mex error on 64-bit Mac OS 10.6 (running 32 bit Matlab)

Hi,

I have a 64 bit MacPro running Mac OS 10.6. I am running a 32 bit Matlab. I am trying to compile a mex file, and I get the following error:

mex -O -I/Users/dparikh/Documents/work/NS1/imrender_v2.3/vgg -Itrw-s/ vgg_trw_bp.cxx trw-s/MRFEnergy.cpp trw-s/minimize.cpp trw-s/ordering.cpp trw-s/treeProbabilities.cpp
ld: warning: in vgg_trw_bp.o, file is not of required architecture
ld: warning: in MRFEnergy.o, file is not of required architecture
ld: warning: in minimize.o, file is not of required architecture
ld: warning: in ordering.o, file is not of required architecture
ld: warning: in treeProbabilities.o, file is not of required architecture
ld: warning: in /Applications/MATLAB_R2008b.app/bin/maci/libmx.dylib, file is not of required architecture
ld: warning: in /Applications/MATLAB_R2008b.app/bin/maci/libmex.dylib, file is not of required architecture
ld: warning: in /Applications/MATLAB_R2008b.app/bin/maci/libmat.dylib, file is not of required architecture
??? Error using ==> feval
Invalid MEX-file '/Users/dparikh/Documents/work/NS1/imrender_v2.3/vgg/vgg_trw_bp.mexmaci':
dlopen(/Users/dparikh/Documents/work/NS1/imrender_v2.3/vgg/vgg_trw_bp.mexmaci, 1): no suitable
image found.  Did find:
/Users/dparikh/Documents/work/NS1/imrender_v2.3/vgg/vgg_trw_bp.mexmaci: mach-o, but wrong
        architecture.

Is this because I have a 32 bit Matlab, and so it is creating .mexmaci (instead of .mexmaci64?) files that are not the right ones for my 64 bit machine? Any help would be really appreciated!

Thanks,
comp.soft-sys.matlab 211266 articles. 19 followers. lunamoonmoon (257) is leader. Post Follow

Hi Devi,

What does 'computer' return in the Command Window? How are you launching
MATLAB, from the command line?  If so, what command options are you
specifying?

- Brian

Devi Parikh wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a 64 bit MacPro running Mac OS 10.6. I am running a 32 bit Matlab. I am trying to compile a mex file, and I get the following error:
>
> mex -O -I/Users/dparikh/Documents/work/NS1/imrender_v2.3/vgg -Itrw-s/ vgg_trw_bp.cxx trw-s/MRFEnergy.cpp trw-s/minimize.cpp trw-s/ordering.cpp trw-s/treeProbabilities.cpp
> ld: warning: in vgg_trw_bp.o, file is not of required architecture
> ld: warning: in MRFEnergy.o, file is not of required architecture
> ld: warning: in minimize.o, file is not of required architecture
> ld: warning: in ordering.o, file is not of required architecture
> ld: warning: in treeProbabilities.o, file is not of required architecture
> ld: warning: in /Applications/MATLAB_R2008b.app/bin/maci/libmx.dylib, file is not of required architecture
> ld: warning: in /Applications/MATLAB_R2008b.app/bin/maci/libmex.dylib, file is not of required architecture
> ld: warning: in /Applications/MATLAB_R2008b.app/bin/maci/libmat.dylib, file is not of required architecture
> ??? Error using ==> feval
> Invalid MEX-file '/Users/dparikh/Documents/work/NS1/imrender_v2.3/vgg/vgg_trw_bp.mexmaci':
> dlopen(/Users/dparikh/Documents/work/NS1/imrender_v2.3/vgg/vgg_trw_bp.mexmaci, 1): no suitable
> image found.  Did find:
> /Users/dparikh/Documents/work/NS1/imrender_v2.3/vgg/vgg_trw_bp.mexmaci: mach-o, but wrong
>         architecture.
>
> Is this because I have a 32 bit Matlab, and so it is creating .mexmaci (instead of .mexmaci64?) files that are not the right ones for my 64 bit machine? Any help would be really appreciated!
>
> Thanks,
Hi Brian,

When I say "computer" I get: MACI. I launch matlab by clicking on the Matlab icon.

Do you have any thoughts on this?

Thanks,
Devi

Brian Arnold <Brian.Arnold@mathworks.com> wrote in message <4AB3E5E8.1050500@mathworks.com>...
> Hi Devi,
>
> What does 'computer' return in the Command Window? How are you launching
> MATLAB, from the command line?  If so, what command options are you
> specifying?
>
> - Brian
>
> Devi Parikh wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a 64 bit MacPro running Mac OS 10.6. I am running a 32 bit Matlab. I am trying to compile a mex file, and I get the following error:
> >
> > mex -O -I/Users/dparikh/Documents/work/NS1/imrender_v2.3/vgg -Itrw-s/ vgg_trw_bp.cxx trw-s/MRFEnergy.cpp trw-s/minimize.cpp trw-s/ordering.cpp trw-s/treeProbabilities.cpp
> > ld: warning: in vgg_trw_bp.o, file is not of required architecture
> > ld: warning: in MRFEnergy.o, file is not of required architecture
> > ld: warning: in minimize.o, file is not of required architecture
> > ld: warning: in ordering.o, file is not of required architecture
> > ld: warning: in treeProbabilities.o, file is not of required architecture
> > ld: warning: in /Applications/MATLAB_R2008b.app/bin/maci/libmx.dylib, file is not of required architecture
> > ld: warning: in /Applications/MATLAB_R2008b.app/bin/maci/libmex.dylib, file is not of required architecture
> > ld: warning: in /Applications/MATLAB_R2008b.app/bin/maci/libmat.dylib, file is not of required architecture
> > ??? Error using ==> feval
> > Invalid MEX-file '/Users/dparikh/Documents/work/NS1/imrender_v2.3/vgg/vgg_trw_bp.mexmaci':
> > dlopen(/Users/dparikh/Documents/work/NS1/imrender_v2.3/vgg/vgg_trw_bp.mexmaci, 1): no suitable
> > image found.  Did find:
> > /Users/dparikh/Documents/work/NS1/imrender_v2.3/vgg/vgg_trw_bp.mexmaci: mach-o, but wrong
> >         architecture.
> >
> > Is this because I have a 32 bit Matlab, and so it is creating .mexmaci (instead of .mexmaci64?) files that are not the right ones for my 64 bit machine? Any help would be really appreciated!
> >
> > Thanks,
Hi Devi,

Thanks.

