Need help for a matlab mini project - a newbie in matlab

Hello everyone,

I have a matlab in class exercise due in few days.
I am new to matlab and the instructions provided with the assignment is minimal.
Can Someone help me with the basic understanding as in how can I map the problem's  solution to matlab script ?

I am not able to post question here as it is a jpeg file.
Please let me know and then we can discuss further.
0
Nishant

urgent help needed: serial transmission from matlab to matlab
hi. really need help. i've to transmit an image serially between two computers using matlab on both transmitting and receiving ends. i've encoded the image into binary. been facing problems with the transmission when i used the command fprintf. when i executed that, i got a warning saying timeout occurred before terminator was reached. plus the receiving matlab hangs. i was told to save the binary packet into m-files then transmit the file over. how do i do that? is there a command to save and retrieve binary packets into and from m-files? i really need to get this done asap.thank you....

Need help at matlab, school project.
Hello everyone, i'm developing a school project in matlab, that consists in the "Simplex algorithm" for mathematical optimization. I found out that the rref command can help me, but not actually help me. The simplex algorithm is basicaly the same process that rref, except for one thing, the rref does its process with all the lines in the matrix, the SA need it at n-1. I don't if had been clear enough, so last shot. Let's choose a rando matrix. 1 2 3 So, doing the first step with the first line it should look like this: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ...

Newbie in matlab...need urgent help!!
I am trying to implement a bandpass filter on a signal data, xx. It is of 200,000 samples and the sampling frequency is 40 kHz. I am using a butter filter function and my program is as followed: HalfFs = Fs/2 Wp = [1000 1550]/HalfFs; Ws = [950 1600]/HalfFs; Rp = 3; Rs = 40; %Calculate the minimum order of Butterworth filter [n,Wn] = buttord(Wp,Ws,Rp,Rs) [b,a] = butter(n,Wn); yy - filter (b,a,xx); xx = conv(xx,yy); my program always hang upon the convolution step...does anybody knows how to solve this problem? silverlex wrote: > > > I am trying to implement a bandpass filt...

Need help with a MATLAB project..... should be simple
Hi there! I need a little help with a MATLAB project, which needs to plot and play a combined sine wave based on user inputs of the frequency, amplitude and phase values of each wave. The code for the function is: <!------ function code begin -------> function [ combinedWave ] = CCW( fa,aa,pa,ta ) % CreateCombinedWave creates a combined wave based on four 1D input arrays % defining the frequency, amplitude, phase and time values respectively of % each of a number of simple waves. % placing number of simple waves into variable numSimpleWaves [x,numSimpleWaves] = size(fa); % predefin...

how could i use the matlab help without running matlab?
sometimes i just want to see some content of the help files and not intend to use matlab itself but as we know i must start matlab software first, then open the help product can i simply open the help document without running matlab? thanks! "fangfines " <fangfines@qq.com> wrote in message <i67kgh$qcr$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > sometimes i just want to see some content of the help files and not intend to use matlab itself > > but as we know i must start matlab software first, then open the help product > > can i simply open the help document without running matlab? > > thanks! Hi, The MATLAB help for the current release (R2010b) is available over the web. Choose a product such as the Signal Processing Toolbox. http://www.mathworks.com/products/signal/ and then under Support and Training, select the documentation. http://www.mathworks.com/help/toolbox/signal/index.html Wayne "Wayne King" <wmkingty@gmail.com> wrote in message <i67rfa$3bl$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > "fangfines " <fangfines@qq.com> wrote in message <i67kgh$qcr$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > > sometimes i just want to see some content of the help files and not intend to use matlab itself > > > > but as we know i must start matlab software first, then open the help product > > > > can i simply open the help document without running matlab? > > > > thanks! > > H...

Re: Urgent help needed for matlab...newbie here.
Hey jerome, ur advice from the page is gd, couldnt understand it at first till i c hold all. now i can get different color. thks. next is naming the lines. anyway to do that? sorry for the many questions. ...

Re: Need help in project using Matlab
I am doing now Gender classification from face image using Linear Discriminant Analysis with matlab. First step is to normalize face image. So, I Don't know how to write program for normalization of face image intesity with matlab. If you don't mind, please solve for my difficulty. with regards, thida soe. Thida Soe wrote: > I am doing now Gender classification from face image using Linear > Discriminant Analysis with matlab. First step is to normalize face > image. So, I Don't know how to write program for normalization of face > image intesity with matlab. If you ...

