Need some help regarding reading in data files

The DAQ software that I use exports data in a csv file.  I've managed
to read in the data file and have done my post-processing on it.

However...

There have been times where I have run DAQ sessions where there are
100,000+ samples taken and when the DAQ software exports the data,
there are at least 15 columns of data.  Depending on what type of
post-processing I do, I only need a few columns.

What I would like to be able to include in my code is:

1. For the user to select the csv that they wish to import.
2. Read in the first 10 lines of the csv and display the column
headings and a few lines of sample data in a preview window.
3. Have checkboxes above each column so the user can select which
columns will be imported into Matlab.

The csv file will not always have the same number of columns.

Can anyone help me with this?

Regards,

Tim

0