What version of MATLAB are you running? The problem might be an out of
date mexopts.sh file for Snow Leopard.

My interpretation of the build output is that MEX is attempting to
compile 64-bit, and succeeding, and then attempting to link 32-bit, but
failing.

This situation could happen in an environment outside of MATLAB on OS
10.6, because the gcc compiler on Snow Leopard defaults to compiling
64-bit by default. However, MATLAB's MEX command specifies both the
architecture and the compiler version in versions of MATLAB R2007a and
newer, so you should never see this problem within MATLAB itself.
Unfortunately, versions of MATLAB older than R2008a may not be passing
the -arch flag consistently.

If you are running an older release, check the contents your MATLAB
installation's bin/mexopts.sh file. Did you make any changes to that
file? If not, does it contain any -arch flags?  It needs to have -arch
i386 in the maci section, for CFLAGS, CXXFLAGS and SHLLDFLAGS. If they
are not there, you will need to add them yourself, to ensure that -arch
i386 is provided both for compiling and linking.

Let me know if this is the case.

- Brian

Devi Parikh wrote:
> Hi Brian,
>
> When I say "computer" I get: MACI. I launch matlab by clicking on the Matlab icon.
>
> Do you have any thoughts on this?
>
> Thanks,
> Devi
>

> Brian Arnold <Brian.Arnold@mathworks.com> wrote in message <4AB3E5E8.1050500@mathworks.com>...
>> Hi Devi,
>>
>> What does 'computer' return in the Command Window? How are you launching
>> MATLAB, from the command line?  If so, what command options are you
>> specifying?
>>
>> - Brian
>>
>> Devi Parikh wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have a 64 bit MacPro running Mac OS 10.6. I am running a 32 bit Matlab. I am trying to compile a mex file, and I get the following error:
>>>
>>> mex -O -I/Users/dparikh/Documents/work/NS1/imrender_v2.3/vgg -Itrw-s/ vgg_trw_bp.cxx trw-s/MRFEnergy.cpp trw-s/minimize.cpp trw-s/ordering.cpp trw-s/treeProbabilities.cpp
>>> ld: warning: in vgg_trw_bp.o, file is not of required architecture
>>> ld: warning: in MRFEnergy.o, file is not of required architecture
>>> ld: warning: in minimize.o, file is not of required architecture
>>> ld: warning: in ordering.o, file is not of required architecture
>>> ld: warning: in treeProbabilities.o, file is not of required architecture
>>> ld: warning: in /Applications/MATLAB_R2008b.app/bin/maci/libmx.dylib, file is not of required architecture
>>> ld: warning: in /Applications/MATLAB_R2008b.app/bin/maci/libmex.dylib, file is not of required architecture
>>> ld: warning: in /Applications/MATLAB_R2008b.app/bin/maci/libmat.dylib, file is not of required architecture
>>> ??? Error using ==> feval
>>> Invalid MEX-file '/Users/dparikh/Documents/work/NS1/imrender_v2.3/vgg/vgg_trw_bp.mexmaci':
>>> dlopen(/Users/dparikh/Documents/work/NS1/imrender_v2.3/vgg/vgg_trw_bp.mexmaci, 1): no suitable
>>> image found.  Did find:
>>> /Users/dparikh/Documents/work/NS1/imrender_v2.3/vgg/vgg_trw_bp.mexmaci: mach-o, but wrong
>>>         architecture.
>>>
>>> Is this because I have a 32 bit Matlab, and so it is creating .mexmaci (instead of .mexmaci64?) files that are not the right ones for my 64 bit machine? Any help would be really appreciated!
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> D
Has this issue been resolved?  I am having the same problem, but -arch
i386 is already in the maci section, for CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS.  I don't have thing called   SHLLDFLAGS.  Also get 'MACI' when run 'computer'.  Running OSX 10.6 and matlab R2009a 32 bit.

Any help?

-Sam

"Devi Parikh" <deviparikh@gmail.com> wrote in message <h8v0u2$fgb$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> Hi,
>
> I have a 64 bit MacPro running Mac OS 10.6. I am running a 32 bit Matlab. I am trying to compile a mex file, and I get the following error:
>
> mex -O -I/Users/dparikh/Documents/work/NS1/imrender_v2.3/vgg -Itrw-s/ vgg_trw_bp.cxx trw-s/MRFEnergy.cpp trw-s/minimize.cpp trw-s/ordering.cpp trw-s/treeProbabilities.cpp
> ld: warning: in vgg_trw_bp.o, file is not of required architecture
> ld: warning: in MRFEnergy.o, file is not of required architecture
> ld: warning: in minimize.o, file is not of required architecture
> ld: warning: in ordering.o, file is not of required architecture
> ld: warning: in treeProbabilities.o, file is not of required architecture
> ld: warning: in /Applications/MATLAB_R2008b.app/bin/maci/libmx.dylib, file is not of required architecture
> ld: warning: in /Applications/MATLAB_R2008b.app/bin/maci/libmex.dylib, file is not of required architecture
> ld: warning: in /Applications/MATLAB_R2008b.app/bin/maci/libmat.dylib, file is not of required architecture
> ??? Error using ==> feval
> Invalid MEX-file '/Users/dparikh/Documents/work/NS1/imrender_v2.3/vgg/vgg_trw_bp.mexmaci':
> dlopen(/Users/dparikh/Documents/work/NS1/imrender_v2.3/vgg/vgg_trw_bp.mexmaci, 1): no suitable
> image found.  Did find:
> /Users/dparikh/Documents/work/NS1/imrender_v2.3/vgg/vgg_trw_bp.mexmaci: mach-o, but wrong
>         architecture.
>
> Is this because I have a 32 bit Matlab, and so it is creating .mexmaci (instead of .mexmaci64?) files that are not the right ones for my 64 bit machine? Any help would be really appreciated!
>
> Thanks,
If you go to your mexopts.sh file in your  $HOME/.matlab/ directory,  you have to change the line of SDKROOT='/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.5.sdk' to SDKROOT='/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.6.sdk'  .  That line is not updated during updating mac OSX, so you need to do manually.  Also note, this file exists in 2 places, the standard matlab bin, as will as in the directory i told you, so if you run a -v in your mex command, it will tell you which mexopts.sh file it's looking at.  Hope this information is useful for you!

