Moving object detection with a moving camera

Hi everyone,

I need some help with my university project. It’s about dynamic object detection with a moving camera. I've installed a camera to a potentiometer. My inputs are thus the angular velocity of the camera and the accompanying picture.
My idea was with the Computer Vision Toolbox "optical flow" to determine the speed and compare it with my camera speed, so to find out what objects have different speed as the camera itself. The results should be the dynamic objects.
My question is what kind of speed (unit) is from the optical flow? I cannot find anything in the Mathwork help. My camera speed I get in pixels per sample time.

This approach is feasible at all or completely in wrong direction?
Can anyone help me or give a hint on how I can filter out moving objects from a NOT stationary image? So please no hint for background estimation as they were in the Matlab demos.
The perfect solution would be a black screen and only visible faster/slower moving objects as the camera speed.

Thanks a lot
Bastian
0
brichter (1)

"Bastian" wrote in message <j2uatk$sfs$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> Hi everyone,
>
> I need some help with my university project. It’s about dynamic object detection with a moving camera. I've installed a camera to a potentiometer. My inputs are thus the angular velocity of the camera and the accompanying picture.
> My idea was with the Computer Vision Toolbox "optical flow" to determine the speed and compare it with my camera speed, so to find out what objects have different speed as the camera itself. The results should be the dynamic objects.
> My question is what kind of speed (unit) is from the optical flow? I cannot find anything in the Mathwork help. My camera speed I get in pixels per sample time.
>
> This approach is feasible at all or completely in wrong direction?
> Can anyone help me or give a hint on how I can filter out moving objects from a NOT stationary image? So please no hint for background estimation as they were in the Matlab demos.
> The perfect solution would be a black screen and only visible faster/slower moving objects as the camera speed.
>
> Thanks a lot
> Bastian
Bastian
I would imagine the units are pixels - how could they be anything else (unless you passed in a spatial calibration factor)?

Why don't you want any kind of a background estimate?  I think that would be more straightforward than optical flow.

Or maybe try better models like Gaussian Mixture models or this:
http://www.mee.tcd.ie/~sigmedia/Research/RigRemoval
ImageAnalyst
0
imageanalyst (7621)

how to detect the moving object
Sir am doing a project on image processing .The project is about estimating the speed of moving vehicles(car,truck,bike,van) using traffic cameras in road we can find many objects and human beings moving i don't know how to track only the moving vehicles like car,trucks etc without considering the other moving objects in roads can u pls help me out by suggesting the algorithm and coding.....thanks in advance sir ...

Moving sys.aud$
Hello, I have inherited the maintenance of an Oracle 8.17 system with Auditing enabled. I have found that the sys.aud$ table is in the SYSTEM Tablespace and have been given a directive to move it out of SYSTEM. I am thinking that I should move the sys.aud$ table to a dedicated tablespace. 1. How can I move this table to another Tablespace. 2. Are there any special concerns in moving this table and\or auditing mechinisms? Thanks for your advice, Cal "Michael" <melliott42@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:91721cf.0407061727.19c3a2b4@posting.google.com... > Hello, > > I have inherited the maintenance of an Oracle 8.17 system with > Auditing enabled. I have found that the sys.aud$ table is in the > SYSTEM Tablespace and have been given a directive to move it out of > SYSTEM. I am thinking that I should move the sys.aud$ table to a > dedicated tablespace. > > 1. How can I move this table to another Tablespace. See David's reply. If you have created any indexes on aud$ for reporting purposes you'll likely want to move them when you rebuild them as well. > 2. Are there any special concerns in moving this table and\or auditing > mechinisms? Technically Oracle does not support moving aud$ out of the system tablespace - though it details how to do it on Metalink :(. -- Niall Litchfield Oracle DBA http://www.niall.litchfield.dial.pipex.com "Michael" <melliott42@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:91...

