Need Matlab code for Constrained Particle Swarm Optimization

Hello everyone,
    Please can anybody give me matlab code for Constrained Particle Swarm Optimization Algorithm? It is better if i get code which is using Lagrangian Multiplier in the above mentioned algorithm. Please help me.
0
Santhosh
5/27/2010 6:23:15 AM
comp.soft-sys.matlab 207193 articles. 1 followers. lunamoonmoon (258) is leader. Post Follow

"Santhosh " <santusapi@gmail.com> wrote in message <htl34j$jv6$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> Hello everyone,
>     Please can anybody give me matlab code for Constrained Particle Swarm Optimization Algorithm? It is better if i get code which is using Lagrangian Multiplier in the above mentioned algorithm. Please help me.

what have YOU done so far to solve YOUR particular problem...

us
0
us
5/27/2010 6:29:06 AM
"us " <us@neurol.unizh.ch> wrote in message <htl3fi$b2a$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> "Santhosh " <santusapi@gmail.com> wrote in message <htl34j$jv6$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> > Hello everyone,
> >     Please can anybody give me matlab code for Constrained Particle Swarm Optimization Algorithm? It is better if i get code which is using Lagrangian Multiplier in the above mentioned algorithm. Please help me.
>
> what have YOU done so far to solve YOUR particular problem...
>
> us

I have implemented unconstrained particle swarm optimization. now i need to solve constrained. Only change in it is, i've to convert constrained to unconstrained problem and solve by using unconstrained PSO algorithm. To convert this thing, i'm thinking to use Lagrangian Multiplier. But I'm not getting how to convert it using this.
0
Santhosh
5/27/2010 8:49:05 AM
"Santhosh " <santusapi@gmail.com> wrote in message <htl34j$jv6$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> Hello everyone,
>     Please can anybody give me matlab code for Constrained Particle Swarm Optimization Algorithm? It is better if i get code which is using Lagrangian Multiplier in the above mentioned algorithm. Please help me.

Santhosh,

One simple approach is to initialize particles until satisfying all constraints, and use only feasible positions when updating the personal and global bests [1].  This ensures that all starting points and points of attraction are feasible without adding much complexity to a computationally simple algorithm.

I suggest finding an efficient approach in the literature and contributing it to a community toolbox such as the Particle Swarm Optimization Research Toolbox [2].

[1] X. Hu and R. C. Eberhart, "Solving constrained nonlinear optimization problems with particle swarm optimization," in Proceedings of the Sixth World Multiconference on Systemics, Cybernetics and Informatics (SCI 2002), Orlando, 2002.
http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.14.6041&rep=rep1&type=pdf
[2] http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/28291-particle-swarm-optimization-research-toolbox
"Santhosh " <santusapi@gmail.com> wrote in message <htlbm1$69e$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> "us " <us@neurol.unizh.ch> wrote in message <htl3fi$b2a$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> > "Santhosh " <santusapi@gmail.com> wrote in message <htl34j$jv6$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> > > Hello everyone,
> > >     Please can anybody give me matlab code for Constrained Particle Swarm Optimization Algorithm? It is better if i get code which is using Lagrangian Multiplier in the above mentioned algorithm. Please help me.
> >
> > what have YOU done so far to solve YOUR particular problem...
> >
> > us
>

> I have implemented unconstrained particle swarm optimization. now i need to solve constrained. Only change in it is, i've to convert constrained to unconstrained problem and solve by using unconstrained PSO algorithm. To convert this thing, i'm thinking to use Lagrangian Multiplier. But I'm not getting how to convert it using this.

hey...can you sent me all command lines and explanations, if you have, on this email for unconstrained PSO algorithm in Matlab.
imohler@fkit.hr

thanks

Why it said optimization terminated??
I tried to find a solution of nonlinear equation. the following is the m file: function F=find_omega_c(w) U0=4*pi*10^(-7);Ud=U0;E0=8.854*10^(-12);Ed=2.56*E0;b=0.01016;h=b/3; F=sqrt(E0/U0)*cot(w*sqrt(U0*E0)*(b-h))+sqrt(Ed/Ud)*cot(w*sqrt(Ud*Ed)*h); And then I tried to solve the equation: fsolve('find_omega_c',[7.93e+10]) Optimization terminated: first-order optimality is less than options.TolFun. ans = 7.9300e+10 Since it said *less*, I changed the value of Tolfun smaller: fsolve('find_omega_c',[7.93e+10],optimset('TolFun',1e-30)) Optimizer appears to be ...