"Devi Parikh" <deviparikh@gmail.com> wrote in message <h8v0u2$fgb$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> Hi,
>
> I have a 64 bit MacPro running Mac OS 10.6. I am running a 32 bit Matlab. I am trying to compile a mex file, and I get the following error:
>
> mex -O -I/Users/dparikh/Documents/work/NS1/imrender_v2.3/vgg -Itrw-s/ vgg_trw_bp.cxx trw-s/MRFEnergy.cpp trw-s/minimize.cpp trw-s/ordering.cpp trw-s/treeProbabilities.cpp
> ld: warning: in vgg_trw_bp.o, file is not of required architecture
> ld: warning: in MRFEnergy.o, file is not of required architecture
> ld: warning: in minimize.o, file is not of required architecture
> ld: warning: in ordering.o, file is not of required architecture
> ld: warning: in treeProbabilities.o, file is not of required architecture
> ld: warning: in /Applications/MATLAB_R2008b.app/bin/maci/libmx.dylib, file is not of required architecture
> ld: warning: in /Applications/MATLAB_R2008b.app/bin/maci/libmex.dylib, file is not of required architecture
> ld: warning: in /Applications/MATLAB_R2008b.app/bin/maci/libmat.dylib, file is not of required architecture
> ??? Error using ==> feval
> Invalid MEX-file '/Users/dparikh/Documents/work/NS1/imrender_v2.3/vgg/vgg_trw_bp.mexmaci':
> dlopen(/Users/dparikh/Documents/work/NS1/imrender_v2.3/vgg/vgg_trw_bp.mexmaci, 1): no suitable
> image found.  Did find:
> /Users/dparikh/Documents/work/NS1/imrender_v2.3/vgg/vgg_trw_bp.mexmaci: mach-o, but wrong
>         architecture.
>
> Is this because I have a 32 bit Matlab, and so it is creating .mexmaci (instead of .mexmaci64?) files that are not the right ones for my 64 bit machine? Any help would be really appreciated!
>
> Thanks,
Thanks - but I couldn't find "SDKROOT" in my mexopts.sh.

Sam, have you had any luck getting this to work?

"Samuel Rivera" <eldadosuto@yahoo.com> wrote in message <hk6ggh$jnu$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> [...]

> > ld: warning: in /Applications/MATLAB_R2008b.app/bin/maci/libmex.dylib, file is not of required architecture
> > ld: warning: in /Applications/MATLAB_R2008b.app/bin/maci/libmat.dylib, file is not of required architecture
> > ??? Error using ==> feval
> > Invalid MEX-file '/Users/dparikh/Documents/work/NS1/imrender_v2.3/vgg/vgg_trw_bp.mexmaci':
> > dlopen(/Users/dparikh/Documents/work/NS1/imrender_v2.3/vgg/vgg_trw_bp.mexmaci, 1): no suitable
> > image found.  Did find:
> > /Users/dparikh/Documents/work/NS1/imrender_v2.3/vgg/vgg_trw_bp.mexmaci: mach-o, but wrong
> >         architecture.
> >
> > Is this because I have a 32 bit Matlab, and so it is creating .mexmaci (instead of .mexmaci64?) files that are not the right ones for my 64 bit machine? Any help would be really appreciated!

In addition to the CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS, I also added the "-arch i386" to LDFLAGS, and that did the trick for me! I hope it helps you.

"Samuel Rivera" <eldadosuto@yahoo.com> wrote in message <hk57tl$4rh$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> Has this issue been resolved?  I am having the same problem, but -arch
> i386 is already in the maci section, for CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS.  I don't have thing called   SHLLDFLAGS.  Also get 'MACI' when run 'computer'.  Running OSX 10.6 and matlab R2009a 32 bit.
>
> Any help?
>
> -Sam
>
> "Devi Parikh" <deviparikh@gmail.com> wrote in message <h8v0u2$fgb$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a 64 bit MacPro running Mac OS 10.6. I am running a 32 bit Matlab. I am trying to compile a mex file, and I get the following error:
> >
> > mex -O -I/Users/dparikh/Documents/work/NS1/imrender_v2.3/vgg -Itrw-s/ vgg_trw_bp.cxx trw-s/MRFEnergy.cpp trw-s/minimize.cpp trw-s/ordering.cpp trw-s/treeProbabilities.cpp
> > ld: warning: in vgg_trw_bp.o, file is not of required architecture
> > ld: warning: in MRFEnergy.o, file is not of required architecture
> > ld: warning: in minimize.o, file is not of required architecture
> > ld: warning: in ordering.o, file is not of required architecture
> > ld: warning: in treeProbabilities.o, file is not of required architecture
> > ld: warning: in /Applications/MATLAB_R2008b.app/bin/maci/libmx.dylib, file is not of required architecture
> > ld: warning: in /Applications/MATLAB_R2008b.app/bin/maci/libmex.dylib, file is not of required architecture
> > ld: warning: in /Applications/MATLAB_R2008b.app/bin/maci/libmat.dylib, file is not of required architecture
> > ??? Error using ==> feval
> > Invalid MEX-file '/Users/dparikh/Documents/work/NS1/imrender_v2.3/vgg/vgg_trw_bp.mexmaci':
> > dlopen(/Users/dparikh/Documents/work/NS1/imrender_v2.3/vgg/vgg_trw_bp.mexmaci, 1): no suitable
> > image found.  Did find:
> > /Users/dparikh/Documents/work/NS1/imrender_v2.3/vgg/vgg_trw_bp.mexmaci: mach-o, but wrong
> >         architecture.
> >
> > Is this because I have a 32 bit Matlab, and so it is creating .mexmaci (instead of .mexmaci64?) files that are not the right ones for my 64 bit machine? Any help would be really appreciated!
> >
> > Thanks,