Efficient Moving Average and Moving Variance Calculations
Steven Smith in "Digital Signal Processing" describes an efficient algorithm for computing a moving average. This algorithm is also mentioned in the Wikipedia article describing Moving Average: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moving_average Rick Lyons once asked in this newsgroup about an efficient algorithm for computing "moving variance": http://groups.google.com/group/comp.dsp/browse_frm/thread/330ac90a92f8dfaf/02a3b89dcf21fdcc?hl=en&lnk=st&q=variance+group%3Acomp.dsp+author%3AHadstate#02a3b89dcf21fdcc With minimal effort, one can modify the "Moving Average" algorithm to efficiently compute a "Moving Variance" and a "Moving Average" simultaneously at each time step. Notice that one of the equations for computing a sample variance over a window with N samples can be written as: N * Sum(X**2) - (Sum(X)**2) V = --------------------------- N * (N - 1) where X is the input. To implement this efficiently, allocate two history buffers, one for values of X and one for values of X**2, each containing room for N points. These buffers need to be initialized, perhaps to the first sample of X and X**2 or perhaps to zero, your choice. Then initialize two variables, SX1 to be the Sum(elements in X history buffer) and SX2 to be Sum(elements in X**2 history buffer). Then, at each time-step k, compute: X1 = (new sample value) X2 = X1 * X1 Y1 = (oldest X1 value from X1 history buffer) Y2 = (oldest X2 value...

detecting when a form is moved.
I have a main form, and a child form. Just before the child form becomes is shown, it gets moved to some position relative to the main form, and stays on top of the main form with a call to the SetWindowPos API. Question: If the main form is then moved (dragged by the mouse), how can I capture this and relocate the child appropriately? Preferably the child would drag along with the parent as it is moved. Is there a way to "lock" a child form's position relative to it's parent? TIA! Question is a bit confusing. But, assuming the 'Child' Form is not the child of an MDIform, and it is a a form that is called by another form then the code below is a cheap and dirty way moving one form relative to another and locking it's aspect ratio (Ish :-). It would need a lot of work to make it work well, but it should give you an idea. Ivar New Project. Two forms (Form1 and Form2) Add a timer (Timer1) to Form1 Paste the code below in to Form1 Option Explicit Const HWND_TOPMOST = -1 Const SWP_NOACTIVATE = &H10 Private Type RECT Left As Long Top As Long Right As Long Bottom As Long End Type Private Type POINTAPI X As Long Y As Long End Type Private Declare Function GetCursorPos Lib "user32" _ (lpPoint As POINTAPI) As Long Private Declare Sub SetWindowPos Lib "user32" _ (ByVal hWnd As Long, ByVal hWndInsertAfter As Long, _ ByVal X As Long, ByVal Y As Long, ByVal cx As Long, _ ByVal cy As Long, ByVa...

Move sys.aud$ -- response
on 07/06/2004, at 8:27 PM CDT, Michael wrote: > Hello, > > I have inherited the maintenance of an Oracle 8.17 system with > Auditing enabled. I have found that the sys.aud$ table is in the > SYSTEM Tablespace and have been given a directive to move it out of > SYSTEM. I am thinking that I should move the sys.aud$ table to a > dedicated tablespace. > > 1. How can I move this table to another Tablespace. > 2. Are there any special concerns in moving this table and\or auditing > mechinisms? > > Thanks for your advice, > > Cal Do this: SVRMGR> connect internal Connected. SVRMGR> create tablespace audit_tbs datafile '.....' size 500M reuse; Tablespace created. SVRMGR> alter table aud$ move tablespace audit_tbs; Table altered. SVRMGR> exit As long as you maintain the SYS ownership of AUD$ you'll be fine, and connect internal in 8.1.7 does just that. Remember to substitute a valid path and filename for the '.....' in the create tablespace command. David Fitzjarrell fitzjarrell@cox.net (David Fitzjarrell) wrote in message news:<9711ade0.0407061753.4b5f0d48@posting.google.com>... > on 07/06/2004, at 8:27 PM CDT, Michael wrote: > > Hello, > > > > I have inherited the maintenance of an Oracle 8.17 system with > > Auditing enabled. I have found that the sys.aud$ table is in the > > SYSTEM Tablespace and have been given a directive to move it out of > > ...

