Matrix Minor Cofactor Calculator !!

Hi,
apart from bluebit, is there any other link for
Matrix Minor and Cofactor calculator ???

I did not find Minor/Cofactor calculation option in
bluebit.

Has anyone got a link or free software for that Matrix
Minor Cofactor manipulation ??

I find some free online matrix calculators, but they donot
have that minor cofactor calculation. So,
it would be fine, if someone here points me to a link
that has that option in it.

Do, pls kindly let me know.
Thanks and regards,
karthik bala guru

comp.soft-sys.matlab 206979 articles. 0 followers. lunamoonmoon (258) is leader. Post Follow

how to remove repeated shifted rows in a matrix
here i want to remove repeated shifted version of matrix row.column may can vary here is 4 may be it will 3,5etc. 2 1 1 7==>(1) 2 1 2 6 1 1 7 2==>repeated as (1) but shifted,,need to remove it 1 1 3 6 3 1 1 6 3 1 2 5 3 1 3 4 3 2 4 2==>(2) 2 3 1 5 2 3 2 4==>repeated as (2) but shifted,,need to remove it or matrix is 1 1 1 8 1 1 2 7 1 1 3 6 1 1 4 5 1 2 1 7 1 2 2 ...

Calculation in a newcommand
I only know how to perform calculations *after* the begin document, using calc package. How can I do to build a new command that involves some simple calculation like products and sums with decimal numbers? -- ciao theprof ^^^^^^^ > un'Aurynetta, che senso ha dare ad una persona piu' di un ergastolo, > tanto mica campa 300 anni... theprof wrote: > I only know how to perform calculations *after* the begin document, > using calc package. > How can I do to build a new command that involves some simple > calculation like products and sums with decimal numbers? > ...

sparse matrix optimisation
Hi, I was wondering whether it was possible to speed up the multiplication of a full matrix and a sparse matrix. For instance: a = rand(1000); b = sprand(1000,1000,0.1); Now, tic; a.*a; toc Elapsed time is 0.018767 seconds. which is slower than... tic; b.*b; toc Elapsed time is 0.007262 seconds. but the one I want... tic; b.*a; toc Elapsed time is 0.029871 seconds. ....is the slowest of them all. Is there any way I can speed up this operation to comparable speeds for the sparse only operation? Many thanks in advance for your time, Oli "Olive...

Satellite calculator
For anyone who likes to play with these old programs I've been posting, here's another one. It calculates the direction in which to aim a satellite dish, given the latitude and longitude of the dish on the earth's surface and the longitude of the (geostationary) satellite. It also calculates the dates and times of "solar outages", when the satellite passes across the sun in the sky, so the sun's radio emissions interfere with communications. This is in QBasic. I guess it could be converted to other dialects, but I'll leave that to other people ...

How to transform equations in matrix form?
Hello, I have 5 linear (very long) equations and want to transform them into a more conveniently matrix form: A*x=b. How can I do that with Matlab? The equations are too long, to do this by hand. Thank you for your help! Hello, I have 5 linear (very long) equations (with symbolic variables) and want to transform them into a more conveniently matrix form: A*x=b. How can I do that with Matlab? The equations are too long, to do this by hand. Thank you for your help! Does anybody know an answer? Marcus wrote: > Hello, > > I have 5 linear (very long) equations (...

Contiguity Matrix
Does anybody knows how to do a Contiguity Matrix in a ARCGIS?? Or other sofware ?? Tks Very Much... zefiro@brturbo.com.br wrote: > Does anybody knows how to do a Contiguity Matrix in a ARCGIS?? > Or other sofware ?? > > Tks Very Much... > I did it in Avenue... I never got arround to package it up nicely as an ..avx or anything, but basicly it's working. Send me your email at mhv@dmu.dk if you can use a copy of the .ave scripts. Best regards Martin ...

correlation matrix from regress()?
I'm using the regress function to do linear regression, and I'm somewhat dissatisfied with the output MATLAB produces. When I was using the simple regression algorithm built into gnuplot, I got a standard error for each parameter and a correlation matrix for the parameters; I don't seem to be getting either of these with MATLAB. I suppose I could take the confidence intervals and work backward to get the standard deviations, but I'd still be stuck for a correlation matrix. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks. Hi Nicholas - The 'covb' output of the REGSTATS functi...

2x2 transformation matrix
Hello everyone, I have a question regarding the 2x2 transformation matrix with 4 degrees of freedom. It is possible to remove a pure rotation and scale from that matrix leaving a transformation with 2 parameters which I believe must be somekind of shear or two shears but I am not sure exactly what. Can someone please explain to me what that remaining transformation is or at least point me to the right direction where I can read about it? Thank you, V.Z. "Vasileios Zografos" <vasileios@zografosNOSPAM.org> wrote in message news:1129130038.dd5b48c79e3ac651ae8491d688bfe8e5...

