Need Matlab code for Constrained Particle Swarm Optimization

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Hello everyone,
    Please can anybody give me matlab code for Constrained Particle Swarm Optimization Algorithm? It is better if i get code which is using Lagrangian Multiplier in the above mentioned algorithm. Please help me.
0
Reply Santhosh 5/27/2010 6:23:15 AM

See related articles to this posting

"Santhosh " <santusapi@gmail.com> wrote in message <htl34j$jv6$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> Hello everyone,
>     Please can anybody give me matlab code for Constrained Particle Swarm Optimization Algorithm? It is better if i get code which is using Lagrangian Multiplier in the above mentioned algorithm. Please help me.

what have YOU done so far to solve YOUR particular problem...

us
0
Reply us 5/27/2010 6:29:06 AM

"us " <us@neurol.unizh.ch> wrote in message <htl3fi$b2a$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> "Santhosh " <santusapi@gmail.com> wrote in message <htl34j$jv6$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> > Hello everyone,
> >     Please can anybody give me matlab code for Constrained Particle Swarm Optimization Algorithm? It is better if i get code which is using Lagrangian Multiplier in the above mentioned algorithm. Please help me.
>
> what have YOU done so far to solve YOUR particular problem...
>
> us

I have implemented unconstrained particle swarm optimization. now i need to solve constrained. Only change in it is, i've to convert constrained to unconstrained problem and solve by using unconstrained PSO algorithm. To convert this thing, i'm thinking to use Lagrangian Multiplier. But I'm not getting how to convert it using this.
0
Reply Santhosh 5/27/2010 8:49:05 AM

"Santhosh " <santusapi@gmail.com> wrote in message <htl34j$jv6$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> Hello everyone,
>     Please can anybody give me matlab code for Constrained Particle Swarm Optimization Algorithm? It is better if i get code which is using Lagrangian Multiplier in the above mentioned algorithm. Please help me.

Santhosh,

One simple approach is to initialize particles until satisfying all constraints, and use only feasible positions when updating the personal and global bests [1].  This ensures that all starting points and points of attraction are feasible without adding much complexity to a computationally simple algorithm.

I suggest finding an efficient approach in the literature and contributing it to a community toolbox such as the Particle Swarm Optimization Research Toolbox [2].

[1] X. Hu and R. C. Eberhart, "Solving constrained nonlinear optimization problems with particle swarm optimization," in Proceedings of the Sixth World Multiconference on Systemics, Cybernetics and Informatics (SCI 2002), Orlando, 2002.
http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.14.6041&rep=rep1&type=pdf
[2] http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/28291-particle-swarm-optimization-research-toolbox
0
Reply george6044 (7) 8/17/2010 9:42:05 PM

"Santhosh " <santusapi@gmail.com> wrote in message <htlbm1$69e$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> "us " <us@neurol.unizh.ch> wrote in message <htl3fi$b2a$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> > "Santhosh " <santusapi@gmail.com> wrote in message <htl34j$jv6$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> > > Hello everyone,
> > >     Please can anybody give me matlab code for Constrained Particle Swarm Optimization Algorithm? It is better if i get code which is using Lagrangian Multiplier in the above mentioned algorithm. Please help me.
> >
> > what have YOU done so far to solve YOUR particular problem...
> >
> > us
>

> I have implemented unconstrained particle swarm optimization. now i need to solve constrained. Only change in it is, i've to convert constrained to unconstrained problem and solve by using unconstrained PSO algorithm. To convert this thing, i'm thinking to use Lagrangian Multiplier. But I'm not getting how to convert it using this.

hey...can you sent me all command lines and explanations, if you have, on this email for unconstrained PSO algorithm in Matlab.
imohler@fkit.hr

thanks
0
Reply astralisunion (1) 1/3/2012 12:09:08 PM

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

I need help with Particle Swarm Optimization
I am trying to write a program using Particle Swarm Optimization to optimizate an objective fuction with bounds and inequality constrains. Can any one help by sending a PSO code either in FORTRAN or C. Thanks [ comp.ai is moderated. To submit, just post and be patient, or if ] [ that fails mail your article to <comp-ai@moderators.isc.org>, and ] [ ask your news administrator to fix the problems with your system. ] ...

Need Help
Hi I need to find x that will minimize Ax-b=0, under the inequality constraints Cx<d. Actually the constraints in my problem are only upper and lower bounds to x values. x is 4x1 vector, A is about 100x4 (and b is of course 100x1(. What is the appropriate algorithm? Is there any C / C++ code available? I succeeded solving the non-constrained problem with SVD, but some times it give non-legal solution. Thanks a lot in advance Ariel navon2@gmail.com wrote: > Hi > I need to find x that will minimize Ax-b=0, under the inequality > constraints Cx<d. > Actually the constraints i...