Moving Person/Object tracking
Hi Image analyst , Can you give me the idea of how to track a moving person/object from consecutive input frames that belongs to an particular video. eg , herewith i'm attaching the input frame (image) that belongs to an surveillance video and now i need to segment the moving object (moving red car and walking person) from it. http://www.4shared.com/photo/pB1XVBCV/image.html "Vivek " <vivek.acm@gmail.com> wrote in message news:j75nj8$1df$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com... > Hi Image analyst , > > Can you give me the idea of how to track a moving person/object from > consecutive input frames that belongs to an particular video. > eg , herewith i'm attaching the input frame (image) that belongs to an > surveillance video and now i need to segment the moving object (moving red > car and walking person) from it. > > http://www.4shared.com/photo/pB1XVBCV/image.html http://www.mathworks.com/products/computer-vision/demos.html Look at the "Tracking" section on that page. -- Steve Lord slord@mathworks.com To contact Technical Support use the Contact Us link on http://www.mathworks.com ...

Screen saver
Hi, I need to create a screen saver for my VB6 app. I can't just write a windows screen saver because my app needs to be able to keep updating to content of the screen saver and also turn it off when necessary. The bit I'm struggling with is recognising mouse moves (so if there aren't any within a period of time the screen saver activates). I can't just use the mousemove event for all objects in my app because there are too many. So is there another way of catching mouse move events, even if my app's not in focus Many thanks Chris On 13 May 2004 00:44:07 -0700, dchrislloyd@hotmail.com (Chris) wrote: >Hi, > >I need to create a screen saver for my VB6 app. I can't just write a >windows screen saver because my app needs to be able to keep updating >to content of the screen saver and also turn it off when necessary. > >The bit I'm struggling with is recognising mouse moves (so if there >aren't any within a period of time the screen saver activates). I >can't just use the mousemove event for all objects in my app because >there are too many. So is there another way of catching mouse move >events, even if my app's not in focus You can use a system wide hook This has to be in a 'real' DLL Those things are reportedly very dangerous and will crash when certain software packages are running The easiest method is to use a Timer and the GetCursorPos API Hello Chris. I took a run at it. Option Ex...

How can I detect when a window has been moved or resized?
How can I detect when a window has been moved or resized? I've tried binding to the "<Configure>" event, but I need to be able to ignore <Configure> events that are not due to moving or resizing. Is this possible? Many Thanks, =Adrian= Adrian Davis wrote: > How can I detect when a window has been moved or resized? > > I've tried binding to the "<Configure>" event, but I need to be able > to ignore <Configure> events that are not due to moving or resizing. > > Is this possible? Yes it is possible. You want to look at the percent substitutions that bind can do. You also want to look at the if and continue commands. -- +--------------------------------+---------------------------------------+ | Gerald W. Lester | |"The man who fights for his ideals is the man who is alive." - Cervantes| +------------------------------------------------------------------------+ > Yes it is possible. > > You want to look at the percent substitutions that bind can do. You also > want to look at the if and continue commands. > Many Thanks. I can see how the percent substitutions can give me the resize - How can I check for a move? Thanks Again, =Adrian= On Oct 1, 9:33 am, Adrian Davis <adr...@satisoft.com> wrote: > > Yes it is possible. > > > You want to look at the percent substitutions that bind can do....

How to move objects from one datafile to another?
Hi all, I am running Oracle 8.1.6.3 on WinNT (I know...) and having I/O contention. I identified 2 datafiles that I'd like to split. I need to be able to move some tables out of one datafile into another tablespace on another drive. How do I do that? Thanks, Eugene Eugene wrote: > Hi all, > I am running Oracle 8.1.6.3 on WinNT (I know...) and having I/O > contention. I identified 2 datafiles that I'd like to split. I need to > be able to move some tables out of one datafile into another > tablespace on another drive. > How do I do that? > > Thanks, > Eugene > Create a new tablespace with the new datafile. Since this is 8i, the ALTER TABLE MOVE command is not an option. So export the tables in question. Then drop the tables. Precreate the tables in the appropriate tablespace. Then import with IGNORE=Y. The data will be imported into the tablespace you precreated the table in. That's the simple version! HTH, Brian -- =================================================================== Brian Peasland dba@nospam.peasland.net http://www.peasland.net Remove the "nospam." from the email address to email me. "I can give it to you cheap, quick, and good. Now pick two out of the three" - Unknown -- Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com On Mar 1, 9:43 am, Brian Peasland <d...@nospam.peasland.net> wrote: > Eugene wrote: > > Hi all, > > I am running Oracle 8.1.6....

