Neural Network Control

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Hi..Im new to NN. I have to design a NN control for dc motor for my
project. I dont know how to start. Simple simulation using Matlab?
Anyone? Maybe feedforward control will do buy how about my network?
Any available tools?
I also read papers that say inputs to the network will be w(k),
w(k-1), w(k-2)..how to implement this? delay??

Help.
0
Reply ctwex1950 (2) 12/28/2005 9:03:40 AM

See related articles to this posting

neural network predictiver controller in neural network toolbox
I got some question that would like to ask about the minimizaton routine in neural network predictive controller in neural network toolbox. 1. Is there any method to calculate the control signal which minimize the performance index beside using Simulink? Any Matlab command which is relevant for minimization of performance index? 2. What is the teory for minimization routine like csrchbac? Is there any reference that I can refer? I am looking forward for any reply from any other Matlab user. Thank you very much for spending your time to read my message. Thanks again. Hi, G.H.Heng you work ...

Neural Network Control of Robot
I'm trying to simulate a multi-link robot arm controlled using a NN with simulink. I've tried to use the same structure as the NN demo, but it doesn't seem to support multiple inputs / multiple outputs. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks. ...

Neural Network controller 417743
I am using a simple feedback control loop having a PID controller with the output of the controller (control signal) being fed to the plant. The input of the controller is the error (difference between the actual output and the reference output). I want to replace the PID controller with a 2 layer neural network controller ,whose weights i am training using backpropogation. When I update the weights while training I require the value of the desired control signal according to backpropogation as follows- new weight= old weight + (learning rate *e*input) where e= desired control signal - ...

Neural Network flight control
http://www.neural-robotics.com See the multimedia section of our website to download flight videos of the AutoCopter in action. Neural control modules drive the guidance & control sections of the flight control system. -- Michael Fouche, CEO / Chief Engineer Neural Robotics, Inc. 3077-A Leeman Ferry Road Huntsville, Alabama 35801 (256) 881 - 6331 Office (256) 655 - 7480 Cell WEB: http://www.neural-robotics.com ...

elman neural network controller
hi i wonder if anybody can help me by using an elman neural network for controlling a nonlinear and unstable plant? how can i use it as an online controller? is there any way to use plant jacobian in the elman network in MATLAB NN TOOLBOX? i greatly appreciate your help.please let me know by email if u can anyhow help me. yours: payam amani p_amani@yahoo.com ...

Neural Network controller 383156
Hi all, I have a plant that is controlled by PIDs. Now I want to use Neural Net controller istead of PIDs. I have taken input (error signal) and output of PID which is input to the plant and trained the network made by using mlp() function in netlab toolbox. The problem is that when I use mlpfwd() to calculate output, it contains a lot of error and the system can not be controlled. I have changed options values, options(2) upto 1e-12 and option(3) also to about the same and have changed other options as well. Iteration cycles upto 10000 but without any luck. Any help? Thank you. ...

neural networks with optimal control
Hello all, Has anyone a simple matlab example on how to use the neural networks with an optimal control problem ? any example or any web link will be appreciated . Best Regards David any help please ? ...

optimal control with neural networks
Hello all, Has anyone a simple matlab example on how to use the neural networks with an optimal control problem ? any example or any web link will be appreciated . Best Regards David any help please ? any help ??? ...

Neural network controller #2
Hi guys.....I m working on making a neural controller for my inverted pendulum system......whose equations are y(k+2)-2.115*y(k+1)+0.9989*y(k)=-0.0574*x(k+1)-0.0574*x(k) I have tried to make a neural controller myself in MATLAB...but cant able to see it work.Can somebody help me in solving this problem.I hav e uploaded the .m file i have made my controller with one hidden layer and one with two hidden layer. i have uploaded the file with two hidd en layer on this link. <http://www.megaupload.com/?d=379CV9RY> with one hidden layer on this link <http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QKM546...

elman neural network controller
hi i wonder if anybody can help me by using an elman neural network for controlling a nonlinear and unstable plant? how can i use it as an online controller? is there any way to use plant jacobian in the elman network in MATLAB NN TOOLBOX? i greatly appreciate your help.please let me know by email if u can anyhow help me. yours: payam amani p_amani@yahoo.com ...

neural network controller query
Hi... I'm working on feedback error learning controller based on neural network, but I'm so new to this. I had done some coding but until now the error while learning does not converge to zero. Does anyone know about this or can recommend any good reference or person? I really need some help. Thank you very much. ...

