No serial ports available

Hi, I'm running v6.1 on a new computer here, and code that worked
fine before (on v6.5 on a different computer) is no longer working.
Here is the code:

s = serial('COM1')
fopen(s)

I get this error message:
??? Error using ==> serial/fopen
Error using ==> fopen
Port: COM1 is not available. No ports are available.
Use INSTRFIND to determine if other instrument objects are connected
to the requested device.

I've tried this with my other serial ports too, it doesn't help. The
ports show up in device manager, and there's nothing else using them,
so is this a bug? if so, how can I fix it? Ireally need serial
comms!!

I've tried searching the newsgroup and support site, but haven't
managed to find anything to help.

Thanks in advance

Andrew
0
ajt (2)

Andrew,

There is a bug in version 6.5 for the serial port. Have a look at the
following link.

 <http://www.mathworks.com/support/solutions/data/1-1AQN3.html?product=IC&solution=1-1AQN3>

ope this may help.

Roy

Andrew Todd wrote:

> Hi, I'm running v6.1 on a new computer here, and code that worked
> fine before (on v6.5 on a different computer) is no longer working.
> Here is the code:
>
> s = serial('COM1')
> fopen(s)
>
> I get this error message:
> ??? Error using ==> serial/fopen
> Error using ==> fopen
> Port: COM1 is not available. No ports are available.
> Use INSTRFIND to determine if other instrument objects are
> connected
> to the requested device.
>
> I've tried this with my other serial ports too, it doesn't help.
> The
> ports show up in device manager, and there's nothing else using
> them,
> so is this a bug? if so, how can I fix it? Ireally need serial
> comms!!
>
> I've tried searching the newsgroup and support site, but haven't
> managed to find anything to help.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Andrew
0
yun_81 (7)
4/7/2006 1:24:40 PM
Thanks,

I've fixed it now, by moving the javax.comm file from
matlabroot\java\jarext\commapi\win32

to:

matlabroot\sys\java\jre\win32\jre\lib

Andrew.

Roy wrote:

> Andrew,
>
> There is a bug in version 6.5 for the serial port. Have a look at
> the
> following link.
>
> <http://www.mathworks.com/support/solutions/data/1-1AQN3.html?product=IC&solution=1-1AQN3>
>

> ope this may help.
>
> Roy
>
> Andrew Todd wrote:
>>

>> Hi, I'm running v6.1 on a new computer here, and code that
worked
>> fine before (on v6.5 on a different computer) is no longer
> working.
>> Here is the code:
>>
>> s = serial('COM1')
>> fopen(s)
>>
>> I get this error message:
>> ??? Error using ==> serial/fopen
>> Error using ==> fopen
>> Port: COM1 is not available. No ports are available.
>> Use INSTRFIND to determine if other instrument objects are
>> connected
>> to the requested device.
>>
>> I've tried this with my other serial ports too, it doesn't
help.
>> The
>> ports show up in device manager, and there's nothing else using
>> them,
>> so is this a bug? if so, how can I fix it? Ireally need serial
>> comms!!
>>
>> I've tried searching the newsgroup and support site, but
haven't
>> managed to find anything to help.
>>
>> Thanks in advance
>>
>> Andrew
0
ajt (2)
4/7/2006 1:57:10 PM
hey andrew can you please guide me too as to how to fix this problem.,as i need it for my final year project..i could now understand what you just did.

0
swati