VIs made in 5.1, moved to 7.1, now move to 8.5
Our company has a base of LabVIEW VIs for various of our products, created in version 5.1, opened &amp; saved in versions 6.1 and 7.1 . We are now upgrading to version 8.5 . &nbsp; Should the transition be as simple as opening &amp; saving (just like the move from 5.1 to 7.1) ? Or will it be more complicated ? If more complicated, please advise. Thank you. &nbsp; Asher Meth Excalibur Systems <a href="mailto:ameth@mil-1553.com" target="_blank">ameth@mil-1553.com</a> ...

tracking moving objects in traffic surveillance images
Hi all, Does anyone know where I can find source code or a more specific description for the implementation of the technique for the tracking of moving objects that is described in the article "Detecting and Tracking Moving Objects for Video Surveillance" IEEE 1999 of Isaac Cohen and Gerard Medioni? Ciao! Dr. Gjenna Stippel Postdoctoral Fellow Department of Mediamatics Delft University of Technology Phone: +31 (0) 15 278 7241 URL: www.gjenna.com ...

Peak to Peak detection for a vector on a moving window
I have a vector with size (1x300000) lets say. I wish to detect peak to peak exceptions exceeding a threshold of a certain value over each sliding window of a defined width. How can I accomplish it without using a for loop. - Narayana "Timothy " <narayanais@hotmail.com> wrote in message <jj87r4$68g$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > I have a vector with size (1x300000) lets say. I wish to detect peak to peak exceptions exceeding a threshold of a certain value over each sliding window of a defined width. How can I accomplish it without using a for loop. > > - Narayana doc diff doc find Good luck This is what I have written. I wanted some help to improve it? %variables threshold = 8; winsize = 5; % Data time = 0:0.1:10; data = rand(size(time))*10; plot(time,data); %calculate the peak to peak for the sliding window peaktopeak = []; for i = winsize+1:size(data,2)-winsize-1 peaktopeak = [peaktopeak max(data(i-winsize:i+winsize))-min(data(i-winsize:i+winsize))]; end % initialize exceptions exceptions = []; % find all data points that exceed the threshold exceptions.is_exception = peaktopeak>threshold % find start and end locations of each exception location exceptions.switch = [exceptions.is_exception(1:end) 0] - [0 exceptions.is_exception(1:end)]; exceptions.start = find(exceptions.switch > 0); exceptions.end = find(exceptions.switch < 0) - 1; % count the number of locations where the threshold is exceeded excep...

EMF White border/moving blocks in matlab
I have a generic problem. I have came up with a couple solutions to solve it, but I do not know how to impliment them in a matlab script (.m file). The probem: When i save a .mdl file as a .emf file it gets a big white border on it. The file needs to be of the EMF type. this is occuring because the diagram is not in the top left corner of the screen. I can manualy move the diagram to the top corner and then print the diagram and the problem is fixed. The problem is that i have thousands of diagrams that need this done, so i need a script that can do this. Solution 1: Copy and paste the diagram into a new .mdl file and then use my print script. Solutions 2: select and move the position of the diagram to the top left corner. I am open to other solutions, but i need the File to be of the type .emf. I have looked at other posts, but they don't seem to have an answer that keeps the file as an EMF. If you need any clarification please let me know. *I need the file to be an EMF file becasue I need to insert it into word. I will then add figure captions and convert the whole word doc to a PDF. The model picture (EMF file) is then searchable. I need the figure to be searchable once i convert the word doc to PDF. Thanks ...

move a file (document) from an unbound object frame to a folder
It would make my clients life easier if he could place attached file into an unbound object frame on a form. This activity causes bloat if there are many such insertions. I would like to programmatically remove the file from the frame and place it in a folder, rename it and save the link (Path) the object frame for that record, any ideas out there? ...