[Matlab 2009a / Mac OS 10.6.4 / 64-bit] MEX linking problem; does not find std
I'm running Matlab 2009a in 64-bit mode on Mac OS 10.6.4. I am trying to compile/link a bunch of files, but for some reason, MEX does not appear to link against STD. Below the commands I run and the error I get: ================================== /Applications/MATLAB_R2009b.app/bin/mex -c CC=g++ CXX=g++ LD=g++ ARCH=maci64 CXXFLAGS\#'-O2 -g -I. -fPIC -D__STDC_CONSTANT_MACROS -m64 -o mexClientPopen2.mexmaci64.o' mexClientPopen2.cpp /Applications/MATLAB_R2009b.app/bin/mex -c CC=g++ CXX=g++ LD=g++ ARCH=maci64 CXXFLAGS\#'-O2 -g -I. -fPIC -D__STDC_CONSTANT_MACROS -m64 -o debug.mexmaci64.o' debug.cpp /Applications/MATLAB_R2009b.app/bin/mex -c CC=g++ CXX=g++ LD=g++ ARCH=maci64 CXXFLAGS\#'-O2 -g -I. -fPIC -D__STDC_CONSTANT_MACROS -m64 -o popen2.mexmaci64.o' popen2.cpp /Applications/MATLAB_R2009b.app/bin/mex -cxx CC=g++ CXX=g++ LD=g++ ARCH=maci64 CXXFLAGS\#'-O2 -g -fPIC -m64' mexClientPopen2.mexmaci64.o debug.mexmaci64.o popen2.mexmaci64.o -output echoPopen2.mexmaci64 Undefined symbols: "std::basic_ostream<char, std::char_traits<char> >& std::__ostream_insert<char, std::char_traits<char> >(std::basic_ostream<char, std::char_traits<char> >&, char const*, long)", referenced from: _mexFunction in mexClientPopen2.mexmaci64.o _mexFunction in mexClientPopen2.mexmaci64.o _mexFunction in mexClientPopen2.mexmaci64.o _mexFunction in mexClientPopen2.mexmaci64.o _mexFunction ...

create 32 bit mex files from 64 bit matlab?
platform: osx, intel matlab: 7.9.0.529 (R2009b), 64-bit (maci64), August 12, 2009 I want to create .mexmaci files using mex, but it looks like I have no way to create them using the mex that ships with this version of matlab. Even if I use 'mex -arch maci ', it still only creates '.mexmaci64' files. Is there a simple way around this, or do I have to keep a 32 bit version of matlab around to create the '.mexmaci' files? Regards, Sriram Sriram Swaminarayan wrote, On 10/2/2009 7:49 AM: > platform: osx, intel > matlab: 7.9.0.529 (R2009b), 64-bit (maci64), August 12, 2009 > > I want to create .mexmaci files using mex, but it looks like I have no way to create them using the mex that ships with this version of matlab. > > Even if I use 'mex -arch maci ', it still only creates '.mexmaci64' files. > > Is there a simple way around this, or do I have to keep a 32 bit version of matlab around to create the '.mexmaci' files? The latter. The mex file needs to link against the appropriate 32bit Matlab libraries, which are only available with the 32bit installation. Dan On 2 Okt, 15:49, "Sriram Swaminarayan" <sri...@lanl.gov> wrote: > platform: osx, intel > matlab: 7.9.0.529 (R2009b), 64-bit (maci64), August 12, 2009 > > I want to create .mexmaci files using mex, but it looks like I have no wa= y to create them using the mex that ships with this version of matlab. =A0 > &g...

C++ Mex file crashes matlab on 64bit linux, but not 32 bit windows, but program runs fine outside Matlab
Hello, I have written a mex gateway function to a C++ class. If I compile this mex function on 32Bit windows using R2008a I have no problems. If I compile and run on Matlab R2011a running 64bit Scientific Linux (a version of Red Hat Enterprize Linux) matlab exits with a segfault when the mexfunction is called, although it appears to run about halfway through the program. The C++ class can be compiled and run (with a main function) outside of Matlab on both platforms with no errors. I am using Microsoft Visual C++ Express Edition on the windows machine, and gcc 4.4.5 on the Linux machine. Can anyone suggest what the cause of this might be and how I can I fix it? I am having a hard time debugging on Linux as I do not have access to a graphical debugger for use with matlab and am unfamiliar with gdb. This is compounded by the fact that the program compiles and runs fine when compiled as a standalone program. A zip file containing the code and data files necessary to reproduce the problem can be downloaded from http://www.see.ed.ac.uk/~s0237326/downloads/mexcrash.zip. This zip file contains the .m and .cpp source code, and a text file for testing (Temp.fem). The file fmehsersetup.m shows the commands I am using to compile. The file Test_mexfmesher.m runs the mexfunction with an appropriate input for testing. The mex gateway function is mexfmesher.cpp, it calls the fmesher class which is made up of the files in the fmesher directory. Below is a backtrace from the se...

