matlab.desktop.editor.getAll ordering issue

Hi everyone,

new features of MATLAB R2011a Editor API allows one to get all opened documents with this method:
matlab.desktop.editor.getAll
however the files are returned in order they were edited, but not in order they appear in the document bar.

Is it possible to get list of opened documents in order they appear in the editor?

Thank you,
Vladimir
0
vladimir_f (16)

Matlab Array Editor
I'm looking for a way to modify the array editor to represent a specific variable being opened... i.e. For an easier user interface for a program, I want to define each column of a specific array to be a specific variable and show the symbol or term on each column heading. I'd also like to fix the number of columns but still allow the user to modify the number of rows. Sound possible? If so, I'd appreciate a shove in the right direction. Chris wrote: > > > I'm looking for a way to modify the array editor to represent a > specific variable being opened... > i.e. For an easier user interface for a program, I want to define > each > column of a specific array to be a specific variable and show the > symbol or term on each column heading. I'd also like to fix the > number of columns but still allow the user to modify the number of > rows. > Sound possible? If so, I'd appreciate a shove in the right > direction. > > Use a grid object. See my example, Graph_and_Table: <http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/loadFile.do?objectId=3477&objectType=file> ...

Need help for a matlab mini project

kde desktop icon for Matlab?
I just installed Matlab under Linux (openSUSE 10.2) and setup a desktop icon to more easily launch it. So far everything works fine, but what I would like to do now, if possible, is change the icon image (which currently is some generic one provided by kde) to the actual Matlab "membrane" icon (which all the Windows versions use). The kde desktop actually includes a fairly large catalog of icons to choose from (including the one for Mathematica) but not Matlab surprisingly. Does anyone know if this is available, and if so, where I could find it? I searched online but didn't come across anything. Thanks, -Pat ${MATLABROOT}/X11/icons "Peter Perkins" <Peter.PerkinsRemoveThis@mathworks.com> wrote in message news:f2f9o7$7t6$1@fred.mathworks.com... > ${MATLABROOT}/X11/icons > Thanks Peter! That was easy (which is nice for a change ;^) One other quick question. There were three icon files to choose from (matlab32c_icon.xpm, matlab48c_icon.xpm, matlab64c_icon.xpm). Do you know what the difference is between these? The resolution of the image? On my screen it hard to tell. Thanks again. -Pat Pat Kelecy wrote: > "Peter Perkins" <Peter.PerkinsRemoveThis@mathworks.com> wrote in message > news:f2f9o7$7t6$1@fred.mathworks.com... >> ${MATLABROOT}/X11/icons >> > > Thanks Peter! That was easy (which is nice for a change ;^) > > One other quick question. There were three...

bar
In MatLab 6.5, the routine above works normal: figure; sem=Average(:,2)./sqrt(Average(:,3)); bar([1:1:7],Average(:,1),sem); ylabel('% of epochs analyzed') xlabel('Frequency Band') title ('Occurrence of Oscillatory Events - Ch X') %Where Average and sem are vectors; But, in MatLab 7.0, the same code cause the following error: ??? Error using ==> xychk Too many input arguments. Error in ==> bar at 53 [msg,x,y] = xychk(args{1:nargs},'plot'); Error in ==> cross_subj_analysis>ok_Callback at 327 bar([1:1:7],Average(:,1),sem); I'd like to know why this occour. Thanks Henrique In article <g7a1j6$l1$1@fred.mathworks.com>, Henrique Amaral <henriquetomaz@uol.com.br> wrote: >In MatLab 6.5, the routine above works normal: >figure; >sem=Average(:,2)./sqrt(Average(:,3)); >bar([1:1:7],Average(:,1),sem); >ylabel('% of epochs analyzed') >xlabel('Frequency Band') >title ('Occurrence of Oscillatory Events - Ch X') >%Where Average and sem are vectors; >But, in MatLab 7.0, the same code cause the following error: >??? Error using ==> xychk >Too many input arguments. >Error in ==> bar at 53 > [msg,x,y] = xychk(args{1:nargs},'plot'); >Error in ==> cross_subj_analysis>ok_Callback at 327 >bar([1:1:7],Average(:,1),sem); >I'd like to know why this occour. When the third argument is numeric, it must be the bar width. barwidth must b...