Newbie in matlab..need help urgently! #2
I am trying to implement a bandpass filter on a signal data, xx. It is of 200,000 samples and the sampling frequency is 40 kHz. I am using a butter filter function and my program is as followed: HalfFs = Fs/2 Wp = [1000 1550]/HalfFs; Ws = [950 1600]/HalfFs; Rp = 3; Rs = 40; %Calculate the minimum order of Butterworth filter [n,Wn] = buttord(Wp,Ws,Rp,Rs) [b,a] = butter(n,Wn); yy - filter (b,a,xx); xx = conv(xx,yy); my program always hang upon the convolution step...does anybody knows how to solve this problem? Your MATLAB program looks OK (except for the typographical error in the next ...

Matlab plots outside Matlab
I'm making an end-user application where I would like to use Matlab functionality both for calculation and plotting. Matlabs GUI builder guide does not satisfy my needs (no support for f.ex. internal frames and other nescessities), so I'm planning to compile my Matlab code and use other API (Java, QT or something) for GUI. My problem is then, that I loose access to the neat plotting commands availible under matlab GUI... Is there a way of integrating Matlabs plot functionality into another GUI system? - has it been done? - I appreciate any response! - P�l Berge ...

Calling Compiled MATLAB from MATLAB
Hello everyone, How do I compile MATLAB M files into a form that can then be called from within the MATLAB interpreter? A roundabout way would seem to be to (somehow) Turn the matlab code into C (I think mcc does this), then compile this C code into MEX format and call that. Is there an easier way? I have the MATLAB compiler, so I just need to know what to do with it to get this to work. Thanks in advance, Sina sina.tootoonian wrote: > > > Hello everyone, > > How do I compile MATLAB M files into a form that can then be called > from within the MATLAB interpreter? A roundabout way would seem to > be > to (somehow) Turn the matlab code into C (I think mcc does this), > then > compile this C code into MEX format and call that. Is there an > easier > way? I have the MATLAB compiler, so I just need to know what to do > with > it to get this to work. > > Thanks in advance, > > Sina > > HELP MEX > HELP MEX Or, better, HELP MCC help pcode pseudo code is useful to obfuscate code - protect algorithms, yet still run at full speed and be distributable to other matlab users sina.tootoonian wrote: > > > Hello everyone, > > How do I compile MATLAB M files into a form that can then be called > from within the MATLAB interpreter? A roundabout way would seem to > be > to (somehow) Turn the matlab code into C (I think mcc does this), > then > compile this C code into MEX format and call that...

parallel matlab
Hi all, I'm going to work on a project involving a parallel version of MATLAB - I'm aware of various efforts like MATLAB-*P and so on Right now I need to read up on some material regarding MATLAB internals eg: How are the ATLAS(or is it BLAS) routines called in MATLAB? How does MATLAB's C code store information in memory, cache'ing etc? How is one to get at those? Do you know of any suitable reference(s)/resource(s)? Thank you very much, Aravind ...

Urgent help needed in matlab!! please help!!!
i have a matrix which has 16 columns and varying number of rows.. i need to replace the elements ranging from -50 to 50 with zero and the rest should remain the same.. i have coded for a single element search and replace which is [m, n] = size(Data); for i = 1: m if ( Data(i) == 1 ) Data(i) = 0; end end but how do i do it for a range of -50 to 50 instead of a 1 in my code.. could anyone help me out.. also please suggest me if there are any matlab function which does this with out the use of the for loops... Regards, Mohan i have a matrix which has 16 columns and...

need matlab projects
i need a matlab project on communications On Dec 24, 5:47=A0am, "jagan " <sprakash1...@gmail.com> wrote: > i need a matlab project on communications Why not attempt to communicate what your matlab project is about? Rune Rune Allnor <allnor@tele.ntnu.no> wrote in message <d79de2e9-4e5e-4010-90d9-9c42da4066d2@r29g2000yqj.googlegroups.com>... > On Dec 24, 5:47 am, "jagan " <sprakash1...@gmail.com> wrote: > > i need a matlab project on communications > > Why not attempt to communicate what your matlab project is abo...