32-bit Matlab on 64-bit Linux
Hi, I've some mex code(compiled by somebody else on 32-bit machines) but I currently have a 64-bit version of Matlab installed on 64-bit ubuntu. I saw this suggestion from somebody- http://www.mathworks.cn/matlabcentral/newsreader/view_thread/100595 "The fix (since you can't recompile the .mex files) is to run the x86 version of Matlab, which you can install alongside the native x86_64 version. Once you've done that, whenever you need to run your .mexglx files, start Matlab with 'matlab -glnx86'." So I decided to search if this was actually possible and I found two threads from mathworks.com which I personally believe contradict each other with their answers- http://www.mathworks.com/support/solutions/en/data/1-O7POO/ http://www.mathworks.com/support/solutions/en/data/1-1CAT7/ So my question is whether 32-bit matlab can be installed on a 64bit machine ? Thanks On Sep 29, 1:09=A0pm, "Gautam " <gautam.iiith...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > I've some mex code(compiled by somebody else on 32-bit machines) but I cu= rrently have a 64-bit version of Matlab installed on 64-bit ubuntu. > > I saw this suggestion from somebody-http://www.mathworks.cn/matlabcentral= /newsreader/view_thread/100595 > "The fix (since you can't recompile the .mex files) is to run the x86 ver= sion of Matlab, which you can install alongside the native x86_64 version. = Once you've done that, whenever you need to run your .m...

32 bit compiler on Matlab 64 bit
Can you install a 32 bit compiler on 64 bit Matlab? I need to deploy compiled code on a 64 bit machine using 64 bit Matlab to a 32 bit machine. Is there any way I can do this WITHOUT installing 32 bit Matlab on my 64 bit computer? Thanks, Saba "Saba El-Hilo" <selhilo@sfu.ca> wrote in message <j7np4m$mae$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > Can you install a 32 bit compiler on 64 bit Matlab? > I need to deploy compiled code on a 64 bit machine using 64 bit Matlab to a 32 bit machine. Is there any way I can do this WITHOUT installing 32 bit Matlab on my 64 bit computer? The last time I check: No you still can't. Bruno ...

matlab 32 bit operation 64 bit operation caculation precision
Hi I run matlab programme seperately in 32 bit windows xp operation and 64 bit windows 7 operation ,but find that result is difference. The programme uses fmincon function .In 32 bit ,It can get optimization result ,but in 64 bit , a error occures as follows . I trace caculation process ,and find that It is causes by multiplication difference . ??? Error using ==> svd Input to SVD must not contain NaN or Inf. Error in ==> pinv at 29 [U,S,V] = svd(A,0); First ,What's the reason of the difference. I wonder that maybe it is caused by digit lenght in bit 32 and bit 64.But I'm not sure. Second, How can I do to get the same result in bit32 and 64 bit . Do I need to control digit length in bit 64 operation . Thanks Thanks "Feng " <shi01fg@163.com> wrote in message <j4ee4l$smt$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > Hi > > I run matlab programme seperately in 32 bit windows xp operation and 64 bit windows 7 operation ,but find that result is difference. The programme uses fmincon function .In 32 bit ,It can get optimization result ,but in 64 bit , a error occures as follows . I trace caculation process ,and find that It is causes by multiplication > difference . > ??? Error using ==> svd > Input to SVD must not contain NaN or Inf. > > Error in ==> pinv at 29 > [U,S,V] = svd(A,0); > > First ,What's the reason of the difference. I wonder that maybe it is caused by digit lenght i...

Can ActiveX server on 64-bit MATLAB open a 32-bit app?
Hello, Does anybody know if the ActiveX server of 64-bit MATLAB can open a 32-bit application running on a 64-bit Windows 7? It looks like I lost this capability after upgrading to 64-bit machine... Thank you! Did you find the solution? As per http://www.mathworks.com/products/matlab/preparing-for-64-bit-windows.html it cannot. Phil. ...

How do I run MATLAB R2009b for Mac at 32-bit mode?
Hi, I recently installed R2009b for Mac. I installed both 'intel' and 'intel 64' architectures. Though most toolboxes I used worked well in 64-bit mode, some toolboxes only run in 32-bit mode. How do I startup R2009b in 32-bit mode? Thanks! Hi, You would do the same thing you would do for any Universal Binary application that supports running as either 32-bit or 64-bit: use the checkbox in the Finder Get Info window. In the Finder: - select the MATLAB_R2009b application icon in the Applications folder, - use Get Info (Command-I) to open its Info window - check the "Open in 32-bit mode" checkbox - restart MATLAB In Terminal or X11 xterm, add -maci to the command line: matlab -maci - Brian Li Feng wrote: > Hi, > > I recently installed R2009b for Mac. I installed both 'intel' and 'intel 64' architectures. > Though most toolboxes I used worked well in 64-bit mode, some toolboxes only run in 32-bit mode. How do I startup R2009b in 32-bit mode? > > Thanks! Hi, I tried: > In the Finder: > > - select the MATLAB_R2009b application icon in the Applications folder, > - use Get Info (Command-I) to open its Info window > - check the "Open in 32-bit mode" checkbox > - restart MATLAB but I get an error message: Missing required architecture. The directory '/Applications/MATLAB_R2009b.app/bin/maci' is missing. Please re-install MATLAB. I checked in /Applic...

Mex yprime.c compile failed matlab r2010a mac os x 10.6.6 xcode 4 gcc v4.2.1
Dear all, I am new to this topic. I just wanted to follow the steps to build a mex file from my mac. I am using a matlab r2010a on a mac with os x 10.6.6. I have the xcode4 installed. After typed in mex -setup in the matlab prompt, the output are as follows, Options files control which compiler to use, the compiler and link command options, and the runtime libraries to link against. Using the 'mex -setup' command selects an options file that is placed in ~/.matlab/R2010a and used by default for 'mex'. An options file in the current working directory or specified on the command line overrides the default options file in ~/.matlab/R2010a. To override the default options file, use the 'mex -f' command (see 'mex -help' for more information). The options files available for mex are: 1: /Applications/MATLAB_R2010a.app/bin/gccopts.sh : Template Options file for building gcc MEX-files 2: /Applications/MATLAB_R2010a.app/bin/mexopts.sh : Template Options file for building MEX-files via the system ANSI compiler 0: Exit with no changes Enter the number of the compiler (0-2): 2 Overwrite /Users/neilhan0210/.matlab/R2010a/mexopts.sh ([y]/n)? y /Applications/MATLAB_R2010a.app/bin/mexopts.sh is being copied to /Users/neilhan0210/.matlab/R2010a/mexopts.sh ************************************************************************** Warning: The MATLAB C and Fortran API has changed to support ...