Financial Ratio Scheme Code
I've started to put together some functions in scheme to assist in the analysis of business financial statements. Some of the functions included are earning per share, price earnings ratio, dividend yield, return on capital and such. I've done a small amount of testing in guile-1.6.8. For those who are interested, I've posted it up on the web. You can access it at: http://home.insidernewswire.com/rbc/software/scheme/ratios.scm It's far from complete. I'm just starting to test it with real data. The basic functions have been defined but there is no input validation ...

help needed with predict function
Hello! I wrote the following code: date=csvread('date.csv'); %the data variable contains 9356 lines and 2 columns %the first column contains the time the measurement took place %the second column contains the measured value a=size(date); y=iddata(date(1:fix(a(1)/2),2)); %i use the 1st half of the data to estimate the model using the ar function mod=ar(y,2); pred=predict(mod,iddata(date(:,2))); %end code Is pred(fix(a(1)/2)+1:end) really the prediction of my second half of data using the model estimated or it's just a simulation of the model? I want to predict the next 100 values...

I need ...
Hi. It is my first post on this list. I can't find (in network) some program (code) writed in assembler (16bit). This program writed some guy who was in army , and had to many free time. Program used bootsector of disc. When somebody forgot your disc from floppy disc , and restart your Pc , that on monitor was a amination (fire), and text: (I don't know exactly )."Idiot !! In floppy disc is a disc " . I remember that in bootsector was jump to last sector of disc where was a program with animation. Sorry for my English , and mistakes. ...

Need Bondi Rev A iMac motherboard swap advice
I just started using our daughter's "hand-me-down" rev A iMac and I am surprised at how well it works with OS X (192 MB RAM, 20 GB HD). However, as you probably know, the graphics chip in the Rev A (Rage IIC) is pretty slow so I started thinking about swapping in a motherboard from a Rev B, C, or D. I had the impression that the Rev A, B, C and D motherboards could be swapped interchangibly, but an ebay seller of an Rev D motherboard stated in his ad that it was only compatible with the Rev B, C or D machines. Can someone enlighten me on this issue? Can later model moth...

Questions about starting and stoping Matlab
Hey All, I am trying to fire up Matlab from a script. I have two questions about doing so: 1) When starting Matlab like this: matlab -nosplash -nojvm -nodisplay I get all this output: Warning: MATLAB is starting without a display, using internal event queue. You will not be able to display graphics on the screen. < M A T L A B > Copyright 1984-2005 The MathWorks, Inc. Version 7.1.0.183 (R14) Service Pack 3 August 02, 2005 To get started, typ...

character normalization and skew correction using matlab
Dear colleagues, I will be grateful if any one send to me a matlab code about character normalization and or character skew correction. Kind regards In article <g3ik5h$58p$1@fred.mathworks.com>, cathrine lab <lousa_br@yahoo.fr> wrote: >I will be grateful if any one send to me a matlab code >about character normalization and or character skew >correction. Would that character normalization be for Hollywood movies, Bollywood, French Cine Noir, or North American television shows? -- "Eightly percent of the people in the world are fools and the rest of us a...

Data Dictionary Tool Needed
I'm looking for a tool (hopefully inexpensive or freeware) that can accept an XML format and produce an HTML, hyperlinked data dictionary. The content of the XML is class/attribute (or table/column) information. Any ideas out there? Thanks! Quinn ...