Simulink 'Moving average' equivalent code in Matlab
Dear All, I have written a 'Moving average' code in embedded matlab function block but I am trying to do the same but with a dynamic size of buffer. The Required logic of moving average is: (This is not a code but it is just a logic of matlab code should look like) n (Length of buffer) = round(fs/f0); fs = 1KHz; fo must not be > than fs/10 Then n = round(1000/90) =11 n2 > n but n2 is a power of 2. Array x[n2],y[n2] Clear complete array x. X[0]=1; // unit pulse For (i=0,i < n;i++) y[i]=BufferSum(x[i]); // unit pulse response end What is BufferSum(x)? New_BufferSum = old_BufferSum - old_sample + new_sample. 'Moving average' code in embedded matlab function: function y = fcn(Moving_u) persistent iCnt persistent p persistent sum % persistent buffer_length % Initialize persistent variables if isempty(iCnt) iCnt=1; end if isempty(sum) sum=0; end if isempty(p) p=zeros(1,11); end if iCnt>11 iCnt=1; end sum = sum-p(iCnt)+Moving_u; p(iCnt) = Moving_u; iCnt=iCnt+1; y=sum; Any suggestions!! ...

how To detect the edges of the moving vehicle using sobel edge deterction
Am doing project on vehicle detection and tracking in our concept we used sobel edge detection to determine the edges of the vehicle can you pls help me out by suggesting the appropriate coadings We used license plate recognition technique to uniquely identify an individual vehicle can u pls suggest the coding and algorithm for this technique. ...

moving/copying ROD objects from one cell view to another using dbMoveFig()/dbCopyFig()
Hi, In IC446, moving a rod object (Multi Part Path) from one cellview to another causes the path to lose its subpart details and it becomes a normal path in the destination window. I have filed a SR for this. Is there a workaround for this. rgds, Suresh J Suresh, Yes, there was a PCR that was filed on this sometime back, PCR# 452234, unable to copy MPP's using non-interactive skill A workaround which you might already have thought of is using interactive skill commands, leHiCopy, that does copy the paths and preserve the MPP Partha suresh j <sureshjeeva00@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<3F93DA3A.4000504@yahoo.com>... > Hi, > In IC446, moving a rod object (Multi Part Path) from one cellview to > another causes the path to lose its subpart details and it becomes a > normal path in the destination window. > I have filed a SR for this. > > Is there a workaround for this. > > rgds, > Suresh J ...

VBA Access
I am trying to move some of our large VBA Access front-end file into ActiveX DLL files. I created two DLL files so far, one was a module that contains code to integrate into the QuickBooks accounting software. Another has general utilities. I tried referencing the utilities dll, and it shows up in the object explorer. I instantiated an instance of the class and now it shows up all okay in the Intellisense. Whenever I try to run a simple function, though, even a subroutine that just does: MsgBox "Test" It gives me the error 91: Object variable or With block variable not set Am I missing a step here? We really need these DLLs, or some alternative, so that we can better use Subversion for our main project. "axs221" <axs221@gmail.com> wrote in news:1153516543.713628.99880@i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com: > I am trying to move some of our large VBA Access front-end file > into ActiveX DLL files. Why in the *world* would you do such a thing? -- David W. Fenton http://www.dfenton.com/ usenet at dfenton dot com http://www.dfenton.com/DFA/ Do you have a better idea? We need to split apart our main program, which is ALL in one database file. It defeats part of the purpose of using Subversion to have only one file. It takes too long to synchronize and doesn't allow more than one person to work on the file without having to later merge bits and pieces together. A separate file like a DLL library would allow me to work on m...

a not so moving experience.
Please forgive my ignorance. I need understanding. When I paste this into a win32for (V 4.2 build 0602) forth running in a Linux WINE simulation, I get a runaway output. The entire screen fills with Hello World and I can't stop it. : hello begin true while ." Hello World " repeat ; In the native Ubuntu 9.10, gforth prints out Hello World exactly once. Why the difference? This is an AMD 64 bit machine using gforth 0.7.0 I'm suspecting a WINE error, but can't be sure. Any insights most appreciated. mike m II wrote: <4bea50d8@news.x-privat.org> > > When I paste this into a win32for (V 4.2 build 0602) forth running in a > Linux WINE simulation, I get a runaway output. The entire screen fills > with Hello World and I can't stop it. > >: hello > begin > true > while > ." Hello World " > repeat > ; That's correct: `begin true while ... repeat` is an infinite loop. > In the native Ubuntu 9.10, gforth prints out Hello World exactly once. Now *that* is odd. It is interesting that win32forth works for you under Wine: I haven't been able to make that work. I get an error of some kind during the install. If I skip past that, it mostly works, but I get various odd things happening (for instance, if I try to FIND an undefined name containing an 'e', I get an access violation in >FLOA...