Need Help In MatLab
I'm urgently requesting help in these following questions, my exams are coming up and would like someone to explain these to me, 1. Accept a number from the user and check whether the given number is prime number or not. 2. Accept a number from the user and display the reverse of the number. 3. To display Armstrong numbers from 100 to 999. 4. Accept four integers from the user and sort them in descending order. All of them are to be written in individual matlab scripts. Regards. God Bless. On Jan 11, 5:19=A0am, Peter <fesssupp...@gmail.com> wrote: > I'...

need help with matlab
Hi,,,im havin trouble with basic matlab programming, and creating functions . ANy help will be highly appreciable. the function sintax is: funcrion [out1 out2]=functionName(In1,in2) after that declaration just write what you want and the variables named out1 and out2 will automaticly returned when the function will get to the end. note: make shure that the file name is similar to the function name! hope it heleped... Hi, This could be a good start for you : <http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/techdoc/learn_matlab/learn_matlab.html> J�r�me ...

Newbie help in MATLAB
I'm new to MATLAB and i need help. Working with images, i've plotted the intensity function to see how the intensity changes with each pixel...in other words, a line profile. does anyone have any programs to calculate the FWHM at a peak? IF not, how do i determine what row # my max peak was located? The images are 12bit and hvae rows/columns exceeding 1000 pixels. THANKS! N Le N Le wrote: > I'm new to MATLAB and i need help. > > Working with images, i've plotted the intensity function to see how > the intensity changes with each pixel...in other words, a line...

I need help in Matlab
I am trying to do the Region Growing Process and Region Adjacency Graph methods in Matlab. I have done something but it is too slow. I check every pixel seperately, so for 800x600 image is too slow. Can you suggest me something? ...

help needed in matlab
Hi Frnds, I am new to the forum as well as Matlab. Can anyone help me in drawing concentric circle using Matlab7. Should I use any algorihm for this or is there any inbuilt methods to draw a concentric circle. I kindly request your help for this. Regards, Krishi Krishna <krishi21@yahoo.com> writes: >Hi Frnds, > I am new to the forum as well as Matlab. Can anyone help me in drawing concentric circle using Matlab7. Should I use any algorihm for this or is there any inbuilt methods to draw a concentric circle. I kindly request your help for this. rectangle('Curvature&#...

Need a some help with Matlab
Hi there every one I need some help with the following function: function cc = find_cc(n) global nu cc(1)=(-8.*i.*nu1-3.*n.^2-5+4.*i.*nu1.*n-4.*n)./n./(-n-2+4.*i.*nu1); cc(2)=(3.*n.^2+2.*n+4)./n./(-n-2+4.*i.*nu1); cc(3)=-(n-1).*(n+1)./n./(-n-2+4.*i.*nu1); end where \nu is abitrary variable. cc(1), cc(2) and cc(3) are entries of a cc(3,1) matrix. Each time I run the above function I get the following message: "In an assignment A(I) = B, the number of elements in B and I must be the same" I guess the problem here is \nu because if I set \nu to 1 the it works. But I want \new t...

need a help for matlab
Hi, I am doing a project in which I need to transform some images using fourier transform and do some analysis on the power spectrum domain. I use fft function of matlab, but I don't know how can I get the magnitude and the frequency value of the result vector of fft. Anybody can help me? Thanks a lot. I searched online, but not sure about if the following result is correct: suppose X is the image vector Y=fft(X, 512) does magnitude value-- M=Y.*conj(Y)/512 and freqency value-- F=1:512 thanks Dongming ...

Matlab
Hello , I'm a new user in Matlab. So should you advise matlab notes , documentation please ? <azatserver113@gmail.com> wrote in message news:7b4e75e2-40c6-43bb-acc6-2553123ba649@googlegroups.com... > Hello , > > I'm a new user in Matlab. So should you advise matlab notes , > documentation please ? > At the MATLAB command prompt type this command: doc This will show the documentation included as part of your installation. I recommend reading through the Getting Started section of the MATLAB documentation first, and executing the examp...

