Modeling Optical OFDM

HI..
I want to model (Transmitter , channel and receiver)  of optical OFDM in Matlab , can any body help me
Does matlab have features (support) to model Transmitter , channel and receiver of optical OFDM.

Waiting for your reply.
0
Muhammad
4/22/2010 4:53:05 PM
comp.soft-sys.matlab 206976 articles. 0 followers. lunamoonmoon (258) is leader. Post Follow

Re: Question on modeling data?
unplugged@GMAIL.COM wrote: >Hello all, > >I am trying to construct a model that regresses company revenue (by >product line) to direct mail volume and some other independent >variables over time such as online ad spending. I want to show what >effect that changes in different mail volume and ad spending would >have in product line revenue. There are 6 product lines and 7 years >data(2000-2006), so the dataset has 42 observations. But since the >independent variables vary over the year but don't vary from product >line to product line, it's not quite a TSCS...

Model Revisions
First of all, I want to take this opportunity to thank all the people that take the time to answer all the questions, the good and the bad ones. How do you keep track of the latest revision levels in the model? When I go to Info>Relationships & Parameters, I see ProI_revision="A", but how do I change the rev level to B or higher. I tried: Tools>Parameters>Modifiy, but ProI_revision is not listed to make the change. In the drawing, I change the rev letter in the title block going thru the Properties, but I don't think this the correct way of doing...

US-TX-Austin: Database Architect/Admin, Data Modeling, SQL, UMS, Model 204; 1Y (45284957638)
US-TX-Austin: Database Architect/Admin, Data Modeling, SQL, UMS, Model 204; 1Y (45284957638) ============================================================================================ Position: Database Architect/Admin Reference: SMC01140 Location: Austin TX Duration: 1Y Skills: Experience designing and developing enterprise-wide database systems. Skilled in the use of queries and analysis tools to interface with legacy data in support of both internal and external customers. BS in Compu...

help with coding model
Greeting. If someone out there can send back a couple of lines of matlab code so I can run this model that would be cool. The model: dN_i/dt = r*N_i - Sum(over j)*Beta_i-j*N_i*B_ j + (mu*Q/2)*(N_i+1 + N_i-1) - mu*N_i dB_i/dt = Sum(over j)*alpha_i-j*N_ j*B_i So the model is a 2D ODE Variables: Pathogen of type i = N_i(t) B-cell of type i = B_i(t) In my notation, N_i = density of pathogen of type i, B_i = " " B-cell All I need is the first lines of code that define the above model. ...

US-TX-Austin: SR. RF System Eng., WPAN chipsets, OFDM/802.11 standards; Perm (45336914403)
US-TX-Austin: SR. RF System Eng., WPAN chipsets, OFDM/802.11 standards; Perm (45336914403) ========================================================================================== Position: SR. RF System Eng. Reference: SMC01848 Location: Austin TX Duration: Perm Skills: BSEE and 7 yrs of architecture and system engineering experience in Wireless Personal Area Network (WPAN) chip sets and integrated RF communications design employing OFDM and 802.11 standards, and Matlab, Simulink, and Agilent ADS. 4+yrs exp in RF...

dynamic simulation model of the vector controlled PM brushless AC drive
1. how to get the block diagram for u<umax ? which block i need to insert? 2. anyone can teach me how to design this model? ...

My Model: make your own model and use fit
Hey All, I some data which I am fitting. It is not important what model we use so if you have a good suggestion feel free to let me know. My goal is to repoduce the ripples in my data at high frequency and force it through a point at zero frequency- so I am not sure I can use polyfit(but I am sure I am wrong about that). I saw some algorithms on here to do it. But I think you could just do it using fit? Here is how I thought to do it- ------------------------------------------------------------- opts = fitoptions('Method','LinearLeastSquares','Robust','on',...

Loop Filter Modelling
Hallo, I am relatively new to RF electronics,I need some support fo modelling my blocks in PLL.The block we have problem is third orde LoopFilter (L.F). Here we go ---> The Transfer Function (T.F) for L.F -> (ds+1)/s(as**2+bs+c) we deduced the above T.F -> k1/s + k2/(s-r1)+k3(s-r2) where r1 and r2 are the roots of the quadratic equation in T.F & a,b,c, are constants. And I reduced it to time domain as k1+k2*e(pow(-r1*t))+k3*e(pow(-r2*t)). and finally Vo across the output cap is -> Vo = [k1+k2*e(pow(-r1*t))+k3*e(pow(-r2*t))]* Current_In Current_In is the current flowing into...