Matlab GUIDE stability issue

Matlab builder JA: parse java string to matlab cell
Hi all, I'm building a java swing based GUI for my Matlab application. As such, user input is available as text strings, for example "{[0; 0], [3.5 0; 0 2]}" (mean vector and covariance matrix of a 2D Gaussian). The user input will be passed to the compiled matlab method as a MWCellArray. Problem is how do a convert (parse) the above string into a MWCellArray? From its javadoc http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/toolbox/javabuilder/MWArrayAPI/index.html the following method is available: java.lang.String toString() Returns a string representation of this array, but the reverse method is not. Evidently, parsing a string like the one above is a non trivial task and I'm loath to attempt writing one by myself. I would be very thankful if someone can point me to the required parser implementation. Matlab itself is carrying out this task all the time, perhaps it is possible to access Matlab's own parser. Help much appreciated, Ritesh ...

Problem with the Embedded Matlab Editor
Hello, First, sorry for my english. I have a problem with the Embedded Matlab Editor. I have to use data from an exterior file. So, I try to use the block "From File". In this block, the matrix must contain time values in row one and I do not know why. So, as I only need data, I put 0 in this row and my data are on the other rows and colums. But, I do not know how I can have an access to these data. I call my file.mat : "wall.mat". I do not know if the entry for my embedded matlab editor needs to have the same name. And the variable of my file.mat calls "coor". (Indeed, I created my file.mat from a file.m) But in different cases, I have these errors: 1) If I try to access to my data by: "y = wall(2,2);" for example, I have an error message: "Index expression out of bounds. Attempted to access element 2. The valid range is 1-1" 2) If I try to access to my data by: "y = coor(2,2); for example, I have an error message: "Undefined function or variable 'coor'." But if I type this in the "command windows" from Matlab, Matlab finds the good result. I also try the block "from workspace" and it does not work either. So, I have really no more ideas to solve my problems. If someone can help me, it will be so nice. Thanks a lot for your reply. ...

Matlab GUI Loop Issue
I have code running that calls a GUI I made ... the GUI allows me to manipulate variables within the mcode and display sonar images I am getting from a sonar which is connected. Here is my problem: I have two while loops going which one monitors a push button to start and stop recording images to a file. The other is just a quit button. The inner loop is the start/stop loop and the outer is quit. pseudo code below ... while QUIT == 0 while STOP == 0 RECORD DATA CHECK STOP VARIABLE end CHECK STOP VARIABLE CHECK QUIT VARIABLE end The RECORD DATA section is actually a fairly long amount of code but outside the inner loop it is literally just two functions (get()). It seems like when it gets in the outer loop it no longer allows the GUI to respond. It's like it is running so fast in the outer loop that it never allows the GUI to get any processing time (and therefore is no longer responsive to my button selections). If I run it with a breakpoint at one of the check variable lines in the outer loop it runs fine since it keeps stopping at the breakpoint. I've shown my code works correctly with the breakpoints but when running real time the GUI becomes unresponsive once I select stop recording and it drops out to the outer loop. Does anyone have a suggestion for this? I thought maybe adding a wait or delay may help the situation but I am not sure how to do it or if it will ...

