Need Matlab code for Constrained Particle Swarm Optimization

Hello everyone,
    Please can anybody give me matlab code for Constrained Particle Swarm Optimization Algorithm? It is better if i get code which is using Lagrangian Multiplier in the above mentioned algorithm. Please help me.
0
Santhosh
5/27/2010 6:23:15 AM
comp.soft-sys.matlab 210422 articles. 11 followers. lunamoonmoon (258) is leader. Post Follow

"Santhosh " <santusapi@gmail.com> wrote in message <htl34j$jv6$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> Hello everyone,
>     Please can anybody give me matlab code for Constrained Particle Swarm Optimization Algorithm? It is better if i get code which is using Lagrangian Multiplier in the above mentioned algorithm. Please help me.

what have YOU done so far to solve YOUR particular problem...

us
0
us
5/27/2010 6:29:06 AM
"us " <us@neurol.unizh.ch> wrote in message <htl3fi$b2a$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> "Santhosh " <santusapi@gmail.com> wrote in message <htl34j$jv6$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> > Hello everyone,
> >     Please can anybody give me matlab code for Constrained Particle Swarm Optimization Algorithm? It is better if i get code which is using Lagrangian Multiplier in the above mentioned algorithm. Please help me.
>
> what have YOU done so far to solve YOUR particular problem...
>
> us

I have implemented unconstrained particle swarm optimization. now i need to solve constrained. Only change in it is, i've to convert constrained to unconstrained problem and solve by using unconstrained PSO algorithm. To convert this thing, i'm thinking to use Lagrangian Multiplier. But I'm not getting how to convert it using this.
0
Santhosh
5/27/2010 8:49:05 AM
"Santhosh " <santusapi@gmail.com> wrote in message <htl34j$jv6$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> Hello everyone,
>     Please can anybody give me matlab code for Constrained Particle Swarm Optimization Algorithm? It is better if i get code which is using Lagrangian Multiplier in the above mentioned algorithm. Please help me.

Santhosh,

One simple approach is to initialize particles until satisfying all constraints, and use only feasible positions when updating the personal and global bests [1].  This ensures that all starting points and points of attraction are feasible without adding much complexity to a computationally simple algorithm.

I suggest finding an efficient approach in the literature and contributing it to a community toolbox such as the Particle Swarm Optimization Research Toolbox [2].

[1] X. Hu and R. C. Eberhart, "Solving constrained nonlinear optimization problems with particle swarm optimization," in Proceedings of the Sixth World Multiconference on Systemics, Cybernetics and Informatics (SCI 2002), Orlando, 2002.
http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.14.6041&rep=rep1&type=pdf
[2] http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/28291-particle-swarm-optimization-research-toolbox
"Santhosh " <santusapi@gmail.com> wrote in message <htlbm1$69e$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> "us " <us@neurol.unizh.ch> wrote in message <htl3fi$b2a$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> > "Santhosh " <santusapi@gmail.com> wrote in message <htl34j$jv6$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> > > Hello everyone,
> > >     Please can anybody give me matlab code for Constrained Particle Swarm Optimization Algorithm? It is better if i get code which is using Lagrangian Multiplier in the above mentioned algorithm. Please help me.
> >
> > what have YOU done so far to solve YOUR particular problem...
> >
> > us
>

> I have implemented unconstrained particle swarm optimization. now i need to solve constrained. Only change in it is, i've to convert constrained to unconstrained problem and solve by using unconstrained PSO algorithm. To convert this thing, i'm thinking to use Lagrangian Multiplier. But I'm not getting how to convert it using this.

hey...can you sent me all command lines and explanations, if you have, on this email for unconstrained PSO algorithm in Matlab.
imohler@fkit.hr

thanks

MATLAB algorithm to MATLAB function code or C code
hallo firends, Can any body help me write this below code into MATLAB object oriented code or C code form please? M=50; % total number of periods. (choose for 1s duration) f0 = 50; % fundamental AC frequency T0 = 1/f0; %fundamental AC period T = M*T0; %Time for M periods (integer M) N=30; % sample points per period. dt = T0/N; % Sample at N points per period (integer N > 20) t = dt*[1:M*N-1]; % Sampling time array A0=120/2; % amplitude of AC signal. Divide by 2 or maybe sqrt (2) ? AC=A0*sin(f0*t*2*pi); % create AC signal. DC0=50; % DC amplitude DC=DC0*ones(1,length(t)); % create a DC signal that is constant of length t S=AC+DC; % total signal is AC signal + DC signal figure(1); plot(t,S); % plot signal. xlabel('time');ylabel('Signal'); title('Total Signal'); % filter components fAC=S-mean(S); % here is the AC component fDC=mean(S); % here is the DC component figure(2); plot(t,fAC,'r',t,fDC,'b'); % plot AC and DC signals legend('AC','DC'); xlabel('time');ylabel('Signal'); title('Signal with only AC component'); figure(3); plot(t,fDC,'b'); % plot DC signal legend('DC'); xlabel('time');ylabel('Signal'); title('Signal with only DC component'); figure(4); % best to plot in Fourier domain u=abs(fftshift(fft(S))); NumPoints=length(t); freq=(1/dt)*[1:NumPoints]/NumPoints; % create frequency axis freq=fre...

