MCR failed to load in Windows 7

I have a stand-alone exe made with MATLAB R2009b and Windows XP SP2.
This ran successfully in Window XP, but failed to run in Windows 7.

I installed MCR v711 on the Windows 7 computer.
When I ran the .exe, I got the error (read in cmd window):

Fatal error loading library C:\Program files <x86>\..\v711\bin\win32\mclmcr.dll
Error: The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect.

Please help.
0
Patrick
8/2/2010 7:21:07 PM
comp.soft-sys.matlab 210207 articles. 11 followers. lunamoonmoon (258) is leader. Post Follow

> Fatal error loading library C:\Program files <x86>\..\v711\bin\win32\mclmcr.dll
> Error: The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect.

I had this same problem, and what fixed it was installing the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable.

-Sean
0
Sean

Fedora: fail Mint: fail OpenSuse: fail Ubuntu: fail Windows 7: success Windows Vista: success
"All current Linux versions I've tried with new kernels simply won't install at all, the install fails virtually before it even starts. Ubuntu 9.10 (2.6.31), 10.04, Fedora, Mint, OpenSuse, all fail. Just some CD activity and then they stop with a blank screen. Although Suse gets further, with a screen of coloured blocks. It must be a bug they have introduced in later kernels. My hardware is very standard, although I do see other people have problems with the ASUS P5Q series. Windows 7, Vista needless to say install and work flawlessly. It is enough to put you off Linux alt...

Matlab R2009b not loading GUI over Windows 7
When I open Matlab the app try to open but it gets in the background without showing the GUI but the borders, same happens to installation/uninstallation windows. The CPU use is almost 100% during the opening proces and memory almost explote. I tried to fix this by updating JRE to Uptate 18 but it didn't work. I uninstalled JRE and tried again but nothing happened. I am desperate! ...

Fail to install MATLAB R2007a on Windows 7
This is an issue when I install MATLAB R2007a on a Windows 7 Pro machine. After I fill in the information in name/company/PLP page and click the "next" button, there is no response from the installer. Interestingly, the other buttons (prev, cancel, help) still functional. Same thing happened to me too.. :( Then I've install windows XP and its working perfectly on that. "Leonard Yu" <lq.nospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message <h81egd$lq1$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > This is an issue when I install MATLAB R2007a on a Windows 7 Pro machine. After I fill in the...

Windows 7 Home Premium vs. Windows 7 Professional (using MATLAB R2007a or R2007b)
I am planning to purchase a Laptop computer and must decide whether to order it with Windows 7 Home Premium or Windows 7 Professional. (I now use R2007a in Debian Linux. I have the package for R2007b but haven&#8217;t installed it.) My questions are: Does MATLAB R2007a (and/or R2007b) work on Windows 7 Home Premium? If not, does it work under Windows 7 Professional? Under Windows 7 Professional, would I have to run Matlab in Windows XP mode? If both operating systems work, is there any advantage (in terms of Matlab performance) to Windows 7 Professional vs. Home Premium? Thank you. ...

Matlab 7.1 on window 7
I am currently using window 7 ultimate 32bit.. After finish install MATLAB 7.1, the software won't work.. It's appear window with coding..i think it is a error.. before I used vista and the installer work fine... please help.. or should i download another MATLAB version that compatible with Window 7? thanks~ You may have this problem because Matlab needs a Java virtual machine, and the one that is included could not be 100% compatible with Windows 7... you can download an update for the JVM and copy the exe file to the bin matlab folder.... "Khairizan " <commwarr...

Does Matlab 7.1 work on Windows 7?
Could someone please tell me. I want to upgrade but it is a critical application for me. As well I don't want to upgrade till 2009b student edition is available in a physical copy. "Benjamin " <bpazolli@gmail.com> wrote in message <hc0vgd$p2r$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > Could someone please tell me. I want to upgrade but it is a critical application for me. As well I don't want to upgrade till 2009b student edition is available in a physical copy. I've been able to get MATLAB 7.1 (32-bit) to run on Windows 7 (64-bit) by setting the compatibility mode to &q...

running matlab 7.1 on windows 7
when i start matlab 7.1 on win7, i get the following error message, error starting desktop, please help "V NAVEEN " <anuj.navren90@gmail.com> wrote in message <hirlde$mii$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > when i start matlab 7.1 on win7, i get the following error message, > error starting desktop, > please help a hint: http://www.mathworks.com/support/sysreq/previous_releases.html us ...