some problems of codes of MATLAB 7.0 working on MATLAB 6.5
I have used MATLAB for few hours.So I don't know the differences between version 6.5 and 7.0.I want to use some codes of MATLAB 7.0, but they doesn't work in MATLAB 6.5.How to change these codes so that they can work in matlab 6.5.Waiting for your help. Thank you . The codes are like this .I think changing the function findPI may work ,but I don'y know how % PIfun.m % Evaluate a function used to find the PI-line, using Kyle Champley's % method. % % Adam Wunderlich % last update: 5/18/06 function y = PIfun(r,R,h,gamma,x3,sb) temp = R - r*cos(gamma-sb); y = h*((pi - 2*atan(r*sin(gamma-sb)/temp))*(1 + (r^2 - R^2)/ (2*R*temp)) ... + sb) - x3; % find_PI_Line.m % % Find the the parametric interval corresponding to the unique PI-line % passing through the point x for a given helical pitch. % This code implements the method of Kyle Champley. % inputs: P = pitch (cm/turn), R = helix radius, delta_s = s stepsize, x % output: PI = [sb st] % % Adam Wunderlich % last update: 5/18/06 function [PI] = findPI(P,R,delta_s,x) h = P/(2*pi); r = sqrt(x(1)^2+x(2)^2); gamma = atan2(x(2),x(1)); options = optimset('TolX',h*delta_s/100,'FunValCheck','on'); [sb,fval,exitflag] = fzero(@(sb) PIfun(r,R,h,gamma,x(3),sb),... [(x(3)-h*pi)/h,x(3)/h],options); if exitflag ~=1, disp('Error: PI invalid'); end % note that beta=sb in Kyle's formula alphaX = atan(r*sin(gamma-sb)/(R - r*cos(gamma-sb))); st = sb + pi -...

can't run matlab setup/No puedo correr matlab
Hi! I opened the&nbsp;matlab script fractal.vi&nbsp;then my antivirus (Kaspersky)&nbsp;ask&nbsp;if I acept the modified te registry of matlab setup,&nbsp; I &nbsp;say "yes" After that when I want open matlab the setup run but inmediatly it's close, why???? &nbsp; Hola: Abri el matlab script fractal.vi y mi antivirus (Kasoersky)me preguntaba si aceptaba una modificacion del registro del setup de matlab yo acepte Despues de eso cuanto abro matlab se cierra inmediatamente porque?? &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Hola Sa�l Es probable que el problema est� relacionado con el antivirus Kaspersky, trata de deshabilitarlo y correr nuevamente el ejemplo.&nbsp; Si esto no funciona revisa el estado de tus licencias de LabVIEW y de Matlab, probablemente tengas que reinstalar el programa y/o activar las licencias. �Qu� versi�n de LabVIEW y Matlab tienes? �El comportamiento es el mismo con el otro ejemplo?, me refiero al de la siguiente dir: labview\examples\scriptnode\Differential Equation.llb\MATLAB Script - Lorenz Diff Eq.vi Si corres este ejemplo �El antivirus tambi�n te pregunta cambiar lo de los registros?, ser�a bueno contactar a Mathworks para saber c�mo reconfigurar nuevamente los registros de Matlab ...

Incompatible of MAT file for Matlab 6.5.1 and Matlab 7.0
Hi! I have recently installed Matlab 7.0. I have save my simulation results in .MAT file. However, these MAT files can't be opened using Matlab 6.5.1. I encountered problem as follows: ??? Error using ==> load Unable to read MAT file D:\MATLAB7\work\results.mat File may be corrupt. How can I solve this problem? Thanks. Linda Please see here: <http://tx.technion.ac.il/~perryb/matlab7/mat7.pdf> In short, save again as: The new features and enhancements are described in the "Release notes" of Matlab. A new feature that causes incompatibility with previous versions of Matlab is the new encoding of MAT files. Matlab release 14 writes character and figure data to MAT-files using Unicode encoding by default. Unicode encoded MAT-files are not readable by earlier versions of Matlab. If you intend to load your MAT-files created with Matlab release 14, you must override the Unicode default during the save. You can override the default encoding by using the -v6 switch with save and hgsave: save filename -v6 hgsave filename -v6 Hope it helps Linda wrote: > > > Hi! > > I have recently installed Matlab 7.0. > I have save my simulation results in .MAT file. > However, these MAT files can't be opened using Matlab 6.5.1. > > I encountered problem as follows: > > ??? Error using ==> load > Unable to read MAT file D:\MATLAB7\work\results.mat > > File ma...