Moving from Clarion
Hi, I did some good applications using CPD 2.1. I earned some decent amount of money from these applications during the early 90s. My customers want to migrate to Windows for more than 4 years now. I just couldn't decide which way to go. I don't trust Clarion for Windows and I don't have the time to learn another language. I tried CW2.0 when it first came out, it was very bugy and very difficult to learn. It was totaly a new thing. Today I checked the website for the company that owns Clarion now and found it a bit disapointing, for example the copyright is still 2003!! I have never found a langauge so suited to database programming like Clarion, but I don't think I can bet my future on a language that might disappear any moment. I know this is not the right place to post this, but I just can't find a better one, no body can understand the power that Clarion give but you. I looked at VB & Delphi but using both you would need a lot of time to develop a really professional application (20 tables+/50 screens). But I could be mistaken. Can you guys recommend any good RAD tool just like Clarion for Windows? Is there some tools to make VB/Delphi much more productive? Thanks Ahmed Comparing CW2 with the modern versions of CW is like comparing a gas lamp with a halogen bulb. I'm very happy using CW5.5EE and people have told me CW6.1 is even better. "Ahmed" <randomlove69@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:a6dd380f.040...

moving datafiles
Can someone explain to me why this won't work? I need to move a datafile on a very busy tablespace. The objects in the tablespace are only updated once a day, after that it's 100% read. I want to move the file during this 100% read time. The conventional method is to take the tablespace offline, move the file in the o/s, rename it in Oracle, and bring the tablespace back online. I want to keep the tablespace available throughout the entire operation so I thought I would try the following. o Place the tablespace in read only mode. o Copy the datafile to the new filesystem o Rename the datafile in Oracle. o Bring the tablespace back online o Delete the original file from the operating system. This is pretty much what's documented in the 8i SQL reference page 8-73 (for those who require proof you've actually read the documentation). "Once a tablespace is read only, you can copy its files to read-only media. You must then rename the datafiles in the control file to point to the new location by using the SQL statement ALTER DATABASE ... RENAME." The only difference is I'm copying it to another read/write media, not read-only media. When I try it however I get the following error when I try to rename the file in oracle. Why? SQL> alter database 2 rename file '/u23/oradata/DBATOOL/test01.dbf' 3 to '/u22/oradata/DBATOOL/test01.dbf'; alter database * ERROR at line 1: ORA-01511: error in renamin...

#speccy is moving
Due to increasing flakeyness on the astrolink irc network, we've decided to try a different irc network and opted for one that's a similar size to astrolink but much much more reliable (from what we've seen so far) The new one is called coldfront and the #speccy channel has the same key as before (base of speccy screen memory in decimal). irc.coldfront.net or for direct connection to the EU server (the others are in america), ice.coldfront.net The others are subzero, storm and frozen.coldfront.net. This has been a #speccy service announcement. -- | spike1@freenet.co,uk | "Are you pondering what I'm pondering Pinky?" | | Andrew Halliwell BSc | | | in | "I think so brain, but this time, you control | | Computer Science | the Encounter suit, and I'll do the voice..." | Andrew Halliwell wrote: > Due to increasing flakeyness on the astrolink irc network, we've > decided to try a different irc network and opted for one that's a > similar size to astrolink but much much more reliable (from what > we've seen so far) #spongeworthy moved over there from astrolink too... not that any of ye give a shite about that :) fuzzix <fuzzix@gmail.com> wrote: > Andrew Halliwell wrote: >> Due to increasing flakeyness on the astrolink irc network, we've >> decided to try a different irc network and opted for one t...