Matlab version for Windows Vista and Windows 7
Which version of the Matlab is installable in Vista environment? Win7 environment? Thanks for the info in advance. Lee CC "CC Lee" <e2718282@gmail.com> wrote in message news:i195np$9sk$1@fred.mathworks.com... > Which version of the Matlab is installable in Vista environment? Win7 > environment? > > Thanks for the info in advance. The list of system requirements for versions of MATLAB as far back as release R11 is available on the support website in the Installation, Activation, and Startup box: http://www.mathworks.com/support/ -- Steve Lord slord...

Matlab 7.1 on window 7 #2
I am currently using window 7 ultimate 32bit.. After finish install MATLAB 7.1, the software won't work.. It's appear window with coding..i think it is a error.. before I used vista and the installer work fine... please help.. or should i download another MATLAB version that compatible with Window 7? thanks~ On 10-08-30 01:46 PM, Khairizan wrote: > I am currently using window 7 ultimate 32bit.. > After finish install MATLAB 7.1, the software won't work.. > It's appear window with coding..i think it is a error.. > before I used vista and the installer work fi...

matlab 7.10 installation on windows 7 x64
hi! all, i am having trouble installing matlab 7.10 on a windows 7 x64 machine. the installation completed 95% with est. 5 minutes to go, but the installation hung forever. there was no error message, the installation screen was just sitting there. i let it ran over night but didn't complete either. can somebody help! thanx in advance irina "Ed " <irinakuz@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:hns106$gr0$1@fred.mathworks.com... > hi! all, > > i am having trouble installing matlab 7.10 on a windows 7 x64 machine. > the installation comp...

Compatibility fo MATLAB 7.0 with WINDOWS 7
Anyone plz help me running MATLAB 7.0 in WINDOWS 7................ On 15 Sep, 10:40, "Vikram Vasudev" <cvvva...@yahoo.com> wrote: > Anyone plz help me running MATLAB 7.0 in WINDOWS 7................ What is 'windows 7'? Rune "Rune Allnor" <allnor@tele.ntnu.no> wrote in message news:ebcdf2b0-918e-4763-b6c2-b05a6e2b5ca3@31g2000vbf.googlegroups.com... > On 15 Sep, 10:40, "Vikram Vasudev" <cvvva...@yahoo.com> wrote: >> Anyone plz help me running MATLAB 7.0 in WINDOWS 7................ > > What is 'windows 7'? ...

Windows 8 Vaporware -- Highlights Windows 7 failings
It seems that Microsoft accidentally leaked goals for Windows 8. Obviously Microsoft is hoping it can use the vaporware gambit to somehow retain the loyalty of OEMs to an "All Microsoft" solution for their laptops and desktops. From http://msftkitchen.com/2010/06/windows-8-plans-leaked-numerous-details-reve= aled.html <quote> Included in these presentations is a rather telling (but obvious) slide which shows that Microsoft is clearly paying attention to Apple while planning Windows 8. Titled, =93How Apple does it: A virtuous cycle,=94 Microsoft has broken down Ap...

Error loading Jogl native library in MATLAB 7.7
Hi, I'm trying to use JOGL v2.0 in matlab 7.7 on a windows 32 bit machine. I've installed the JOGL libraries in D:\Programs\Java\jogl-2.0-windows-i586\lib and have added this directory to matlabroot/toolbox/local/librarypath.txt as described in the matlab documentation. >> System.getProperty('java.library.path') ans = C:\Program Files\MATLAB\R2008b\bin\win32;D:\Programs\Java\jogl-2.0-windows-i586\lib >> System.loadLibrary('nativewindow_jvm') ??? Java exception occurred: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no nativewindow_jvm in java.library.path at java.l...