Recent soft computing papers and MATLAB Toolboxes
Dear Colleagues, I would like to call your kind attention to the updated website of the Soft Computing Research Group at the University of Veszprem (Hungary) http://www.fmt.vein.hu/softcomp/ You can download MATLAB Toolboxes: - Fuzzy Clustering MATLAB Toolbox - Genetic Programming MATLAB Toolbox - Interactive Evolutionary Strategy (EASy) MATLAB Toolbox - Constrained Fuzzy Model Identification for the FMID Toolbox independent MATLAB programs related to: - Data mining * Fuzzy clustering based time-series segmentation * Supervised Fuzzy Clustering for the Identification of Fuzzy Classifiers * Fuzzy Modeling with Multidimensional Membership Functions: Grey-Box Identification and Control Design * Compact TS-Fuzzy Models through Clustering and OLS plus FIS Model Reduction * Inconsistency Analysis of Labeled Data * Star plots - MATLAB files for Graphical Representation of trace elements of clinkers - Process control and monitoring * Feedback Linearizing Control Using Hybrid Neural Networks Identified by Sensitivity Approach * Incorporating Prior Knowledge in Cubic Spline Approximation - Application to the Identification of Reaction Kinetic Models * Identification and Control of Nonlinear Systems Using Fuzzy Hammerstein Models - A Simple Fuzzy Classifier based on manuscripts in PDF about - fuzzy model based process control and monitoring - fuzzy clustering and classification - incorporation of a priori knowledge in the identif...

Is there a way to auto-wrap lines in matlab editor?
In programming, I frequently write quite long lines, is there a way that when the line goes to 75 columns, the editor automatically add a terminating " ... " and then wrap the line back to automatically continue on the next line while I am trying continuously? I noticed that for "comments" in matlab, it has already implement "automatic line wrapping", but I don't know why for normal programming editing, it does not do this automatically? Anybody knows how to turn on this? I am using Matlab 7.0... (I saw in the "Preference" there is no such option...) Thanks you very much, -Lucy ...

MATLAB, Perl, Bioperl installation issues and communication
How do I get MATLAB to recognize a new version of perl and not run with the old version shipped with the install? Alternatively, How do I force bioperl to recognize the version of perl shipped with MATLAB (or vice versa really)? Many thanks. ...

issue in runiing matlab commands in zsh shell
Hi, While running matlab 2008 in zsh shell, I found that some commands (ls, copyfile) are reporting following type of errors. Error using ==> ls at 36 which corresponds to 'MATLAB:ls:OSError' which is equivalent to matlab failing to execute unix command. Similar error is produced whenever matlab command (ex. copyfile) invokes unix built in command (lex. cp -rf). I do not see this issue with matlab 2006 and matlab 2011. Please let me know why does it happen for matlab 2008. Regards Supriyo "Supriyo " <supriyomj@gmail.com> wrote in message news:jr4q8e$hc9$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com... > Hi, > > While running matlab 2008 in zsh shell, I found that some commands (ls, > copyfile) are reporting following type of errors. > Error using ==> ls at 36 which corresponds to 'MATLAB:ls:OSError' which is > equivalent to matlab failing to execute unix command. > > Similar error is produced whenever matlab command (ex. copyfile) invokes > unix built in command (lex. cp -rf). > I do not see this issue with matlab 2006 and matlab 2011. Please let me > know why does it happen for matlab 2008. What does the second output argument of this call say? [status, result] = system('ls') -- Steve Lord slord@mathworks.com To contact Technical Support use the Contact Us link on http://www.mathworks.com "Steven_Lord" <slord@mathworks.com> wrote in mess...

[...]

How to solve 4 order PDE in matlab #2
Hi: I tried to solve a 4 order PDE through pdetool, but I found it seemed could solve only 2 order problem. So is there easy way to solve 4 order PDE? Thanks ...

