter? A roundabout way would seem to > be > to (somehow) Turn the matlab code into C (I think mcc does this), > then > compile this C code into MEX format and call that...

Importing matlab 6.5 GUI in matlab 7.1
I use MATLAB 7.1. If I open an existing GUI project built in 6.5 MATLAB with GUIDE tool, .fig is loaded correctly but .m is not loaded (it has the same name of .fig), then when I run the GUI and click on buttons I got function not found errors: ??? Undefined command/function 'fsv'. ??? Error while evaluating uicontrol Callback. How can I reassociate .m with his .fig? ...

How to transfer a VC matrix to matlab workspace and manipulate it under matlab GUI ?
I would like to transfer a VC matrix to matlab main program workspace, than i can observe it by Matlab array editor, or directly manipulate it under matlab GUI. I tried engdemo.c, but i found that under this mode, matlab runs on background, there is no matlab main program GUI, I can only excute matlab command on C, and see result, like ploting. how should this be done ? Thank you so much. "KS " <CHH@itri.org.tw> wrote in message <hs008g$256$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > I would like to transfer a VC matrix to matlab main program workspace, > &...

Matlab plots outside Matlab
I'm making an end-user application where I would like to use Matlab functionality both for calculation and plotting. Matlabs GUI builder guide does not satisfy my needs (no support for f.ex. internal frames and other nescessities), so I'm planning to compile my Matlab code and use other API (Java, QT or something) for GUI. My problem is then, that I loose access to the neat plotting commands availible under matlab GUI... Is there a way of integrating Matlabs plot functionality into another GUI system? - has it been done? - I appreciate any response! - P�l Berge ...

Calling Matlab in C in Matlab
Hi everybody! My problem can be described as follows. I have a tool in Matlab that requires calling an optimisation algorithm in C. This algorithm consists of several C-files, one of which contains the function to be minimised (CFUNCTION), and another is the main algorithm file (CMAIN). Now what I want to do is to call Matlab from CFUNCTION or CMAIN and specify my custom function (MFUNCTION) to be minimised. So, I'm calling Matlab from C from Matlab. I'm a newbie in C and MEX files. Should I rewrite CMAIN as a MEX file and include CFUNCTION in this and then use mxCallMATLAB? Or can...

matlab in JAVA or java in MATLAB?
Hi guys I am now experencing a great difficulty in the interation between java and matlab. I have an objective function written in JAVA with has method return an numerical number, i call it 'profit'. The nature of this obtive function (ObjFun.java) is that it takes an parameter input, say C, with different C value, the returned profit value is different. Eventually I want to find the optimized C value which produce the maximun profit (C will be under constrains). Initially I want to use linprog or fminsearch in matlab. So I tried the command in matlab that excutes my ObjFun.java. But it failed because my ObjFun.java will call an external .exe file. and the file path contains spaces which is fine by Java but not matlab. I stuck here, I myself is a Java programmer not good at matlab, I can't find any thing on google about the solution to my problem. So here I propose another idea: call matlab function in JAVA. I need some advise on this. Thank you very much for a reply!!! Lemon can anyone give advice?? "Lemon F" <f.lemon.jin@hotmail.com> wrote in message <i3bag7$i96$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > can anyone give advice?? If you would not have double-posted you would have seen that you already received advice (on the other post): http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/newsreader/view_thread/288403 ...

embedded matlab tutorial
I dont find the embedded matlab tutorial files under the matlab directory\...\toolbox\eml, though i updated my matlab version, but it s still missing. i failed to find them for download from the mathworks site. "Sherine Rady" <srady@rumms.uni-mannheim.de> wrote in message <hbcidh$n59$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > I dont find the embedded matlab tutorial files under the matlab directory\...\toolbox\eml, though i updated my matlab version, but it s still missing. i failed to find them for download from the mathworks site. Hi Sherine, when you say "Matlab tutorial fil...

Matlab Compiler tutorials
Hi, I'm looking for any tutorials or help pages on Matlab Compiler. Does anyone know of any (other that mathworks documentation)? /Erik, Sweden ...

Web resources about - Matlab Tutorial 10 &#8211; Matlab GUI tutorial - comp.soft-sys.matlab