Installation dependencies for 32-bit matlab 2010a student on 64-bit Fedora 14
While installing the 32-bit version of the Matlab 2010a Student Edition on a new 64-bit Fedora 14 machine, you may see messages such as the following: /tmp/mathworks_downloads/R2010a_Student_Version/unix/update/install/main.sh: /tmp/mathworks_downloads/R2010a_Student_Version/unix/update/bin/glnx86/xsetup: /lib/ld-linux.so.2: bad ELF interpreter: No such file or directory or /tmp/mathworks_downloads/R2010a_Student_Version/unix/update/bin/glnx86/xsetup: error while loading shared libraries: libXmu.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory or /tmp/mathworks_downloads/R2010a_Student_Version/unix/update/bin/glnx86/xsetup: error while loading shared libraries: libz.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory or Could not find JRE for glnxa64. Trying glnx86. The following is a list of things you need to do in order to prepare your Fedora 14 system for installation of 32-bit matlab 2010a student edition: * Before installation, set SElinux security permissions on the installation binaries: chcon -t execmem_exec_t '/tmp/mathworks_downloads/R2010a_Student_Version/unix/update/bin/glnx86/xsetup' .... you may have to modify the above path to point to the location of the install binaries. * Before installation, use 'yum' to install the following 32-bit libraries: glibc.i686 glibc-common.i686 libXmu.i686 zlib.i686 java-1.6.0-openjdk.i686 ** Before running the desktop, use 'yum' to install the following 32-bi...

questions about MEX in Matlab R2009a, 64 bit, Solaris 10
How to solve following problem?? It seems that the link step went wrong. What should I do. Any suggestion is welcome and thank you very much for your time. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- >> mex yprime.c Warning: You are using gcc version "4.4.5". The earliest gcc version supported with mex is "4.1.2". The latest version tested for use with mex is "4.1.2". To download a different version of gcc, visit http://gcc.gnu.org /compsoft/matlab/extern/lib/sol64/mexFunction.map: file not recognized: File format not recognized collect2: ld returned 1 exit status mex: link of ' "yprime.mexs64"' failed. ??? Error using ==> mex at 218 Unable to complete successfully. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ...

Windows 7 64-bit, Matlab 2011a 64 bit and NI-PCI6534
I am using a win7 64 machine and have Matlab 2011a 64 bit (with all toolboxes) installed. I have a National Instruments PCI digital I/O card that I'm looking to mess with (I have 9.3 version of NI-DAQmx installed). The problem is I can't seem to figure out how to talk to this card. Can someone point me in the right direction to get started? Thanks, Jason ...

A general problem in 64-bit Matlab with establishing connections to 64-bit ODBC databases
I have tried to connect to MS Access database (Windows 7, Matlab 2011 both 64 bits) but I got the same error as for a SQL server connection: conn =3D database('DRIVER=3D{Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb, *.accdb)};DBQ=3DC:\Program Files\MATLAB\R2011a\toolbox\database\dbdemos \tutorial.mdb', '', '') conn =3D Instance: 'DRIVER=3D{Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb, *.accdb)};DBQ=3DC:\Program Files\MATLAB\R2011a\toolbox\database\dbdemos \tutorial.mdb' UserName: '' Driver: [] URL: [] Constructor: [1x1 com.mathworks.toolbox.database.databaseConnect] Message: '[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Invalid string or buffer length Please verify that login information and database url are valid.' Handle: 0 TimeOut: [] AutoCommit: 'off' Type: 'Database Object' For MS SQL server 2008 I managed to get around with jdbc driver provided by Microsoft but I cannot find anything similar for MS Access. I have spent today half day looking for such driver on MS web site but without much success. Does anyone know if such driver is available? I guess any jdbc =96 odbc bridge for 64-bit systems would be good too. Kirill ...

running 64 bits apps on 32 bits hardware
Is it possible at all on AIX 4.3.3 if I install the bos.64bit extension? What if I upgrade to AIX 5 without changing the hardware? "Jacques-Henri" <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:<bpt44t$rnk$1@s1.read.news.oleane.net>... > Is it possible at all on AIX 4.3.3 if I install the bos.64bit extension? > What if I upgrade to AIX 5 without changing the hardware? If you enable bos.64bit, you should not have a problem. Jacques-Henri wrote: > Is it possible at all on AIX 4.3.3 if I install the bos.64bit extension? > What if I upgrade to AIX 5 without changing the hardware? > Nope. You must have a 64-bit CPU to run 64-bit code. AIX version doesn't matter. -- Jason ...

Cannot run a 64 bit program on a 32 bit processor
Can you specify how to configure oracle 9i in 32 bit mode. Also give steps to set up Tuxedo & AIX in 32 bit mode and any other tips that may help in the setup? there is a version for AIX 4.3.3 which is 32-bit ... and really, Oracle doesn't care what kernel mode are you running as long as 64-bit extention is loaded... Harish, For Oracle 9i and your questions about setting up AIX in 32-bit mode, you may find this note from Oracle's support website useful. It tells you how to set up for 64-bit support, but you can also follow some of it to do the opposite and use it in 32-bit mode. As for Tuxedo, I only did the install once, but don't remember it asking me to install a 32-bit vs 64-bit version. I guess either you have to buy the right version, it installs the right one depending on the system, or it can operate on either setup. I know my TUXCONFIG does not have a value that has to be set to 64 or 32, but then again we are still on Tux 6.5. ========================= Excerpt from metalink.oracle.com ========================= Oracle9i - AIX5L Installation Tips ---------------------------------- 1. Install AIX v5.2 at ML01 [or later] and PTFs for HIPER (High-Impact, PERvasive) APARs. If the customer is not ready to use AIX v5.2 and must stay on AIX v5.1, install AIX v5.1 at ML03 [or later]. To get a list of HIPER APARs, please visit: https://techsupport.services.ibm.com/server/aix.CAPARdb . Enter Yes in the box at the top of the window . ...

