matlabrc error after building java component using Matlab Builder JA

I am new to using Matlab Builder JA toolbox.  I tried to learn using it by running sample java applications from its help.  I implemented the procedure given in its help, builded the java component and then compiled it in command prompt without any error.  But when I tried to run the application using java command in command prompt i get an error:

??? Undefined function or variable 'matlabrc'.

Exception: com.mathworks.toolbox.javabuilder.MWException : An error occured while initializing the component.

I got the same error even for the running the spectral analysis example but before that I was able to run Plot example in java successfully.  I dont know how to solve this problem.  somebody please give me suggestions on what is causing the error and how to avoid it.

Thanks in advance.