Matlab v7 data file in Matlab v6.5

Hi there

I want to save my data into data file in Matlab v7 (R14). How can I
save it in a manner such that it is also loadable in Matlab v6.5
(R13) ? As at the moment, Matlab v6.5 interprets a Matlab v7 saved
data file as a corrupt file.

Thanks in advance,
rehan
0
rehan_311 (2)

Rehan Ahmad wrote:

> Hi there
>
> I want to save my data into data file in Matlab v7 (R14). How can I
> save it in a manner such that it is also loadable in Matlab v6.5
> (R13) ? As at the moment, Matlab v6.5 interprets a Matlab v7 saved
> data file as a corrupt file.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> rehan

Hi rehan!

RTFM, see help save.

/PB
0
PB
7/21/2005 5:00:25 PM
PB wrote:

> Rehan Ahmad wrote:
>>

>> Hi there
>>
>> I want to save my data into data file in Matlab v7 (R14). How
can
>> save it in a manner such that it is also loadable in Matlab
v6.5
>> (R13) ? As at the moment, Matlab v6.5 interprets a Matlab v7
> saved
>> data file as a corrupt file.
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>> rehan

I have had similar problems transferring data between Matlab to
MathCad, which can only read Matlab 4 'mat' files. The solution is
relatively straight forward, simply append the parameter '-v4' to
save your data which will be readable by a version 4 Matlab or '-v6'
to be readable by a version 6 Matlab. e.g.

save('g:\hearing\mathcad\RL.mat','Right_left','-v4');

Hope this helps

Dave Robinson
0
dave.robinson (1276)
7/22/2005 8:38:11 AM
Dave Robinson wrote:

> PB wrote:
>>

>> Rehan Ahmad wrote:
>>>

>>> Hi there
>>>
>>> I want to save my data into data file in Matlab v7 (R14).
How
> can
>>> save it in a manner such that it is also loadable in Matlab
> v6.5
>>> (R13) ? As at the moment, Matlab v6.5 interprets a Matlab
v7
>> saved
>>> data file as a corrupt file.
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance,
>>> rehan
>
> I have had similar problems transferring data between Matlab to
> MathCad, which can only read Matlab 4 'mat' files. The solution is
> relatively straight forward, simply append the parameter '-v4' to
> save your data which will be readable by a version 4 Matlab or
> '-v6'
> to be readable by a version 6 Matlab. e.g.
>
> save('g:\hearing\mathcad\RL.mat','Right_left','-v4');
>
> Hope this helps
>
> Dave Robinson

Thanks Dave

It solved my problem. This really does work.

-rehan
0
rehan_311 (2)