MNRFIT Error "Undefined function or method 'mnrfit' for input arguments of type 'double'"

My data looks like this:
Y=[4;4;5;13.....];  (n by 1)
X=  1.3   6.9
       2.0   3.2
      4.2    6.9048
 .....    (n by 2)

when i used: [B,dev,stats]=mnrfit(x,y,'interactions','off');
The error message appeared : ??? Undefined function or method 'mnrfit' for input arguments of type 'double'.

What caused that problem? Also, shall I convert the y into a format of 1,2,3,4,...k, rather than the code number originally assigned for each choice (starting from 4, to 500+. with irregular numbering)

Thanks!
0
Yiyi
5/21/2010 5:22:06 PM
comp.soft-sys.matlab 210010 articles. 11 followers. lunamoonmoon (258) is leader. Post Follow

"Yiyi Wang" <yiyiwang@mail.utexas.edu> wrote in message
> My data looks like this:
> Y=[4;4;5;13.....];  (n by 1)
> X=  1.3   6.9
>       2.0   3.2
>      4.2    6.9048
> .....    (n by 2)
> when i used: [B,dev,stats]=mnrfit(x,y,'interactions','off');
> The error message appeared : ??? Undefined function or method 'mnrfit' for
> input arguments of type 'double'.

MNRFIT is a function from Statistics Toolbox.  Check the output of the VER
function to see if this toolbox is listed; if not, you will not be able to
use this function unless you install that toolbox (or create an MNRFIT
function on your own.)

--
Steve Lord
slord@mathworks.com