"shared memory" sample code on VxWorks
Hello experts. Have to experience on shared memory implementation? I used vxworks v5.4 and need shared memory sample code. anticipate your reply.. thanks On Sep 25, 8:57=A0am, kevin <gun1...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello experts. > Have to experience on shared memory implementation? > I used vxworks v5.4 and need shared memory sample code. > anticipate your reply.. > > thanks Dear You ! I'm using 6.5 but I think this part of code is the same (or very close). In a kernel module I create the object (1Kbyte) with : char *Buff; { /* Create the R/W shared buffer */ i...

need LDA / PCA matlab code and tutorials
hello PCA(principal component analysis) and LDA(linear discriminate analysis) processes are used to reduce dimensionality of a vector. can anyone provide tutorials and matlab code of these techniques. thanks mahesh Have you tried searching online? There is a large amount of high-quality material available for free on the World Wide Web. Try some combination of terms such as: "dicriminant analysis" (note the correct spelling) "source code" MATLAB I have found these search engines to be especially useful: A9 (www.a9.com) AlltheWeb (www.alltheweb.com) Alta Vista (www.alt...

import stock market data into MATLAB
Hi Can anyone suggest any efficient means to importing stock market data into MATLAB. I have used Yahoo to obtain *.csv files one stock at a time. The Excel ( & AXLe.exe utility ) leaves me with different *.xls sheets for each stock which I do not know how to extract into MATLAB effciently. [ <http://www.analyzerxl.com/> ] I'm also trying to model a stock market with PPr ( Projection Pursuit Regression). <http://davis.wpi.edu/~matt/courses/nland/node4.html> Thank you Dan Dan Molnar: <SNIP snuff'o'stock-stuff... let's just hope <michael robbins&...

!!!ASSISTANCE NEEDED!!!
Dear Friend, After deliberation with my children, I decided to contact you for your assistance in standing as a beneficiary to the sum of US$15.5M(Fifteen Million,Five hundred Thousand United States Dollars Only). First, let me start by introducing myself as MRS SUSAN SHABANGU, a mother of three children and the Deputy Minister of Minerals and Energy since 1s= t April 1996 to date under the auspices of the President of South Africa MR THABO MBEKI. You can view my profile at my website www.gov.za/profiles/shabangu.htm THE PROPOSAL: After the swearing in ceremony making me the D...

Fminsearch Problem: fval>>FunTol but Matlab still says ExitFlag=1
Hi everybody, I am fighting in my PhD for months now with a problem where I have a set of complicated functions depending on two variables x1(t),x2(t) I am trying to minimize for a long time at every timestep t. I am using "fminsearch" and everything runs smoothly with "fval" being below "FunTol" for some time. But suddenly "fval" explodes and gets much larger than "FunTol". But still "Exitflag=1", so Matlab says that everything is converging although "fval >> FunTol". Even when I make "FunTol" much smalle...

Freeform database needed
I am not sure that "freeform" is the right term, but I need a database that does not use the standard table/record/field structure. I want to be able to just dump stuff into the program - text, images, URLs, etc - and then be able to locate/organize information based on keywords and logical concepts. Can anyone suggest something? -- Peter Aitken Remove the crap from my email address before using. On Tue, 06 Apr 2004 20:33:34 +0000, Peter Aitken wrote: > I am not sure that "freeform" is the right term, but I need a database > that does not use the...

[bBrowser] Please test this code, why its bBrowser freezing?
Windows 2000 Server, VO 2.6 and bBrowser 1.55 METHOD PostInit(oWindow,iCtlID,oServer,uExtra) CLASS wTEST LOCAL obServer AS bArrayServer LOCAL aStruct AS ARRAY //Put your PostInit additions here aStruct := {; {"xCode","C",13,0}; } obServer := bArrayServer{aStruct} SELF:oDCbBrowser1:Use(obServer) SELF:oDCbBrowser1:Server:append() SELF:oDCbBrowser1:Server:xCODE := "code1" SELF:oDCbBrowser1:Server:append() SELF:oDCbBrowser1:Server:xCode := "code2" SELF:oDCbBrowser1:server:ResetNotification() SELF:oDCbBrows...

Do I need TSIG for zone transfer on an intranet env?
is it too much? ACL should do the job? ...