How to make Matrix B work for Matrix A?
I need to create a function where my matrix B replicats matrix A and 'tiles up' in an M-by-N arrangement. How do i create such a function? Any tip on what i should think off?? I.e. lets say Matrix A = [1 2 3; 4 5 6] Then matrix b should write out like i.e. 1 2 3 1 2 3 1 2 3 4 5 6 4 5 6 4 5 6 1 2 3 1 2 3 1 2 3 4 5 6 4 5 6 4 5 6 help repmat Zopyrus wrote: > > > I need to create a function where my matrix B replicats matrix A > and > 'tiles up' in an M-by-N arrangement. > > How do i create such a function? Any tip on what i should...

Matrix coordinate,
Hi, I have matrix and i want to find the coordinate of the first 1 that appeared in the matrix, that is row and column number, here is my code so far, D = 0 0 0 1 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 >> [m,n] = size (D) m = 4 n = 7 >> G = find (D, m, 'first') G = 8 13 18 21 >> G = min(find(D,m,'first')) G = 8 I need to gewt the row and column number of this ...

Permutation matrix from LUDecomposition
Running Maple 10 on MacOS X with a G4 processor, I always receive an identity matrix for 'P' from LUDecomposition, even in cases where I expect partial pivoting to occur. Test case: ==================== with( LinearAlgebra ): n := 3; A := <<3,2,6>|<17,4,18>|<10,-2,-12>>; (mP, mL, mU) := LUDecomposition( A, output=['P','L','U'] ); ==================== The matrix from the test case appears in Golub and Loan's "Matrix Computations" book. The partial pivoting example from the book shows two row swaps occuring he...

How to calculate L95% and U95% CI Limit
hello all, I am generating an Incidence of AE table (safety tables ) and in that table I need to calculate 95% Lower and Upper CI intervals (EXACT Confidence Interval). In my case I have couple of AEDECODE terms that grouped as one one Event group (Incidence) . I need to calculate L95% and U95% for different Incidence variables. I tried to use to proc Univariate then I am getting this error 14 proc Univariate data=count ; 15 VAR Incidence; ERROR: Variable Incidence in list does not match type prescribed for this list. 16 RUN; Can I use Proc Freq to gene...

averaging specific values within a matrix
Hi I have been struggling with this for a few weeks now and would greatly appreciate any help! I have a matrix [A] station values output I am looking for: 1 2 1 3 (2+3)/2=2.5 1 5 (3+5)/2=4 2 1 2 4 (1+4)/2=2.5 3 2.5 3 5 (2.5+5)/2=2.25 3 6 (5+6)/2=5.5 I want to return a column of the averages of the first value, plus the second value and the second and third values, for each station. for mystation=[1 2 3] idx=find(station==mystation) V=values(id...

Plotting sparse nonsymmetric matrix (like using SPY function)
Hi, I am new here. I would like to ask about plotting of sparse nonsymmetric matrix. Using the SPY function, I can see the structure of the matrix. The matrix I have is symmetric in structure but non-symmetric in values. Are there any ways I can edit the plotting function? Like telling them If A(i,j) ~= A(j,i) Then "plot x" Else "plot o" Thank you a lot, HT "Tran Huu Huyen Tran" wrote in message <ilkeug$lm3$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > Hi, > > I am new here. > I would like to ask about plotting of sparse nonsymmetric matrix. > > Usin...

Matrix of matrix
Hi everbody. First of all, I apologize for my English, so please be indulgent with me if my sentences are not grammatically correct. I have some trouble with MATLAB. I have some data in txt files that I catch like that : MFS93A1 = textread('Z:/Fichiers/MFS93.A1.txt','','headerlines',1); MFS93B1 = textread('Z:/Fichiers/MFS93.B1.txt','','headerlines',1); MFM77A1 = textread('Z:/Fichiers/MFM77.A1.txt','','headerlines',1); MFM77C1 = textread('Z:/Fichiers/MFM77.C1.txt','','headerlines',1); Then, in or...

how to get the indices matrix (a simple question)
my question is this: t=[1 3 3 2 4 1 2 1 3]; I want get the indices from 1 to 4. such as indices for value 1 =find(t==1) Is it possible to build a indices matrix (because the length of indices for each value is not same) or is there other way to solve this? thanks Hi, results must be stored into a cell array : <http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/techdoc/matlab_prog/f2-67323.html> J�r�me ...