Where is Matlab executable for 32 and 64 bit?
Basic question here: I downloaded R2011b in both the 64 and 32 bit versions (need 32 bit for opendap and OrcaFlex). I want to run the 32- bit version as part of a Windows scheduled task, so I need the full path name to the Matlab executable. Is the following correct: C:\Program Files\MATLAB\R2011b\bin\matlab.exe - This is the 32- bit version C:\Program Files (x86)\MATLAB\R2011b\bin - This is the 64-bit version ke <kateedwards11@hotmail.com> wrote in message <dcc968f6-95eb-4fdf-8932-8a16ecdf34c9@d4g2000yqk.googlegroups.com>... > Basic question here: I downloaded R2011b in both the 64 and 32 bit > versions (need 32 bit for opendap and OrcaFlex). I want to run the 32- > bit version as part of a Windows scheduled task, so I need the full > path name to the Matlab executable. Is the following correct: > C:\Program Files\MATLAB\R2011b\bin\matlab.exe - This is the 32- > bit version > C:\Program Files (x86)\MATLAB\R2011b\bin - This is the 64-bit > version You have it backwards. x86 is 32bit. ...

Going from 32 bit Fortran mex to 64 bit.....(OSX)
Hi All, After very much difficulty, and manual editing of the mexopts.sh, and all that stuff provided by very kind people on this forum, finally, I have a mex file that I have been using for years on 32 bit systems, compiling in 64 bit on Mac OSX (R2010bsp1), using gfortran. Now, the trouble is, as soon as I try to run that mex file, Matlab doesn't give me a segmentation fault, or complain gracefully as I'm used to with these kinds of things, it just crashes and disappears completely. I'm a matlab programmer though, guys, not a fortran one. So I'm hoping that if I post my mex up here, someone might be able to put me out of my misery, and point me in the direction of where I'm going wrong?? I just know its a variable type problem somewhere, but really don't know where to start..... I mean, what about all those real*8?? Is that right??? Please..... please....PLEASE... help. Cheers, Arwel p.s. And I know this code is old and does lots of wrong things, like defining pi, and using reals for loop counters, and different characters to represent comments, and that kind of stuff. But it is old, which is why there are a couple of probably unecessary subroutines at the end which are ALL CAPS. But really, it works in 32 and I just want it to work in 64.... C======================================================================= C Abeles Calculation for Matlab C C out = abeles(xdata,sld,nbair,nbsub,ssub,repeats,s_between_repeats,resol) C C==========...

matlab 32 and 64 bit parallel install
Hello, is it save to install the 32bit and 64bit Matlab 2009b parallel on Windows (Vista) 64 bit? Any recommendations? The problem behind: Some of the toolboxes are only on ML 32bit available. Most of my simulations run on 64 bit, but some other models require the toolboxes shipped only with the 32bit version. Thanks Olaf Olaf <noreplay@inder.net> wrote in message <hbs9b8$auf$1@fuerst.cs.uni-magdeburg.de>... > Hello, > > is it save to install the 32bit and 64bit Matlab 2009b parallel on > Windows (Vista) 64 bit? Any recommendations? The problem behind: Some of > the toolboxes are only on ML 32bit available. Most of my simulations run > on 64 bit, but some other models require the toolboxes shipped only with > the 32bit version. I have installed both and they run smoothly. Bruno "Bruno Luong" <b.luong@fogale.findmycountry> wrote in message <hbsaik$2bb$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > Olaf <noreplay@inder.net> wrote in message <hbs9b8$auf$1@fuerst.cs.uni-magdeburg.de>... > > Hello, > > > > is it save to install the 32bit and 64bit Matlab 2009b parallel on > > Windows (Vista) 64 bit? Any recommendations? The problem behind: Some of > > the toolboxes are only on ML 32bit available. Most of my simulations run > > on 64 bit, but some other models require the toolboxes shipped only with > > the 32bit version. > > I have installed both and they run smoothly. > ...

MEX in Matlab R2009a, 64 bit, Solaris
How to solve following problem? Any suggestion is welcome and thank you very much for your time! --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- >> mex yprime.c Warning: You are using gcc version "4.4.5". The earliest gcc version supported with mex is "4.1.2". The latest version tested for use with mex is "4.1.2". To download a different version of gcc, visit http://gcc.gnu.org /compsoft/matlab/extern/lib/sol64/mexFunction.map: file not recognized: File format not recognized collect2: ld returned 1 exit status mex: link of ' "yprime.mexs64"' failed. ??? Error using ==> mex at 218 Unable to complete successfully. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ...

loadlibrary error matlab 2012a 64 bit
My code uses loadlibrary function, it works fine in matlab 2011b 32 bit version with lcc32 compiler. But the same code with matlab 2012a 64 bit (my computer is 64 bit), I did mex set up to use microsoft SDK 7.1, is giving this error: Error using loadlibrary (line 419) Failed to preprocess the input file. Output from preprocessor is:cc_convert.h H:\MATLAB\Corpscon LAS\cc_convert.h(1) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'dir.h': No such file or directory I am having a similar error. Has anyone got a solution to this problem?...

64-bit with 32-bit
This may be off topic I have Access 2010 32-bit installed on a Windows 7 64-bit computer. I am writing a dot net add-on for SolidWorks EPDM that will get data from a MDB. It requires the 64-bit "Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0 driver which is available from the download site. The installer requires that all Office 32-bit applications be uninstalled before installing the 64-bit driver. Will I be able to re-install the 32-bit version of Access? If so will the 2 version behave? ...