Re: Newbie needs your help! #3
Avinash, I am not total sure why you want a data structure so abnormal as what you desribe. It seems to me that it will provide more trouble than it is worth. However, if you are insistant on such a structure here ya go: data oneb ; if eof then do ; Sex = 'Race' ; Dose1 = . ; Dose2 = . ; output ; end ; set one end = eof ; output ; run ; data three ; set oneb two (rename = (Race = sex)) ; run ; HTH Toby Dunn -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Avinash Sent: Tuesday, November 23, 2004 12:03 PM To: SAS...

Need Computer Help?
PC Dude computer Help and Discussion forums offer professional help for all your computer problems. Check us out at http://pcdude.proboards86.com Gary335 napisal(a): > PC Dude computer Help and Discussion forums offer professional help for > all your computer problems. Check us out at > http://pcdude.proboards86.com bleh ... Regards -- A=2EB - http://www.dzialkanadmorzem.pl/ http://www.realestate1.eu campingpl=E4tze in Polen urlaub in polen wetter polen Ostsee Polen dzialkanadmor...@onet.eu wrote: > Gary335 napisal(a): > > PC Dude computer Help...

Exist() in MATLAB 7.3
At work, we have just upgraded from version 2006a (7.0?) to 2006b (7.3) for Solaris. Some of my code contains !touch lock while exist('lock','file') ... end; which I wrote so that I can stop the function any time that is convenient by deleting the file 'lock'. The code works fine in 6.5 and 7.0, but no longer seems to be working in 7.3 (exist is returning 0 all the time, despite the fact that the file 'lock' is actually created... typing !ls from MATLAB confirms this, so it isn't a file server problem). Can anyone shed any light on why this is not workin...

models needed
does anyone have a decent model of a laptop and / or docking station suitable for renderings? any help would be greatly appreciated. -mr. brown ...

Matlab on an Intel Macintosh
Hello, I would like to purchase an Intel based Macintosh. However, I would like to know if MATLAB will be developed to run on an Intel Macintosh. I can't seem to find the answer to this question. Please help! Sincerely, Sarah A. Seguin ...

Administrator Needs Help!!!!!!!!!!! #2
I administor a small isp with about 1000 customers. We have sun ultra 10 300 mhz with 512mb memory. I have solaris 2.6 running, with apache, dns, sendmail, tacacs-plus running also. My problem is that this server gets really slow at times. I think we have too much running on one server. What I need to know is if I can put some of these things, like sendmail and maybe tacacs-plus on another server. I have 3 more sun ultra 10's 300's. My other problem is I only have one domain name for the isp. All mail is routed to this domain name. If I put sendmail on another server, I will h...

Urgent:help needed
Hello All, I am using Fsh,it has Python Dependecy.It uses several moduels from Python.The problem is"Select" module in missing in the list of modules available in python.So I can't import it.But the library file needed for select module ,select.sl is there in the python(I guess).If anyone has come across such problem before,if do help me.Help me in knowing how to import the select module (from python). With Advance Thanks, Prabu.S --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.712 / Virus Database: 468 -...

Asynchronous update of MATLAB figures
Hi all, I have a MATLAB GUI which is displaying some data, and I want to refresh this data asynchronously from a source external to Matlab (actually a Tcl script, which is invoking functions via tclmatlab). The way in which I am trying to do it is as follows: I keep a list as appdata in the root context. Each figure adds its handle to this list, and the handle of a function which should be called to recieve the new data. I then have another m-file which I run asynchronously, which retrieves the list from the root context, and evaluates the callback function handle, passing it the new data...

Non-volatile compiler optimizations
Hello, I'm trying to understand volatile. I have written trivial code where a variable is tested to decide whether to break early out of a loop. I've considered 4 different cases. auto variable static with function scope static with file scope external linkage AFAIU, since the abstract machine model is single threaded, if a variable is not volatile, then its value cannot change inside the loop. (Signals might be an exception?) Thus, in every case, the compiler is allowed to remove the test, because it may assume that the variable cannot change. I tested with gcc...