Need help with a problem

Hello, I�ve the following problem:

Given:

y = f(x) + normcdf(g(x))+normcdf(h(x)) where y is given and x is the
variable I want to get. f,g and h are functions of x and normcdf(x)
is the integral of the N(0,1)-distribution.

It would be very nice if sb could help me finding x.

Thx

Jan

In article <ef2b993.-1@webx.raydaftYaTP>, "Jan Wiltschut"
<Jan.Wiltschut@gmx.de> wrote:

> Hello, I�ve the following problem:
>
> Given:
>
> y = f(x) + normcdf(g(x))+normcdf(h(x)) where y is given and x is the
> variable I want to get. f,g and h are functions of x and normcdf(x)
> is the integral of the N(0,1)-distribution.
>
> It would be very nice if sb could help me finding x.
>
> Thx
>
> Jan
'fzero' should serve your purposes very well.  Just define a function
which will accept x as a vector input and calculate
f(x)+normcdf(g(x))+normcdf(h(x)) - y where y is the given scalar value.
(I assume you know f(x), g(x), and h(x).)

(Remove "xyzzy" and ".invalid" to send me email.)
Roger Stafford