Particle Swarm Optimization, Swarm Queen article,
Hi everyone, Is anyone here studying Particle Swarm Optimization (PSO)? I'm looking for someone to discuss some of the mathematical details of an article by Maurice Clerc called "The Swarm and the Queen: Towards a Deterministic and Adaptive Particle Swarm Optimization" Thanks Arvind Mohais ...

Help Needed on Matlab Code to Generate Orthogonal Codes
I am new to matlab but I need code urgently to pass my final year project. The project intends to compare Walsh-Hadamard and Gold codes. The matlab code should do the following: ---------------- PART ONE: ---------------- (1) generate random message bits (2) generate walsh-hadamard codes (3) modulate the signal (4) transmit the spreaded signal (5) plot the message and walsh-hadamard codes as rectangular pulses; also plot the spreaded signal, with labels on plots. (6) on the same figure, do the reverse, i.e plot the demodulated, de-spreaded signal, just as it was shown at the transmitter side....

Elaborate Help Needed on Matlab Code to Generate Orthogonal Codes
I am new to matlab but I need code urgently to pass my final year project. The project intends to compare Walsh-Hadamard and Gold codes. The matlab code should do the following: ------------ PART ONE: ------------ (1) generate random message bits (2) generate walsh-hadamard codes (3) modulate the signal (4) transmit the spreaded signal (5) plot the message and walsh-hadamard codes as rectangular pulses; also plot the spreaded signal, with labels on plots. (6) on the same figure, do the reverse, i.e plot the demodulated, de-spreaded signal, just as it was shown at the transmitter side. (that i...

Particle swarm optimization
Does anyone have a source code in pascal for the PSO algorithm? ...

matlab code optimization
I'm calling the built-in function spline twice on two seperate data sets, and according to the profiler it runs about 3.5x faster the second time, regardless of which way I order the lines. Why is that the case? Is something cached the first time around? The data is different, so it can't be that; is the function cached? Can I pre-cache the function before it runs to get the speed increase on the first run? ...

need for matlab code
Respected sir i am doing project on Reed_solomon codes for that i need to implement two algorithms they r Berlekamp-massey and Euclidean algorithms i wrote code for the two algorithms in c . now i am implementing in matlab i wrote it but i shows some problems. kindly send matlab code for both algorithms thanking u surendra ...

constrained optimization in Matlab
Hello, I'm interested in constrained optimization in Matlab. I have a problem with constraints in my GA. For example: min f(x) = a* x1 + b*x2 + c*x3 where lb < x1,x2,x3 < ub and x1 + x2 + x3 > d. My GA can't find optimal minimum when bound "x1 + x2 + x3 > d" is active. In all constraints I use penalty (dynamic, static) Can anyone help me, how to deal with this constraint. Thanks Czarek Nowacki Hi, Are you sure that the constraints could be satisfied together. Post your problem as it is, so I can try to figure out why it's not working. Czar...

Constrained Optimization in Matlab
Hello, I need some help in the following topic. I wish to optimize the values of a and b such that the objective function F(a,b) is minimized. I am not able to incorporate the following constraint: A>=G(a,b,x)>=B for all x in [0,L] Is their a way to implement this is MATLAB? Can such problem be converted to unconstrained problem? This is a shape optimization problem of a beam, in which, the objective function is the compliance and the constraint indicates that the width should lie between A and B throughout the length of the beam. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Dekar...

need matlab code
mat lab code for implementing phase portraits (node map) "minavathi mn" > mat lab code for implementing phase portraits (node map) Mat lab code for OMG analysis and DI4ME Oleg "minavathi mn" <minavati@yahoo.com> wrote in message <hsg958$o7n$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > mat lab code for implementing phase portraits (node map) what have YOU done so far to solve YOUR particular problem... us ...

Particle Swarm Optimization
Hi All, I was quite confused lately about the representation of position and velocity in PSO for non-real number problem... For example in school timetabling, can you help me how to represent the position and the velocity for an individual in a population? [ comp.ai is moderated. To submit, just post and be patient, or if ] [ that fails mail your article to <comp-ai@moderators.isc.org>, and ] [ ask your news administrator to fix the problems with your system. ] ...

need a matlab code
iam a final year BE student doing my project in matlab. i am in need of a matlab code for the generation of random numbers... any one could help me please provide the code or else propose some ideas. mona schreef: > iam a final year BE student doing my project in matlab. i am in need of a matlab code for the generation of random numbers... > > any one could help me please provide the code or else propose some ideas. help rand help randn These functions do the job for you... Jeroen ...

Optimizing MATLAB code
Is there a way to figure out which lines of MATLAB code a program is spending the most time on? I want to know this to try to optimize my code to run faster. Thanks! Hello Charles, have a look at the profiler, it does wht you are looking for! Michael help profile Charles W wrote: > Is there a way to figure out which lines of MATLAB code a program is > spending the most time on? I want to know this to try to optimize my > code to run faster. > > Thanks! "Ben Barrowes" <barrowes@alum.mit.edu> wrote in message news:40c5e404$1_5@news3.es.net... > help p...