converting c++ code to Matlab code using Matlab 9
im working on a project using matlab. i want to use some of the already writen codes in C++. i want to use these codes in my project rather than writing them from scratch. is there some way or a chunk of code that might convert C++ code to matlab code or a ".c" file to ".m" file. please if anyone knows do let me know at the earliest.thanks "fatima " <fatima_naseem2002@yahoo.com> wrote in message <i8ugqn$e9p$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > im working on a project using matlab. i want to use some of the already writen codes in C++. i want to use these c...

'Matlab Code' to 'Embedded Matlab fun code'
Dear friends, I have a Matlab code to process a pure analog signal 'u'. Now I want to implement it in Simulink and I want to use it in 'Embedded Matlab fun block' so i need to transform 'Matlab code' to 'Embedded Matlab fun code' to perform the task. The Matlab code is as follows: %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% u_abs = abs(u); major_th = 1.5e-1; minor_th = 1.8e-2; major_peak_value = []; minor_peak_value = []; pos = 1; pos_max = 1; while ~isempty(pos) [m pos_max(end+1)] = max( u_abs( pos : pos + 10) ); pos...

Need matlab code for cosine-modulated filter banks using weighted constrained-least-squares filters.
Want matlab code for cosine-modulated filter banks using weighted constrained-least-squares filters.Given algorithm is in link provided below https://www.dropbox.com/s/qjerwii1teizwdf/A%20simple%20design%20method%20for%20the%20cosine-modulated%20filter%20banks%20using.pdf?dl=0 ...

constrained optimization in Matlab
Hello, I'm interested in constrained optimization in Matlab. I have a problem with constraints in my GA. For example: min f(x) = a* x1 + b*x2 + c*x3 where lb < x1,x2,x3 < ub and x1 + x2 + x3 > d. My GA can't find optimal minimum when bound "x1 + x2 + x3 > d" is active. In all constraints I use penalty (dynamic, static) Can anyone help me, how to deal with this constraint. Thanks Czarek Nowacki Hi, Are you sure that the constraints could be satisfied together. Post your problem as it is, so I can try to figure out why it's not working. Czar...

need for matlab code
Respected sir i am doing project on Reed_solomon codes for that i need to implement two algorithms they r Berlekamp-massey and Euclidean algorithms i wrote code for the two algorithms in c . now i am implementing in matlab i wrote it but i shows some problems. kindly send matlab code for both algorithms thanking u surendra ...

Optimizing MATLAB code
Is there a way to figure out which lines of MATLAB code a program is spending the most time on? I want to know this to try to optimize my code to run faster. Thanks! Hello Charles, have a look at the profiler, it does wht you are looking for! Michael help profile Charles W wrote: > Is there a way to figure out which lines of MATLAB code a program is > spending the most time on? I want to know this to try to optimize my > code to run faster. > > Thanks! "Ben Barrowes" <barrowes@alum.mit.edu> wrote in message news:40c5e404$1_5@news3.es.net... > help p...

MATLAB CODE FOR OPTIMIZATION
I want to use seeker and Partical Swan optimization on ct scan image of a liver to detect the tumor.Please give me a help to start this work. ...

need a matlab code
iam a final year BE student doing my project in matlab. i am in need of a matlab code for the generation of random numbers... any one could help me please provide the code or else propose some ideas. mona schreef: > iam a final year BE student doing my project in matlab. i am in need of a matlab code for the generation of random numbers... > > any one could help me please provide the code or else propose some ideas. help rand help randn These functions do the job for you... Jeroen ...

need matlab code
mat lab code for implementing phase portraits (node map) "minavathi mn" > mat lab code for implementing phase portraits (node map) Mat lab code for OMG analysis and DI4ME Oleg "minavathi mn" <minavati@yahoo.com> wrote in message <hsg958$o7n$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > mat lab code for implementing phase portraits (node map) what have YOU done so far to solve YOUR particular problem... us ...

code of matlab 7a not working in matlab 2009
I wrote a code in matlab 7a andand it was working over there then i changed computer which was having matlab realease 2009a and it is not working If i install Matlab 7 release 14, will my code work again thanks "moonman" wrote in message <ipmsl7$23v$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > I wrote a code in matlab 7a andand it was working over there > then i changed computer which was having matlab realease 2009a and it is not working > > If i install Matlab 7 release 14, will my code work again thanks Can you be more specific about the fact that your code is not working in...