Moving kmail
I want to move my existing kmail setup to another PC, I am currently running KDE 3.3.2 with Kcontact 1.0.1 (which kmail is apart off) kmail 1.7.1 running on debain unstable with 2.4.18 kernel I want to move it to a PC running KDE 3.3.2 kcontact 1.0.1 kmail 1.7.1 running on debian testing 2.6.8 kernel. This setup has no mail setup on it The existing kmail setup has an inbox and 9 other mail boxes which which gets sorted from mail filters within kmail. All mail is supplied straight from ISP Its not so much the physical moving of the data (I intend to burn to cd and transfer that way) but what files to move. Thanks in advance Tim Xendistar wrote: > I want to move my existing kmail setup to another PC, I am currently > running KDE 3.3.2 with Kcontact 1.0.1 (which kmail is apart off) kmail > 1.7.1 running on debain unstable with 2.4.18 kernel > > I want to move it to a PC running KDE 3.3.2 kcontact 1.0.1 kmail 1.7.1 > running > on debian testing 2.6.8 kernel. This setup has no mail setup on it > > The existing kmail setup has an inbox and 9 other mail boxes which which > gets > sorted from mail filters within kmail. All mail is supplied straight from > ISP > > Its not so much the physical moving of the data (I intend to burn to cd > and transfer that way) but what files to move. > > Thanks in advance > > Tim IIRC (or ever understood correctly), KMail stores mail as individual files by default. It can als...

Disk Move
When I try to move a set of disks from old P690 to another different P690, is it just a case of removing the disks after exportvg and then importvg on the new system ? I also want to understand from the hardware perspective, if the disks are simply taken out from old frame and fitted into the new P690 frame. Any other precautions from Software an hardware front ? Ciao. Hi Ciao, I'm sure you are trying to move the SCSI disks. You don't require to do anything other than exportvg and importvg. Just follow the steps 1) unmount all the filesystems and varyoff the volume group. 2) exportvg the volume group. 3) Remove the disks from the system using rmdev. 4) Remove the disk physically and add it to the other system. 5) Run a cfgmgr in the new system, and just do a importvg. 6) varyon the volume group and start mounting the filesystems. Everything should be fine. Regards LeO On May 25, 10:45=A0pm, invincible <imanuk2...@googlemail.com> wrote: > When I try to move a set of disks from old P690 to another different > P690, is it just a case of removing the disks after exportvg and then > importvg on the new system ? > > I also want to understand from the hardware perspective, if the disks > are simply taken out from old frame and fitted into the new P690 > frame. Any other precautions from Software an hardware front ? > > Ciao. On 26.05.2010 10:29, leopraveen.c@gmail.com wrote: > > Everything should be fine. I think doing a ba...

Web resources about - Moving object detection with a moving camera - comp.soft-sys.matlab

Edge detection - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Edge detection is a fundamental tool in image processing , machine vision and computer vision , particularly in the areas of feature detection ...

MIDAS - Intrusion Detection for Macs
We had difficulty finding a lightweight, scalable solution that would help us identify a broad range of potential indicators of compromise on ...

faroo_p2p: FAROO Search Page now optimized for mobile phones and tablets (auto detection) http://t.co/NkoQqwKc ...
faroo_p2p: FAROO Search Page now optimized for mobile phones and tablets (auto detection) http://t.

Paris terrorists used burner phones, not encryption, to evade detection
(credit: Aaron Gustafson ) New details of the Paris attacks carried out last November reveal that it was the consistent use of prepaid burner ...

Google gets patent for bus detection on autonomous vehicles
Filed under: Government/Legal , Technology , Autonomous Google was granted a patent for bus detection on autonomous vehicles, which comes just ...

Endpoint specific malware renders signature detection useless
... 2014 average of 85,000 a day. This shows cybercriminals are relying less on the same list of IPs, and are expanding to new ones to avoid detection. ...

Google receives hilariously timed patent for autonomous-car bus detection
The tech giant received its patent mere days after getting into a small accident with the very vehicle to which this patent refers.

2016 Security 100: 20 Coolest SIEM And Threat Detection Vendors *
Part four of CRN's inaugural Security 100 list looks at the SIEM and threat detection vendors bringing a range of traditional and next-generation ...

ICYMI: Rogue wave detection, exo-glove and more
Today on In Case You Missed It: Researchers at Seoul National University developed the Exo-Glove Poly, which can help wearer's perform difficult ...

New Technology For Landmine Detection
In Colombia, large areas are teeming with landmines that are almost impossible to detect with traditional methods. In collaboration with partners ...