32-bit or 64-bit
hi, i have two questions: 1) how do i know my processor is 32-bit or 64-bit? 2) Which version of aix (32-bit or 64-bit) running on my system? is there a command equalent of isainfo on solaris? Thanking you, regards, kiran hi, KIRAN MN wrote: > hi, > > i have two questions: > > 1) how do i know my processor is 32-bit or 64-bit? lsconf bootinfo -y (not sure about is this is proc or kernel) lsattr -El proc0 > 2) Which version of aix (32-bit or 64-bit) running on my system? ls -la / unix -> /usr/lib/boot/unix_64 --> means 64 Bit-Kernel > > is there a command equalent of isainfo on solaris? > > Thanking you, > regards, > kiran regards Volker man bootinfo "KIRAN MN" <kiranmn@my-deja.com> schreef in bericht news:439b2f2e.0310130720.3259b751@posting.google.com... > hi, > > i have two questions: > > 1) how do i know my processor is 32-bit or 64-bit? > > 2) Which version of aix (32-bit or 64-bit) running on my system? > > is there a command equalent of isainfo on solaris? > > Thanking you, > regards, > kiran You should use: 1. bootinfo -y for architecture 2. bootinfo -K for enabled kernel "KIRAN MN" <kiranmn@my-deja.com> wrote in message news:439b2f2e.0310130720.3259b751@posting.google.com... > hi, > > i have two questions: > > 1) how do i know my processor is 32-bit or 64-bit? > > 2) Which version of aix (32-bit or...

Geodetic functions library GeoDLL 32 Bit and 64 Bit #2 #6
Hi developers, who develops programs with geodetic functionality like world-wide coordinat= e transformations or distance calculations, can use geodetic functions of m= y GeoDLL. The Dynamic Link Library can easily be used with most of the mode= rn programming languages like C, C++, C#, Basic, Delphi, Pascal, Java, Fort= ran, Visual-Objects and others to add geodetic functionality to own applica= tions. For many programming languages =E2=80=8Bappropriate Interfaces are a= vailable. GeoDLL supports 2D and 3D coordinate transformation, geodetic datum shift a= nd reference system convertion with Helmert, Molodenski and NTv2 (e.g. BeTA= 2007, AT_GIS_GRID, CHENYX06), meridian strip changing, user defined coordin= ate and reference systems, distance calculation, Digital Elevation Model, I= NSPIRE support, Direct / Inverse Solutions and a lot of other geodetic func= tions.=20 The DLL is very fast, save and compact because of forceful development in C= ++ with Microsoft Visual Studio 2010. The geodetic functions of the current= version 12.35 are available in 32bit and 64bit architecture. All functions= are prepared for multithreading and server operating. You find a free downloadable test version on http://www.killetsoft.de/p_gdl= b_e.htm Notes about the NTv2 support can be found here: http://www.killetsoft.de/p_= gdln_e.htm Report on the quality of the coordinate transformations: http://www.killets= oft.de/t_1005_e.htm=20 Fred Email: info_at_kill...

dll running in macOS
Hi! I have a function that calls a dll file. If I run it in Matlab 2009b (32 bit), on Windows 7, it works fine. However, I now hwould like to run it on MacOS X, in Matlab version 2011b and it doen't work, since it's 64 bit. Is there a way to solve this? Thank you! Ivania "Ivania Pereira" <ivaniapereira@gmail.com> wrote in message <jka06c$7s5$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > Hi! > I have a function that calls a dll file. If I run it in Matlab 2009b (32 bit), on Windows 7, it works fine. However, I now hwould like to run it on MacOS X, in Matlab version 2011b and it doen't work, since it's 64 bit. Is there a way to solve this? Nope, dll and mex file are platform dependent (dll is windows specific). You need to get hold on the library file compiled for your MaxOS. Bruno ...

Web resources about - mex error on 64-bit Mac OS 10.6 (running 32 bit Matlab) - comp.soft-sys.matlab

Running - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the type of locomotion in humans. For running in horses, see Horse gait . For locomotion in dogs, see Gait (dog) . For ...

Apple is running out of reasons to not upgrade the iPhone’s display to AMOLED
... and better power efficiency compared to LCD, but they're almost more expensive to mass produce. That said, it looks like Apple is now running ...

TIME IS RUNNING OUT: Obama's Final Solution for Israel
... to impose those same terms on the Jewish State. Netanyahu has tried to run out the clock on Obama. Now that the clock is actually running out, ...

Sanders Second-Half Comeback Plans Running Into Tougher Primary Calendar
Big-state primaries next on the calendar have been the Vermont senator's weakest link.

Sanders' second-half comeback plans running into tougher primary calendar
After routing Hillary Clinton in three western-state Democratic caucuses, Bernie Sanders still faces daunting delegate math and a road ahead ...

PHOTO GALLERY: Stars live monkishly at Kenyan running camp
KAPTAGAT, Kenya (AP) — The hand-written roster — misspelled "rosta" — tells the runners when it's their turn for communal chores. Stephen Kiprotich's ...

Kids off and running for Easter eggs in Camas
CAMAS Children scrambled across the grass Sunday afternoon at Crown Park, swooping up plastic Easter eggs. Parents and grandparents stood on ...

MSNBC Guest: There’s A ‘Higher Bar’ To Prosecute Hillary Because She’s ‘Running For President’
MSNBC Guest: There’s A ‘Higher Bar’ To Prosecute Hillary Because She’s ‘Running For President’

Kasich isn't running to win primaries, he's running to win a contested convention
John Kasich is in it to win it—where the “it” he hopes to win is a contested Republican convention, because it is mathematically impossible for ...

Here Are The New Running Shoes Adidas Desperately Tried To Prevent You From Seeing
This morning, a warm and sunny day in Chicago, somebody at the Chicago Tribune noticed a commercial being filmed in the middle of the very busy ...