TRS-80 Model II Emulator? / 200,000 Model I's?
HAS ANYONE CREATED A TRS-80 MODEL II EMULATOR? Since the model 4 is emulated with CP/M supported and since the Model II was sold in smaller numbers (niche machine) is there any benefit for doing a Model II emulator? At one time I think portions of source code for Kim Watt's Model 2/16 DOSPLUS II OS were on Ira's site. Business people might be less nostalgic in wanting to review 8" diskettes of a 1982 inventory and docs describing the sale of 100 widgets. Nonetheless, if anyone out there has the talent and interest in doing a M2/16 emulator I'd love to hear abou...

xilinx spice models
I' ve registered my account into xilinx form for downloading the spice models for rocket io etc etc that xilix give on the site. However these models are encrypted. How can i use them if they are encrypted. What else i need for using them? Can i use them in a spice3f5 or LTspice or Orcad environment? Thanks Kubik, They may only be used in an hspice environment. Depending on the device, there are also nspice encrypted format models available, as well as Mentor's spice format. The only model that is worth anything at all for MGTs is a spice model, and since we (and others) do n...

iSeries model 810 & OS/400 V5R1
Is it possible to use OS/400 V5R1 on an iSeries model 810? Thanks for any reply, Jeroen Wernsen Yes model 810 is a risc model and fairly new I might add. Good Luck Bill (All else fails READ THE INSTRUCTIONS) "Jep" <hazhazhazhazhaz@spam@is@niet@leuk@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:3f8c1b7f$0$428$1b62eedf@news.wanadoo.nl... > Is it possible to use OS/400 V5R1 on an iSeries model 810? > > Thanks for any reply, > > Jeroen Wernsen > > You need V5R2 for an 810. read APAR II13365 http://www.as400service.ibm.com "Bill" <bwragg@<nospam...

ARMA MODEL
Hi, friends: Now I need to estimate function with several unknown cofficients. Probably, I have to use ARMA MODEL. Do you know matlab offers this function or not? Thank you very much! Best regards, yang hong wrote: > Hi, friends: > > Now I need to estimate function with several unknown cofficients. > Probably, I have to use ARMA MODEL. Do you know matlab offers this > function or not? Take a look at the GARCH Toolbox. The GARCH Overview on this page contains an example of how to use the toolbox to do this. http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/...

PROC MODEL Question
Hi. Ready to channel your inner PROC MODEL guru? I am trying to build a model very much like the one described in the online documentation (http://support.sas.com/onlinedoc/913/docMainpage.jsp) PROC MODEL Example 20.2 "A Consumer Demand Model" and I have some questions I was hoping someone here could answer. Shares of three goods add up to one for every individual. The model is being built to predict the shares based on the prices of the three goods. So, the procedure is to model two of the shares explicitly with a seemingly unrelated regressions model as follows: title1 ...

Re: finite mixture model for SAS #6
Wensui you can try both mclust and mixtools in R as pre compiled macros/packages to make a single line code for making mix models in R The single line command would be mlcustbic(parameters...) I am not sure which SAS / license or Macro can make mix models its funny I was working on mix models but using parallel processing on Open MPI this morning for a project on a 1500 cluster. SAS pricing for multiple clusters is too high even for academics ( >100,000). Thats one reason the nearby Oakridge Lab with 100,000 processors or even UTenn's Kraken cant use SAS for HPC even for academic ...

Model Evaluation
Hi, all; I'm in the process of trying to verify how good model output is in relation actual observed data. In an effort to do this, I'm attempting to calculate the Root Mean Squared Error as follows: RMSE_Manual=sqrt((1/numel(act))*sum(obs-act).^2) First of all - does this make sense? I just want to confirm that my syntax is appropriate. Second - is there a built-in function to do this? I know that using regstats the mean squared error can be found... would it be the same to simply find the square root of this value for the RMSE? Thanks; Lindsay I should add that when I square t...

