Matlab

Hello ,

I'm a new user in Matlab. So should you advise matlab notes , documentation please ?
0
azatserver113

<azatserver113@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello ,
>
> I'm a new user in Matlab. So should you advise matlab notes ,
> documentation please ?

At the MATLAB command prompt type this command:

    doc

This will show the documentation included as part of your installation. I
recommend reading through the Getting Started section of the MATLAB
documentation first, and executing the examples it contains. Then you can
work your way through the sections of the MATLAB documentation that are
relevant to what you're trying to do.

Also, as a suggestion, the next time you post to the newsgroup please choose
a Subject line that's more specific to your question. Most messages in this
group are about MATLAB (with some Simulink-related.) A sample subject line I
would have chosen for this post would be "New user looking for notes or
documentation."

If you have further question please feel free to post to the newsgroup or to
MATLAB Answers (both part of the User Community section of
http://www.mathworks.com) or send them to Technical Support. [Please do NOT
email them to me directly; I read the newsgroup regularly and so will see
questions that are posted here, as will many others that may be able to
respond before I can.]

--
Steve Lord
slord@mathworks.com

0
Steven

MATLAB talking to MATLAB?
For my project, I need to have a client program (MATLAB executable) talking to a server program (also MATLAB executable) to query data. Is there any easy way to accomplish that? I appreciate any help that I can get on that. Thanks. Cheers, Hoi Oops, I forgot to mention. There are multiple clients querying the server, so I guess serial objects + remote serial port wouldn't work. "Hoi Wong" <wonghoi.ee@gmail.com_> wrote in message news:f3ald6$gg4$1@news.Stanford.EDU... > For my project, I need to have a client program (MATLAB executable) > talking to a ser...

Run Matlab ... from Matlab
Hello, Is there any limitation to run Matlab from Matlab, as a system command, on Linux platforms ? I tried to start Matlab, both using the ! syntax (!matlab&) or the system command (system('matlab&')), the Matlab splash screen appears, but the new Matlab session closes rapidly . When I do the same with a script of mine (system('matlab -r "myscript"&')), my script is being executed, but Matlab finally crashes . If I remove the &, it works well, but the first Matlab session is blocked till I close the second one . I run Matlab on a Linux 64bits pla...

Matlab plots outside Matlab
I'm making an end-user application where I would like to use Matlab functionality both for calculation and plotting. Matlabs GUI builder guide does not satisfy my needs (no support for f.ex. internal frames and other nescessities), so I'm planning to compile my Matlab code and use other API (Java, QT or something) for GUI. My problem is then, that I loose access to the neat plotting commands availible under matlab GUI... Is there a way of integrating Matlabs plot functionality into another GUI system? - has it been done? - I appreciate any response! - P�l Berge ...

Calling Compiled MATLAB from MATLAB
Hello everyone, How do I compile MATLAB M files into a form that can then be called from within the MATLAB interpreter? A roundabout way would seem to be to (somehow) Turn the matlab code into C (I think mcc does this), then compile this C code into MEX format and call that. Is there an easier way? I have the MATLAB compiler, so I just need to know what to do with it to get this to work. Thanks in advance, Sina sina.tootoonian wrote: > > > Hello everyone, > > How do I compile MATLAB M files into a form that can then be called > from within the MATLAB interpreter? A round...

DLL creating by Matlab for Matlab
I would like to know if it is possible to convert several M-files into one DLL with Matlab (by using mcc or mex or other functions) and use this DLL with Matlab. How can I do that? I could create DLL with mcc -l xxx.m but I can't use this DLL with Matlab (error: "??? The function, script or class xxx cannot be indexed using {} or . indexing.") I have a project on Matlab with just M-files and I want to give this project to someone who want to use it on Matlab too, but I don't want to give him the source M algorithms. Moreover, I don't want to have an executable....

Matlab engine with matlab R2010b

matlab in JAVA or java in MATLAB?
Hi guys I am now experencing a great difficulty in the interation between java and matlab. I have an objective function written in JAVA with has method return an numerical number, i call it 'profit'. The nature of this obtive function (ObjFun.java) is that it takes an parameter input, say C, with different C value, the returned profit value is different. Eventually I want to find the optimized C value which produce the maximun profit (C will be under constrains). Initially I want to use linprog or fminsearch in matlab. So I tried the command in matlab that excutes my ObjFun.ja...

matlab to matlab remote execution
Hi I have two win PCs running matlab 7. One is slow and other is a high spec fast PC. They are connected to LAN. The directory on fast PC where all matlab work takes place has been mounted as a drive on slow PC. Hence this directory on fast PC can be accessed from slow PC's matlab session. I want to let the user on slow PC run some computationally intense M scripts in his matlab session but execute them on fast PC. I tried usual unix like method. First installed telnet server on fast PC. Then used telnet client on slow PC to log on fast PC. If I attempt to start matlab in slow PC telnet ...