MEX in Matlab 7.10, 64 bit, Windows 7
Hi! I was wondering if anyone got MEX to work under 64 bit Windows 7, using Visual C++ Express Edition 9.0? I followed all instructions on http://www.mathworks.com/support/solutions/en/data/1-6IJJ3L/index.html?solution=1-6IJJ3L exactly, and it had worked for me before on Windows Vista. Now, Matlab using mex -setup can certainly detect the compiler, but when I use it to compile something (such as yprime.c as in the example), I get the error: LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'yprime.mexw64' C:\PROGRA~1\MATLAB\R2010A\BIN\MEX.PL: Error: Link of 'yprime.mexw64&#...

Matlab 7.1 (2005) and Windows 7 Home Premium
I'm able to run Matlab 7.1 in Win7 HP. But when I tried to run this: Output = [Variable'; fcnMat2Cells(Results)] OutFile = [CurDir SubjFdr{q} SsnFdr{y} '_aGC.xls']; % Out filename if exist(OutFile) == 2 delete(OutFile); end xlswrite(OutFile, Output); I encountered this error: ______________________________________________________________________ ??? Error using ==> run Invoke Error, Dispatch Exception: Source: Microsoft Office Excel Description: Microsoft Office Excel cannot access the file 'F:\MRC\Research\Projects\RevBike\LW\Pre_S0\Walk'. There are several possible reasons: &#8226; The file name or path does not exist. &#8226; The file is being used by another program. &#8226; The workbook you are trying to save has the same name as a currently open workbook. Help File: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\1033\xlmain11.chm Help Context ID: 0 ______________________________________________________________________ Any suggestions? John ...

Some Arabic letters fail in Windows Vista & Windows 7
My observation refers to Windows Vista and Windows 7, but not to other operating systems. The Urdu letter U+06BB =DA=BB=DA=BB=DA=BB does not join in Courier New. http://www.alanflavell.org.uk/unicode/unidata06.html#x06BB The Pashto letter U+06D0 =DB=90=DB=90=DB=90 does not join in Courier New and not in Times New Roman. http://www.alanflavell.org.uk/unicode/unidata06.html#x06D0 The display of both letters in Arial and Tahoma is correct. Choose Arial or Tahoma or Times New Roman as your Western Latin typeface in your browser. I'm aski...

Using Matlab 6.5 To load Matlab 7.0 Figures
As suggested in my subject I am trying to use Matlab 6.5 to load a Matlab 7.0 updated .fig file. The command I am using is: hgload filename; the error I recieve is: ??? Error using ==> load Unable to read MAT file z:\xbr_prop\proptool\V7.0.6\PROP\xbr_tool_prop_fig3.fig See FILEFORMATS for a list of known file types and the functions used to read them. Error in ==> \\Resbed-easrv\MATLAB6p5\toolbox\matlab\iofun\hgload.m On line 45 ==> fileVars = load(filename,'-mat'); Error in ==> z:\xbr_prop\proptool\V7.0.6\PROP\prop_7_gui.m On line 2 ==> hgload xbr_tool_prop_fig3;...

Matlab 7.0 R14 problem in Windows 7 64-bit
Hi all, Does anyone know how to fix this problem. Matlab 7.0 R14 installed fine on Windows 7 64-bit, but when I start Matlab it opens, but then closes down after 1 second or so. My processor is Phenom II X6 X1055T 2.8 GHz. Thx for Ur help if U know, Kaare "Kaare " <kaare.simonsen@hsbcib.com> wrote in message news:i1hemf$e77$1@fred.mathworks.com... > Hi all, > > Does anyone know how to fix this problem. Matlab 7.0 R14 installed fine > on Windows 7 64-bit, but when I start Matlab it opens, but then closes > down after 1 second or so. My processor...

XViD support in Matlab 7.5 64-bit (under Windows 7)
Dear all, I'm trying to read data from an AVI file with XViD compression. System details: Windows 7 64-bit, running on a Core2-Quad machine. Matlab 2007b (7.5.0) 64-bit I've installed the latest version of the XViD codec, made sure that it appears in the codec list in Window Media Player and restarted everything. Still, when using aviread, I get the error: Unable to locate decompressor to decompress video stream What do I have to do to overcome this nuisance? Thanks!! Gilad "Gilad " <gilad.jacobson@fmi.ch> wrote in message <iopdto$ct9$1@fred.mathworks.com>.....