Matlab
Dear All, I am strugling with my algorithm to work fast enough. Is there any possibility to make this work faster in matlab? Thank you very much for any advice: function o = netoutput( vw, in, n ) % n - number of hidden neurons % vw - weights string % in - input neurons values sIn = max( size( in, 2 ) ); % number of input neurons Y = in'; k = 1; j = 1; for i = sIn : sIn + n - 1 tmp = sum(vw( k : k + i -1 )'.*Y ); k = k + i; tmp = exp( 2 * tmp ); tmp = ( tmp - 1 )./ ( tmp + 1 ); Y( i+1, 1 ) = tmp; j = j + 1; end o = Y( end, 1 ); J...

particle swarm optimization
Hi any one doing any work on clustering using particle swarm optimization(PSO). i am interested to apply the PSO to data clustering. could any body discuss with me. bye suresh ...

Particle Swarm Optimization
Triggered by a (German) C't article, last week I experimented a bit with Particle Swarm Optimization. The original C++ code accompanying the article is *completely unreadable* (64 apparently auto-generated files without a clear centre, and providing zero insight), so I reimplemented the algorithm from the article description and Googled references: http://www.gamasutra.com/features/20051213/villiers_01.shtml http://cirg.cs.up.ac.za/visitPage.php?pageID=resgroups&groupID=swarms&showContent=publications . Unfortunately, I found the results quite unconvincing. The number of ca...

MATLAB CODE FOR OPTIMIZATION
I want to use seeker and Partical Swan optimization on ct scan image of a liver to detect the tumor.Please give me a help to start this work. ...

Matlab Constrained Optimization
I have an optimization problem to find the MLE estimates of a statistical model. There are certain restrictions on the parameter of the process (i.e. GARCH(1,1,) process) such that the likelihood is well defined. Since they are linear constraints, there are several ways I can impose them: 1. Use the A and B in the fmincon 2. Use the nonlinear constraint function does anyone have any experience regarding which one of them works better in general? Thanks, Sam Sam Cheung <SCheung11@gsb.columbia.edu> wrote in message <11529315.1217347340283.JavaMail.jakarta@nitrogen.mathforum.org&g...

particle swarm optimization.
I am doing my project in circuit partitioning using pso.i am having basic pso algorithm matlab code.I don't know how to add matrix in pso code and to calculate delay and cut sets.anyone help me with this. ...

particle swarm optimizer
Anyone know newsgroup about particle swarm optimizer(PSO)? I want to get someone discuss about it.But I don't know which group I must choose, and I haven't found anyone talk about it. Who help me then? "Martin zhang" <wwwzhangjun@sohu.com> wrote: > Anyone know newsgroup about particle swarm optimizer(PSO)? I want to get > someone discuss about it.But I don't know which group I must choose, and I > haven't found anyone talk about it. Who help me then? Three groups seem to cover the topic, this search finds all of what has been said: h...

Re: need help,need fast adaptive QR-RLS algorithm matlab code!
i m from S.R.K.R. Engg. college from Andhra University. i need matlab code for QR-RLS algorithm please help me as quickly as possible regards, naresh hello friends, Do not be like stupids. Once it is your project that fetches some in your career, put some efforts to write code. For that, if you need help ask the guidenace from the Guru's. Before coming to this groups , search some thing in Google. Best Regards, Sathish Athreya "naresh" <ursnaresh_p@yahoo.co.in> wrote in message news:jjv4aws3xevn@legacy... > i m from S.R.K.R. Engg. college from Andhra Un...

CFP: NABIC09: Recent Advances in the development Particle Swarm Optimization for Global Optimization Problems
World Congress on Nature and Biologically Inspired Computing (NaBIC'09), Coimbatore, India, Special Session on Recent Advances in the development Particle Swarm Optimization for Global Optimization Problems Most of the real life problems occurring in the field of science and engineering may be modeled as nonlinear optimization problems, which may be Unimodal or multimodal. Multimodal problems are generally considered more difficult to solve because of the presence of several local and global optima. Generally the user is interested in determining the global solution of the problem. Parti...

3-d optimization with Sigmonds 'A 99 line topology optimization code written in Matlab'
does anyone know how to optimize 3-d structures using this code which can be found at http://www.topopt.dtu.dk/files/matlab.pdf if you are unfamiliar with it. any help would be much appreciated. Regards Justin "Justin Perry" <perry_282@hotmail.com> wrote in message <hnb64e$a60$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > does anyone know how to optimize 3-d structures using this code which can be found at http://www.topopt.dtu.dk/files/matlab.pdf if you are unfamiliar with it. > > any help would be much appreciated. > > Regards > > Justin I ...