Multivariable Neural Network Control
Hi I am looking to implement a MIMO (multiple Input and Output) controller in simulink similar to the CSTR example (matlab demo). Unfortunately these blocks do not work for MIMO systems. I am looking to implement a simple system quickly (i.e. I dont want to get too involved in writing new blocks etc. Also Neural Networks are not my area of expertise. I am merely looking to compare NN control to say MPC control. Thanks in advance ...

neural network controller #3
Hi all, I want to use neural network controller. Currently the plant is controlled by PIDs and working perfectly. Now I want to use neural net controllers to control the plant. Please help with it. How should I start?? "Abdullah " <abdullahumer@yahoo.com> wrote in message <hi7h41$lok$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > Hi all, > I want to use neural network controller. Currently the plant is controlled by PIDs and working perfectly. Now I want to use neural net controllers to control the plant. > Please help with it. How should I start?? Can someone please help me wit...

help with neural network in control
hello all, I have a control system of wind turbine that uses the PI controller to control the active and the reactive power. I want to replace the PI controller in the control system with a neural network controller. I am a new to neural networks. Could you please help me solving this problem? Any help will be appreciated . Thanks in advance Best regards "Hussam HAROUN" wrote in message <jmp9n4$fk3$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > hello all, > I have a control system of wind turbine that uses the PI controller to control the active and the reactive po...

probelm with neural networks controller
hi friends iam working in power factor correction using nn but iam unable to find the input vectors and weight functions and how to adjust weights in the nn i want implement the multi layer feed forward network but iam unable to find the input layers hidden layers and how to give the inputs and how to adjusts the weights ...

elman neural network controller #2
hi i wonder if anybody can help me by using an elman neural network for controlling a nonlinear and unstable plant? how can i use it as an online controller? is there any way to use plant jacobian in the elman network in MATLAB NN TOOLBOX? i greatly appreciate your help.please let me know by email if u can anyhow help me. yours: payam amani p_amani@yahoo.com ...

Neural networks for Call Admission Control
Hi, I need some Matlab resources in which there is an implementation of Call Admission Control Algorithms using Neural Networks. Any help and guidance in this direction would be highly appreciated. Regards, Abul "Abul Bashar" <bashar-kfupm@gmail.com> wrote in message news:hstop0$57n$1@fred.mathworks.com... > Hi, > > I need some Matlab resources in which there is an implementation of Call > Admission Control Algorithms using Neural Networks. > > Any help and guidance in this direction would be highly appreciated. That seems like a ve...

help!! neural network predictive controller
i'm trying to make use of the neural network predictive controller block to control my own custom plant (siso). i've trained the nn controller with my plant's sample input-ouput data and the process was fine. however, when i run the simulation, the control variable coming out of the controller is always in the range of 0-4, which is so in the nn-mpc demo as well. my question is: is the nn predictive controller block useful other than the demo with the stirred tank itself? are there any hardcoded constrains inside the controller blocks? appreciate any help! ...

Neural Networks for Model Predictive Control
In the manual for the Neural Network Toolbox, some examples for using NN for control applications are presented. The implemented demos deal with Single-Input, Single-Output (SISO) systems. Has somebody extended these codes to MIMO(Multiple-Input, Multiple-Output)-systems? Anybody knows how this can be accomplished? ...

control the epochs while training a neural network
I am trying to train a BP neural network with the following codes. I mean to run the iterations for 1000 epochs. However, when the net.trainParam.goal = 0 is achieved, the training process will stop, which is much less than 1000. How can I set some parameters so that I can train the neural network for 1000 times. I can to plot MSE VS. epoch. Thanks! %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% clear all; close all; clc; % Number of Inputs(n), Outputs(r) and neurons in hidden layer(m) n = 1; r = 1; m = 12; % Number of training values (epochs) epochs = 1000; % Input value range x_min = -1; x_max =...

control the epochs while training a neural network #2
I am trying to train a BP neural network with the following codes. I mean to run the iterations for 1000 epochs. However, when the net.trainParam.goal = 0 is achieved, the training process will stop, which is much less than 1000. How can I set some parameters so that I can train the neural network for 1000 times. I can to plot MSE VS. epoch. Thanks! %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% clear all; close all; clc; % Number of Inputs(n), Outputs(r) and neurons in hidden layer(m) n = 1; r = 1; m = 12; % Number of training values (epochs) epochs = 1000; % Input value range x_min = -1; x_max =...

neural network predictive control demo (predcstr)
Hi, I've tried several times to use the 'Neural Network Predictive Control of a Continous Stirred Tank Reactor' demo (just type: predcstr), but i failed to successfully tune the controller. Is it a bug ?, or am I missing some configuration options/settings? Has anyone already succeeded? What were the parameters? Thanks in advance, ...

Genertion of training data for Neural Network Control
Hi everyone, Im a undergrad student. My final year project is regarding Neural Network control of Inverted Pendulum. Im struck with generation of data for my system. How do I get that? -Srikanth ...

help!!