neural network in simulink

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

i am doing nn control of lti plant in simulink.
my question is how we can train nn controller in simulink?
i am not using nn controller is giving in nn tool box  but i made different type of nn controller in the simulink . but how to train it?
 thanks in advance.
0
Reply vishal 3/29/2010 9:14:09 AM

See related articles to this posting

neural networks in simulink
how to import a neural network model programmed in a M file to Simulink for doing simulation with continuous time signals. ...

Neural Network simulink
Hello Friends My question is related to neural network. Can we create feedforward backpropagation network by using on simulink blocks. In Simulink Library Browser some blocks are given for Transfer function etc. I dont know how to use these blocks to create neural network. any suggestion or example will be deeply appreciated Thanks kuldeep kuldeep kulkarni wrote: > > > Hello Friends > > My question is related to neural network. Can we create feedforward > backpropagation network by using on simulink blocks. In Simulink > Library Browser some blocks are given for Transfer...

Simulink of Neural Networks
Dear Sir I am Mr. Ahmad Jadaan. I just finished my M.Sc. degree from University of Technology-Baghdad - Iraq .My thesis mainly concentrate on using Neuro-controllers for nonlinear systems ( especially time-delayed systems). I need a suuport or a software on using Neural Networks in simulink block, where i designe multi model but faild to do the requirments. Thanks alot for your cooperation. Mr. A. Jadaan Technical College/ Mosul-IRAQ ...

Neural network in simulink #2
hi,how to get neural network simulink blocks..i have matlab2009a here control boxs r less..i want details about matlab simulinks using neural networks...send any idea or links or projects details.. "Prabha haran" <anandgub@gmail.com> wrote in message news:h7frot$gp0$1@fred.mathworks.com... > hi,how to get neural network simulink blocks. These blocks are part of Neural Network Toolbox. You can check if you have this toolbox installed using the VER function; if you don't have it installed, you will not be able to use the blocks it contains without installing it (pu...

Simulink Neural Network Modelling
hi...I am my M.Tech. project now, and for this I need first to build a Neural Network based Simulink model. The training data is available. I need to give different nominal as well as faulty patterns of data to the model so that it can classify later a new dataset as good or faulty. I am new to Simulink. So can anyone please help me with: 1. Which block in Neural Network Toolbox will be most suitable for my work 2. How to give training data in the form of 2-3 diemensional arrays,if in the form of structure,then how to make the model take successive data in the structure to train. ...

Traing Neural Networks with Simulink
Is it possible to train a Neural network after transfering it to Simulink..If so please explain how it is done... Thank you ...

using neural network in simulink
hi hope any one can help, after training my neural network i want to use it in a simulink program and i want to know what is the essential network parameters which i need to construct my network in simulink also is the sampling time of the simulink program affect the performance of the neural network thaks ...

Neural Network in Simulink #3
Dear All, I'm using Neural Network toolbox in Matlab. After I have trained it, I would like to test the network with the optimal weights obtained in Simulink. My NN block acts here as an current estimator (regression problem). Anyone has experience with Neural Network in Simulink? Or can I call the ANN functions (newff,...) in Simulink? Thank you for your help. Best, Qasim "Moh'd Qasim" <eng.mqasim@gmail.com> wrote in message news:jr2c37$jce$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com... > Dear All, > I'm using Neural Network toolbox in Matlab. After...

problem with neural network implementation in simulink
Hi, i am trying to implement neural network in simulink. i already converted my neural network into simulink block using command gensim. now, the problem is that i have 84 inputs (84 time samples from a source which is sum of sinusoids) . how can i connect my source to neural network inputs? should i add some block in between? please help. thanks. ...

Generating simulink block for Neural Network
I am tring to generate a simulink block which behaves like a PID controller.For this reason I generated a block diagram which contains a PID controller and a plant. I took data form block diagram such as: error, derivative of error and control signal. I trained network with newff command and at the end of training R=0.98. Everything is fine until this step. After that I want to put my network instead of PID controller. I used gensim(net) command and generated network block. I put the block into the diagram and run it. Unfortunately my network did not work correctly. I don't know that...

Improving Neural Network performance SIMULINK
I am using a NARX model to control a plant(1) that controls another plant(2) in simulink environment. I am training the NARX model in closed loop form with L-M training function. I have 3 inputs and 1 output. The first input is a known variable, the second input comes from the first plant the third input from the (2) plant. With training with 10 neurons and 1:2 feedback delays i get very good performnce with errors less than 1e-3 and mse less than 1e-5. When i use the equivalent simulink model (gensim(net) command) i have about 10% worse results from the normal control method from which i ge...

Training neural network for Simulink model
I am trying to train an Artificial Neural Network (ANN) to model a transfer function block I have set up in Simulink. The goal is to have the ANN produce the same output as the TF given the same input (time delays may be included using MUX blocks). I have used Simulink to export input/output data sets to MAT files, which I then access in the command window to use as training and test data for building the ANN. Once the ANN is trained I then use the gensim command to export the ANN to Simulink. Unfortunately the error is quite large. I have tried multiple inputs (with time delays), multi...