Very annoying bug in Matlab 7: pop up window always hide under other windows...
Hi all, I am designing GUI using Matlab 7. I found out a very annoying/strange behavior of Matlab 7. If in my GUI window 1, I have a pushbutton, hit it will popup another GUI window 2. If GUI window 2 is designed by myself using GUIDE, then upon popingup, the window 2 will be in front of GUI window 1, that's exactly what I want; However, if GUI window 2 is not designed by myself, it is some Matlab window, such as "imview", "uisetcolor", "uiimportdata", etc. they always hide to behind my GUI window 1 after they popup... This is very annoying, some times t...

What if Windows 7 fails too?
Since Windows 7 is nothing more than a re-hashed and re-packaged version of Windows Vista, there's a real chance that it too will fail miserably in the marketplace. What will Microsoft do if Windows 7 fails to entice businesses and consumers? Will they quickly gear up another re-hashed version and call it Windows 8? Will they try to come-up with a new version of Windows XP? Will they simply curl up and die somewhere? The latter is obviously the best option IMHO, so Linux can reign supreme forever. Bill got out just in time! Windows 7, I hate it ALREADY!!!! Non scrivetemi wrote: > ...

matlab in windows 7
Sir, I can not able to install Matlab 2009 in windows 7. After installing 26%, installing file dissapear. Also I changed to windows classics it does not work. kindly suggest so that I can load it "Mukesh Singh" <s.mukesh@iitg.ernet.in> wrote in message news:i0ahn6$ckv$1@fred.mathworks.com... > Sir, > I can not able to install Matlab 2009 in windows 7. After installing > 26%, installing file dissapear. Also I changed to windows classics it does > not work. kindly suggest so that I can load it Contact Technical Support for help with installation issues. ...

Matlab under Windows 7
Hello; I have Matlab R2009b installed on my PC, the OS is Windows 7. When I need to deploy a project, I got this error: ['cmd.exe' n'est pas reconnu en tant que commande interne ou externe, un programme ex&#8218;cutable ou un fichier de commandes.] which means Cmd.exe' is not recognized as internal or external command, a program, an executable or a batch file. Thanks a lot I found a primary solution, but I am not yet convinced. The remedy is, since MatLab is not responsible about this error, it is the os, I wrote a file, a blank one titled "cmd.bat&quo...

matlab windows 7
hi all, myself gunjan.i would like to hear thank you on gunjan_deotale@yahoo.co.in after your problem gets solved. so now if u r working on windows 7. and if matlab is giving u runtime error and big screen related to java .1) FIRST RIGHT CLICK ON MATLAB ICON ON DESKTOP 2)GO TO PROPERTIES 3)THEN CLICK ON COMPATIBILITY OPTION 4)IN COMPATIBILITY MODE CLICK ON RUN THIS PROGRAM IN COMPATIBILITY MODE FOR 5) THEN SELECT WINDOWS VISTA FROM LIST OF OPTIONS. 6)CLICK APPLY N THEN OK. ...

Web resources about - MCR failed to load in Windows 7 - comp.soft-sys.matlab

The Windows Blog

New Lumia 650 looks nice but misses Windows 10 Mobile’s best feature
(credit: Microsoft) Microsoft has announced a new phone running Windows: the Lumia 650. As its name numerically implies, this phone sits closer ...

Microsoft Lumia 650 is an affordable Windows 10 Mobile device, but does a missing feature make it a fail ...
When Microsoft purchased Nokia's handset business, it was viewed by many as a way to stop the Finnish company from defecting from Windows Phone. ...

Microsoft is marking the end of an era with a $199 Windows phone for the business
... and some significant information leakage , Microsoft finally and officially announced the Lumia 650 — a budget $199 smartphone running Windows ...

Play JezzBall and tons of other Windows 3.1 games in your browser
... of others on a Compaq-386 and eventually, a Pentium series. Now by way of Archive.org's Software Library , you can play roughly 1000 Windows ...

Hulu's universal Windows 10 app features live tiles and Cortana
A big part of the promise of Windows 10 is the big push for universal applications, which enable developers to write one app that'll work on ...

Windows 10: Best And Worst New Features
Windows 10: Best And Worst New Features

Hulu goes all-out for Windows 10 with Cortana integration in new universal app
Microsoft has a history of helping users watch TV, first with now-dead Windows Media Player and then with Xbox One’s live TV integrations. But ...