Re: need help,need fast adaptive QR-RLS algorithm matlab code!
i m from S.R.K.R. Engg. college from Andhra University. i need matlab code for QR-RLS algorithm please help me as quickly as possible regards, naresh hello friends, Do not be like stupids. Once it is your project that fetches some in your career, put some efforts to write code. For that, if you need help ask the guidenace from the Guru's. Before coming to this groups , search some thing in Google. Best Regards, Sathish Athreya "naresh" <ursnaresh_p@yahoo.co.in> wrote in message news:jjv4aws3xevn@legacy... > i m from S.R.K.R. Engg. college from Andhra Un...

powell optimization code in matlab
hi plz send me code of powell optimization as soon as possible. i will b gr8ful to u. Hi! In the moment I haven't received it yet. If I get it I will forward it. Please do the same if you get it first. Thanks. Andreja Andreja J wrote: > > > Hi! > > In the moment I haven't received it yet. If I get it I will forward > it. > > Please do the same if you get it first. > Thanks. > > Andreja Gosh, this must be a homework assignment. So, rather than sit on your hands waiting for it to magically appear, why not write it? John ...

Call C code from Matlab -> Matlab crash
Hello, I have a problem calling C code from Matlab. The mex file compilation is ok. When I run the program Matlab (7.3) crashes. Below is the mexFunction code. Any idea is welcome. (I think the main part of the code (middle part) is not useful for the crash problem, but I put it anyway). //########################################################### #include "math.h" #include "mex.h" void mexFunction (int nlhs, mxArray *plhs[], int nrhs, const mxArray *prhs[]) { // Standard variables int p,r,h,i,j,f,w; // Indices for loop int MAX_NBM = 1000; int MAX_DIM = 10; int MAX_NB_CLUST = 20; double *SF, *km, *new_data; int size, dim, K, nbm, aux_size, count_bis, count_aux; double diam_max, diam, vec1_p, vec2_p, dist_min, dis; int combi[1000000][2]; int dist_aux[1000000][2]; /* Check for proper number of arguments. */ if (nrhs != 5) { mexErrMsgTxt("5 input required."); } else if (nlhs > 1) { mexErrMsgTxt("Too many output arguments"); } // Input parameter (MATLAB) new_data = mxGetPr(prhs[0]); size = (int)mxGetScalar(prhs[1]); dim = (int)mxGetScalar(prhs[2]); K = (int)mxGetScalar(prhs[3]); km = mxGetPr(prhs[4]); // Output parameter (MATLAB) plhs[0] = mxCreateDoubleMatrix(1,1,mxREAL); SF = mxGetPr(plhs[0]); // Other variables nbm = size/dim; // Number of points printf("Taille: %d\n",nbm); printf("Dimension: %d\n",dim); //#############################...

[Ann] Matlab Snippets : now with matlab code coloring
Hi all, My Matlab Snippets website has been upgraded with code coloring ( syntax highlighting ) http://xtargets.com/snippets/ Now when you enter matlab code into snippets the resulting web page is beautifully highlighted. Have a look at http://xtargets.com/snippets/tag/function for many examples. Cheers Brad -- Brad Phelan Share Matlab Code Snippets Online http://xtargets.com/snippets All, I've added a new service to my web site. A Matlab Code Colorer or syntax highlighter. You can access the service here http://xtargets.com/codecandy/ Just enter any matlab code and press th...

Filterbanks Matlab code needed
Hello everyone, My name is Gehan Mustafa, I am preparing my masters thesis in Cocktail party speech segragation, which also uses speech recognition. I desperately need a matlab code for filterbanks processing of speech signals(Any filterbank, and if anyone has built a bark scaled filter bank, its preferable for me) Thanks in advance, Gehan.M.Kamel Gehan Mustafa Kamel wrote: > > > Hello everyone, > My name is Gehan Mustafa, I am preparing my masters thesis in > Cocktail party speech segragation, which also uses speech > recognition. I desperately need a matlab code for f...