Simulink, Neural Network Blockset, MIMO or SISO only
I am trying to control a MIMO system using the Simulink blockset for Neural network control systems (Model Reference, NARMA -L2). Is the blockset capable of doing this or am i just wasting my time. I can only comprehend working with a SISO system. Thanks guys. HI Tushar, I am afraid I have the same comprehension like you. so now ,I turn to construct NN with code. Is anyone else has the same situation? Po Tushar wrote: > > > I am trying to control a MIMO system using the Simulink blockset > for > Neural network control systems (Model Reference, NARMA -L2). Is the > blockset...

need S-function code for simulink neural network
can you help me, please ? give me s-function code for neural network i need this code for my homework thanks in advance ...

Calling neural network in a matlab function simulink block
Hi. I've a neural network saved in a MAT-file and would like to call it in a simulink model. So, in the matlab function block, I wrote the code below: coder.extrinsic('load') s = load('neuralNetworkFile.mat'); y = s.net(inputs); But the following error is generated: Attempt to extract field 'aliceNN' from 'mxArray'. Anyone knows why the error occurs and what can be done to fix? Thank you. ...

Simulink
Hello, I am trying to construct a neural network for use within the simulink enviroment from labeled data that I have generated and saved within the matlab workspace. Although the network simulates (sim(net,'input vector') and throught the use of the NN toolbox) without any problems I receive the following error messages when attempting to export the block to simulink - ??? Error using ==> add_block Dimensions specified in 'untitled3/Neural Network/Process Input 1/p' are invalid. Dimensions must be -1 (inherited) or a non-empty vector of strictly positive intege...

neural network: Recurrent Neural Networks
Hi Greg and Anders, thanks for your help of my backpropagation topic. Now I switch to recurrent neural networks. My question: 1. Does it the recurrent neural networks need to divide input data into training, validation and testing 3 sets? I tried to convert my previous brackpro code into recurrent but it prompt out the error that the "train" code section has too many input arguements, which include VV and TV... Felix Hi I tried to use Elam network. One strange result came to me. I used 10 hidden units it shown that the preformance goal is not met. and the mse is about 8.5 . Then ...

Neural Network Architecture with MATLAB Neural Network Toolbox
Dear neural network experts, I would like to make a neural network model for a situation when some of the input variables can interact, while others don't have any interactions. This information is based on logical considerations and I have to include it into the architecture of the net. For example, I have 3 different groups of input variables. Within each groups the variables are disjunct (i.e. no interaction). Variables of different groups may interact. This would result in either - restrictions to some weights of a network consisting of completely inter-linked neurons (i.e. some weight...

neural network predictiver controller in neural network toolbox
I got some question that would like to ask about the minimizaton routine in neural network predictive controller in neural network toolbox. 1. Is there any method to calculate the control signal which minimize the performance index beside using Simulink? Any Matlab command which is relevant for minimization of performance index? 2. What is the teory for minimization routine like csrchbac? Is there any reference that I can refer? I am looking forward for any reply from any other Matlab user. Thank you very much for spending your time to read my message. Thanks again. Hi, G.H.Heng you work ...

Request : Introductory Material on Neural Networks and Fuzzy Neural Networks
Hey All, I am interested in Neural Networks and Fuzzy Neural Networks. My school library isn't staffed with the books that were mentioned in the FAQ. Other than the wikipedia article, could anyone tell me where I could get good online introductory material about Neural Networks and Applications of Fuzzy Logic in Neural Networks. Thanks a lot, Devdatta http://www.ai-junkie.com has some pretty good info :) "dev" <dev.akhawe@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1163341237.990631.232940@h54g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Hey All, > I am interested in Neural Networks and...

Probabilistic Neural Network and Radial basis function Neural Network
I am a final year student in B.Tech Information Technology. I am doing a project related to object recoginition using Probabilistic Neural Network and Radial basis function Neural Network. Please send me the running code of these networks. Thanx ...

How can I create a neural network for data classification using the Neural Network Toolbox?
I want to create and train a neural network which can classify the input data. In my case, I would like to classify the voice/speech input signal. For your information, i had already done the feature extraction stage for the signal. Now, i have a problem how to recognize/classify using neural network.Please help me ..thank you. "fikrulhakim" wrote in message <htdtq1$irq$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > I want to create and train a neural network which can classify the input data. In my case, I would like to classify the voice/speech input signal. For your information, i had alr...

Neural Activity in Neural Network
Hi, Sorry for my "english"... I trained a neural network and i want to study it. This network have one hidden layer and I want the activity in tis hidden layer... but i don't make that... I try that : %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% load net_RDN input = ones(1,19); % pour voir la repr?sentation du r?seau %view(net) % mise en forme du vecteur d'entr? (en ligne) if size(input,2) == 1 input = input'; end % calule de l'activit? des neurones de la couche cach?e num_layer = 1; % indice couche cach?e for a=1:net.Layers{num_layer}.size activity.HL(a) = f...

Neural Network: Mixed Density Network
Hi all, I am interested in training a mixed density network. This uses the likelihood function as a training function. I am wondering if anyone has had experience with this, or if someone could point me in the right direction of where I can go learn how to use the Matlab Neural Network Toolbox to do this. I think I will need a custom training function? and possibly a custom performance function? I know this is a noob question, my apologies. Will ...