Re: Scatter plot matrix
Does it have to be proc reg? V9.2 has this new statistical graph procedure: http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/grstatproc/61948/HTML/default/a0 03155769.htm On Wed, 22 Apr 2009 17:03:30 -0400, Dale, Jason - BLS <Dale.Jason@BLS.GOV> wrote: >Is it possible to produce a scatterplot matrix in proc reg? I can't >seem to find anything on the internet. ...

Matrix Transpose
Hi~ Everyone~ I got a question here about matrix, I created a 3 dimensional arrary which is 2*3* 4 in C and the read it out using IDL. I found the index of these numbers are different , just like this : C IDL 1,1 ,1 1,2,2 1, 2, 2 0, 2, 3 1, 1,3 1, 0,3 0,1,2 0, 0, 1 0 ,0 ,3 1, 1, 0 1,1 ,2 0 ,0 ,3 Do ca...

Solving matrix equations #2
Hi everyone, I've got some linear equations to solve and I don't really know how to do it Is it possible to solve such an equation with Mathematica : v_n=v_0.P^n where v_n and v_0 are two vectors of m-components and P is a mxm matrix (in the problem i'm studying, m is about 100). I know v_n,v_0 and n and i wanna get P. I would be also interested to find n, knowing P. I looked at the functions LinearSolve and LinearSolveFunction but I didn't really worked out the thing. And I'm not really skilled with Mathematica, I never used it before ! If you have ...

mfcc calculation
Hi everybody, I am new to this group and could find that many of the group member know much about speaker identification. I am a graduate student, now doin my final year project on speaker recognition. The problem is to perfor speaker recognition on movie clips. I have no previous experience wit speech processing. I could eliminate silence, environment sounds etc. from the audi signal to a satisfactory extent. The next step is MFCC calculation an the classification. I tried a lot doing it. But the output MFCC vectors get do not seem to be correct (I am not sure actually). The vec...

Why inv of hermitian matrix is much slower than non-hermitian matrix !?
If I define the following two matrices A=rand(5000); (non-hermitian) B=A+A'; (hermitian) and find the time required to find inverse of them tic;inv(A);toc; tic;inv(B);toc; I see that, surprisingly, it takes longer time to find inverse of the hermitian matrix comparing to the non-hermitian one! Additionally for the hermitian matrix it uses only single core in my quad-core computer! I checked this on other computers and also other versions of Matlab (up to 2009) and I got the same thing. To fix the problem I simply added a small imaginary term to the hermitian matrix (e.g. 1i*1.e-100)...

shifting data to the left of a four dimensional matrix
hi, i have a four dimensional matrix. i need to take the previous values (shifting 1 to the left) from different dimensions. the inefficient code for this purpose is as follows: *************** for k=2:(z_side-1) for j=2:(y_side-1) for i=2:(x_side-1) if (id(i,j,k)>0) a1 = a(i-1,j,k,1); % Admittance to left a2 = a(i,j,k,1); % Admittance to right a3 = a(i,j-1,k,2); % Admittance to front a4 = a(i,j,k,2); % Admittance to behi...

Offset not calculated properly
I'm trying to move a second window so that it is directly above another, hugging it closely. I'm using the below code, but for some reason, its not always consistent.. sometimes my second window falls just below the title bar, sometimes its pretty far below the title bar. void resetPositionComboTD() { Point loc = this.getLocationOnScreen(); int newY = loc.y - sw.getHeight(); int newX = loc.x; sw.setLocation(newX, newY); } I tried playing with insets, but no matter what I did, it didn't seem to help much (or at all) Any help is appreciated, I'm driving...

convert matrix to matrix of cell
Help Please I have a matrix I am calculating the mean of several matrix (4x13, 3x4, 5x13, etc) and I get a row vector (1x13) for each matrix. What I want is to get a final cell matrix that contain in each cell one mean, but insted Iam geting a colum vector with each cell containing the row vector. I am doing this: MatMedia {i,1} = mean(cell2mat(MatParcial)); [1x13] [1x13] [1x13] I want this 5 4 6 5 7 8 9 3 4 2 3 4 5 2 3 4 5 6 2 3 1 1 4 5 6 5 How to convert a any matrix to a matrix of cells with each cell containing only one value and not a matrix or vector. I...

Reshaping Matrix when "Blocks" Have Unequal Number of Rows
Hello, I have data that looks like this: Country Year Quarter GDP USA 2010 4 x USA 2010 3 x USA 2010 2 x USA 2010 1 x CND 2010 2 x CND 2010 1 x UK 2010 4 x UK 2010 3 x I would like to see like this: Year Quarter USA CND UK 2010 4 x x x 2010 3 x x x 2010 2 x x x 2010 1 x x x In other words, the countries are stacked in rows below each other but I would like to see them in colu...