Need help for a matlab mini project

Converting Matlab code to C using Matlab Compiler
Hello All, Please can I get some guidance on how to Convert a structure from Matlab code to C code using Matlab Compiler. Kind regards Sammy ...

urgent help needed: serial transmission from matlab to matlab
hi. really need help. i've to transmit an image serially between two computers using matlab on both transmitting and receiving ends. i've encoded the image into binary. been facing problems with the transmission when i used the command fprintf. when i executed that, i got a warning saying timeout occurred before terminator was reached. plus the receiving matlab hangs. i was told to save the binary packet into m-files then transmit the file over. how do i do that? is there a command to save and retrieve binary packets into and from m-files? i really need to get this done asap.thank you....

Need spiht code for matlab
Hi friends, I am in need of SPIHT source code in matlab. Kindly let me know how to get it or where to find the code. Thanks,Archana ...

Call C code from Matlab -> Matlab crash #2
Hello, I have a problem calling C code from Matlab. The mex file compilation is ok. When I run the program Matlab (7.3) crashes. Below is the mexFunction code. Any idea is welcome. (I think the main part of the code (middle part) is not useful for the crash problem, but I put it anyway). //########################################################### #include "math.h" #include "mex.h" void mexFunction (int nlhs, mxArray *plhs[], int nrhs, const mxArray *prhs[]) { // Standard variables int p,r,h,i,j,f,w; // Indices for loop int MAX_NBM = 1000; int MAX_DIM = 10; in...

Need help running a matlab code
First off let me start off by saying I am not a programmer nor do I have any experience with programming. I want to run a matlab code but for some reason I dont think its doing what its suppose to and I get an error message. Message error: Error approximating the spectrogram (synthesis as in [1]): 177935.0959 Error approximating the spectrogram (synthesis as in [2]) (optimal): 171449.8023 Im trying to run a matlab program from this (http://mtg.upf.edu/static/mass/software/index.htm) website which is suppose to do source separation. When I load the "start_demo" 2 graphs load up but...

Need help with some MATLAB coding problems
I have the following problems and no idea where to begin: 1) The function takes one string that contains two words separated by a space and returns true if the two words are identical (case sensitive).Otherwise, it should return false. Test Case: out1 = compareTwo('winner winner') out1 -> true 2) The function takes in a string which is a sentence of upper and lower case letters. The function then removes the upper case letters to reveal a secret message. The result should not contain any upper case letters. The result may contain lower case letters, spaces and numbers. Test Case: ...

need full description for MATLAB code
if anyone know the full description for the MATLAB code ,please send me. On Dec 29, 3:29=A0am, chinni <sravanthi.s...@gmail.com> wrote: > if anyone know the full description for the MATLAB code ,please send > me. ------------------------- OK, it's on its way by ovenight express delivery. It will be on your doorstep tomorrow. Good luck with that! On Dec 29, 2:29=A0am, chinni <sravanthi.s...@gmail.com> wrote: > if anyone know the full description for the MATLAB code ,please send > me. What do you mean by a full description for the MATLAB code? Do you have a spec...

Web resources about - Need Matlab code for Constrained Particle Swarm Optimization - comp.soft-sys.matlab

Local Search Optimization - Your Business First - Local SEO
Local Search Optimization provides accurate, reliable local search results guaranteed to connect your business first to high value customers ...

Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Journal
Writing by Nick Stamoulis SEO is a marathon, not a sprint. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again—SEO is a slow, ongoing process that you ...

Web Site Optimization: Speed Up Your Site website optimization web speed optimize web site performance ...
Website optimization speeds up slow web sites, increases website traffic, and improves conversion rates. Our web optimization services increase ...

Optimization Online
is a repository of e-prints about optimization and related topics . Submissions to are moderated by a team of volunteer coordinators . Coordinators ...

SEO, Search Engine Optimization, SEO Optimisation Company : SearchEngineOptimization.co.uk
Search Engine Optimization Services from the UK's leading SEO company. Try our Search Engine Optimisation Services and increase your rankings. ...

No free lunch in search and optimization - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The problem is to rapidly find a solution among candidates a, b, and c that is as good as any other, where goodness is either 0 or 1. There are ...

App Store Optimization
App Store Optimization (ASO) is the first step to succeed in mobile app marketing. ASO helps your...

INFOGRAPHIC: 9 Steps Toward Facebook Graph Search Optimization
With Facebook’s Graph Search rolling out to users in the U.S. , it’s time for page administrators to start thinking about how their pages can ...

Netflix for iOS updated w/ iPad Pro optimization, peek & pop support, more
... The update bumps the app to version 8.0 and includes auto-play support for iPhone users, 3D Touch support, and iPad Pro display optimization. ...

Intel’s ‘Tick-Tock’ Seemingly Dead, Becomes ‘Process-Architecture-Optimization’
... by the wayside for the next two lithographic nodes at a minimum, to be replaced with a three element cycle known as ‘Process-Architecture-Optimization’. ...