Why can't Fortran-mex files be compiled on matlab V5.3 and run on matlab V6?
Hi, does anyone know why Fortran-mex files can't be compiled on matlab V5.3 and run on matlab V6? For example: if I compile the example-program (shipped with matlab) timestwo.f on matlab version 5.3 (R11) and try to run it on matlab version 6+ (R12 or R13), I get the error message: "Unable to load mex file: E:\timestwo.dll. The specified module could not be found. ??? Invalid MEX-file" Likewise if I compile it on matlab version 6.1 (R12), I get a similar error message if run on matlab version 5.3 (R11). However, if I run it on matlab version 6.5 it works OK. If I try the same experiment with the corresponding example file written in C, timestwo.c, I get no such problems. Why is that? Per A. Hi Per, usually MEX-files need to be compiled with the MATLAB version you want it later to run with. The reason is, that the code links against the current dynamic libraries (DLLs), which may change from version to version. You may have luck that it works (see your example of timestwo.f), but you should never rely on this. Titus "Per A. Brodtkorb" <Per.Brodtkorb@ffi.no> wrote in message news:eecb303.-1@webx.raydaftYaTP... > Hi, > > does anyone know why Fortran-mex files can't be compiled on matlab > V5.3 and run on matlab V6? > > For example: if I compile the example-program (shipped with matlab) > timestwo.f > on matlab version 5.3 (R11) and try to run > it on matlab version 6+ (R12 or R13), I ...

4D data display bug issue (?) in Matlab 2006a
Hello Group, When you load 4D data, say of the form data(row,col,slice,time) and then display a particular voxel time series say : >>data(2,14,10,:) (note slice # 10) Then Matlab displays >>data(2,14,1,:), PLEASE NOTE : Instead of 10, it shows 1. Could anyone please tell me if they note this. Thanks Jim ...

Shall i use the misrosoft Visual c++ code from a m-file generated from matlab in Visual C++ with out matlab runtime environment
undefined ...

soft decoding of conv. codes using vitdec matlab func. #2
Hello, Isnt 'unquant' and 'soft' options essentially same?..in both case vitdec takes in "real numbers" as input (ok they are "mapped" in case o 'soft' option)..so can we not use 'unquant' option to carry out sof decoding?...my preliminary results show that 'unquant' option give me 2- db gain over hard decoding... any one having insight please let me know. thanks >Hello, > Isnt 'unquant' and 'soft' options essentially same?..in both cases >vitdec takes in "real numbers" as input (ok they are "mapped" in case of >'soft' option)..so can we not use 'unquant' option to carry out soft >decoding?...my preliminary results show that 'unquant' option give m 2-3 >db gain over hard decoding... >any one having insight please let me know. >thanks > > %%% Yes , u can use 'unquant' as soft decoding. try to implement for k=3 i.e [5 7] and BPSK and at roughly 4 dB u should get BER of 10^-3. Chintan ...

Web resources about - matlab.desktop.editor.getAll ordering issue - comp.soft-sys.matlab

Weak ordering - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The 13 possible strict weak orderings on a set of three elements { a , b , c }. The only partially ordered sets are coloured, while totally ordered ...

Subway Ordering for California on the App Store on iTunes
Get Subway Ordering for California on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Accidentally ordering from Amazon during an Apple Watch demo - YouTube
One-click ordering plus a tiny smartwatch screen leads to unintended consequences.

Fears Islamic State militants ordering female genital mutilation in Iraq
The United Nations, expressing deep concern, said on Thursday that militant group Islamic State had ordered all girls and women in and around ...

Jeb Bush is ordering 'across-the-board' pay cuts for his campaign
Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush's (R) presidential...

Pre-ordering can help spread costs
Q. I run a jewellery business on a lean budget. How do I know how many materials to buy when orders are not steady?

Dominos and Ford deliver new in-car pizza ordering technology
DOMINOS and Ford have joined forces to deliver new in-car pizza ordering technology. And it's awesome.

Ordering coffee can be a grind
Ordering coffee can be a grind

Wife confesses to ordering hit on Australian Robert Ellis in Bali
The man found murdered, wrapped in plastic and dumped in a Bali rice field with his throat slashed was trying to build a motel in Sanur and was ...

Indonesian wife of murdered Australian businessman Robert Ellis denies ordering killing
Australian businessman Robert Ellis's womanising and secretive financial transactions caused his wife to instruct that her problems with him ...