[rfc-dist] RFC 5591 on Transport Security Model for the Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP)
A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries. RFC 5591 Title: Transport Security Model for the Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) Author: D. Harrington, W. Hardaker Status: Standards Track Date: June 2009 Mailbox: ietfdbh@comcast.net, ietf@hardakers.net Pages: 28 Characters: 61747 Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso: None I-D Tag: draft-ietf-isms-transport-security-model-14.txt URL...

simulink model and processor model integration
hi, i am trying to work on a combined model of different automotive components whose models are freely available in matlab simulink. with this system, i would like to add a processor model, where i would like to write a code (i assume it typically to be a simulator of that processor). is this interfacing of simulink models with a processor model possible? Duplicate but the answer's the same: http://www.mathworks.ch/matlabcentral/fileexchange/19702-cpu-behavioral-modeling-using-embedded-matlab-demo Thanks, Saurabh ...

Interpolating 3D surface models
Hi, I'm trying to find a way to resample surface models to a higher (or even, in principle, a lower) density of points. I have mesh models of, say, cars. These are described by a list of x,y,z points. I also have triangular facet data allowing the model to be described as a mesh, which may or may not be useful for the present purposes. Other information, such as textures, materials, semantic etc is discarded - it's merely the surface shape that is of interest to me. I want to resample the surface, generally so that I have a higher density of points describing it. I tried the meshgri...

Verification of SImulink model #3
Hi there, I'm looking for a simple method to verify a given Simulink model in terms of availability of parameters. The problem is as follows: I'm given any Simulink model that contains some parameters from the Workspace. As the model is not created by myself I have to check whether all parameters are already in the workspace. As this process should be automated I'm looking for a tool that fulfills these requirements. Maybe there exists the ability to something like an error vector from Simulink when starting the simulation by 'run...'. This vector s...

garchset() modeling thick tailed data
1 - I'm trying to model thick tailed data using garchfit(). In garchset() I tell it to use the t distribution. However when I run the qqplot on the Innovations (residuals) after I do so, the qqplot again indicates that my data is thick tailed!? Shouldn't that have been picked off in the model? Compare the qqplots for the model that is gaussian, and the model that is t distributed. They come out pretty much the same. 2 - Also, can I tell garchset() to use a specified degrees of freedom for the t distribution? How does it by default choose the DoF? 3 - I'm new to Matlab, so ple...

How to predict value using the model reg procedure
Hi, all I am using the reg procedure to build multiple linear regression model for a dataset. Now I dont know how to use the result model of reg to predict value. Does anyone know? Thanks a lot! Minze slhappyls@GMAIL.COM wrote: >Hi, all > >I am using the reg procedure to build multiple linear regression model for >a dataset. Now I dont know how to use the result model of reg to predict >value. Does anyone know? Thanks a lot! > >Minze Do you mean that your data are a time series and you want to predict into the future? If so, you are using the wrong proc. You need PRO...

Shaky monitor on Model III
Ok, the ol' M3 works great. Except the shaky display on the monitor. Not there all the time, but often. Test is still easy to read, but it's annoying as hell when it's jumping around about a quarter inch! Doesn't seem to be a vibrational thing, maybe power related? Haunted? Ideas, advice welcome. -jim "jim" <jimbo304ZZZ@comcast.net> wrote in message news:p6udnbEp7ubr2SvcRVn-3A@comcast.com... > Ok, the ol' M3 works great. Except the shaky display on the monitor. Not > there all the time, but often. Test is still easy to read, but it'...

Modelling question
Hello all, I need to write a small java-application. I have to build the user-interface out of Swing-components (for most users) and out of Awt-components (for users who can't use Swing). How can i model/do this? Requirements: - The user-interface is an instance of a direct subclass of java.awt.Frame - I wanna use the following awt-components: Label, List, TextArea, TextField - I wanna use the following swing-components: JLabel, JList, JTextArea, JTextField Thanks for your advice, Luc I'm not really sure I understand what you mean by "model" in your question. If it wa...

Conceptual modeling like in the book
Hi list! I've just finished reading the nice book: "Data Modeling and Relational Database Design Volume 1 - Student Guide", by Jan Speelpenning, Patrice Daux and Jeff Gallus, published by Oracle University. I really like the way they do their drawings for their conceptual models (see below for the features of Oracle's book's conceptual models). In fact, it's a notation that could apply to any RDBMS and that'S what I'd like to do. But I searched, and searched, and searched but found no software doing exactly it. I found many variations of it but not ...

[OT] 3D models
Take a look to this link, for those who are interested to 3d models: http://tinyurl.com/655h4 Thank u. ...