NN(Neural Network) Toolbox MATLAB

Hello all,
I am new to the forum and this is my first post.  I am undertaking a final year project which involves the use of MATLAB. In particular I need to use the NNToolbox. I am having great difficulty using it and would like some advice from more experienced users to help me.

Ok here is a brief description of my assignment:

1.I have transcribed a list of names into phonetic       format using the IPA(International Phonetic Alphabet).  Each name is made up of phonetic symbols. In total there are 54.

2.Each symbol is numbered: the first as 0 and the last as 54, working like an index.

3. For example the name Alec has 4 phonetic symbols.
E.g. A = 0, l = 24, e = 15, c = 7.

4.This means that the neural network has 54 inputs, but only 0,24,15 and 7 are switched on to represent Alec.  There should be four outputs to represent Alec.

I have to do this process for several hundred names for my project and I need to know how I can program this or find a tutorial that gives me an easy guide to the NN Toolbox and how I might implement this.

Any help would be appreciated as I am really stuck.

On Jan 24, 11:48 am, MLStudent <dubmcna...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Hello all,
> I am new to the forum and this is my first post.  I am undertaking a final year project which involves the use of MATLAB. In particular I need to use the NNToolbox. I am having great difficulty using it and would like some advice from more experienced users to help me.
>
> Ok here is a brief description of my assignment:
>
> 1.I have transcribed a list of names into phonetic       format using the IPA(International Phonetic Alphabet).  Each name is made up of phonetic symbols. In total there are 54.
>
> 2.Each symbol is numbered: the first as 0 and the last as 54, working like an index.
>
> 3. For example the name Alec has 4 phonetic symbols.
> E.g. A = 0, l = 24, e = 15, c = 7.
>
> 4.This means that the neural network has 54 inputs, but only 0,24,15 and 7 are switched on to represent Alec.  There should be four outputs to represent Alec.

This makes no sense to me.

The number of input and output nodes are fixed...what
are they?

Will you please explain, again, the input coding and
output coding?

TIA,

Greg

> I have to do this process for several hundred names for my project and I need to know how I can program this or find a tutorial that gives me an easy guide to theNNToolboxand how I might implement this.
>
> Any help would be appreciated as I am really stuck.

0
heath (3983)