Calling Matlab in C in Matlab
Hi everybody! My problem can be described as follows. I have a tool in Matlab that requires calling an optimisation algorithm in C. This algorithm consists of several C-files, one of which contains the function to be minimised (CFUNCTION), and another is the main algorithm file (CMAIN). Now what I want to do is to call Matlab from CFUNCTION or CMAIN and specify my custom function (MFUNCTION) to be minimised. So, I'm calling Matlab from C from Matlab. I'm a newbie in C and MEX files. Should I rewrite CMAIN as a MEX file and include CFUNCTION in this and then use mxCallMATLAB? Or can...

Spawning matlab from within matlab
Hello all, I would like to spawn multiple matlab processes from an '.m' script. Meaning, run an m-file from a 'parent' Matlab that launches, say, 8 more 'children' matlab processes. I'd like to do it in such a way that the same m-file in the 'parent' is able to close down, or kill, all the 'children' processes. Any suggestions? Joe ...

parallel matlab
Hi all, I'm going to work on a project involving a parallel version of MATLAB - I'm aware of various efforts like MATLAB-*P and so on Right now I need to read up on some material regarding MATLAB internals eg: How are the ATLAS(or is it BLAS) routines called in MATLAB? How does MATLAB's C code store information in memory, cache'ing etc? How is one to get at those? Do you know of any suitable reference(s)/resource(s)? Thank you very much, Aravind ...

from Delphi to matlab and matlab to delphi
How to send vars from Delphi to Matlab ? and viceverse, from matlab to delphi ? thanks, it is dificult, and not found answers in the internet. jairo serrano wrote: > > > How to send vars from Delphi to Matlab ? and viceverse, from matlab > to delphi ? thanks, it is dificult, and not found answers in the > internet. When I want to use Matlab variables in another program, I write them to file. You can use comma separated files (csv). Try: > help csvwrite > help dlmwrite Works fine for me. Hope this helps, Niels jairo serrano wrote: > How to send vars from Delphi to...

matlab
using MATLAB to to convert time domain data to frequncy tomain in side labview Hello Mans, Could you provide a bit more detail about the problems you are getting with converting time domain data to frequency domain data in LabVIEW. There are many different analysis and transform vi's within LabVIEW which you could use. Depending on what your trying to do, you may need to install the Math Interface Toolkit which allows you to communicate to MATLAB from LabVIEW. I don't know if you currently have this installed but if you don't, please find the link to the page on our website belo...

Web resources about - Matlab - comp.soft-sys.matlab

Undocumented Matlab
Undocumented, unsupported and hidden features in Matlab

MATLAB - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
MATLAB ( mat rix lab oratory) is a numerical computing environment and fourth-generation programming language . Developed by MathWorks , MATLAB ...

Open Directory - Science: Math: Software: MATLAB
about dmoz - help Top : Science : Math : Software : MATLAB Submit here webpages that explain and illustrate how to use MATLAB. Sites that cover ...

The Smart Emergency Response System Using MATLAB and Simulink - YouTube
In the aftermath of an earthquake, every second counts for disaster victims. Imagine a system that can locate people quickly and help first responders ...

The A-Z of Programming Languages: MATLAB
What prompted the development of MATLAB?

Matlab: Invalid .NET Framework. Either the specified framework was not found or is not currently supported ...
If you are trying to compile Matlab into .Net framework, you might encounter this message, even though you have the .Net framework installed ...

Matlab edges closer to electronic design automation world
Matlab, one of the world's most widely used products for algorithmic development, has long occupied its own niche far removed from EDA and hardware ...

Can I/How do I use DMTCP with a parallel pool of MATLAB workers? · Issue #223 · dmtcp/dmtcp · GitHub
dmtcp - DMTCP: Distributed MultiThreaded CheckPointing matlab -nodisplay -r "parpool('local',4); parfor i=1:10, pause(1); fprintf('%i ',i); end; ...

Using MATLAB and SDR to Reverse Engineer 433MHz Messages
... so he focused on studying the methodology and the tools available for analyzing 433MHz RF transmission. He describes the process of using MATLAB ...

Matlab 6.5
After several years' absence, Matlab 6.5, comes back to the Mac. This is exceptionally good news for science and engineering labs with a code ...