matlab
any one please can help me sploving the following question 1________Given the causal system y[n] =3D 0.9y[n-1] + x[n], find H(z) and sketch the pole-zero plot. See the functions roots.m and zplane.m. 2___ Plot the magnitude and phase of H(z) on the frequency axis from 0 =E2=80=93 =EF=81=B0, or normalized frequency 0 - 1, and label the graphs. S= ee the freqz.m command. hani_al_yazidi@hotmail.com wrote: > any one please can help me sploving the following question > > > 1________Given the causal system > > y[n] = 0.9y[n-1] + x[n], > > find H(z) and sketch the pole-zero plot. See the functions roots.m and > zplane.m. > > 2___ Plot the magnitude and phase of H(z) on the frequency axis from 0 > – , or normalized frequency 0 - 1, and label the graphs. See the > freqz.m command. It looks like homework. State what you tried and what error messages you got and someone who knows Matlab will probably help. We try not to do homework here, but (like gods) we do help those who help themselves. Jerry -- Engineering is the art of making what you want from things you can get. ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯&...

can Matlab support 32-bit matlab version scripts on 64-bit version of matlab
can Matlab support 32-bit matlab version scripts on 64-bit version of matlab in windows platform?.if yes , how is the performance better ? please do answer this question thank u "Gangamma " <gangvsng@gmail.com> wrote in message <hvmr7h$sn0$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > can Matlab support 32-bit matlab version scripts on 64-bit version of matlab in windows platform?.if yes , how is the performance better ? Yes, Matlab program written in 32/64 bits are compatible accepted MEX file. 64-bit version can handle larger array but does *NOT* improve speed. Br...

Trying to import multiple images into MATLAB and treat them as frames and overall help with matlab
Hello.I'm in desperate need of some help here, I want to import various images of clouds taken about 30 seconds in one another as a single video file the loop I used to originally do this consisted of: files = dir(Directory of files) for i = 1:100 str = strcat('Directory for workspace',files(i).name); clouds(i,:,:,:)=imread(str); end; But the images it produced were 4-d uint 8 and i was unable to read them or work with them at all. Please can you offer me some type of solution. The main goal of these processed cloud images is to be able to track the movement of clouds in the skys so if you have any demos that I could look at please post them On 28/12/10 8:49 PM, Linus Hamann wrote: > Hello.I'm in desperate need of some help here, I want to import various > images of clouds taken about 30 seconds in one another as a single video > file the loop I used to originally do this consisted of: > files = dir(Directory of files) > for i = 1:100 > str = strcat('Directory for workspace',files(i).name); > clouds(i,:,:,:)=imread(str); > end; > > But the images it produced were 4-d uint 8 and i was unable to read them > or work with them at all. Please can you offer me some type of solution. > The main goal of these processed cloud images is to be able to track the > movement of clouds in the skys so if you have any demos that I could > look at please post them That looks okay to me, except that it...

Web resources about - Need help for a matlab mini project - a newbie in matlab - comp.soft-sys.matlab

Project - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For the urban low-income housing buildings called projects, see public housing . For other uses, see Project (disambiguation) . The word project ...

The Project Shrink - Welcome To Shrinkonia.
... about the importance of the environment we work in and the stories we tell, we should have a Set Designer and a Storyteller on our projects. ...

Better Projects
I think this book by Tobias is beautifully written. There is real craftmanship in the prose here. The book is made up of independent self contained ...

NBN: Government urged to embrace fibre to home, Ziggy Switkowski denies project behind schedule
... Government is urged to consider an about-face and embrace fibre to the home for the NBN. Politicians continue to use the nation-building project ...

Adobe releases first Experience Design preview for Mac, its ‘Project Comet’ UX design tool
... design prototypes. The latest Creative Cloud tool was first announced last October at Adobe’s Max Creative Conference under the name Project ...

Microsoft Project AIX is an open source Minecraft-based artificial intelligence solution
... Me? I'm not worried, but excited. Don't fear progress, y'all. Today, Microsoft announces a new artificial intelligence solution, called Project ...

Google's latest plan for Charleston East office project in Mountain View (slideshow) - Silicon Valley ...
Google is retaining the general idea of its original plan: A "canopy" draping a flexible workplace with lots of green space threading through ...

Wounded Warrior Project chair on recovery from spending scandal
Charity fired two top executives following a CBS News investigation that exposed only 60 percent of donations were spent directly on vets

Cyber soul project promises immortality – but what should Christians think?
The idea that someone's mind can live independently of their body, uploaded into another human being or into some form of software, has been ...

Avista Utilities Develops Energy Storage Project In Washington
... others who are embracing innovation, looking at the universe of changing technologies [&hellip Avista Utilities Develops Energy Storage Project ...